BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

ESS Tuning
View Poll Results: Are you religious?
Religious 58 44.62%
Atheist 32 24.62%
Agnostic 40 30.77%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

11-22-2009, 01:58 PM   #155
Mighty M
First Lieutenant

Drives: 08 M3 Jerez/FR Manual

And it continues to this day. Check out these sick fuks:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/11/13/...use/index.html

Police arrest sixth member of family accused of child sex abuse
November 14, 2009 12:03 a.m. EST

Lexington, Missouri (CNN) -- Police arrested a sixth member of a Missouri family under investigation for allegations of child sexual abuse, police said.

Darrel Mohler has been charged with two counts of rape, Lafayette County Sheriff Kerrick Alumbaugh said at a news conference. Missouri police did not have Mohler in custody earlier. On the request of Missouri officials, Marion County authorities went to Mohler's home in Silver Springs, Florida, and caught him just before he pulled into the driveway, according to a news release from the Marion County Sheriff's Office. He was subsequently arrested.

Mohler told police he "was aware of what was going on in Missouri," and that he had not been there since the 1980s, according to the sheriff's office.

Five members of the Mohler family of Lafayette County, Missouri, were arrested earlier this week after six alleged victims, who are relatives of the five suspects, made accusations of sexual abuse. A sixth person, described as an "associate" of the family, was arrested Thursday but released Friday, police said.

The six alleged victims -- all now adults -- came to law enforcement authorities with stories of sexual performances, mock weddings, rape with various objects and a forced abortion during their childhoods, according to court documents obtained by CNN affiliate KSHB in Kansas City. CNN does not identify alleged sexual assault victims.

Police did not have enough to charge Darrel Mohler earlier, but after examining the victims' statements, obtained enough information to charge him, Alumbaugh said. He added that he does not think Darrel is on the run.

Darrel Mohler, 72, is the younger brother of Burrell Edward Mohler Sr., 77, according to KSHB. On Tuesday, authorities arrested Mohler Sr. and his sons Burrell Edward Mohler Jr., 53; David A. Mohler, 52; Jared Leroy Mohler, 48; and Roland Neil Mohler, 47.

More charges against the family members are expected next week, the sheriff said. Current charges for some of the arrested include rape, deviate sexual assault and use [of] child in sexual performance, according to Missouri State Courts online case management system.

Alumbaugh said that Larry Kidd, 55, of Kansas City, Missouri -- an "associate" of the Mohler family -- was picked up by police following a tip, cooperated with police and has been released.

The alleged abuse took place from the mid-1980s until 1995 and possibly beyond, the sheriff said earlier. The documents provide graphic details of the alleged abuse provided by one of the alleged victims. All of the charges stem from those documents, Alumbaugh said.

Mohler Sr., David Mohler and Jared Mohler are all lay ministers in the Community of Christ, the Independence, Missouri-based organization said in a statement.

Lay ministers are volunteers who do not receive compensation, said the organization, and none of the three served in leadership roles or worked with children.

Mohler Sr. went through the group's registered youth worker program, but "his youth worker registration has been terminated and we understand he had no contact with children or youth in church programs," the statement said.

Some lay ministers might help take care of the church, while others might speak at services, said the organization's spokeswoman, Linda Booth.

The Community of Christ is an offshoot of the modern-day Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It split off from the Mormon church in the 1800s, and in 2000 changed its name to Community of Christ from the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Investigators earlier this week searched several properties for evidence, but there were no plans to continue the searches, Alumbaugh said Friday. He declined to comment on any evidence found.
      11-22-2009, 02:52 PM   #156
Mr Tonka
Tonka.... Mr. Tonka

Drives: Exceptionally well :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty M View Post
And it continues to this day. Check out these sick fuks:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/11/13/...use/index.html

Police arrest sixth member of family accused of child sex abuse
November 14, 2009 12:03 a.m. EST

Lexington, Missouri (CNN) -- Police arrested a sixth member of a Missouri family under investigation for allegations of child sexual abuse, police said.

Darrel Mohler has been charged with two counts of rape, Lafayette County Sheriff Kerrick Alumbaugh said at a news conference. Missouri police did not have Mohler in custody earlier. On the request of Missouri officials, Marion County authorities went to Mohler's home in Silver Springs, Florida, and caught him just before he pulled into the driveway, according to a news release from the Marion County Sheriff's Office. He was subsequently arrested.

Mohler told police he "was aware of what was going on in Missouri," and that he had not been there since the 1980s, according to the sheriff's office.

Five members of the Mohler family of Lafayette County, Missouri, were arrested earlier this week after six alleged victims, who are relatives of the five suspects, made accusations of sexual abuse. A sixth person, described as an "associate" of the family, was arrested Thursday but released Friday, police said.

The six alleged victims -- all now adults -- came to law enforcement authorities with stories of sexual performances, mock weddings, rape with various objects and a forced abortion during their childhoods, according to court documents obtained by CNN affiliate KSHB in Kansas City. CNN does not identify alleged sexual assault victims.

Police did not have enough to charge Darrel Mohler earlier, but after examining the victims' statements, obtained enough information to charge him, Alumbaugh said. He added that he does not think Darrel is on the run.

Darrel Mohler, 72, is the younger brother of Burrell Edward Mohler Sr., 77, according to KSHB. On Tuesday, authorities arrested Mohler Sr. and his sons Burrell Edward Mohler Jr., 53; David A. Mohler, 52; Jared Leroy Mohler, 48; and Roland Neil Mohler, 47.

More charges against the family members are expected next week, the sheriff said. Current charges for some of the arrested include rape, deviate sexual assault and use [of] child in sexual performance, according to Missouri State Courts online case management system.

Alumbaugh said that Larry Kidd, 55, of Kansas City, Missouri -- an "associate" of the Mohler family -- was picked up by police following a tip, cooperated with police and has been released.

The alleged abuse took place from the mid-1980s until 1995 and possibly beyond, the sheriff said earlier. The documents provide graphic details of the alleged abuse provided by one of the alleged victims. All of the charges stem from those documents, Alumbaugh said.

Mohler Sr., David Mohler and Jared Mohler are all lay ministers in the Community of Christ, the Independence, Missouri-based organization said in a statement.

Lay ministers are volunteers who do not receive compensation, said the organization, and none of the three served in leadership roles or worked with children.

Mohler Sr. went through the group's registered youth worker program, but "his youth worker registration has been terminated and we understand he had no contact with children or youth in church programs," the statement said.

Some lay ministers might help take care of the church, while others might speak at services, said the organization's spokeswoman, Linda Booth.

The Community of Christ is an offshoot of the modern-day Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It split off from the Mormon church in the 1800s, and in 2000 changed its name to Community of Christ from the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Investigators earlier this week searched several properties for evidence, but there were no plans to continue the searches, Alumbaugh said Friday. He declined to comment on any evidence found.
you forgot to bold a few other key statements.....

Are you going to tell me that if i went and look for some sick atheist bastards i wouldn't find just as many?

Also, there are plenty of sicko's who are not religious/spiritual in anyway but USE religion to carry out their perverted thoughts. Many sound concepts in our society have been tainted by greed and lust, religion is no different.

"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." — Frédéric Bastiat
Mr Tonka is offline   United_States
      11-22-2009, 10:24 PM   #157
ragingclue
One cam is enough

Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP0WER View Post
Many sound concepts in our society have been tainted by greed and lust, religion is no different.
Religion is based on blind faith. I think it makes it easier for people to use its guise as a form of manipulation.

I don't hate people that are part of an organized faith. I don't hate most of the organized religions out there; I'm just saying it's not for me because of what my personal view of the world is.... I'm not going to try to convince anyone that they are wrong; it just is what it is. I'm fine with letting you choose your path if you let me choose mine.
      11-23-2009, 01:58 PM   #158
Mr Tonka
Tonka.... Mr. Tonka

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
Religion is based on blind faith. I think it makes it easier for people to use its guise as a form of manipulation.

I don't hate people that are part of an organized faith. I don't hate most of the organized religions out there; I'm just saying it's not for me because of what my personal view of the world is.... I'm not going to try to convince anyone that they are wrong; it just is what it is. I'm fine with letting you choose your path if you let me choose mine.
We have a misunderstanding; i dislike organized religion as well.

But being a member of and attending a church, i can't agree with all of them being bad. No church is perfect, but like mine, there are more out there that promote tolerance, forgiveness, acceptance, family, and moralistic values. All based on the teachings of JC.

"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." — Frédéric Bastiat
      11-23-2009, 02:00 PM   #159
MrRoboto
Colonel

Drives: VO 1M

Quote:
We have a misunderstanding; i dislike organized religion as well.

But being a member of and attending a church, i can't agree with all of them being bad. No church is perfect, but like mine, there are more out there that promote tolerance, forgiveness, acceptance, family, and moralistic values. All based on the teachings of JC.
You dislike organized religion but are a member of a church?
MrRoboto is offline   Canada
      11-23-2009, 02:32 PM   #160
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner

Drives: E90 325i Arctic

"I dislike living with women but I'm married"

Best regards,
Wede
UncleWede is offline   United_States
      11-23-2009, 04:35 PM   #161
MrRoboto
Colonel

Drives: VO 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
"I dislike living with women but I'm married"

Best regards,
Wede
Are we to assume you are married to a woman?
MrRoboto is offline   Canada
      11-23-2009, 04:51 PM   #162
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner

Drives: E90 325i Arctic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
Are we to assume you are married to a woman?
a valid assumption

Best regards,
Wede
UncleWede is offline   United_States
      11-23-2009, 05:24 PM   #163
Mr Tonka
Tonka.... Mr. Tonka

Quote:
You dislike organized religion but are a member of a church?
Yes, you can see the explanation to that statement in my previous post. I built it right into post for your convenience.

I also dislike some things about BMW, yet i still drive an M3. And i dislike a LOT of stuff about the American government, yet I’m still a citizen. Weird huh?

11-23-2009, 07:02 PM   #164
ragingclue
One cam is enough

Quote:
Yes, you can see the explanation to that statement in my previous post. I built it right into post for your convenience.

I also dislike some things about BMW, yet i still drive an M3. And i dislike a LOT of stuff about the American government, yet I’m still a citizen. Weird huh?
I agree. In my previous post, the "you" was meant to address the reader of the post as opposed to you yourself. I should have clarified.

I have attended and participated in church events, but they were churches where the members didn't judge you for the fact that you didn't agree with all of their particular views on religion, or maybe not even a good amount of their views. I know exactly what you mean.
      11-24-2009, 12:17 AM   #165
Mr Tonka
Tonka.... Mr. Tonka

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
I agree. In my previous post, the "you" was meant to address the reader of the post as opposed to you yourself. I should have clarified.

I have attended and participated in church events, but they were churches where the members didn't judge you for the fact that you didn't agree with all of their particular views on religion, or maybe not even a good amount of their views. I know exactly what you mean.
Nice Win this week. I bet it was a good game to watch. I think that officially puts us in last place.

Edit, assumed you're a lions fan...

11-24-2009, 09:48 AM   #166
ragingclue
One cam is enough

Quote:
Nice Win this week. I bet it was a good game to watch. I think that officially puts us in last place.

Edit, assumed you're a lions fan...
Yes I'm a Lions fan. I would put a paper bag over my username but I haven't figured out how yet. Sad thing is, if we were playing anyone except the Browns, we would have been down by 49 points at half. Fortunately for us, they suck just as much as we do, and we got lucky on top of it. It was indeed a good game to watch though. I really feel for any team who loses to us; nobody wants to be "that guy" but fortunately for Cleveland, the Redskins already took the brunt of that title.
      12-07-2009, 10:13 AM   #167
Raja Ventureshield
Banned

Drives: BMW M3 coupe

Quote:
Do you believe in Noah's Ark, talking snakes, etc?

I do.
Raja Ventureshield is offline   United_States
      12-22-2009, 02:17 AM   #168
Htown09
Captain

Drives: E92

Quote:
Many sound concepts in our society have been tainted by greed and lust, religion is no different.
I this this is a very accurate statement and is the most important. Many religious people think religion is something that can't be tainted; it's above being tainted. This mindset blinds them to the things going on. It is congruent with the statement of wolves in sheep's clothing.
      12-23-2009, 06:04 PM   #169
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin

Drives: '03 E46 330Ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja Ventureshield View Post
I do.
Lol.

12-24-2009, 11:32 AM   #170
carve
Major

Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja Ventureshield View Post
I do.
Wow. Why?

This one's for you...
[u2b]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6OLPL5p0fMg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6OLPL5p0fMg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/u2b]
      01-15-2010, 04:48 PM   #171
CIGARGUY
Second Lieutenant

Drives: '06 e90

I guess my take is this....

Religion is mans' attempt to get to God.

Jesus is God's attempt to get to man.

People call me religious because I attend, and am very involved in, my church. I'm there regularly. I don't consider myself religious. In fact, I hate religion. It's boring and dull. But knowing God personally can change a person's life, like it has mine.
      01-16-2010, 10:57 AM   #172
Mighty M
First Lieutenant

Drives: 08 M3 Jerez/FR Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIGARGUY View Post
I guess my take is this....

Religion is mans' attempt to get to God.

Jesus is God's attempt to get to man.

People call me religious because I attend, and am very involved in, my church. I'm there regularly. I don't consider myself religious. In fact, I hate religion. It's boring and dull. But knowing God personally can change a person's life, like it has mine.

How does one know God personally? In what ways has "this" changed your life?
      01-16-2010, 07:19 PM   #173
CIGARGUY
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty M View Post
How does one know God personally? In what ways has "this" changed your life?
I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal Lord and Savior. I invite Him to direct my life and influence my decisions. Doing this has brought a peace and joy that I honestly can't explain or properly describe, even in times of difficulty that have rocked me to the core. I completely understand people thinking this may be "blind faith" or me being naive, in this "see it to believe it" society that we live in. But I can say from experience that God is a "believe it to see it" kind of thing, which goes against our human nature.
      01-16-2010, 07:48 PM   #174
335iheLLraiseR
اوليسيس

Drives: e92 335

Garage List
2007 e92 335  [5.00]
Quote:
I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal Lord and Savior. I invite Him to direct my life and influence my decisions. Doing this has brought a peace and joy that I honestly can't explain or properly describe, even in times of difficulty that have rocked me to the core. I completely understand people thinking this may be "blind faith" or me being naive, in this "see it to believe it" society that we live in. But I can say from experience that God is a "believe it to see it" kind of thing, which goes against our human nature.
yup, you pretty much summed up the whole argument right there.
Anyone who can transition seamlessly from defending one vendor and bashing another vendor to bashing the one he formally defended and defending the one he formally bashed has a instant credibility problem.
<---Sign up Now for Bonus Storage! Up to 10gb!
335iheLLraiseR is offline   United_States
      01-16-2010, 08:37 PM   #175
ChineseGuy
QuickShifter

Drives: Black E90

Quote:
But I can say from experience that God is a "believe it to see it" kind of thing, which goes against our human nature.
Just like tooth fairy and maybe santa...
      01-17-2010, 02:56 PM   #176
CIGARGUY
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChineseGuy View Post
Just like tooth fairy and maybe santa...
Again, I understand this not making sense to a lot of people, but it is very real to me and has been, and continues to be life changing.