BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-16-2009, 09:55 PM   #1
bimmergoat
Private First Class
 
Drives: M3 E90 Jerez Black
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: charlotte

Posts: 161
iTrader: (0)

AA 1.5 ECU Review

From the moment I started the car I knew something was different. At idle it was smooth as butter and not rough at all. Normally, it would take a few minutes to settle down but now it's almost Lexus smooth. The same goes for all the gears. At first I thought "Where is the power increase!" but it does seem to pull a lot harder but once again it's so smooth that you have to take a look at the speedometer. I kinda liked the spitting and gurgling but it's gone now. Other than that I highly recommend it.
bimmergoat is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-18-2009, 09:26 PM   #2
SoCalM3Mang
"Makin It Happen-West Coast Style"
 
SoCalM3Mang's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E93 Jerez Black 6SPD
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: So Cal

Posts: 187
iTrader: (0)

Anybody Know the Difference from V1 to V1.5?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmergoat View Post
From the moment I started the car I knew something was different. At idle it was smooth as butter and not rough at all. Normally, it would take a few minutes to settle down but now it's almost Lexus smooth. The same goes for all the gears. At first I thought "Where is the power increase!" but it does seem to pull a lot harder but once again it's so smooth that you have to take a look at the speedometer. I kinda liked the spitting and gurgling but it's gone now. Other than that I highly recommend it.
Thanks bro. Some questions for you.

Did you have the original AA Tune? Or is this your first one? I have the original and am looking for some input from fellas who got the "1.5 Upgrade".

Any help would be appreciated. I gotta figure out if its truly worth it to ship my ECU to Miami to get the new flash.

Thanks.
__________________
08 BMW E93 6MT Jerez Black|HAMANN-ed|Lots of Carbon Fiber|Eibach E-93 Sprgs|Advan RS-D's 19x9+22/19x10+20|AA-SSK-Pulley|RPI Scoops-Red|RPI Axle Back Exhaust- Blacked Out Tips|Hamann Rep CF Lip-Diffuser-Trunk Spoiler||Hamaan Badging
SoCalM3Mang is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-18-2009, 10:22 PM   #3
lebreeze
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2011 m3 , 2014 991
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: windsor

Posts: 595
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 e92 m3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmergoat View Post
From the moment I started the car I knew something was different. At idle it was smooth as butter and not rough at all. Normally, it would take a few minutes to settle down but now it's almost Lexus smooth. The same goes for all the gears. At first I thought "Where is the power increase!" but it does seem to pull a lot harder but once again it's so smooth that you have to take a look at the speedometer. I kinda liked the spitting and gurgling but it's gone now. Other than that I highly recommend it.
I like the ruff start up thats the only reason I have pulled the trigger on the AA tune.
__________________
lebreeze is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      10-19-2009, 01:12 AM   #4
bimmergoat
Private First Class
 
Drives: M3 E90 Jerez Black
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: charlotte

Posts: 161
iTrader: (0)

I had the original AA tune and this one it's really hard for me to tell a difference other than how smooth it is. No more rough idle but I will find out more soon since it's starting to get cold around here. I also have AA pulley, RPI midpipe with stock exhaust (YUK!) so when my RPI mufflers get here I'm sure it will be different.
bimmergoat is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-19-2009, 09:22 AM   #5
Omar@ActiveAutowerke
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Miami

Posts: 1,783
iTrader: (1)

Enjoy! PM replied to as well.
Omar@ActiveAutowerke is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-19-2009, 10:16 AM   #6
ScheerSpeed
Major General
 
ScheerSpeed's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 F30 Estoril M-Sport 335i
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Miami, FL

Posts: 5,769
iTrader: (14)

Send a message via AIM to ScheerSpeed Send a message via MSN to ScheerSpeed
i have had both tunes in addition to AA's rear muffler section and the air filter, and i notice a difference in smoothness under 4k for daily driving and more pull after 4k and all the way up. especially with the chilly weather here in miami the last few days. also it's smoother driving in Sport+.
ScheerSpeed is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-19-2009, 01:57 PM   #7
chd2
Driver
 
chd2's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 E92 M3 DCT
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Seabrook, TX

Posts: 119
iTrader: (0)

I have the 1.5 tune, it is very smooth and I can definately tell the difference from stock. When I press the M button, it is more violent when shifting from 1st to second. It is also louder, like the tune is opening up the throttle bodies to the max.
chd2 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-19-2009, 02:28 PM   #8
MrHarris
yodog
 
MrHarris's Avatar
 
Drives: '86 Corolla
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Diamond Bar, Ca

Posts: 5,037
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2009 BMW  [5.00]
Send a message via AIM to MrHarris
Quote:
Originally Posted by chd2 View Post
I have the 1.5 tune, it is very smooth and I can definately tell the difference from stock. When I press the M button, it is more violent when shifting from 1st to second. It is also louder, like the tune is opening up the throttle bodies to the max.
How is it more violent if no buttons give you extra HP?
__________________

2009 E92 M3 | Alpine White | Black Extended | Advan RS | Turner Test Pipes | Dinan Axle-Back | OETuning | Eibach Springs | UUC SSK | VRS Front Lip | VRS Type I Diffuser | Matte Black | RPi Scoops | MS Filter | Yokohama AD08 | F1 Pinnacle
Special Thanks: Gintani | OETuning | eAs
MrHarris is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-19-2009, 04:41 PM   #9
SoCalM3Mang
"Makin It Happen-West Coast Style"
 
SoCalM3Mang's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E93 Jerez Black 6SPD
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: So Cal

Posts: 187
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScheerSpeed View Post
i have had both tunes in addition to AA's rear muffler section and the air filter, and i notice a difference in smoothness under 4k for daily driving and more pull after 4k and all the way up. especially with the chilly weather here in miami the last few days. also it's smoother driving in Sport+.
Thanks for your answer.

My original AA Tune pulls like a mother after 4k. What I want to know is if there is a difference from V1 to V1.5?

I also have RPI axle back-MS Filter and Pulleys. So my E93 is jumpy. I'm considering the FS X-Pipe with 2ndary Delete and wondering if I should get that before upgrading to the 1.5 tune?
__________________
08 BMW E93 6MT Jerez Black|HAMANN-ed|Lots of Carbon Fiber|Eibach E-93 Sprgs|Advan RS-D's 19x9+22/19x10+20|AA-SSK-Pulley|RPI Scoops-Red|RPI Axle Back Exhaust- Blacked Out Tips|Hamann Rep CF Lip-Diffuser-Trunk Spoiler||Hamaan Badging
SoCalM3Mang is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-19-2009, 09:11 PM   #10
bimmergoat
Private First Class
 
Drives: M3 E90 Jerez Black
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: charlotte

Posts: 161
iTrader: (0)

Got a "Check engine Increased Emissions, Service engine soon light tonight" after about 100 miles after tune. I sent AA a PM. I never had that error with the first tune.
bimmergoat is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-19-2009, 11:07 PM   #11
Ado
King Kong
 
Ado's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Toronto

Posts: 769
iTrader: (0)

Any of you guys do a before and after dyno? I'll be heading over for the v1.5 dyno sometime this week. I've done dynos throught all the mods starting with a stock base one. You will never know the true gains from your mods unless you do the dynos.
__________________
08 E92 M3 - AA ECU, AA Pulleys, AA Air Filter, AA Short Shifter - CURRENT
E92 335i - Vishnu V3, Exhaust, Intake, BOV, CDV Delete - SOLD
1991 850i Dinan Twin Turbo - SOLD

Health Forums
Ado is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      10-20-2009, 12:45 PM   #12
King Tut
Individual LSB - Rust Brown
 
King Tut's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 BMW M3 Coupe Individual
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Gulf Breeze, FL

Posts: 1,306
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to King Tut
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmergoat View Post
Got a "Check engine Increased Emissions, Service engine soon light tonight" after about 100 miles after tune. I sent AA a PM. I never had that error with the first tune.
Do you have cats? Perhaps the two are unrelated or when you got the new tune they didn't disable the secondary O2 sensor check.
__________________
King Tut
2012 BMW M3 Individual: lsb.ridedomain.com
1987 BMW 325is SpecE30: spece30.ridedomain.com
2009 BMW M3 Coupe: Sold e92.ridedomain.com
King Tut is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-20-2009, 03:46 PM   #13
bimmergoat
Private First Class
 
Drives: M3 E90 Jerez Black
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: charlotte

Posts: 161
iTrader: (0)

I have no cats. I running RPI's xpipe
bimmergoat is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-30-2009, 11:09 PM   #14
novablackm3
Captain
 
Drives: e92 m3 , e70 x5m
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Northern VA

Posts: 640
iTrader: (3)

Send a message via AIM to novablackm3
just got the v1.5 tune for my 2010, i had the original tune on my 2008 w/out the fabspeed setup.

I have been driving w/ the afe+ fab speed setup for about 1700 miles. I just hit 1900 miles on my 2010 and AA tuned the ecu with the new v1.5 + my mods .

1st thing of course with the tune is the friggen annoying rough cold idle is gone(same as on my 2008) and the revs are much smoother. It also just buries the needle after 6k. (I only drove it for about 15 miles after the install video's being uploaded to youtube right now) I'll also update on impressions after a few hundred miles and after i install the envy charger!.

Another major diff is i opted out for the 6mt launch control which i had w/ the previous version simply because i wasn't using it much and wanted to rev past 4300 @ a stand still to hear my fabspeeds
__________________
Alpine White E70 11 X5M - K&N Filter , STI Mag , LI , Self coded , Ultimate DP
Jerez Black E92 10 m3 - STI Mag| LI | RE SSK | AFE Filter | Fabspeed XFC / Xpipe | AA ECU 1.5v | BMW PSW | | Envy Charger | Megan Exhaust | Mich SuperSport | Self coded a bunch of stuff
Jetblack E92 08 m3 - V1 | RE SSK | RR Scoops | AFE Filter | AA ECU <Retired>
novablackm3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-01-2009, 08:32 PM   #15
Jlnike
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 08 e90 m3 07 e90 328xi
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New York

Posts: 261
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by novablackm3 View Post
just got the v1.5 tune for my 2010, i had the original tune on my 2008 w/out the fabspeed setup.

I have been driving w/ the afe+ fab speed setup for about 1700 miles. I just hit 1900 miles on my 2010 and AA tuned the ecu with the new v1.5 + my mods .

1st thing of course with the tune is the friggen annoying rough cold idle is gone(same as on my 2008) and the revs are much smoother. It also just buries the needle after 6k. (I only drove it for about 15 miles after the install video's being uploaded to youtube right now) I'll also update on impressions after a few hundred miles and after i install the envy charger!.

Another major diff is i opted out for the 6mt launch control which i had w/ the previous version simply because i wasn't using it much and wanted to rev past 4300 @ a stand still to hear my fabspeeds


Wait... aa tune has launch control for 6mt? I thought only the paddlers had that..!!! please confirm?
Jlnike is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-01-2009, 08:43 PM   #16
Jlnike
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 08 e90 m3 07 e90 328xi
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New York

Posts: 261
iTrader: (1)

WOW just used the Search button! Now i gotta get an ecu tune! lol
Jlnike is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-02-2009, 07:52 PM   #17
novablackm3
Captain
 
Drives: e92 m3 , e70 x5m
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Northern VA

Posts: 640
iTrader: (3)

Send a message via AIM to novablackm3
interestingly my morning commute which was always 17.2mpg is now @ 18.5 and 18.8 back after my v1.5. will continue to monitor for the next few days
__________________
Alpine White E70 11 X5M - K&N Filter , STI Mag , LI , Self coded , Ultimate DP
Jerez Black E92 10 m3 - STI Mag| LI | RE SSK | AFE Filter | Fabspeed XFC / Xpipe | AA ECU 1.5v | BMW PSW | | Envy Charger | Megan Exhaust | Mich SuperSport | Self coded a bunch of stuff
Jetblack E92 08 m3 - V1 | RE SSK | RR Scoops | AFE Filter | AA ECU <Retired>
novablackm3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-02-2009, 10:46 PM   #18
///V\3Dude
I Drive Slow To Save Gas :D
 
///V\3Dude's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 M3, MY11 STi
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: I <3 NY

Posts: 464
iTrader: (2)

Jlnike, yes they do have a launch control for us 6sp guys, i remember seeing it on there website. You can preset the rpm for it to i think.
__________________
///V\3Dude is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:13 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST