BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada
 
OneEighty
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-09-2009, 08:47 AM   #1
Gearhead999s
Major General
92

 
Gearhead999s's Avatar
 
Drives: F25 2.8d(wifes)F82 M4
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto


Posts: 6,803
iTrader: (0)

2 Great Videos to motivate you on a Monday AM.

Ferrari 458
[u2b]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1MPKFNfmpMo&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1MPKFNfmpMo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/u2b]

[u2b]object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PA9QHS0fL6c&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PA9QHS0fL6c&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/u2b]
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2009, 10:20 AM   #2
Jaypod
Brigadier General
No_Country
64

 
Jaypod's Avatar
 
Drives: Frozen M3, AM V8V, 991 GT3
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto


Posts: 4,951
iTrader: (7)

Sick car! Love the steering wheel
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2009, 10:32 AM   #3
SlammedR8
Brigadier General
Canada
115

 
SlammedR8's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Audi R8 V10 +2013 Audi S4
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Toronto


Posts: 4,937
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via MSN to SlammedR8
wow
that is nuts!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2009, 10:45 AM   #4
STALKER
Brigadier General
50

 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto, ON


Posts: 3,654
iTrader: (5)

Great vids.
__________________

2008 AW/FR E90 M3-SOLD
2013 991 C4S-SOLD
2010 GT3
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2009, 12:22 PM   #5
kmac1980
Major
16

 
Drives: '11 535xi, (former '08 M3)
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: toronto


Posts: 1,025
iTrader: (1)

wow, seems like this "entry ferrari" isn't too far off from Enzo level performance!
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2009, 12:58 PM   #6
M3 vert
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
22

 
M3 vert's Avatar
 
Drives: E93 M3, '12 750ix, 760Li Ind.
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Everywhere...


Posts: 1,793
iTrader: (0)

That is sex on wheels

Great car
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2009, 03:11 PM   #7
AMOCHOSTO
Major
Canada
16

 
AMOCHOSTO's Avatar
 
Drives: IB BB E90 M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Toronto.


Posts: 1,007
iTrader: (0)

Duly motivated!
__________________
E90 Interlagos Blue, (Winter Beater) Bamboo Beige, M-Drive, EDC, PDC, USB 6MT.
Mods to date; Curb rash, Scraped front spoiler, Installed RAC Monolite RG63 Silver
1984 Porsche 911 Carrera Coupe (ROW)

Appreciate 0
      11-09-2009, 03:18 PM   #8
Crazy Bimmer
The Jesal
United_States
143

 
Crazy Bimmer's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Chicago IL


Posts: 5,830
iTrader: (19)

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to Crazy Bimmer
Yep, I need some alone time now.
__________________
2009 E90 M3 - SOLD
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2009, 05:20 PM   #9
Jaypod
Brigadier General
No_Country
64

 
Jaypod's Avatar
 
Drives: Frozen M3, AM V8V, 991 GT3
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto


Posts: 4,951
iTrader: (7)

Youtube link is down.

Try these:

Road:

http://www.evo.co.uk/videos/planetev..._458_road.html

Track:

http://www.evo.co.uk/videos/planetev...458_track.html
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2009, 05:22 PM   #10
Gearhead999s
Major General
92

 
Gearhead999s's Avatar
 
Drives: F25 2.8d(wifes)F82 M4
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto


Posts: 6,803
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post

Or this link

http://www.egmcartech.com/2009/11/07...ia-for-a-spin/
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2009, 05:39 PM   #11
revmmm
Captain
Canada
17

 
revmmm's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E93 M3 Cab SSII
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Toronto


Posts: 835
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2007 X5 4.8i  [0.00]
2008 M3 E93  [0.00]
Great video. I recognize some of the corners from the track when I was in Maranello this summer! Too bad they weren't testing the 458 when I was there.
Attached Images
  
__________________


2008 E93 M3 - SSII, 6MT, 19", EDC,...
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2009, 06:52 PM   #12
Jaypod
Brigadier General
No_Country
64

 
Jaypod's Avatar
 
Drives: Frozen M3, AM V8V, 991 GT3
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto


Posts: 4,951
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by revmmm View Post
Great video. I recognize some of the corners from the track when I was in Maranello this summer! Too bad they weren't testing the 458 when I was there.
Those pics make me want to go back to Italy. Last time I was in marenello there was a 360 modena and an e46 M3 (both track prepared) running laps there!
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2009, 07:20 PM   #13
M3 vert
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
22

 
M3 vert's Avatar
 
Drives: E93 M3, '12 750ix, 760Li Ind.
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Everywhere...


Posts: 1,793
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
Those pics make me want to go back to Italy. Last time I was in marenello there was a 360 modena and an e46 M3 (both track prepared) running laps there!
That must have been quite a sight Jay!

How was golf yesterday
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2009, 07:51 PM   #14
Jaypod
Brigadier General
No_Country
64

 
Jaypod's Avatar
 
Drives: Frozen M3, AM V8V, 991 GT3
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto


Posts: 4,951
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 vert View Post
That must have been quite a sight Jay!

How was golf yesterday
Golf was good - played both sat and sun!

Weather was amazing! How was the track?
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2009, 05:30 PM   #15
M3 vert
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
22

 
M3 vert's Avatar
 
Drives: E93 M3, '12 750ix, 760Li Ind.
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Everywhere...


Posts: 1,793
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
Golf was good - played both sat and sun!

Weather was amazing! How was the track?
Good stuff,

the track was very slippery!
There were some hot rods that went in the first run and there was so much oil used for those idiots that the rest of us barely got any traction off the line

broken_arrow and myself were both disappointed with the results we were both running a second slower then what we are supposed to run!

I was getting 14s in my car (should be getting 13s)
and he was getting 13s in his cls63. (should be getting high 12s)

However, the drive was amazing went there topless and came back like that too, very scenic with a few curves
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2009, 01:14 AM   #16
veightkiller
Brigadier General
Canada
45

 
veightkiller's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 335i
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Vancouver,B.C


Posts: 4,154
iTrader: (3)

Meeh im too late..
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2009, 06:36 AM   #17
revmmm
Captain
Canada
17

 
revmmm's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E93 M3 Cab SSII
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Toronto


Posts: 835
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2007 X5 4.8i  [0.00]
2008 M3 E93  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 vert View Post
Good stuff,

the track was very slippery!
There were some hot rods that went in the first run and there was so much oil used for those idiots that the rest of us barely got any traction off the line

broken_arrow and myself were both disappointed with the results we were both running a second slower then what we are supposed to run!

I was getting 14s in my car (should be getting 13s)
and he was getting 13s in his cls63. (should be getting high 12s)

However, the drive was amazing went there topless and came back like that too, very scenic with a few curves
S - sorry I didn't make it out to Cayuga for a few runs with you but it sounds like I really would have had some traction issues also as my rears are quite low now (I got 2 seasons from them so I will be looking to replace them when I get the winters on).

Went to the Leafs game Sat night and went out afterwards so I was not at my best Sunday am. I did manage to wash the car on Sunday and make use of the great day by taking the kids for a few runs up and down the escarpment in the afternoon. One of the nicest November weekends I can remember in awhile.
Attached Images
  
__________________


2008 E93 M3 - SSII, 6MT, 19", EDC,...
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2009, 01:12 PM   #18
M3 vert
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
22

 
M3 vert's Avatar
 
Drives: E93 M3, '12 750ix, 760Li Ind.
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Everywhere...


Posts: 1,793
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by revmmm View Post
S - sorry I didn't make it out to Cayuga for a few runs with you but it sounds like I really would have had some traction issues also as my rears are quite low now (I got 2 seasons from them so I will be looking to replace them when I get the winters on).

Went to the Leafs game Sat night and went out afterwards so I was not at my best Sunday am. I did manage to wash the car on Sunday and make use of the great day by taking the kids for a few runs up and down the escarpment in the afternoon. One of the nicest November weekends I can remember in awhile.
Wow, they seem to really enjoy themselves back there

Well no worries you had a nice family day on sunday after your partying the night before , my rears are also in pretty similar condition to yours, so hence traction issues!

What kind of numbers did you get last time at cayuga?
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2009, 06:17 PM   #19
revmmm
Captain
Canada
17

 
revmmm's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E93 M3 Cab SSII
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Toronto


Posts: 835
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2007 X5 4.8i  [0.00]
2008 M3 E93  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 vert View Post
What kind of numbers did you get last time at cayuga?
14.3's (I think 4 of them) Lots of traction issues moving from 2nd to 3rd.
__________________


2008 E93 M3 - SSII, 6MT, 19", EDC,...
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2009, 06:34 PM   #20
M3 vert
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
22

 
M3 vert's Avatar
 
Drives: E93 M3, '12 750ix, 760Li Ind.
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Everywhere...


Posts: 1,793
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by revmmm View Post
14.3's (I think 4 of them) Lots of traction issues moving from 2nd to 3rd.
I had issues from 1st to 2nd, wheel spin till the end of 2nd, maybe next time i will ease on the throttle, was using MDM, god-forbid I can only imagine what would happen with traction control off
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:37 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST