BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (ALMS, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)
 
GT Haus
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-19-2009, 03:08 PM   #23
mav
Private
mav's Avatar
United_States
2
Rep
63
Posts

 
Drives: M Coupe, A4
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles, Miami

iTrader: (0)

Either Button just committed career suicide or just hit the masterstroke that will define his career. My guess is the former as Hamilton will run circles around him. He might be the first WDC in history to be relegated to the second driver role the very next season. And if the latest rumors are true that Button turned away from a $12M contract to take McLaren's $6M per year deal, then the entire thing just doesn't make sense.
__________________
2007 BMW Z4 M Coupé E86
2010 Audi A4 Saloon B8
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2009, 03:24 PM   #24
Spec Volcanic
Private First Class
Spec Volcanic's Avatar
Canada
3
Rep
165
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 BMW 1M
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Calgary Alberta

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav View Post
Either Button just committed career suicide or just hit the masterstroke that will define his career. My guess is the former as Hamilton will run circles around him. He might be the first WDC in history to be relegated to the second driver role the very next season. And if the latest rumors are true that Button turned away from a $12M contract to take McLaren's $6M per year deal, then the entire thing just doesn't make sense.

He be at the very least the Second "WDC in history to be relegated to the second driver role the very next season" as Mclearen did that to Alonso just three years ago.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2009, 08:23 PM   #25
Ramos
Colonel
Ramos's Avatar
53
Rep
2,126
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 M235
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: So-Cal

iTrader: (6)

You mean Alonso did that to himself by letting the young rookie outdrive him... and then getting all pissed off and crying about it
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2009, 10:04 PM   #26
MontegoblueE92
Captain
MontegoblueE92's Avatar
20
Rep
958
Posts

 
Drives: It Like He Stole It
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: M-Town

iTrader: (0)

He was pissed off becaus Hamilton was having the car be built around him. He felt that as a two-time WDC, he should have precedence.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2009, 10:45 PM   #27
KANdaddy
Lieutenant Colonel
KANdaddy's Avatar
44
Rep
1,709
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 Estoril 328i M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cali

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontegoblueE92 View Post
He was pissed off becaus Hamilton was having the car be built around him. He felt that as a two-time WDC, he should have precedence.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2009, 04:19 AM   #28
vention
Registered
0
Rep
1
Posts

 
Drives: organism
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Blue Street

iTrader: (0)

He deserves it more than Trulli. Glock will definitely have something next season too.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2009, 12:25 PM   #29
Ramos
Colonel
Ramos's Avatar
53
Rep
2,126
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 M235
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: So-Cal

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANdaddy View Post
This is no stupid everytime I hear this.. F1 cars are not built around drivers, they are built based on wind tunnel specs, then each driver within his own team of mechanics get to set up the car the way he wants for each weekend... What the heck does building a car around one driver mean????
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2009, 02:28 PM   #30
G-Mach1
Captain
G-Mach1's Avatar
Canada
12
Rep
757
Posts

 
Drives: F34 - 2014 335 xi
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Calgary-AB

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramos View Post
This is no stupid everytime I hear this.. F1 cars are not built around drivers, they are built based on wind tunnel specs, then each driver within his own team of mechanics get to set up the car the way he wants for each weekend... What the heck does building a car around one driver mean????
It means they build the car according to one particular driving style. It has nothing to do with Aerodynamics. When there are compromise to be made (Tire wear for eaxpample) teams will lean towards their primary driver.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2009, 05:06 PM   #31
MontegoblueE92
Captain
MontegoblueE92's Avatar
20
Rep
958
Posts

 
Drives: It Like He Stole It
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: M-Town

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramos View Post
This is no stupid everytime I hear this.. F1 cars are not built around drivers, they are built based on wind tunnel specs, then each driver within his own team of mechanics get to set up the car the way he wants for each weekend... What the heck does building a car around one driver mean????
Umm...yes they are. Based on the way a car is built, it can be twitchy/stable or understeer/oversteer. The engineers will build it so it suits their number 1. The number 2 driver can set his car up to counteract this as best as possible, using camber or other adjustments. The number 1 has to do minimal set up.

In the end, if a number 1 likes oversteer and the number 2 likes understeer, the car will be built with a loose rear end. The number 2 can adjust whatever he wants, but in the end, he'll be driving an oversteering car set up to understeer. It's not the same as a car built to understeer.

Make sense?
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:59 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST