BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos
 
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-01-2009, 09:16 PM   #1
MontegoGoGoGo
I'm kind of a bitch
MontegoGoGoGo's Avatar
United_States
87
Rep
896
Posts

 
Drives: Montego/Cream E93
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: St. Louis & St. Petersburg

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 E93  [0.00]
Just Curious - Bently CFS vs ?????

What cars can beat a stock CFS. It has 552 WHP I think. It's a big boat though.

I'm talking "normal" cars. Not Bugatti Veyron/McLaren F1 million dollar type of cars.

Cars like:

BMW
Mercedes
Porsche
Aston Martin
Jaguar
Audi
Cadillac
Maserati

Can a CFS beat a Ferarri or a Lambo? Probably not, but just asking.

Thanks
__________________
E93: Montego/Cream <---- E46 (Coupe): JB/Black <---- E30 (Cabrio): Alpine White/Black
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2009, 09:29 PM   #2
marty_mcfly
Banned
28
Rep
1,211
Posts

 
Drives: ???
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cali

iTrader: (3)

552 crank hp and its an elephant. no it cant beat a lambo or ferrari (unless its an older model of course but thats common sense).... not even a porsche. the power it has is good enough for its size however. i think your question would be answered more easily if it was what cars CANNOT beat a flying spur
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2009, 09:38 PM   #3
Buegie
Captain
Buegie's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
694
Posts

 
Drives: 330xi
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: CT/DC

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty_mcfly View Post
552 crank hp and its an elephant. no it cant beat a lambo or ferrari (unless its an older model of course but thats common sense).... not even a porsche. the power it has is good enough for its size however. i think your question would be answered more easily if it was what cars CANNOT beat a flying spur
at first I thought CFS stood for some bentley supercar I hadn't heard about lol why do you think the CFS is so quick? It has a 0-60 of around 4.8, not blistering by any means. It has a good amount of power but at 5300 pounds, its way too heavy. There are countless cars that are quicker, although having driven a few, they are comfy as hell haha
__________________
Black Dakota | Aluminum | Sport | Premium | Cold | iDrive | CA
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2009, 12:11 AM   #4
MontegoGoGoGo
I'm kind of a bitch
MontegoGoGoGo's Avatar
United_States
87
Rep
896
Posts

 
Drives: Montego/Cream E93
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: St. Louis & St. Petersburg

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 E93  [0.00]
OK OK OK, I'm obviously not a car chick by any means.

So yes, I was wondering what normal cars I could beat. (Not that I'm going to race or anything....)

Where I live there is a lot of old money, and you rarely see a lambo or a ferarri or anything particularly flashy.

Mostly BMW, Lexus, Jag, Mercedes, Occasional Aston or Maserati.

So who CAN I beat? (Please refrain from saying cars like Toyota Corolla)

I thought the CFS was the fastest big, fat, honking sedan in the world. Before the new P-car came out.

Thanks
__________________
E93: Montego/Cream <---- E46 (Coupe): JB/Black <---- E30 (Cabrio): Alpine White/Black
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2009, 12:12 AM   #5
MontegoGoGoGo
I'm kind of a bitch
MontegoGoGoGo's Avatar
United_States
87
Rep
896
Posts

 
Drives: Montego/Cream E93
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: St. Louis & St. Petersburg

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 E93  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buegie View Post
at first I thought CFS stood for some bentley supercar I hadn't heard about lol why do you think the CFS is so quick? It has a 0-60 of around 4.8, not blistering by any means. It has a good amount of power but at 5300 pounds, its way too heavy. There are countless cars that are quicker, although having driven a few, they are comfy as hell haha
It's quick to me! The power of that car is addictive.
__________________
E93: Montego/Cream <---- E46 (Coupe): JB/Black <---- E30 (Cabrio): Alpine White/Black
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2009, 03:06 AM   #6
marty_mcfly
Banned
28
Rep
1,211
Posts

 
Drives: ???
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cali

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontegoGoGoGo View Post

I thought the CFS was the fastest big, fat, honking sedan in the world. Before the new P-car came out.
ouch.... may the lord have mercy on your soul
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2009, 05:28 AM   #7
Schumacher
Second Lieutenant
7
Rep
219
Posts

 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: A Box

iTrader: (0)

Put a JB3 on it.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2009, 05:29 AM   #8
OBI_agent
D to the X to the B!
OBI_agent's Avatar
United Arab Emirates
107
Rep
2,103
Posts

 
Drives: ABS,American bargain supercar
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Dubai

iTrader: (0)

You're a car chick because you know what a flying spur is. Most girls would be like "Is that a rolls royce?"

Anyway, Bentleys weigh alot. A chipped 335i could beat it
__________________
11 corvette C6
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2009, 09:56 AM   #9
Buegie
Captain
Buegie's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
694
Posts

 
Drives: 330xi
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: CT/DC

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontegoGoGoGo View Post
I thought the CFS was the fastest big, fat, honking sedan in the world. Before the new P-car came out.

Thanks
it probably was but that doesn't mean it will compete with any of the modern sports cars (M3, 911, c63 AMG, etc).

Like somebody said 99% of girls don't even know was a bentley is...I was walking by these two girls talking about a CFS and one said "I think it's a Chrysler"
__________________
Black Dakota | Aluminum | Sport | Premium | Cold | iDrive | CA
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2009, 10:05 AM   #10
cloakster
First Lieutenant
Canada
10
Rep
399
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 VW GLI
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario

iTrader: (0)

Its a luxury car that was not made with performance in mind, so don't expect to beat out most cars around.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2009, 10:34 AM   #11
Schumacher
Second Lieutenant
7
Rep
219
Posts

 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: A Box

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buegie View Post
it probably was but that doesn't mean it will compete with any of the modern sports cars (M3, 911, c63 AMG, etc).

Like somebody said 99% of girls don't even know was a bentley is...I was walking by these two girls talking about a CFS and one said "I think it's a Chrysler"
The 300C resembles it vaguely, you know.

IMO, The problem with the Continental was the underwhelming engine. Good enough for a VW but not so much a Bentley, even with 2 turbos.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2009, 02:52 AM   #12
marty_mcfly
Banned
28
Rep
1,211
Posts

 
Drives: ???
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cali

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloakster View Post
Its a luxury car that was not made with performance in mind, so don't expect to beat out most cars around.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2009, 03:33 PM   #13
MontegoGoGoGo
I'm kind of a bitch
MontegoGoGoGo's Avatar
United_States
87
Rep
896
Posts

 
Drives: Montego/Cream E93
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: St. Louis & St. Petersburg

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 E93  [0.00]
aw, phooey.
__________________
E93: Montego/Cream <---- E46 (Coupe): JB/Black <---- E30 (Cabrio): Alpine White/Black
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2009, 04:57 PM   #14
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Lieutenant
United_States
20
Rep
469
Posts

 
Drives: 1
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: 2

iTrader: (0)

A Bentley CFS can go 200 mph. That alone is impressive!
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2009, 05:04 PM   #15
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Lieutenant
United_States
20
Rep
469
Posts

 
Drives: 1
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: 2

iTrader: (0)

Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:38 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST