BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-01-2015, 07:43 PM   #1
07BSM328
Private First Class
Canada
2
Rep
147
Posts

Drives: '12 M3 Fire Orange
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Calgary, Alberta

iTrader: (0)

The 255/275 dilemma-which tires?

So I've got a 2012 E92 M3, comp pkg and need new tires. Have been reading up on the whole going a little bigger and was set on 255/35 and 275/35 with super sports but my local tire guys say they can't get 'em in and now i'm unsure which tires to go with.
I don't track my care, have the zcp wheels, not lowered, no spacers. just wanted to fill the wheel wells a little better and try the super sports as everyone has such great things to say about them.
As my summer car and daily driver i do encounter rain so my thought of trying cup or trofeoRs is prob outta the question.
So any advice? comfort and ability to deal with crappy roads is a big point as there's tons of freeze/thaw in calgary and lots of pot holes/hwy seams etc so not looking to go any thiner than 35 profile.
thanks!
__________________
07 328i good riddance!
10 STi miss the winter beater
03 911 C4S never forgotten
12 E92 M3 Fire Orange not subtle at all
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2015, 07:46 PM   #2
AlpineE92M3
Currently Driving
AlpineE92M3's Avatar
76
Rep
1,147
Posts

Drives: BPM tuned '13 AW ZCP E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rochester, NY

iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2013 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
I just upgraded to a 275 PSS rear with 12mm spacer on ZCP setup, love them! Now I gotta get the 255 fronts
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2015, 09:53 PM   #3
maloo
Second Lieutenant
17
Rep
236
Posts

Drives: M3 E90
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Boston area

iTrader: (0)

You have it backwards. You need to find another tire shop not another tire brand. Also, Tire Rack ships to Canada.

http://www.michelin.ca/


http://www.tirerack.com/FAQ/index.js...adian%20Orders
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2015, 10:45 PM   #4
70X200
Private
No_Country
0
Rep
65
Posts

Drives: 2008 BMW M3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: No where in particular

iTrader: (0)

Being up North with the cooler temps, you might look at the Mich AS3's. Excellent tire for both wet and dry.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2015, 10:15 PM   #5
07BSM328
Private First Class
Canada
2
Rep
147
Posts

Drives: '12 M3 Fire Orange
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Calgary, Alberta

iTrader: (0)

ya i know tirerack ships to CAN and i've always gotten my tires there, its just the 25% exchange rate right now makes it a little unreasonable i think but may just bite the bullet, seems no one can get them here even though tire rack has em in stock.
only other tire i was consiering was the AD08.
__________________
07 328i good riddance!
10 STi miss the winter beater
03 911 C4S never forgotten
12 E92 M3 Fire Orange not subtle at all
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2015, 10:48 PM   #6
maloo
Second Lieutenant
17
Rep
236
Posts

Drives: M3 E90
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Boston area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07BSM328 View Post
ya i know tirerack ships to CAN and i've always gotten my tires there, its just the 25% exchange rate right now makes it a little unreasonable i think but may just bite the bullet, seems no one can get them here even though tire rack has em in stock.
only other tire i was consiering was the AD08.

The exchange rate does change things. According to this review and with your conditions, Bridgestone S-04 might be an option:

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...omparison-test
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2015, 11:55 PM   #7
White 13
Private First Class
2
Rep
175
Posts

Drives: A 2013 Alpine White E92
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: N Cal

iTrader: (0)

I had the AD08R in the stock size and really liked them. I would have them now if they had a 200 treadwear. Completely different category from the Pilot Super Sport though. Bridgestone RE71R may be comparable to the AD08R and they come in the 255/275-35 19 size.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2015, 10:00 AM   #8
BimmerRookie
First Lieutenant
United_States
12
Rep
385
Posts

Drives: E93 M3
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

I just picked up some Conti DW and I love them so far. They're quite comfortable but still get tons of grip. Previously I had Mich AS3, and honestly after havng these new tires on, i porbably wont go back. Treadlife & price are decent as well.

I got my 265/30/19 and 285/30/19 for around $1000
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2015, 10:41 AM   #9
Inf4life
Retired
Inf4life's Avatar
3
Rep
146
Posts

Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

One of my buddies has had a good experience with Pirelli P-Zeros. I'd check them out of you can't wait for PSS. I personally would wait unless you are riding on slicks.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2015, 06:24 PM   #10
Installsplus
The Ultimate Driving Machine
Installsplus's Avatar
Canada
8
Rep
596
Posts

Drives: 2011 E92 M3 DCT/SG on Fox Red
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2011 BMW  [0.00]
2010 Cadillac SRX  [0.00]
check out my threads that should help you!
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2015, 11:13 PM   #11
Longboarder
Brigadier General
112
Rep
4,143
Posts

Drives: 2013 e92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Monarch Beach

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 997.2 Turbo S  [4.75]
2013 e92 M3  [4.55]
2013 BMW X5  [0.00]
The grip of the PSS on the street is very good because they don't need heat to work. They work awesome when cold. They are also fantastic in the rain. And they last a long time. Terrific all around tire.

Hope you can find a set.
__________________
Daily: 2013 e92 M3 DCT / ESS VT2 650 S/C / Akrapovic Evolution / StopTech BBK
Track/Airstrip: 2011 997.2 Turbo S PDK / GIAC FBO @ 30psi / BBi suspension build
Beaterz: 2013 X5 3.5 Sport, 2015 Wrangler Unlimited
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 1
      06-09-2015, 07:48 AM   #12
Jonnykin
///M
Canada
5
Rep
195
Posts

Drives: 2008 M3 JRZ BLK 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Winnipeg

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maloo
You have it backwards. You need to find another tire shop not another tire brand. Also, Tire Rack ships to Canada.

http://www.michelin.ca/


http://www.tirerack.com/FAQ/index.js...adian%20Orders
this.....

PSS is the way to go.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2015, 11:51 AM   #13
Sandye90m3
Captain
Sandye90m3's Avatar
Canada
24
Rep
954
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07BSM328 View Post
So I've got a 2012 E92 M3, comp pkg and need new tires. Have been reading up on the whole going a little bigger and was set on 255/35 and 275/35 with super sports but my local tire guys say they can't get 'em in and now i'm unsure which tires to go with.
I don't track my care, have the zcp wheels, not lowered, no spacers. just wanted to fill the wheel wells a little better and try the super sports as everyone has such great things to say about them.
As my summer car and daily driver i do encounter rain so my thought of trying cup or trofeoRs is prob outta the question.
So any advice? comfort and ability to deal with crappy roads is a big point as there's tons of freeze/thaw in calgary and lots of pot holes/hwy seams etc so not looking to go any thiner than 35 profile.
thanks!
Dude! Go to Urban Expression Wheel and Tire in the NE. The guy that works there is phenomenal, get you tires in about 3 hour notice, and installs in 30 mins...

http://www.urbanexp.ca/locations.htm
__________________
M3.E90 JZB Blacked out.Coded.TurnerTestPipes.GTSDCT. Magnaflow Rear. Dinan Tips.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:16 AM.




m3post
m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST