BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!

12-08-2009, 07:42 PM   #23
rzm3

Drives: E92 M3

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Xoible View Post
oh wow dude, that's a bit of a low blow. so if you personally had chipped paint on ur $750 set of wheels that makes it "well known issues"? why are you hijacking the thread? you're normally > that.
anyway good luck on your wheel issue.

in general, and this isnt specifically about you, but i find complaining about vendors online extremely annoying and immature.
This is quite sad and somewhat laughable.

1. That is not a chip. The paint bulged and peeled. That's why you can see such a large area of bare aluminum.

2. When I first received the rims the backside lips/wheel barrels already had scratched paint, and some places even corroded.

4. My front wheels also had a vibration problem (of course VMR attributed it to the tires, which I later mounted onto a set of OE 19s w/o any issues). At the time, I had two TireRack-approved shops Road-Force balanced them for me, and neither could fix the problem.

5. VMR offered to replace and balance the front tire set for me after hearing about my problem, so I shipped them my front pair. After two weeks without wheels on my car, they shipped me back the wrong offset (ET35 vs. ET20) front wheels. At this point I asked to return the wheels.

I do have to say that VMR offered to pay for all shipping charges during this the replacement and exchange. This I applaud them. However, why was I sent wheels with defective paint and balance issues in the first place? Who's going to pay for the money I spent on mounting and balancing the wheels (~$300) and the inconvenience when I was without a car for 2 weeks?

I am merely sharing my experience with the OP regarding VMR wheels, which he asked for. I don't think this is called "off topic".

Thank you.
Attached Images

12-08-2009, 07:48 PM   #24
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rldzhao View Post
I do have to say that VMR offered to pay for all shipping charges during this the replacement and exchange. This I applaud them. However, why was I sent wheels with defective paint and balance issues in the first place? Who's going to pay for the money I spent on mounting and balancing the wheels (~$300) and the inconvenience when I was without a car for 2 weeks?
I don't think any company would knowingly ship "defective" items, but thanks for clarifying that VMR did make a considerable attempt to make things right.

There are a lot of BMW owners using VMR wheels (including ourselves) with no problems at all.
      12-08-2009, 07:56 PM   #25
!Xoible
Banned

Drives: ....

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rldzhao View Post
This is quite sad and somewhat laughable.

1. That is not a chip. The paint bulged and peeled. That's why you can see such a large area of bare aluminum.

2. When I first received the rims the backside lips/wheel barrels already had scratched paint, and some places even corroded.

4. My front wheels also had a vibration problem (of course VMR attributed it to the tires, which I later mounted onto a set of OE 19s w/o any issues). At the time, I had two TireRack-approved shops Road-Force balanced them for me, and neither could fix the problem.

5. VMR offered to replace and balance the front tire set for me after hearing about my problem, so I shipped them my front pair. After two weeks without wheels on my car, they shipped me back the wrong offset (ET35 vs. ET20) front wheels. At this point I asked to return the wheels.

I am merely sharing my experience with the OP regarding VMR wheels, which he asked for. I don't think this is called "off topic".

Thank you.
it's a public forum, you can say what you want... i cant help but get really annoyed at the increasing frequency of people complaining about vendors left and right for a legit or not legit reasons. it's like im sitting in kindergarten again
!Xoible is offline   United_States
      12-08-2009, 07:58 PM   #26
!Xoible
Banned

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
I don't think any company would knowingly ship "defective" items, but thanks for clarifying that VMR did make a considerable attempt to make things right.

There are a lot of BMW owners using VMR wheels (including ourselves) with no problems at all.
which is exactly why i was wondering about the "well known" issues. i guess if he had issues with them then the issues are now "well known". in any case, nothing against u personally rldzhao, but you're the one with the thread about not over blowing things out of proportion. i thought you should be the first to follow your word
      12-08-2009, 08:00 PM   #27
rzm3

Drives: E92 M3

If you would take a few minutes to read the link below. This will also conclude my participation in this thread. Thank you

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ht=vmr+quality
      12-08-2009, 08:37 PM   #28
Ajax-Prime
Hydrocarbon Man

Drives: Still waiting on Stuttgart...

Quote:
it's a public forum, you can say what you want... i cant help but get really annoyed at the increasing frequency of people complaining about vendors left and right for a legit or not legit reasons. it's like im sitting in kindergarten again
Color me crazy, but I'd rather be hearing these complaints than not. I can make the determination whether I think they're legit.
Ajax-Prime is offline   United_States
      12-09-2009, 11:25 AM   #29
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer

Drives: 2006 Honda S2000 TT3

Send a message via AIM to King Tut
Quote:
and for the record, i've had factory powder coated matte black TE37's in the past that chipped like that. do i blame volk? no!
I know this is off topic, but do you have pics of this?
2009 BMW M3 Coupe: Sold e92.ridedomain.com
King Tut is offline   United_States
      12-09-2009, 11:27 AM   #30
!Xoible
Banned

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax-Prime View Post
Color me crazy, but I'd rather be hearing these complaints than not. I can make the determination whether I think they're legit.
i guess... i just hope people stop exaggerating at some point... forums quickly turn into battles and wars
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Tut View Post
from 6 years ago, i doubt it until i dig thru my photobucket... i remember posting on some forums tho
      12-10-2009, 12:20 AM   #31
warzilla
Lieutenant

Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subw00er View Post
Anyone else have this problem? Received 4 matte black VMR CSL's, in.... two shades of black. First thing I did was check the shipping boxes, yup, all say matte black.

I know, the one on the right looks glossy or even hyperblack, but I assure you it is matte. Looks almost like it was hit with a clearcoat after painting matte, or vmr just has major quality control issues.

They pissed me off because its obviously their fault and instead of stepping up and shipping replacements asap, I will have had to wait two weeks for them to actually ship replacements and have them arrive from CA - These are my snow rims and its snowing today, so for the second time this week, I am stranded at home. Hey VMR, :finger:

I guess you really DO get what you pay for. Lets just hope the ones that arrive aren't a third shade.
Hey Subw00er, I hope everything is worked out with the wheels and look forward to seeing some pix of your new winter set.
warzilla is offline   United_States
      12-10-2009, 12:43 AM   #32
M3_WC
Colonel

Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Tut View Post
Not Volk, but HRE. I have seen all wheels chip, even OEM.

For what its worth, I have not seen the new VMR V710 or V713 with chipping.
Attached Images

12-10-2009, 12:54 AM   #33
Subw00er
Bates '08 Interlagos Launch

Drives: 08e92M, 03e46M

Send a message via AIM to Subw00er
Quote:
Originally Posted by warzilla View Post
Hey Subw00er, I hope everything is worked out with the wheels and look forward to seeing some pix of your new winter set.
Hey, me too. I should have them on tomorrow, assuming there are no other issues, which with my luck, is distinctly possible.

ps - more snow today. [sarcasm] Had lots of fun having to call into work and staying home. Thanks again!
      12-10-2009, 06:15 PM   #34
Subw00er
Bates '08 Interlagos Launch

Drives: 08e92M, 03e46M

Send a message via AIM to Subw00er
Here are a couple pics. Havent driven on the PA3's yet.. Will get daytime pics if people are interested..

This is the 20 offset. The pic makes it look like its pushed outside the wheel well, but its still a bit in. I'd have preferred it to stay in where it is for winter (crap flung on side of car) but the price you pay for a non staggered setup.

12-10-2009, 06:36 PM   #35
Jaypod
Brigadier General

Drives: Frozen M3, AM V8V, 991 GT3

Glad to see you got everything sorted it out. They look great!
Jaypod is offline   No_Country
      12-10-2009, 09:56 PM   #36
ElBolo
Drink socially?

Drives: E92 M3 6MT

I had a set of VMR in Matte Black recently and never had issues, just be careful when cleaning/washing them, use the right brush/soap and towel to dry to avoid any scratch or damage... you should be fine.
ElBolo is offline   United_States