BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > DIY Guides/ Discussions
 
GTB Performance
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-19-2012, 11:23 AM   #45
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
tom @ eas's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA

Posts: 10,218
iTrader: (13)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by C2VNY View Post
If I wanted to fit a recaro pp on my uk rhd e92 m3, would I just need a right side kit( slider,mount, seat belt clip holder and the seat itself)?

Thanks
Correct since your M3 is RHD.
__________________
tom @ eas is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-19-2012, 02:05 PM   #46
C2VNY
Monster unit
 
C2VNY's Avatar
 
Drives: Monster spec tme sold
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Scotland

Posts: 248
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
Correct since your M3 is RHD.

Can you give me a price of everything I need except the actual seat also can I fit xl or normal width recaros on this set up?

Shipping is to the uk

Thank you.
__________________
Monster Unit

Pagid rs19- gc sleeves - apex arc-8 - PBMW spoiler and spats
C2VNY is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-19-2012, 03:02 PM   #47
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
tom @ eas's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA

Posts: 10,218
iTrader: (13)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by C2VNY View Post
Can you give me a price of everything I need except the actual seat also can I fit xl or normal width recaros on this set up?

Shipping is to the uk

Thank you.
We recently installed a Profi XL here last week, everything works fine.

PM coming shortly.
__________________
tom @ eas is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-04-2013, 10:01 AM   #48
RKR
Private
 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Aberdeen.

Posts: 95
iTrader: (0)

Sorry for bringing this thread back from the dead but I was wondering why the OC3 Seat Occupancy Sensor Emulation Module will not work with EU cars.

I have a pair of Recaro Pole Positions waiting to be fitted to the car but first I'm trying to find a way to stop the airbag lights from coming on. I've tried to find someone local with Auto-Logic software in order to code out the lights but I'm failing miserably!

Thanks in advance
Ry.
RKR is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      02-04-2013, 12:31 PM   #49
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
tom @ eas's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA

Posts: 10,218
iTrader: (13)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKR View Post
Sorry for bringing this thread back from the dead but I was wondering why the OC3 Seat Occupancy Sensor Emulation Module will not work with EU cars.

I have a pair of Recaro Pole Positions waiting to be fitted to the car but first I'm trying to find a way to stop the airbag lights from coming on. I've tried to find someone local with Auto-Logic software in order to code out the lights but I'm failing miserably!

Thanks in advance
Ry.
There is a difference in the monitoring between EU and US occupancy mats, the module is not applicable on EU models.
__________________
tom @ eas is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-05-2013, 04:25 AM   #50
RKR
Private
 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Aberdeen.

Posts: 95
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
There is a difference in the monitoring between EU and US occupancy mats, the module is not applicable on EU models.
Thanks for the heads up man. Appreciate it
RKR is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      04-12-2013, 08:44 AM   #51
ysv
Private
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Moscow

Posts: 64
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via ICQ to ysv
Did the installation of Profi-SPG XL, driver side, did as in the DIY guide.
Turned ignition off, and only after that started. After turned the ignition on - srs fault code appeared( My question is why? Could it be because of not mounting seat belt receptacle to its proper position? Just threw it at the back, but connected as needed.
Iam running 08 eu model.

What is my problem?
__________________
ysv is offline   Russian Federation
0
Reply With Quote
      05-03-2014, 01:01 PM   #52
rAdzM
Smashed!
 
Drives: 2009 E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Socal

Posts: 1,160
iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [5.00]
2006 BMW M5  [4.50]


any updated DIY? the seatbelt receptacle from this YouTube video is now different from the ones you guys currently sell


Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony @ eas View Post
Gentlemen,

This video will go over the steps on how to install a Recaro Pole Position seat in a MY08 M3 Coupe:



Models Supported:
Recaro Pole Position: Universal Application
Macht Schnell Mounting Hardware: 2006+ 3-series, including M3 (excluding convertible models)


Products Used in this Installation:
QTY: 2 RECARO - Pole Position Seat - Black Leather
QTY: 2 RECARO - Slider Track Kit, inside bar with tabs
QTY: 2 RECARO - Steel Shell Adapter/Side Mount for Pole Position
QTY: 2 Macht Schnell - e8x/e9x Competition Liteweight Floor Mounts for Racing Seats - Black Anodized
QTY: 1 Macht Schnell - e8x/e9x Seat Belt Receptacle for Competition Liteweight Floor Mounts (Left Side)
QTY: 1 Macht Schnell - e8x/e9x Seat Belt Receptacle for Competition Liteweight Floor Mounts (Right Side)


The video is available in HD if viewed at YouTube.

Enjoy!
__________________
est. 2008

BBS / Brembo / KW / Recaro / VARIS / Vorsteiner / BMW Performance / Oneighty / Dinan
rAdzM is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-05-2014, 11:28 AM   #53
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
tom @ eas's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA

Posts: 10,218
iTrader: (13)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rAdzM View Post


any updated DIY? the seatbelt receptacle from this YouTube video is now different from the ones you guys currently sell
The only difference is that the new brackets will simply sandwich in between the side bracket and slider, rather than bolt onto the floormount.

All other steps at still the same.
__________________
tom @ eas is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-05-2014, 02:36 PM   #54
rAdzM
Smashed!
 
Drives: 2009 E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Socal

Posts: 1,160
iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [5.00]
2006 BMW M5  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
The only difference is that the new brackets will simply sandwich in between the side bracket and slider, rather than bolt onto the floormount.

All other steps at still the same.
thanks Tom, I was able to figure it out.

How about that Yellow Connector, on your video the seat had only the Yellow connector for the airbags I think, mine has also has small white connecting pin attached to it.
__________________
est. 2008

BBS / Brembo / KW / Recaro / VARIS / Vorsteiner / BMW Performance / Oneighty / Dinan
rAdzM is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-05-2014, 02:58 PM   #55
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
tom @ eas's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA

Posts: 10,218
iTrader: (13)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rAdzM View Post
thanks Tom, I was able to figure it out.

How about that Yellow Connector, on your video the seat had only the Yellow connector for the airbags I think, mine has also has small white connecting pin attached to it.
Small 2PIN white connector is for active headrests, it will need to be coded out to prevent errors.
__________________
tom @ eas is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-05-2014, 08:55 PM   #56
rAdzM
Smashed!
 
Drives: 2009 E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Socal

Posts: 1,160
iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [5.00]
2006 BMW M5  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
Small 2PIN white connector is for active headrests, it will need to be coded out to prevent errors.
thank you very much Tom! You guys are on top of it!
__________________
est. 2008

BBS / Brembo / KW / Recaro / VARIS / Vorsteiner / BMW Performance / Oneighty / Dinan
rAdzM is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-06-2014, 11:07 AM   #57
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
tom @ eas's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA

Posts: 10,218
iTrader: (13)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rAdzM View Post
thank you very much Tom! You guys are on top of it!
No problem. Since you're local, I can code out the errors for you when completed with your install.
__________________
tom @ eas is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-08-2014, 11:27 AM   #58
Markao66
Second Lieutenant
 
Markao66's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: South Florida

Posts: 224
iTrader: (0)

I love those seats, but i am in 6''7 290lbs , pretty big dude, i just dont see myself fitting in those pole polisitions. would you guys recommend anything that would i could feel confortable in it?
Markao66 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-13-2014, 04:00 PM   #59
rAdzM
Smashed!
 
Drives: 2009 E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Socal

Posts: 1,160
iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [5.00]
2006 BMW M5  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
No problem. Since you're local, I can code out the errors for you when completed with your install.
Is it possible to have the coding done even before the seats are installed?
__________________
est. 2008

BBS / Brembo / KW / Recaro / VARIS / Vorsteiner / BMW Performance / Oneighty / Dinan
rAdzM is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-13-2014, 04:04 PM   #60
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
tom @ eas's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA

Posts: 10,218
iTrader: (13)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rAdzM View Post
Is it possible to have the coding done even before the seats are installed?
Yes, but you'll have to unplug the seats after the coding is performed to prevent the SRS light.
__________________
tom @ eas is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-18-2014, 04:27 PM   #61
dumpm3
Private
 
Drives: 2008 BMW E90 M3
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Bay Area

Posts: 55
iTrader: (1)

Tom. would this process work the same for E90 M3?
dumpm3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-18-2014, 06:09 PM   #62
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
tom @ eas's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA

Posts: 10,218
iTrader: (13)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumpm3 View Post
Tom. would this process work the same for E90 M3?
Same process, the bracket on the outer edge is slightly different since the seatbelts bolt directly to the seat, rather than to the chassis.
__________________
tom @ eas is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:42 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST