BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications
 
OneEighty
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-11-2010, 09:29 AM   #23
J08M3
Major General
 
J08M3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 M3 COUPE
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NEW YORK

Posts: 6,012
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerM3 View Post
Thanks Le Mans, I'll look into that.

Jlinke, that sounds good, that is what I am looking for. Something that is not too obtrusive and will not get old after a while. I feel like I have heard more overall negative reviews/opinions on the AA however over the Eisenmann Sport.
Curious what you heard negative about AA? I gotta tell you it's a tough choice between the two, as we've discussed in PMs. I liked driving with the windows open with both, however you had to listen a little hard to hear the Eis sport, and my AA was never just axle back. AA combined with HFCs and X-pipe is loud, but I love the sound, and it's not annoying inside and doesn't drone.

However Eis sport over Akra is a definite, the Akra is just way too much money and doesn't sound that much different. (well at least from side by side youtube comparisons )
__________________
J08M3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-15-2010, 09:41 PM   #24
SpencerM3
Sauce
 
SpencerM3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 SSII E90 M3
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 2,026
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by J08M3 View Post
Curious what you heard negative about AA? I gotta tell you it's a tough choice between the two, as we've discussed in PMs. I liked driving with the windows open with both, however you had to listen a little hard to hear the Eis sport, and my AA was never just axle back. AA combined with HFCs and X-pipe is loud, but I love the sound, and it's not annoying inside and doesn't drone.

However Eis sport over Akra is a definite, the Akra is just way too much money and doesn't sound that much different. (well at least from side by side youtube comparisons )
I haven't read any "bad" reviews about the AA, but there have been complaints from AA owenrs about the mild drone in low RPM's and that it was a bit too loud for their taste.

I think I would probably enjoy the AA, however the Eisenmann seems like it might be best for me. Sure it might be a bit quiet at times, but I can always do things to make the Eisenmann a bit more aggressive than toning the AA down if it's too loud for me.

Since my car is a DD, and my driving is probably 50/50 hwy/city, plus I will be driving my two young daughters around often, I really don't wnat anthing too loud. Funny though, since I am wanting the AA tune and pulleys, plus the fact that AA has that nice 0% financing right now, I haven't ruled out the AA exhaust yet.
__________________
2009 E90 M3 | Silverstone II | Black Novillo | HRE P40's | Akrapovic Exhaust | Eibach Pro Kit | Jet Black Kidney Grilles | SSII Side Reflectors | SSII Side Gills | LUX H8 Angel Eyes | Macht Schnell Filter | Tecnocraft Envy Charge Pipe

"M3 drivers have no friends." - Jeremy Clarkson
SpencerM3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-15-2010, 11:39 PM   #25
Eugene-TAIWAN
Brigadier General
 
Eugene-TAIWAN's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Taiwan

Posts: 3,112
iTrader: (4)

I would get a Gintani x-pipe and a tune.

don't need to waste money on the test of the stuff
__________________

Past: Gintani stage3 M3
present: Porsche 993RWB, 964RS America,996 cupcar, 964 turbo 3.6, 991C4S, i3 in September
Eugene-TAIWAN is offline   Taiwan
0
Reply With Quote
      01-16-2010, 01:02 AM   #26
Fen335i
Captain
 
Fen335i's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 M3 / X5d / Z4 M Roadster
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Pacific Northwest

Posts: 801
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene-TAIWAN View Post
I would get a Gintani x-pipe and a tune.

don't need to waste money on the test of the stuff
what makes you say that? do you think there is more performance out of the xpipe and tune...whereas the rear exhaust is just sound and not much perf (aka "fluff")?
Fen335i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-16-2010, 01:24 AM   #27
zamm3k
Bla!
 
zamm3k's Avatar
 
Drives: JB E90 M3
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Miami, FL

Posts: 831
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fen335i View Post
what makes you say that? do you think there is more performance out of the xpipe and tune...whereas the rear exhaust is just sound and not much perf (aka "fluff")?
thats pretty much it. The couple of ponies you merely get out of the rear section are questionable and not really noticeable if at all. Yes. You'll probably make more HP, but its more the sound you'll make than the power. If you want power, you should be looking for a new X-Pipe and eventually a tune.
__________________
:.-. KW .-. RPi .-. SUPERSPRINT .-. MACHT SCHNELL .-. VOSSEN .-. VREDESTEIN .-.:

zamm3k is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-16-2010, 02:08 PM   #28
SpencerM3
Sauce
 
SpencerM3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 SSII E90 M3
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 2,026
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamm3k View Post
thats pretty much it. The couple of ponies you merely get out of the rear section are questionable and not really noticeable if at all. Yes. You'll probably make more HP, but its more the sound you'll make than the power. If you want power, you should be looking for a new X-Pipe and eventually a tune.
I was looking at the Fabspeed X-pipe w/ HFC's. Assuming one added this only, what would it do noise wise to the exhaust?
__________________
2009 E90 M3 | Silverstone II | Black Novillo | HRE P40's | Akrapovic Exhaust | Eibach Pro Kit | Jet Black Kidney Grilles | SSII Side Reflectors | SSII Side Gills | LUX H8 Angel Eyes | Macht Schnell Filter | Tecnocraft Envy Charge Pipe

"M3 drivers have no friends." - Jeremy Clarkson
SpencerM3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-16-2010, 02:23 PM   #29
Alias
dork
 
Alias's Avatar
 
Drives: //M
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: so cal

Posts: 478
iTrader: (3)

adding hfc and an xpiple would be louder
Alias is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-17-2010, 08:22 PM   #30
SpencerM3
Sauce
 
SpencerM3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 SSII E90 M3
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 2,026
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alias View Post
adding hfc and an xpiple would be louder
Noticeably, so? Or say comparable to what an Eisenmann Sport would give you?
__________________
2009 E90 M3 | Silverstone II | Black Novillo | HRE P40's | Akrapovic Exhaust | Eibach Pro Kit | Jet Black Kidney Grilles | SSII Side Reflectors | SSII Side Gills | LUX H8 Angel Eyes | Macht Schnell Filter | Tecnocraft Envy Charge Pipe

"M3 drivers have no friends." - Jeremy Clarkson
SpencerM3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-18-2010, 05:48 PM   #31
Jlnike
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 08 e90 m3 07 e90 328xi
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New York

Posts: 261
iTrader: (1)

btw not sure if i said it but i have no xpipe or hfc's i don't have a tune and its my dd with major highway miles.... Yes the low end drone did bother me for the first day...its only under load and when are we ever below 2k rpms anyway so....doesn't bother me at all anymore. its actually fun and i find myself toying with high gears at low speeds just to make different pitches. lol


LOve the AA

Just don't ever mess up the tips in the back because they are expensive to replace!!!!
Jlnike is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-21-2010, 07:09 PM   #32
niqui
Brigadier General
 
niqui's Avatar
 
Drives: Jet Black E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Canada

Posts: 3,100
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamm3k View Post
thats pretty much it. The couple of ponies you merely get out of the rear section are questionable and not really noticeable if at all. Yes. You'll probably make more HP, but its more the sound you'll make than the power. If you want power, you should be looking for a new X-Pipe and eventually a tune.
correct me if i am wrong.
as far as i understand:
a rear seciton on its own will provide negligible gains, but when paired with a race xpipe or midpipe etc one will acheive max gains, a tune would help further.

however, i believe that just putting a race xpipe or midpipe straight in without changing the stock rear section to a less restrictive one would detract from the gains of the xpipe itself, like blowing into a straw...

this is what my commonsense says.
niqui is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
active autowerke, eisenmann, exhaust

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:07 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST