BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

Steve Thomas BMW

10-14-2009, 03:45 PM   #23
Jlnike
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 08 e90 m3 07 e90 328xi

wow
      10-15-2009, 12:38 PM   #24
elp_jc
Brigadier General

Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLud View Post
After all the descriptions I gave you awhile back, I'm actually pretty excited for you to hear the Dinan in person and to get your impressions. I'd like to know if I was reasonably accurate in my portrayal.
Hey buddy, sorry for the delayed response. I have no doubt you were spot on with your super helpful and detailed description. Really appreciated that, so passing on the info on the shields was the least I could do; glad I could help too .
I'm not going to ask this guy for a ride (I asked the other 2 local guys and they just played dumb; not everybody is an enthusiast, I guess ), but if he offers it, I'd certainly accept and post my impressions back. Take care.
elp_jc is offline   United_States
      10-19-2009, 02:09 PM   #25
chuckvic
Private First Class

Drives: 2009 M3 DCT Coupe

dinan and MPG

as far as the MPG first reported get the car up to 75, set the cruise, reset the computer, make sure your tires are properly inflated per BMW and drive that way for 100 miles. I am only measuring freeway fuel use/driving, then for the heck of it do it at 65 mph and then 85 mph and note the big differences. Then drive like a mad man in town in S6 M mode and get 10 mpg or so.

chuck
      10-19-2009, 02:54 PM   #26
isugoo
Major General

Drives: 14 M5 CP

Just got mine installed last Sat. Love the mean looking tips on the AW sedan. Just like everyone reviews, not loud but def. deeper and meaner sound. I'm really happy with the look and sound result EXCEPT one thing, painted tip color issue.

Driver side tips are fully painted and pass side tips are 2/3 painted.
According to other Dinan exhaust owners, a couple of people got fully painted tip exhaust and most got 2/3 painted exhaust but not a single mix+match one like me.

I contacted BMW dealer and Dinan to solve the problem. I'll keep you guys updated how they handle this.

Here are the pictures of the tip paint issue I have:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...1&postcount=93

PAST: 11 E70 X5M | 08 E90 M3 | 08 E92 335i | 03.5 E46 M3 | 99 E36 M3
isugoo is offline   United_States