BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

Steve Thomas BMW

01-04-2010, 10:09 AM   #177
footie
Major General

Drives: ????????????

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian1480 View Post
nothing like hurt feelings in interwebs.

Bottom line to me: all 4 cars being discussed (S4, S5, 335xi, 335i) have similar performance numbers. since you're not racing your vehicles, the fractions of a second differences between them at STOCK mean nothing at all.

so f*ck the performance. it's a wash. so now you have to decide which of the other features you feel are most important and make your decisions from there on which best meets your expectations and needs.

lease/purchase costs. available packages. available color combinations. available features. style inside and out. reliability. uniqueness. modability. tire sizes. user-friendliniess of the satnav system. expected resale value.

consequently, my next vehicle is most likely to be an A5 2.0T, which can easily be modded for solid performance and HP, yet looks beautiful to my eyes. I love the white on butter brown like Tiger Woods loves white women.

and so it will be for me. and damn what anyone else thinks because it's my money and I'm for damn sure going to be a happy man. some of you guys need to deal with your insecurities. you'll have more fun in life.
Very well said. Too many people get hung up of the fractions of a second and make comparisons based on that front.

There is far more to ownership than simply all out performance.

P.S.
I saw an S5 (Sprint Blue) coming towards me the other day, first I had seen in probably two months and I must say I forgot just how good looking it was ........... it made me kind of miss my own.
footie is offline   No_Country
      01-04-2010, 01:21 PM   #178
graider
Colonel

Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3

black s5 over these S4, 335xi, 335i for sure if I'm looking for car in this category.
      01-13-2010, 05:13 AM   #179
footie
Major General

Drives: ????????????

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Just a bit of food for thought to those how either are considering the new S4 or already have one. APR has a tuning kit for it now and here is the fruits of their labour against a stock S4.

footie is offline   No_Country
      01-13-2010, 05:17 AM   #180
Los Angeles
Steve Forte Rio

Drives: 08' 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian1480 View Post
consequently, my next vehicle is most likely to be an A5 2.0T, which can easily be modded for solid performance and HP, yet looks beautiful to my eyes.

I love the white on butter brown like Tiger Woods loves white women.
LOL!
Los Angeles is offline   No_Country