BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews
 
E92 Lighting
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-21-2009, 05:25 PM   #1
dak125
Private First Class
2
Rep
123
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 135i
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (1)

Thumbs up $51k for a 2009 E93 on cars.com?

It seems like a very good deal. I'm not one for convertibles but I thought this would be of use to someone:

E93
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2009, 07:48 PM   #2
dvn
Lieutenant
dvn's Avatar
8
Rep
411
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 C63 Coupe
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (4)

That sounds too good to be true.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2009, 08:07 PM   #3
dak125
Private First Class
2
Rep
123
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 135i
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvn View Post
That sounds too good to be true.
Check out their other inventory, they have some amazing cars (Carrera GT for instance).

Inventory
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2009, 06:26 PM   #4
GoonerM3
New Member
0
Rep
23
Posts

 
Drives: 2000 Nissan Altima
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak125 View Post
Check out their other inventory, they have some amazing cars (Carrera GT for instance).

Inventory
Thats quite the list of cars
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2009, 06:43 PM   #5
foosh
Major
foosh's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
1,314
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 M3 E93
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Annapolis, MD

iTrader: (0)

Yes, I'd be a little concerned about that. It could have sustained some damage unreported to Carfax, which is common. It could also have been a buy-back under a lemon law.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2009, 07:20 PM   #6
Cabinetman
Lieutenant
7
Rep
432
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 IS-F
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Keller, TX

iTrader: (0)

They also have an '09 GT-R for $52,500 with less than 4k miles. That seems like a steal compared to what they list for around my neck of the woods.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2009, 07:20 PM   #7
tooshay
First Lieutenant
tooshay's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
334
Posts

 
Drives: e92
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: So Cal

iTrader: (5)

Send a message via AIM to tooshay
wow, that's a steal. might be too good to be true though.
__________________
e92 with some ///M3 stuff
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2009, 07:35 PM   #8
503Alex
Captain
503Alex's Avatar
United_States
19
Rep
610
Posts

 
Drives: S30
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: OR

iTrader: (0)

Most of those prices look too good to be true IMO.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2009, 07:39 PM   #9
Ca$hOnly
Major
Ca$hOnly's Avatar
United_States
20
Rep
1,078
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In ur fridge, eatin ur foodz

iTrader: (5)

That's an absolute steal, but definitely seems to good to be true. If this was an '08 then maybe, but 51k for an '09. Hmmmmm???
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2009, 07:43 PM   #10
foosh
Major
foosh's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
1,314
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 M3 E93
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Annapolis, MD

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ca$hOnly View Post
That's an absolute steal, but definitely seems to good to be true. If this was an '08 then maybe, but 51k for an '09. Hmmmmm???
The NADA and KBB trade-in, private party, and retail values are all considerably above $51K even for an 08 E93 M3. I realize that sometimes those books are sometimes a bit off, but not by that much.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2009, 07:47 PM   #11
dak125
Private First Class
2
Rep
123
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 135i
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (1)

I tried finding a website for the company without a whole lot of success. It appears as though they have a physical location, perhaps it would be worth checking out if you're a local?
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2009, 08:36 PM   #12
Ca$hOnly
Major
Ca$hOnly's Avatar
United_States
20
Rep
1,078
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In ur fridge, eatin ur foodz

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by foosh View Post
The NADA and KBB trade-in, private party, and retail values are all considerably above $51K even for an 08 E93 M3. I realize that sometimes those books are sometimes a bit off, but not by that much.
When I bought my E92 in March of 09, they offered me a brand new 2008 E93 for $60k. They had 3 on the lot. All with stickers of $75k+.

$51k for a used '08 E93 doesn't seem completely unreasonable taking this offer into consideration. Still almost too good to be true, but certainly more possible than an '09.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2009, 09:10 PM   #13
foosh
Major
foosh's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
1,314
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 M3 E93
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Annapolis, MD

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ca$hOnly View Post
When I bought my E92 in March of 09, they offered me a brand new 2008 E93 for $60k. They had 3 on the lot. All with stickers of $75k+.

$51k for a used '08 E93 doesn't seem completely unreasonable taking this offer into consideration. Still almost too good to be true, but certainly more possible than an '09.
Yes, I know. I bought a brand-new, non-punched, 08 E93 in March 09 for $61K with all options. What I said above about KBB and NADA for 08s is still true, and you can look it up for yourself. For an 09, it is absurd.

You have to ask yourself why a retail dealer would begin with a retail asking price of $51K, when all the books say much higher, even for trade-in value with higher mileage than the car in question. We're not talking out-the-door, without negotiation price, we're talking about advertised price.

It smells of scam.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2009, 09:25 PM   #14
ase2dais
//Mdicted
ase2dais's Avatar
United_States
127
Rep
9,875
Posts

 
Drives: a Cop Magnet
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: 495 Ring

iTrader: (17)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by foosh View Post
Yes, I'd be a little concerned about that. It could have sustained some damage unreported to Carfax, which is common. It could also have been a buy-back under a lemon law.
very well true.. I had an 08 with 6MT June 08, 3 mos into ownership its was bought back and was listed at 55k Oct 08, when a comparable pre-owned 08 m3 was going for about 5k more.

Theres a reasons things looks too good to be true, tried to all the 800 no on the ad but the phone answering system was weird and the photo backdrop doesnt look like a dealership. Google the ad dealership didnt come up with a good hit.

If anyone can validate this sale as legit pls post it
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2009, 10:15 PM   #15
Ca$hOnly
Major
Ca$hOnly's Avatar
United_States
20
Rep
1,078
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In ur fridge, eatin ur foodz

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by foosh View Post
Yes, I know. I bought a brand-new, non-punched, 08 E93 in March 09 for $61K with all options. What I said above about KBB and NADA for 08s is still true, and you can look it up for yourself. For an 09, it is absurd.

You have to ask yourself why a retail dealer would begin with a retail asking price of $51K, when all the books say much higher, even for trade-in value with higher mileage than the car in question. We're not talking out-the-door, without negotiation price, we're talking about advertised price.

It smells of scam.
You make it sound like I'm trying to convince you this offer is legitimate. Obviously it is a scam.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2009, 10:18 PM   #16
foosh
Major
foosh's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
1,314
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 M3 E93
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Annapolis, MD

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ca$hOnly View Post
When I bought my E92 in March of 09, they offered me a brand new 2008 E93 for $60k. They had 3 on the lot. All with stickers of $75k+.

$51k for a used '08 E93 doesn't seem completely unreasonable taking this offer into consideration. Still almost too good to be true, but certainly more possible than an '09.
Yeah, I guess I misunderstood the above.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2009, 09:32 AM   #17
m3pyun
First Lieutenant
8
Rep
314
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: MD

iTrader: (7)

A few things I noticed:

1. The cars seem to have their pictures taken from different place which is kinda odd
2. of all the cars that have license plate brackets or areas in the body for a license plate, they are all euro plate sized.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2009, 05:58 PM   #18
Optherion
Lieutenant
Optherion's Avatar
United_States
7
Rep
472
Posts

 
Drives: Prancing Horse
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: SoCal & Vegas

iTrader: (0)

That Gt-R is currently being talked about on NAGTROC. Its very suspicious because its a model GT-R that was never sold in the states, but is left hand drive. Either was imported or who knows. But Im not the only one that finds them fishy.
__________________
Current Stable: Some Audi with a V10, Couple of BMW's, one F Car, and one P car. One lonely GT-R with all the Euros.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:09 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST