BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications
 
View Poll Results: WHO MAKE THE BEST S65 S/C KIT
G-POWER 10 13.16%
ESS 40 52.63%
GINTANI 30 39.47%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-17-2010, 09:01 PM   #67
Eugene-TAIWAN
Brigadier General
 
Eugene-TAIWAN's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Taiwan

Posts: 3,112
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post
way too early to judge, there are only a very few customer cars out there

and a lot of current customers have sponsorship ties to vendors, which means you need to take whatever they say with a very big grain of salt.

Also the HKS/AA kit is not yet in production, nor is VF. VF's reputation has taken a beating lately, but my point is that two major players have yet to even release their kits, so it's a little early to say which is the best.
I think you have a good point as well. As this thread is for all companies to join and let the final customer know why their kit is the best.

AA and VF are still brewing up their kit. And waiting for them is only fair to the other 2 companies.
__________________

Past: Gintani stage3 M3
present: Porsche 993RWB, 964RS America,996 cupcar, 964 turbo 3.6, 991C4S, i3 in September
Eugene-TAIWAN is offline   Taiwan
0
      01-17-2010, 09:05 PM   #68
ST06M3
Enlisted Member
 
ST06M3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 BMW M3 ZCP
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: AZ

Posts: 43
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rectify View Post
Someone needs to bring their car to Arizona????? I thought the kits were reliable, why not prove it by driving from Arizona to go against one of the Gintani cars? Glad to know you accept the challenge though, I'm sure the competition will be glad to hear it and something will be worked out shortly.

If you do not feel the need to post you are the fastest why do you post uncorrected graphs showing inflated peak figures?

Exactly, it is great that there are different options out there. However, there is only one option for people who want the top performance at the moment and there are several for those who want a wide safety margin. ESS is not the only one who has been doing testing although for some reason it is portrayed that way. Why have you not posted any numbers from a drag strip?
MFest would be an excellent time to do this.
ST06M3 is offline  
0
      01-17-2010, 09:12 PM   #69
alex310
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335I Coupe/M3 Sedan
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: West Los Angeles/Westwood

Posts: 556
iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to alex310
Quote:
Originally Posted by tightie View Post
It honestly blows my mind how you make all your comments from behind a computer screen. Have you ever seen any of the kits in person? “I noticed a few small (but very important) details about this supercharger kit.” What are you going to pull out of your hat for a drive by video? I would LOVE to hear this. Have you ever picked up the phone and asked questions? Have you ever one told anyone who you are? There is for sure a reason why you are hiding behind a computer and speaking, it might be who you are or who you work for but in all honestly, your opinion doesn’t mean anything to me. You go around posting comments and never finishing them. You just jump on certain threads and act like you know everything.. hate to break it to you, you don’t.
I had a case with "Lemans_Blue_M" when he was attacking me with his good old facts, and claimed to know some people at DPE, and when I talked to my good friends at DPE no one knew him.

He does spit some good facts sometimes, but he is Superman behind that computer screen.

I talk to everyone behind the computer as I would talk to them in person.

As far as my vote goes, Gintani 100%, I am not a engine guy, or even care too much about power, I have seen NiteRiders kit run for about 10k+ miles, and he trusts Gintani being he is a full on BMW TECH, I trust his choice. Alex is very helpful, and backs his product like no other. Gintani all the way
alex310 is offline  
0
      01-17-2010, 09:13 PM   #70
m33
Banned
 
m33's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 VT650 MCB Individual
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: CT

Posts: 2,697
iTrader: (5)

The Man has a Very legitimate point ( PG ) everyone doesnt live at the dragstrip but yet almost anyone can push their cars as they would on open roads

When i hear drag strip i think of rollcage , gutted out , drag radials & alot of 1/4 runs practice , your basic driver wont be able to grasp that rush , but they can handle road runs plus theres very little room for drivers error

Fare on both the driver and the car ....
m33 is offline   United_States
0
      01-17-2010, 09:19 PM   #71
bigpuna
Private
 
Drives: Z4 35i / E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: AZ

Posts: 79
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluechipper View Post
LOL- Funny how the votes for Gintani went from 4 to 17 in a matter of an hour.

A little fishy.


Also I knew a certain "banned" member could not stay away from this thread. He just had to make a new account. You know who you are.


This thread was created with a Gintani bias. Funny thing is the votes went totally in ESS favor.
You are correct.
bigpuna is offline  
0
      01-17-2010, 09:19 PM   #72
Rectify
Banned
 
Drives: BMW M3
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Canada

Posts: 29
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST06M3 View Post
MFest would be an excellent time to do this.
Good point, completely forgot, Mfest will settle it all.
Rectify is offline  
0
      01-17-2010, 09:30 PM   #73
m33
Banned
 
m33's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 VT650 MCB Individual
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: CT

Posts: 2,697
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rectify View Post
It seems English is not your first language due to the way you type and you are always butting in supporting ESS. Just curious, do you have any connection to ESS? Something is not right, but doubt we will get the full story.
Yes , you are correct English is not my first language its my 3rd . And i do have a connection, i purchased one of their kits so i believe i can chime in and share what the drivability & performance are like

I can only speak of what i have witnessed and try'd unlike others making statements for SC'd cars they have never been in .
m33 is offline   United_States
0
      01-17-2010, 09:30 PM   #74
Rectify
Banned
 
Drives: BMW M3
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Canada

Posts: 29
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PencilGeek View Post
Just what I thought: SAMPLE_SIZE == 1 to "establish" something as fact.

Show me the BMW SIB or recall notice. Those are the only "established" facts.



I believe that was both asked, and answered in the ESS thread. Why isn't the answer good enough?



As I've mentioned twice already, it's exactly the OPPOSITE! The peak numbers on uncorrected will be LOWER when the dyno was run above 60 degrees farenheit. I'll be happy to send you the SAE 1349 specification if you want to wade through the math to prove it to yourself.



The GS car with a 100% bone stock VT2 hardware and more aggressive (but non-custom) software is somehow abnormal customer vehicle, but a guy with methonol injection, high boost, and a custom DCT cooler just to allow burnouts on a drag strip is considered a "regular" customer vehicle. If that's the case, then were are the five others just like that one. Because other than the software, I think there are five others just like the GS car.



I already answered this.
There is no recall, why would there be? I don't understand why you do not seem to understand the transmission cooler is the same for the manual and the DCT. The manual came first, they simply used the same cooler. Many DCT people have overheated stock, not large enough of a sample size for you? Why does there have to be recall before you acknowledge it? We all know BMW pays instant attention to issues, they proved that when they instantly recalled S54 bearings and it did not take MONTHS of pressure on the BMW forums to get them to pay attention to it.

Huh, why isn't the answer good enough regarding the chart? Because why would you post the uncorrected chart to begin with unless you were trying to imply larger power figures? Seems to me ESS has a repeat pattern of doing that with dyno charts.

No, it is not exactly the opposite, look at the chart posted that is not breaking 600 wheel. Why is it not supporting you? Why do other cars with similar mods with corrected dyno figures post results that are far more in line with the corrected figure? Do you really think the same boost through an aftermarket exhaust is going to post radically different figures like what we got? No, it won't, and the purpose was to boast peak dyno figures

The GS car is running a modified kit, clearly, so what? It is not a customer car and it is not running a typical tune or pulley. It also has support no one else will see, it is not representative of an actual customer car running 91 octane in the United States. It may as well be a one-off, actually, it is.

Yep, someone taking their car to the drag strip is just a regular guy with no race team. Just a regular guy trying to put down good numbers for fun, why have no regular guys done that with any other kit yet? Do they need to strip their car and run in a European race series? You think water-meth is a big deal? HPF has been doing it for a while now, it is quite commonplace in the forced induction scene. I understand you are new to it, but this has been going on since the E36 days. Frankly, I'm shocked ESS and VF do not offer water-meth specific tunes for the 91 octane audience, a glaring oversight. VF already paid for it.
Rectify is offline  
0
      01-17-2010, 09:30 PM   #75
bigpuna
Private
 
Drives: Z4 35i / E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: AZ

Posts: 79
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rectify View Post
It seems English is not your first language due to the way you type and you are always butting in supporting ESS. Just curious, do you have any connection to ESS? Something is not right, but doubt we will get the full story.
Coming from a guy who makes a new account every week to tell everyone how great Gintani is and how every other product sucks The guy owns an ESS kit and drives it everyday. I would say his feedback on ESS superchargers would be a little more reliable then yours.
bigpuna is offline  
0
      01-17-2010, 09:30 PM   #76
Bluechipper
Banned
 
Drives: 09 M3 Vert
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Chicago

Posts: 256
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rectify View Post
It seems English is not your first language due to the way you type and you are always butting in supporting ESS. Just curious, do you have any connection to ESS? Something is not right, but doubt we will get the full story.
Whats your connection to Gintani?

Lets be real, you make a new account because you couldn't handle not participating in this thread thread.

What I do find funny is seeing the Gintani fanboys get banned, because they all are loudmouths.
Bluechipper is offline  
0
      01-17-2010, 09:32 PM   #77
Rectify
Banned
 
Drives: BMW M3
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Canada

Posts: 29
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m33 View Post
Yes , you are correct English is not my first language its my 3rd . And i do have a connection, i purchased one of their kits so i believe i can chime in and share what the drivability & performance are like

I can only speak of what i have witnessed and try'd unlike others making statements for SC'd cars they have never been in .
I understand, I just have some difficulty understanding what you are trying to say sometimes so I just wanted to make sure. I did not want to start having a debate and have a misunderstanding that was language barrier related
Rectify is offline  
0
      01-17-2010, 09:34 PM   #78
Rectify
Banned
 
Drives: BMW M3
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Canada

Posts: 29
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluechipper View Post
Whats your connection to Gintani?

Lets be real, you make a new account because you couldn't handle not participating in this thread thread.

What I do find funny is seeing the Gintani fanboys get banned, because they all are loudmouths.
Let's be real, there was a ton of BS in this thread and we now have a far more accurate picture now. Perhaps you are upset because you went around supporting inflated dyno figures from ESS as if they were gospel? Didn't you say ESS dyno'd more than Gintani without even interpreting or questioning it? Why don't they ban people who spread misinformation would be my question?
Rectify is offline  
0
      01-17-2010, 09:36 PM   #79
m33
Banned
 
m33's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 VT650 MCB Individual
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: CT

Posts: 2,697
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rectify View Post
I understand, I just have some difficulty understanding what you are trying to say sometimes so I just wanted to make sure. I did not want to start having a debate and have a misunderstanding that was language barrier related
Play on playa
Cheers
m33 is offline   United_States
0
      01-17-2010, 09:43 PM   #80
Rectify
Banned
 
Drives: BMW M3
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Canada

Posts: 29
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpuna View Post
Coming from a guy who makes a new account every week to tell everyone how great Gintani is and how every other product sucks The guy owns an ESS kit and drives it everyday. I would say his feedback on ESS superchargers would be a little more reliable then yours.
You are in Arizona and are siding with ESS? Big surprise

You would say his feedback on ESS superchargers would be reliable? I can only go by what I have seen and I have yet to see any real world numbers from ESS...
Rectify is offline  
0
      01-17-2010, 09:55 PM   #81
Rectify
Banned
 
Drives: BMW M3
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Canada

Posts: 29
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PencilGeek View Post
At EVERY point in just about every thread "runs" are mentioned as one means of comparison. Just because you didn't say it, doesn't mean they weren't mentioned.



The Mojave Mile gives you terminal speed, and with the addition of the vBox 1/4 mile, and 60-130MPH as well. So what if the 1/4 mile isn't going to be accurate to 3-digits of precision. As you said...big deal...it gave you what you wanted. If you're interested (as you said above) with knowing whether or not you'll blow away the guy next to you, then two digits of accuracy out of the vBox will be just fine. If you need the three digits of accuracy to satisfy yourself, then by all means, go to the drag strip.



In one breath, you demand 1/4 mile and 60-130MPH runs, but in the next breath you say I can't demand what is used to measure performance. I won't let you get away with the double standard. You can't have it both ways. You can't demand 1/4 mile as the metric of performance and deny the Mojave Mile -- especially when you can extract 1/4 and 60-130MPH runs out of it at the same time with the vBox.



No need to demonstrate desparation in your rebuttal by attempting to hit below the belt. You know precisely what I think about the irrelevance of the 1/4 mile as a meaningful performance tool -- it ends up being a driver's measurement, not a vehicle's measurement. I think the latest Famosso results went quite a long way to prove my point...and I'm not even talking about your car at all.

You said you're interested in real-world results...so I want to know how does the 1/4 mile drag strip even remotely give that to you? When was the last time you pulled up to a stop light with your DR tires and did a burn out to warm them up before the light turned green? Screw your double standards! The Mojave Mile is far, Far, FAR more of a realistic test of real world results for the 1/4 mile (because burn outs aren't allow), for 60-130, and terminal speed. How could you POSSIBLY refuse to come to this event when you are being so demanding of real-world comparisons? Buddy, this IS the real world comparison of everything you're demanding. Don't refuse to come and show what your car can do because you think it's too dangerous or irrelevant. It's your 1/4 mile times that are irrelevant to the real world!
I did not mention runs as legit in this thread, are you referring to me or to something else that was not mentioned here? Clearly it must be something else, because I did not mention Mexico runs as "legit." They will show you which car has the higher trap speed though from that irrelevant 1/4 mile.

If you have a Vbox the Mojave mile will give you what you stated. You can get the Vbox data without having to head all the way to the mile, so what is the point of mentioning it?

It is not a double standard, most people use the 1/4 mile but you want to use the mile for some reason. The 1/4 mile gives ET and trap, far more useful, than just terminal speed which you get in the mile. Most people will not care about the mile figures, that is the majority, and the numbers will have a far smaller base to compare against. That is a fact, and I want to know what mods do in the 1/4 as well as the mile and everything else. Most people would prefer just 1/4 mile numbers.

Desparation? I'm sorry PG, the stroker has put down very poor performance so far. It is far behind bolt on cars and SC cars. This is not me being desperate, this is simply where we are. Don't take it negatively, I would like to see the stroker do something, anything, to justify the cost.

The 1/4 mile strip shows what the cars trap speed and ET is. Why would I drag race on the street? The trap speed shows just how fast the car will be in the real world, such as that Mexican highway that seems to be popular. I would not be interested in performance parts to drag race on the street but if I do drag race on the strip I expect them to perform. There are owners interested in this, so why is only one company doing it and backing up their numbers? Focusing on dyno figures only is a double standard.

1/4 mile times are hardly irrelevant, I will take a slip and trap speed over dyno numbers any day. You like the mile because it takes much of the driver skill out of it and it would help alleviate some of the issues you have had with performance numbers so far. I will do them all probably, but I don't think it would be fair to compare you to me as the power disparity is too great.
Rectify is offline  
0
      01-17-2010, 10:19 PM   #82
bigpuna
Private
 
Drives: Z4 35i / E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: AZ

Posts: 79
iTrader: (0)

I think it is very possible that if no one else posts a response in this thread Sticky will eventually start to argue with himself for at least 2 more pages
bigpuna is offline  
0
      01-17-2010, 10:42 PM   #83
ST06M3
Enlisted Member
 
ST06M3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 BMW M3 ZCP
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: AZ

Posts: 43
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWCadet View Post
Wrong. People want the most reliable. You can have the fastest Supercharger and the bill that'll come with replacing the engine when it blows. I bet this M engine costs as much as a 328.
Ok. So if SC Company #1 was the most reliable but cannot beat a stock car, you would buy it? Going F/I means you want more power, not reliability. Reliability is the ancillary effect of a solid company.
ST06M3 is offline  
0
      01-17-2010, 10:43 PM   #84
iveman89
First Lieutenant
 
iveman89's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 M3 E93
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: watsonville, CA

Posts: 392
iTrader: (0)

sticky=rectify right?
iveman89 is offline   United_States
0
      01-17-2010, 10:47 PM   #85
ST06M3
Enlisted Member
 
ST06M3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 BMW M3 ZCP
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: AZ

Posts: 43
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PencilGeek View Post
How so? Did MFest organizers rent a drag strip, track, or airport runway this year? Or is the "excellent time to do this" on the street?
LOL. Since ESS and Gintani and lots of others dont live near each other, these events brings everyone together and can have some races. Of course the street. Hope your going to be there....
ST06M3 is offline  
0
      01-17-2010, 11:04 PM   #86
Rectify
Banned
 
Drives: BMW M3
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Canada

Posts: 29
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iveman89 View Post
sticky=rectify right?
I have no idea who you are referring to. I am Rectify the Canadian, I am a Libra, my eyes are green, and I enjoy long walks on the beach and pray every night for world peace.

Last edited by Rectify; 01-17-2010 at 11:23 PM.
Rectify is offline  
0
      01-17-2010, 11:11 PM   #87
ST06M3
Enlisted Member
 
ST06M3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 BMW M3 ZCP
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: AZ

Posts: 43
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PencilGeek View Post
I'm really not interested in street racing...especially out in the desert on roads that aren't street-swept, and are weathered by 120 degree days in the summer, an 0 degree nights in the winter. You've probably never had the privilege of three large male Deer running across the road in the Nevada desert 50 feet in front of you while travelling at 110 MPH. I have. It's something I'd never like to repeat.

I've been to two MFest events. I'm undecided about going to another. I'm very hesitant.
Actually I have. I used to travel to Minnesota and drive from the twin cities to Rochester and almost hit a deer doing 80+mph on the freeway. It was pretty freaky.

Try to make it. Its all about meeting the people and seeing all of the cool cars.
ST06M3 is offline  
0
      01-17-2010, 11:16 PM   #88
shaunt
Lieutenant
 
shaunt's Avatar
 
Drives: 10' E92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Laguna Niguel, CA

Posts: 411
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to shaunt
Honestly,



I <3 this thread.
__________________
LTBMW | Gintani
shaunt is offline   United_States
0
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:05 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST