BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!

12-16-2009, 09:26 PM   #1
HybridNate
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Modulare Forged = good or Bad?

Hi guys,

I've been lurking for awhile but finally made the jump and am now looking at a set of Modulare wheels. Has anyone had any issues with this particular brand? Please feel free to e-mail or pm me anytime.

Thank you in advance,

Trev
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2009, 12:04 AM   #2
Green///Hell
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3, F15 X5, 1199S

I have a really nice set. I don't trust quality until I see stuff in person and these came out great. Forged 3-piece wheel so it's not going to get light but they're a little heavier than stock
I went with a custom finish on all pieces even the bolts and the finish came out perfect a lot better than some other stuff I've seen...x1000000 better than anything 360 forged could come up with so no runs or fitment issues or anything like that.
I love them, for what they are. Contact the WheelSTO Julius knows a lot more about them than I do. He could get in depth about them
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2009, 12:07 AM   #3
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 | X5 xdrive 35i MSport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda///Monic View Post
I have a really nice set. I don't trust quality until I see stuff in person and these came out great. Forged 3-piece wheel so it's not going to get light but they're a little heavier than stock
I went with a custom finish on all pieces even the bolts and the finish came out perfect a lot better than some other stuff I've seen...x1000000 better than anything 360 forged could come up with so no runs or fitment issues or anything like that.
I love them, for what they are. Contact the WheelSTO Julius knows a lot more about them than I do. He could get in depth about them
ive seen pics of your car with them on wow does your car look HOT
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2009, 12:13 AM   #4
Green///Hell
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Oh lol your local, I was wondering how you saw pics of them if I don't even have them. lol

You must've gone to the STO

and thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2009, 01:12 AM   #5
HybridNate
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Panda - your car looks great. Did you buy from WheelSTO and how was your experience with them?
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2009, 01:34 AM   #6
Green///Hell
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Yeah WheelSTO. Bought both of my last sets of wheels from them. Extremely knowledgeable group of guys over there and go beyond my expectations as a vendor.
Hey they even took me on a snowboarding trip for free

But in all seriousness they keep you up to date on everything and treat your order as if it were their own.

ps. where did you see pics (Nate)? I haven't even seen them lol

Here's two pics of the wheels Johan put in one thread

Appreciate 0
      12-17-2009, 11:57 AM   #7
wheeladdicts
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

very nice!
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2009, 12:08 PM   #8
Ryan@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: ACR

we love our Modulare wheels.

Like all new brands we were skeptical to carry them in the beginning as they were fairly new to the market and we had no experience with them.

Then we got samples and more samples from them and in different designs and fitments and got a chance to see them in person and we were amazed.

They have a good mix/portfolio of designs and most importantly they truly custom the wheels for us.

For example, you can get such features as different color variations on the face and lip, but they take it to a higher level with the ability to do all hidden hardware to a few showing to a full bolted design. You also get to decide on the center design (circle or pentagon).

Modulare really pays attention to detail and they have shown support to us and our customers for us to be 100% confident in selling the products to our clients.
      12-17-2009, 12:36 PM   #9
Lewis@MWDesign
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW Z4 3.5i 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius@WSTO View Post

Like all new brands we were skeptical to carry them in the beginning as they were fairly new to the market and we had no experience with them.

Then we got samples and more samples from them and in different designs and fitments and got a chance to see them in person and we were amazed.

They have a good mix/portfolio of designs and most importantly they truly custom the wheels for us.

For example, you can get such features as different color variations on the face and lip, but they take it to a higher level with the ability to do all hidden hardware to a few showing to a full bolted design. You also get to decide on the center design (circle or pentagon).

Modulare really pays attention to detail and they have shown support to us and our customers for us to be 100% confident in selling the products to our clients.
Totally agree on Julius on this one.

We have used Modulares on quite a few of our recent project cars and will be launching a new Modulare style + custom finish on my PROJECT E89 Z4 in the next month or so.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2009, 03:45 PM   #10
ChronoJ1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Euro

+1 for WheelSto. I recently purchased a bunch of Audi parts and they were extremely helpful with the entire process.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2009, 12:05 PM   #11
FSHNGRY
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: INDIVIDUAL F90 M5C LCI

Garage List
Those look beautiful. Man, I can't wait to get settled into my condo and them work on getting this car. It's making me crazy waiting!!
GONE: '05 E46 ZHP | LOADED | DINAN STG3 PKG |

IG: @FSHNGRY
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2009, 11:07 AM   #12
Modified Bimmers
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius@WSTO View Post

Can you show me the difference betwEen a circle or pentagon design for the center design.
Appreciate 0