BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-18-2009, 06:54 PM   #67
Victory Road
Major
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Chicago, IL

Posts: 1,323
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHarris View Post

Ask them for the offsets, if they don't give you it then what kind of wheel company is this? You can't just trust their judgment on which offset looks best on the M3. Some like it flush, some like it poking out, and some like it a bit conservative.
I didn't read page 2 or 3, so I'm not sure if this was covered

but there are many many reputable wheel companies that do not give out their offset information. HRE being one of them (on their 3 piece line).
Victory Road is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-19-2009, 04:29 PM   #68
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer
 
King Tut's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Honda S2000 TT3
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Gulf Breeze, FL

Posts: 1,310
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to King Tut
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank@WSTO View Post
but there are many many reputable wheel companies that do not give out their offset information. HRE being one of them (on their 3 piece line).
First off companies that do that are idiots. Offsets aren't some black magic art. As I told the original poster you can calculate the offsets on your wheels and anyone with HRE wheels should do the same. I couldn't stand having someone knowledgeable with wheels and tires ask me what offset my wheels are and not being able to tell them with 100% certainty.
__________________
King Tut
2012 BMW M3 Individual: Sold lsb.ridedomain.com
1987 BMW 325is SpecE30: spece30.ridedomain.com
2009 BMW M3 Coupe: Sold e92.ridedomain.com
King Tut is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-19-2009, 04:52 PM   #69
TLud
Colonel
 
TLud's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 Golf R
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Texas

Posts: 2,280
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Tut View Post
First off companies that do that are idiots. Offsets aren't some black magic art. As I told the original poster you can calculate the offsets on your wheels and anyone with HRE wheels should do the same. I couldn't stand having someone knowledgeable with wheels and tires ask me what offset my wheels are and not being able to tell them with 100% certainty.
__________________
'09 Interlagos Blue E92 M3 (sold to a good home)
TLud is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-20-2009, 11:18 AM   #70
Robwe46m3
Banned
 
Drives: 2010 E92 Ruby Blk M3 Individua
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: 2010 Olymipiads

Posts: 194
iTrader: (0)

So I've decided to send my wheels back to have them made to original spec- 9" front and 10.5" rears. Wish me Luck! I hope Allain and co come through. So far they have been pretty prompt and have even posted in this thread so it seems they want to remedy this issue.

Now to those talking about performance: Yes I want 20"s for looks but I still was hoping for a setup with good handling characteristics at the same time. I have stock 19"s and felt that going aftermarket I should upsize. Will post pics of my Ruby Black Coupe when I get the rims back from 360...
Robwe46m3 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      10-21-2009, 05:39 PM   #71
Robwe46m3
Banned
 
Drives: 2010 E92 Ruby Blk M3 Individua
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: 2010 Olymipiads

Posts: 194
iTrader: (0)

Took the rims to UPS store in CANADA and shipped rims back at 360's expense. Talked to Allain personally and he said it would only be a couple of days once they receive them. Wish me luck...

So far Allain has been a man of his word since contacting him so it looks like 360 may be turning things around.
Robwe46m3 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      10-24-2009, 06:25 AM   #72
IRMthree
Captain
 
IRMthree's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 DCT M3
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: WestCoast

Posts: 677
iTrader: (0)

interesting to see how this "under new-management/version 2.0" of 360Forged handles things....let us know how everything goes

....its funny how they "recommended" you purchase Nitto Invos for your order...considering it seems like all the 360F/Advanced 1/ModularConcept/ForgedDST cars always ran on Invos in their promo shoots....
__________________
Current: E92 M3 DCT Coupe
Past: E46 M3 SMG Coupe
IRMthree is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-24-2009, 09:16 AM   #73
m34jlp
Wheel Whore
 
m34jlp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Miami, Fl

Posts: 833
iTrader: (0)

i think everyone wheel company down here needed to see what not to do and now things will hopefully turn around for the best.
m34jlp is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-24-2009, 10:25 AM   #74
bavarian19
General
 
bavarian19's Avatar
 
Drives: Car
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: VA

Posts: 18,812
iTrader: (23)

Just ridiculous. Why is there even a question as to what to do?
bavarian19 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-24-2009, 11:13 AM   #75
HiProfile Robs
CF JNKY
 
HiProfile Robs's Avatar
 
Drives: Z06
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Miami

Posts: 356
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to HiProfile Robs
Quote:
Originally Posted by m34jlp View Post
i think everyone wheel company down here needed to see what not to do and now things will hopefully turn around for the best.
Agreed!
__________________
HiProfile Robs is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-19-2009, 08:52 AM   #76
Wheel'$ForLe$$
 
Wheel'$ForLe$$'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 M3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NJ

Posts: 162
iTrader: (0)

hey guys,

just wanted to update everyone on rob's wheels. wheels came in and we rebuilt them as agreed. took a couple extra days cause rob also decided to up grade to titanium fasteners.

rob, you should receive them any day now. let me know if everything is as expected. thanks
Wheel'$ForLe$$ is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-20-2009, 03:17 AM   #77
Robwe46m3
Banned
 
Drives: 2010 E92 Ruby Blk M3 Individua
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: 2010 Olymipiads

Posts: 194
iTrader: (0)

Did not get tracking info Patiently waiting.... Looking forward to getting wheels that fit well!
Robwe46m3 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-20-2009, 03:19 AM   #78
Ca$hOnly
Major
 
Ca$hOnly's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In ur fridge, eatin ur foodz

Posts: 1,078
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robwe46m3 View Post
Did not get tracking info Patiently waiting.... Looking forward to getting wheels that fit well!
360 Forged is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.
__________________
Ca$hOnly is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-20-2009, 11:58 AM   #79
mylydiamy
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2008 335i e93 convertible
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 512
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via Yahoo to mylydiamy
As an outsider I would like to add my comments.

There is no secret that the previous owners had very poor customer service. But it seems like the new management is trying to fix their reputation. And I haven't heard a single issue with the new management. In OP's case, the new owner is taking full responsibility for wrong size of wheels and covering the cost of shipment and sending a new set. As long as the new set of wheels is as good as expected, the new management deserves full credit.

I think people should stop bashing the new management for what the previous management did and give them a chance to prove that this is their intention.

Again, I have no connection with them, never did any business with them.

Just my .02
mylydiamy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-23-2009, 03:41 PM   #80
Wheel'$ForLe$$
 
Wheel'$ForLe$$'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 M3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NJ

Posts: 162
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robwe46m3 View Post
Did not get tracking info Patiently waiting.... Looking forward to getting wheels that fit well!
hey rob,

the wheels have already arrived in canada. i've sent you a pm with the tracking info. thanks..
Wheel'$ForLe$$ is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-23-2009, 11:53 PM   #81
Bmanny
First Lieutenant
 
Bmanny's Avatar
 
Drives: Beamer
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: New York

Posts: 390
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylydiamy View Post
As an outsider I would like to add my comments.

There is no secret that the previous owners had very poor customer service. But it seems like the new management is trying to fix their reputation. And I haven't heard a single issue with the new management. In OP's case, the new owner is taking full responsibility for wrong size of wheels and covering the cost of shipment and sending a new set. As long as the new set of wheels is as good as expected, the new management deserves full credit.

I think people should stop bashing the new management for what the previous management did and give them a chance to prove that this is their intention.

Again, I have no connection with them, never did any business with them.

Just my .02
+1
Bmanny is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-25-2009, 12:11 AM   #82
Robwe46m3
Banned
 
Drives: 2010 E92 Ruby Blk M3 Individua
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: 2010 Olymipiads

Posts: 194
iTrader: (0)

I must say Allain Was good to deal with. He answered my emails. Provided me with his cell phone number, even called me on numerous occasions. Since I don't live near the shipping company 360 forged uses he let me ship the rims back to him using my local UPS store at his expense
Just got the new rims today in the correct sizes. I have my fingers crossed that the offsets will be good as well. Will try to fit them on my car by this weekend and will hopefully post pics.


To Allain and his crew
Robwe46m3 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-25-2009, 09:54 AM   #83
Wheel'$ForLe$$
 
Wheel'$ForLe$$'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 M3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NJ

Posts: 162
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robwe46m3 View Post
I must say Allain Was good to deal with. He answered my emails. Provided me with his cell phone number, even called me on numerous occasions. Since I don't live near the shipping company 360 forged uses he let me ship the rims back to him using my local UPS store at his expense
Just got the new rims today in the correct sizes. I have my fingers crossed that the offsets will be good as well. Will try to fit them on my car by this weekend and will hopefully post pics.


To Allain and his crew
just let us know if you need anything else on our end. we're happy to assist you in any way possible. thanks again..
Wheel'$ForLe$$ is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-25-2009, 08:00 PM   #84
Chico
Captain
 
Chico's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 F30 335i M Perf. Edition
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: EST

Posts: 881
iTrader: (2)

^^ nice to see a positive post about the new ownership.
Chico is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-28-2009, 09:38 PM   #85
Robwe46m3
Banned
 
Drives: 2010 E92 Ruby Blk M3 Individua
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: 2010 Olymipiads

Posts: 194
iTrader: (0)

Put them on. Fitment Is good. Just needs a drop and it will be Sick! Pics coming soon...
Robwe46m3 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-30-2009, 12:59 PM   #86
Wheel'$ForLe$$
 
Wheel'$ForLe$$'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 M3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NJ

Posts: 162
iTrader: (0)

we custom manufacture the wheels so we can basically fit them to anyone's personal preference. please pm us for any pricing or application information. thanks...
Wheel'$ForLe$$ is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-08-2009, 11:59 AM   #87
Robwe46m3
Banned
 
Drives: 2010 E92 Ruby Blk M3 Individua
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: 2010 Olymipiads

Posts: 194
iTrader: (0)

Updated with Pics Thanks again Allain
Robwe46m3 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      12-08-2009, 01:04 PM   #88
montreal red
chris
 
montreal red's Avatar
 
Drives: White Boat
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto

Posts: 12,123
iTrader: (31)

Send a message via MSN to montreal red
damn thats a nice interior color. good to hear that your 360 forged issue has been resolved.
__________________

Current: 2013 F10 M5 & 2013 GLK350
997.1 GT3RS (gone)
2009 WRX STI (gone)
e92 M3 (gone)
montreal red is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:24 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST