BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-21-2009, 05:25 PM   #1
dak125
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2010 135i
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Chicago

Posts: 123
iTrader: (1)

Thumbs up $51k for a 2009 E93 on cars.com?

It seems like a very good deal. I'm not one for convertibles but I thought this would be of use to someone:

E93
dak125 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-21-2009, 07:48 PM   #2
dvn
Lieutenant
 
dvn's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 BMW M3 Coupe
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Seattle, WA

Posts: 410
iTrader: (4)

That sounds too good to be true.
__________________
2010 M3 | White/Black/Carbon | iForged | Nitto | Eibach | Encore Innovation | Vorsteiner | Revinora
dvn is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-21-2009, 08:07 PM   #3
dak125
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2010 135i
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Chicago

Posts: 123
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvn View Post
That sounds too good to be true.
Check out their other inventory, they have some amazing cars (Carrera GT for instance).

Inventory
dak125 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-22-2009, 06:26 PM   #4
GoonerM3
New Member
 
Drives: 2000 Nissan Altima
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Montreal

Posts: 23
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak125 View Post
Check out their other inventory, they have some amazing cars (Carrera GT for instance).

Inventory
Thats quite the list of cars
GoonerM3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-22-2009, 06:43 PM   #5
foosh
Major
 
foosh's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 M3 E93
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Annapolis, MD

Posts: 1,314
iTrader: (0)

Yes, I'd be a little concerned about that. It could have sustained some damage unreported to Carfax, which is common. It could also have been a buy-back under a lemon law.
__________________
foosh is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-22-2009, 07:20 PM   #6
Cabinetman
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2012 IS-F
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Keller, TX

Posts: 432
iTrader: (0)

They also have an '09 GT-R for $52,500 with less than 4k miles. That seems like a steal compared to what they list for around my neck of the woods.
Cabinetman is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-22-2009, 07:20 PM   #7
tooshay
First Lieutenant
 
tooshay's Avatar
 
Drives: e92
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: So Cal

Posts: 333
iTrader: (5)

Send a message via AIM to tooshay
wow, that's a steal. might be too good to be true though.
__________________
e92 with some ///M3 stuff
tooshay is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-22-2009, 07:35 PM   #8
503Alex
Captain
 
503Alex's Avatar
 
Drives: S30
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: OR

Posts: 610
iTrader: (0)

Most of those prices look too good to be true IMO.
503Alex is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-22-2009, 07:39 PM   #9
Ca$hOnly
Major
 
Ca$hOnly's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In ur fridge, eatin ur foodz

Posts: 1,078
iTrader: (5)

That's an absolute steal, but definitely seems to good to be true. If this was an '08 then maybe, but 51k for an '09. Hmmmmm???
__________________
Ca$hOnly is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-22-2009, 07:43 PM   #10
foosh
Major
 
foosh's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 M3 E93
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Annapolis, MD

Posts: 1,314
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ca$hOnly View Post
That's an absolute steal, but definitely seems to good to be true. If this was an '08 then maybe, but 51k for an '09. Hmmmmm???
The NADA and KBB trade-in, private party, and retail values are all considerably above $51K even for an 08 E93 M3. I realize that sometimes those books are sometimes a bit off, but not by that much.
__________________
foosh is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-22-2009, 07:47 PM   #11
dak125
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2010 135i
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Chicago

Posts: 123
iTrader: (1)

I tried finding a website for the company without a whole lot of success. It appears as though they have a physical location, perhaps it would be worth checking out if you're a local?
dak125 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-22-2009, 08:36 PM   #12
Ca$hOnly
Major
 
Ca$hOnly's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In ur fridge, eatin ur foodz

Posts: 1,078
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by foosh View Post
The NADA and KBB trade-in, private party, and retail values are all considerably above $51K even for an 08 E93 M3. I realize that sometimes those books are sometimes a bit off, but not by that much.
When I bought my E92 in March of 09, they offered me a brand new 2008 E93 for $60k. They had 3 on the lot. All with stickers of $75k+.

$51k for a used '08 E93 doesn't seem completely unreasonable taking this offer into consideration. Still almost too good to be true, but certainly more possible than an '09.
__________________
Ca$hOnly is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-22-2009, 09:10 PM   #13
foosh
Major
 
foosh's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 M3 E93
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Annapolis, MD

Posts: 1,314
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ca$hOnly View Post
When I bought my E92 in March of 09, they offered me a brand new 2008 E93 for $60k. They had 3 on the lot. All with stickers of $75k+.

$51k for a used '08 E93 doesn't seem completely unreasonable taking this offer into consideration. Still almost too good to be true, but certainly more possible than an '09.
Yes, I know. I bought a brand-new, non-punched, 08 E93 in March 09 for $61K with all options. What I said above about KBB and NADA for 08s is still true, and you can look it up for yourself. For an 09, it is absurd.

You have to ask yourself why a retail dealer would begin with a retail asking price of $51K, when all the books say much higher, even for trade-in value with higher mileage than the car in question. We're not talking out-the-door, without negotiation price, we're talking about advertised price.

It smells of scam.
__________________
foosh is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-22-2009, 09:25 PM   #14
ase2dais
//Mdicted
 
ase2dais's Avatar
 
Drives: a Cop Magnet
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: 495 Ring

Posts: 9,874
iTrader: (17)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by foosh View Post
Yes, I'd be a little concerned about that. It could have sustained some damage unreported to Carfax, which is common. It could also have been a buy-back under a lemon law.
very well true.. I had an 08 with 6MT June 08, 3 mos into ownership its was bought back and was listed at 55k Oct 08, when a comparable pre-owned 08 m3 was going for about 5k more.

Theres a reasons things looks too good to be true, tried to all the 800 no on the ad but the phone answering system was weird and the photo backdrop doesnt look like a dealership. Google the ad dealership didnt come up with a good hit.

If anyone can validate this sale as legit pls post it
ase2dais is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-22-2009, 10:15 PM   #15
Ca$hOnly
Major
 
Ca$hOnly's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In ur fridge, eatin ur foodz

Posts: 1,078
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by foosh View Post
Yes, I know. I bought a brand-new, non-punched, 08 E93 in March 09 for $61K with all options. What I said above about KBB and NADA for 08s is still true, and you can look it up for yourself. For an 09, it is absurd.

You have to ask yourself why a retail dealer would begin with a retail asking price of $51K, when all the books say much higher, even for trade-in value with higher mileage than the car in question. We're not talking out-the-door, without negotiation price, we're talking about advertised price.

It smells of scam.
You make it sound like I'm trying to convince you this offer is legitimate. Obviously it is a scam.
__________________
Ca$hOnly is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-22-2009, 10:18 PM   #16
foosh
Major
 
foosh's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 M3 E93
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Annapolis, MD

Posts: 1,314
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ca$hOnly View Post
When I bought my E92 in March of 09, they offered me a brand new 2008 E93 for $60k. They had 3 on the lot. All with stickers of $75k+.

$51k for a used '08 E93 doesn't seem completely unreasonable taking this offer into consideration. Still almost too good to be true, but certainly more possible than an '09.
Yeah, I guess I misunderstood the above.
__________________
foosh is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-23-2009, 09:32 AM   #17
m3pyun
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: MD

Posts: 314
iTrader: (7)

A few things I noticed:

1. The cars seem to have their pictures taken from different place which is kinda odd
2. of all the cars that have license plate brackets or areas in the body for a license plate, they are all euro plate sized.
m3pyun is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-23-2009, 05:58 PM   #18
Optherion
Lieutenant
 
Optherion's Avatar
 
Drives: Prancing Horse
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: SoCal & Vegas

Posts: 471
iTrader: (0)

That Gt-R is currently being talked about on NAGTROC. Its very suspicious because its a model GT-R that was never sold in the states, but is left hand drive. Either was imported or who knows. But Im not the only one that finds them fishy.
__________________
Current Stable: Some Audi with a V10, Couple of BMW's, one F Car, and one P car. One lonely GT-R with all the Euros.
Optherion is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:04 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST