BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications
 
European Auto Source
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-08-2009, 08:48 AM   #1
firewired
Private First Class
4
Rep
177
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 M3 Sdn
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: San Antonio

iTrader: (0)

Connecting pipe question...

Sorry for the ignorant question, but I have never messed with the exhaust before.

I am thinking of the Remus Sport trying to get something that is subtle and a little like the exhaust note I liked in my RS4. If I buy oem connecting pipes
(?mid pipes), can I connect it to the Remus Sport so that it will be simply bolt on and I won't have to cut into the stock exhaust. What other pipes should I look at if this is doable? Will different pipes further effect the exhaust note?

Thanks for all your advice.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2009, 08:55 AM   #2
DevJ
Colonel
DevJ's Avatar
35
Rep
2,712
Posts

 
Drives: '14 Cayman S/IS350/RRS
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tulsa, OK

iTrader: (1)

Get some Eisenmann Connecting Pipes from IND. Hit Nate or Ilia up. That's all you need besides the remus exhaust for it to be bolt on.
__________________
E92 M3. SOLD
New: '14 Cayman S PDK
Incoming: GT-R Black Edition
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2009, 10:06 AM   #3
Nate@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Nate@IND's Avatar
481
Rep
10,442
Posts


 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (19)

We have the Eisenmann Connecting pipes in stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevJ View Post
Get some Eisenmann Connecting Pipes from IND. Hit Nate or Ilia up. That's all you need besides the remus exhaust for it to be bolt on.
Thanks Dev
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2009, 10:24 AM   #4
firewired
Private First Class
4
Rep
177
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 M3 Sdn
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: San Antonio

iTrader: (0)

Seems so strange that Remus wouldn't offer that as an option. Do the connecting pipes have a big effect on the sound?
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2009, 10:30 AM   #5
Nate@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Nate@IND's Avatar
481
Rep
10,442
Posts


 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by firewired View Post
Seems so strange that Remus wouldn't offer that as an option. Do the connecting pipes have a big effect on the sound?
The connecting pipes will not change the tone. They are simply offered to make install more simple.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2009, 10:50 AM   #6
mtl88
Private First Class
United_States
2
Rep
104
Posts

 
Drives: 08 E90 M3 SSII
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Austin, Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate@IND View Post
The connecting pipes will not change the tone. They are simply offered to make install more simple.
Can you please quote me a price for connecting pipes for a 08 E90 M3 to 78737. If you carry Remus Sport, please include it in quote.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2009, 10:59 AM   #7
Notscott
Enlisted Member
United_States
0
Rep
32
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (0)

I would also like a quote on the exact same setup for an E92 to 33161, please. Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2009, 11:15 AM   #8
808MGuy
Colonel
808MGuy's Avatar
49
Rep
2,287
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E90 M3
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Oahu, Hawaii

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by firewired View Post
Sorry for the ignorant question, but I have never messed with the exhaust before.

I am thinking of the Remus Sport trying to get something that is subtle and a little like the exhaust note I liked in my RS4. If I buy oem connecting pipes
(?mid pipes), can I connect it to the Remus Sport so that it will be simply bolt on and I won't have to cut into the stock exhaust. What other pipes should I look at if this is doable? Will different pipes further effect the exhaust note?

Thanks for all your advice.
Be aware that Remus does not make an E90 specific exhaust so the tips will stick out quite a bit on an E90. I was looking into Remus as well until I found that out.
__________________
09 E90 M3 - Interlagos Blue / Black Novillo / Sycamore Anthracite / Eibach / HRE

Appreciate 0
      10-08-2009, 03:12 PM   #9
mtl88
Private First Class
United_States
2
Rep
104
Posts

 
Drives: 08 E90 M3 SSII
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Austin, Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808MGuy View Post
Be aware that Remus does not make an E90 specific exhaust so the tips will stick out quite a bit on an E90. I was looking into Remus as well until I found that out.
An option is to cut the tips, shorten them and weld them back on.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2009, 05:39 PM   #10
xxe92xx
Banned
18
Rep
783
Posts

 
Drives: 08 M3
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Milwaukee, WI

iTrader: (2)

juss get the eisenmann sport it will be a very nice sound and you can get the whole package muffler + connecting pipe...i suggest lookin at some vids before you go with remus
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2009, 10:47 PM   #11
firewired
Private First Class
4
Rep
177
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 M3 Sdn
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: San Antonio

iTrader: (0)

I thought they offered a E90 specific Remus Sport.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2009, 08:35 AM   #12
Jlnike
Second Lieutenant
2
Rep
261
Posts

 
Drives: 08 e90 m3 07 e90 328xi
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New York

iTrader: (1)

i think jlevi posted pics of a red e90 with remus sport adjustable tips.... i may be wrong but if it exists i'm a customer!

can anyone confirm?
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2009, 12:58 PM   #13
Ca$hOnly
Major
Ca$hOnly's Avatar
United_States
20
Rep
1,078
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In ur fridge, eatin ur foodz

iTrader: (5)

Just cut your stock exhaust. I was a bit weary at first as well, but then I realized how cheap used oem exhausts are. Connecting pipes cost $300+ and you can buy a used full stock exhaust for $50. No brainer imo.
__________________
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:01 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST