BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

INDustry distribution

04-28-2014, 06:54 PM   #1
bryan292009
Private First Class

Drives: 2011 E90 M3 W/ ZCP, ZPP, ZCW

First I would like to thank the guys over at iND for great customer service and quality work. Andrew and Jesel were great. Andrew worked with me over many emails and calls getting everything ready. So over Easter weekend I had iND install TMS solid sub frame bushings, Delrin diff bushings, KW sleeve kit (I wanted to keep my EDC), Dinan camber plates, Dinan rear shock mounts, H&R sway bars and a slew of other cosmetic upgrades as well. So there is definitely more cabin noise associated with the Delrin diff bushings but it is not to bad. I drove back from iND (4 hr drive) with the radio off to compare the noise level. There is diff wine as speed and rpms increase but it tappers off around 80mph. It is my DD and I have actually grown to like it. It is not to intrusive. The car feels much more planted and the rear end feels much better. The car is more flat in the curves due to the stiffer springs. It feels like it should have come from the factory. I will keep everyone updated as I continue to evaluate the upgrade.
E90 M3 W/ UUC SSK, EVO Sport Underdrive Pully, Turner Motorsport Test Pipes, UUC Cat-back exhaust, Matte Black Gills & Grills, Hamann pedals, Floor Mats, E-Brake Handle, Shift Knob, and Roundels F/R, Mucicar NW stage 1 with JBL MS-8
bryan292009 is offline   United_States
      04-28-2014, 07:18 PM   #2
ibmike
What the Hell ?

Drives: 2011 M3 e92 DCT

Dam you had so much done , id like to know what the difference would be if you just had the bushings done.
I want to do the siold sud and the derlin dif like you, but it doesnt seem consistent between anyones car, shit.
      04-29-2014, 08:29 AM   #3
W///
Major General

Drives: 2008 E92 M3/1999 E36 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan292009 View Post
First I would like to thank the guys over at iND for great customer service and quality work. Andrew and Jesel were great. Andrew worked with me over many emails and calls getting everything ready. So over Easter weekend I had iND install TMS solid sub frame bushings, Delrin diff bushings, KW sleeve kit (I wanted to keep my EDC), Dinan camber plates, Dinan rear shock mounts, H&R sway bars and a slew of other cosmetic upgrades as well. So there is definitely more cabin noise associated with the Delrin diff bushings but it is not to bad. I drove back from iND (4 hr drive) with the radio off to compare the noise level. There is diff wine as speed and rpms increase but it tappers off around 80mph. It is my DD and I have actually grown to like it. It is not to intrusive. The car feels much more planted and the rear end feels much better. The car is more flat in the curves due to the stiffer springs. It feels like it should have come from the factory. I will keep everyone updated as I continue to evaluate the upgrade.
Thanks for sharing! That's the exact setup I want to go with. Maybe I missed it, but which brand diff bushing did you go with?
      04-29-2014, 08:32 AM   #4
bryan292009
Private First Class

TMS Delrin Diff bushings
E90 M3 W/ UUC SSK, EVO Sport Underdrive Pully, Turner Motorsport Test Pipes, UUC Cat-back exhaust, Matte Black Gills & Grills, Hamann pedals, Floor Mats, E-Brake Handle, Shift Knob, and Roundels F/R, Mucicar NW stage 1 with JBL MS-8
      04-29-2014, 10:18 PM   #5
FNG
Second Lieutenant

Drives: The Bus

Does anyone know the labor hours to install diff and subframe bushings? Just trying to figure if its something worth doing.
      04-30-2014, 11:07 AM   #6
Longbow64
_______

Drives: 09 E90 M3, 13 X3 35i MSport

Average is about 8-12 hours for both sets of bushings.

'09 E90 M3 | VF620 SC tuned and coded by BPM | KW V3 | ARC Wheels w/AD08 | OnEighty Lights | AA Signature Exhaust | BMW Performance and IND trim | Recaro Profi and child seats
'13 35i M-Sport X3 | JB4 Stage 1 | BMS Intake | H&R Springs | Gloss black grill | CF Wrap and Coded by me
      05-02-2014, 05:42 PM   #7
bryan292009
Private First Class

Installs vary but expect to not have your car for two days. Labor rates vary wildly. Stealerships charge about $200 an hour where as some Indy shops charge as low a $70. It is worth the money especially if you plan on keeping your car for a while.