BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-18-2009, 07:30 AM   #1
prodigue
New Member
0
Rep
20
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Singapore

iTrader: (0)

A must to stick to PS2 tyres?

Hi guys. I'm just wondering whether is it advisable to stay with BMW-specific Michelin PS2 tyres on the M3? Same applies with Porsche and their N0 and N1 spec tyres.

I'm thinking of trying out other models (RE-11, Advan AD08) on the M3 but apprehensive to do so as the PS2 were designed in conjunction with BMW specifications.

Any advice?
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2009, 07:36 AM   #2
Green///Hell
Colonel
Green///Hell's Avatar
United_States
37
Rep
2,675
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3 6MT AW
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sydney/Chicago

iTrader: (5)

Yeah if you want to spend more money for mediocre performance, but if not change it up.

I don't really like PS2 tires that much and go with Rcomp for track days
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2009, 07:37 AM   #3
Lemans_Blue_M
Automotive Industry Insider
Lemans_Blue_M's Avatar
United_States
19
Rep
1,948
Posts

 
Drives: Lemans Blue M3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodigue View Post
Hi guys. I'm just wondering whether is it advisable to stay with BMW-specific Michelin PS2 tyres on the M3? Same applies with Porsche and their N0 and N1 spec tyres.

I'm thinking of trying out other models (RE-11, Advan AD08) on the M3 but apprehensive to do so as the PS2 were designed in conjunction with BMW specifications.

Any advice?
Sorry, but you will void your warranty if you change out the PS2 tires in Singapore.
__________________
The best is yet to come...
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2009, 10:40 AM   #4
montreal red
chris
montreal red's Avatar
Canada
146
Rep
12,127
Posts

 
Drives: White Boat
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (31)

Send a message via MSN to montreal red
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemans_Blue_M View Post
Sorry, but you will void your warranty if you change out the PS2 tires in Singapore.
__________________

Current: 2013 F10 M5 & 2013 GLK350
997.1 GT3RS (gone)
2009 WRX STI (gone)
e92 M3 (gone)
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2009, 11:28 AM   #5
Lemans_Blue_M
Automotive Industry Insider
Lemans_Blue_M's Avatar
United_States
19
Rep
1,948
Posts

 
Drives: Lemans Blue M3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal red View Post
I couldn't resist...

Gotta love the n00bs.
__________________
The best is yet to come...
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2009, 06:05 PM   #6
noxredna
Captain
noxredna's Avatar
17
Rep
670
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 BMW M3 Coupe, 2012 BMW M5
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Philadelphia & Singapore

iTrader: (0)

Lol don't make fun dude - you never know what the Singapore dealers are up to - they are full of shit.

I hate the after service of Performance Motor in Singapore, even after you pay SGD$350,000 = USD$245,000
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2009, 04:00 PM   #7
monsta
Brigadier General
monsta's Avatar
United_States
59
Rep
3,591
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bergen County, NJ/Y.O, NY

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by noxredna View Post
Lol don't make fun dude - you never know what the Singapore dealers are up to - they are full of shit.

I hate the after service of Performance Motor in Singapore, even after you pay SGD$350,000 = USD$245,000
GOODLORD!!!!
__________________

'08 E92 M3 6MT | IB | FR | RAC RG63's | VRS Ti Exhaust | Fabspeed HFC & Xpipe
'09 X5 35d SG/SB
'11 X3 28i AW/CN/FW (wife's car
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:59 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST