BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

European Auto Source

11-24-2009, 08:03 AM   #1
MrHarris
yodog

Drives: '86 Corolla

Garage List
2009 BMW  [5.00]
Send a message via AIM to MrHarris
RDSport sways

Anyone try these yet? Anyone know the pricing? Would these be heavier than our OEM bars?

http://www.racdyn.com/IC_01.cfm?ic=1968190110

2009 E92 M3 | Alpine White | Black Extended | Advan RS | Turner Test Pipes | Dinan Axle-Back | OETuning | Eibach Springs | UUC SSK | VRS Front Lip | VRS Type I Diffuser | Matte Black | RPi Scoops | MS Filter | Yokohama AD08 | F1 Pinnacle
Special Thanks: Gintani | OETuning | eAs
MrHarris is offline   United_States
      11-24-2009, 01:16 PM   #2
michaeldorian
Captain

Drives: Beater Nissan Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHarris View Post
Anyone try these yet? Anyone know the pricing? Would these be heavier than our OEM bars?

http://www.racdyn.com/IC_01.cfm?ic=1968190110
I was considering these sways along with the RDSport chassis kit. I was talking to FAB about them and they really know there stuff. He was saying how Italians and European tuners in general believe that the coil-over route is the wrong route for suspension tuning unless you have access to multiple spring rates etc. Springs are designed to work optimally at a set ride height.

He said they believe that with a fine tuned set of sways with matching custom valved dampers and springs you can have harmonious system that optimizes ride quality and performance without adding extra weight and complications to a system.

I've debating between going with these + the chassis kit or Motons.
      11-24-2009, 07:08 PM   #3
STALKER
Brigadier General

Drives: 2008 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeldorian View Post
I was considering these sways along with the RDSport chassis kit. I was talking to FAB about them and they really know there stuff. He was saying how Italians and European tuners in general believe that the coil-over route is the wrong route for suspension tuning unless you have access to multiple spring rates etc. Springs are designed to work optimally at a set ride height.

He said they believe that with a fine tuned set of sways with matching custom valved dampers and springs you can have harmonious system that optimizes ride quality and performance without adding extra weight and complications to a system.

I've debating between going with these + the chassis kit or Motons.
I considered the RD Chassis kit for a while too.
I never thought about the sways though, it might be a good idea. The GC sways on my e46 M3 made a very noticeable improvement.

2008 AW/FR E90 M3-SOLD
2013 991 C4S
      11-24-2009, 08:09 PM   #4
MrHarris
yodog

Drives: '86 Corolla

Garage List
2009 BMW  [5.00]
Send a message via AIM to MrHarris
Anyone know pricing or a place to buy these?

2009 E92 M3 | Alpine White | Black Extended | Advan RS | Turner Test Pipes | Dinan Axle-Back | OETuning | Eibach Springs | UUC SSK | VRS Front Lip | VRS Type I Diffuser | Matte Black | RPi Scoops | MS Filter | Yokohama AD08 | F1 Pinnacle
Special Thanks: Gintani | OETuning | eAs
MrHarris is offline   United_States
      11-24-2009, 08:12 PM   #5
STALKER
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHarris View Post
Anyone know pricing or a place to buy these?
RD directly.
RennSpec deals with RD too.

RD was having a special on the chassis kit last week, not sure when its over.

2008 AW/FR E90 M3-SOLD
2013 991 C4S
      11-25-2009, 02:26 AM   #6
michaeldorian
Captain

Drives: Beater Nissan Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by STALKER View Post
RD directly.
RennSpec deals with RD too.

RD was having a special on the chassis kit last week, not sure when its over.
What's your opinion on the chassis kit + sway setup versus Motons? For a 75 percent street car and 25 percent track car, do you think the RD Sport is better matched?

I feel the chassis kit is more inline with what BMW did with the CSL. Fine tune the suspension for a more aggressive setup, leave it at that and reduce the complexity and weight associated with running coil-overs. I think this philosophy is better matched for producing a road going car. Just seems more inline with OEM tuning then aftermarket. Thoughts?
      11-25-2009, 02:13 PM   #7
STALKER
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeldorian View Post
What's your opinion on the chassis kit + sway setup versus Motons? For a 75 percent street car and 25 percent track car, do you think the RD Sport is better matched?

I feel the chassis kit is more inline with what BMW did with the CSL. Fine tune the suspension for a more aggressive setup, leave it at that and reduce the complexity and weight associated with running coil-overs. I think this philosophy is better matched for producing a road going car. Just seems more inline with OEM tuning then aftermarket. Thoughts?
The Moton shock is superior, there is not doubt about that and can really give you the best of both worlds.
But if you don't want adjustibility, the RD kit might be the way to go. My buddy is actually looking at the RD kit plus sways and the guys over at Rennspec are doing some research on it for him. He is leaning towards this kit because he will track his car only 1 or 2 times a year, its his daily driver and he does not want the adjustability.

2008 AW/FR E90 M3-SOLD
2013 991 C4S