BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos
 
Race Precision Motorsport
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-12-2009, 08:16 AM   #23
all8up
Ironchef
 
Drives: C63 AMG
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Ashburn VA

Posts: 385
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2007 E90 335  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to all8up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkahtropolis View Post
I see Sflgator over on the C63 section of mbworld and I still hate his posting style there too.
To think I thought I was alone with those thoughts....
__________________
09 C63 AMG, Eurocharged Flash, Klassen Monoblocks
07 MDX tech/ent - family hauler
07 E90 335, UR Exh, Helix IC, Bav Sport Coils, iForged Swift- sold
E46 M3 - gone and always missed
02 WRX w/ STI swap - good riddens
all8up is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-12-2009, 08:59 AM   #24
OBI_agent
D to the X to the B!
 
OBI_agent's Avatar
 
Drives: ABS,American bargain supercar
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Dubai

Posts: 2,094
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickypaws View Post
If you want pics of boombastic's new B8 S4, look here: http://www.mbworld.org/forums/3754385-post34.html
Thanks Porsche Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post

Or put it another way, the difference between the 335i and the S4 is the equivalent between the S4 and the 550i, there is roughly the same difference in overall size. This isn't an excuse for the weight but might explain things better.
Good point.......! I guess you can't have everything (Light chassis with alot of leg *******
__________________
11 corvette C6
OBI_agent is offline   United Arab Emirates
0
Reply With Quote
      10-12-2009, 11:27 PM   #25
OverDrive
CHEAT TO WIN!!
 
OverDrive's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Toronto

Posts: 1,328
iTrader: (0)

you guys all talk about the extra weight of the S4 and yes, the stats are impressive when compared to the 335i, but you all seem to forget that the S4 makes up for the extra weight with 33 more hp and 25 more ft-lb of torque. Either way, it is a nice car.
Can't wait to see what BMW has in store to compete with this S4!!
________
F-SERIES SUPER DUTY
________
STARCRAFT II REPLAYS
________
Uggs
________
Halfbaked

Last edited by OverDrive; 04-14-2011 at 09:56 PM.
OverDrive is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      10-13-2009, 01:16 AM   #26
footie
Major General
 
footie's Avatar
 
Drives: ????????????
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: BMW M3 will get a V6TT

Posts: 7,507
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverDrive View Post
you guys all talk about the extra weight of the S4 and yes, the stats are impressive when compared to the 335i, but you all seem to forget that the S4 makes up for the extra weight with 33 more hp and 25 more ft-lb of torque. Either way, it is a nice car.
Can't wait to see what BMW has in store to compete with this S4!!
Many here would say (according to dyno figures ) that the S4 with it's awd system probably produces even less power at the wheels than a 335i, plus it also weighs more. Simple logic must either come to one or two conclusions based on the above.

1: It's producing way far power than stated. Something I do happen to agree with but it's the same for the 335i according to dyno tests conducted by some US magazines.

2: It's awd system simply produces false readings on dynos without the right calibration. Meaning that instead of a 25% drivetrain lose the true figure is much, much less and a lot closer to a rwd drivetrain than most people think.

No matter how you look at the two cars, the S4 is the quicker, both on the track, in acceleration and offers the more usable space. Whether BMW offer anything to compete is a similar question to whether they will try and compete against the RS5. Time will tell but with the new 3 series only 2 years away it's highly unlikely that anything other than minor tweaks will occur.
footie is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      10-13-2009, 07:37 AM   #27
boombastic
Private First Class
 
boombastic's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 AMS GT-R & Powerchip X5M
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NNJ

Posts: 181
iTrader: (1)

i agree. i still remember the push back feeling while was driving the 335i back then, or now the C63. the fast feeling from S4 is different. it doesnt push very hard, but it is fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
Many here would say (according to dyno figures ) that the S4 with it's awd system probably produces even less power at the wheels than a 335i, plus it also weighs more. Simple logic must either come to one or two conclusions based on the above.

1: It's producing way far power than stated. Something I do happen to agree with but it's the same for the 335i according to dyno tests conducted by some US magazines.

2: It's awd system simply produces false readings on dynos without the right calibration. Meaning that instead of a 25% drivetrain lose the true figure is much, much less and a lot closer to a rwd drivetrain than most people think.

No matter how you look at the two cars, the S4 is the quicker, both on the track, in acceleration and offers the more usable space. Whether BMW offer anything to compete is a similar question to whether they will try and compete against the RS5. Time will tell but with the new 3 series only 2 years away it's highly unlikely that anything other than minor tweaks will occur.
__________________
2010 GT-R Black/AMS custom ECU/AAM Competition Mid-pipe/HKS intake
2010 X5M Sliverstone(Tuned by Powerchip)
2009 AW/FR M3 COUPE:HP AUTOWERKS ECU, BMC FILTER, RPI SCOOPS,ROGUE ENG PULLEY(SOLD)
boombastic is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-13-2009, 10:39 AM   #28
OverDrive
CHEAT TO WIN!!
 
OverDrive's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Toronto

Posts: 1,328
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
Many here would say (according to dyno figures ) that the S4 with it's awd system probably produces even less power at the wheels than a 335i, plus it also weighs more. Simple logic must either come to one or two conclusions based on the above.

1: It's producing way far power than stated. Something I do happen to agree with but it's the same for the 335i according to dyno tests conducted by some US magazines.

2: It's awd system simply produces false readings on dynos without the right calibration. Meaning that instead of a 25% drivetrain lose the true figure is much, much less and a lot closer to a rwd drivetrain than most people think.

No matter how you look at the two cars, the S4 is the quicker, both on the track, in acceleration and offers the more usable space. Whether BMW offer anything to compete is a similar question to whether they will try and compete against the RS5. Time will tell but with the new 3 series only 2 years away it's highly unlikely that anything other than minor tweaks will occur.
I don't think the drivetrain loss due to the AWD makes that much of a difference since it will still end up with more power whether or not either car has been understated by the factory.

But anyhow, I love these rivalries between Audi and BMW. I can guarantee that the F30/35 3er will be far superior to the B8 A/S4 as I'm sure the next generation A/S4 will be superior to the F30/35 3er. The bottom line is, we as customers get to benefit from all of this!
________
HENRY FORD II SPECIFICATIONS
________
ANGELINA JOLIE NUDE
________
Lovely Wendie
________
YAMAHA YP400 MAJESTY SPECIFICATIONS

Last edited by OverDrive; 04-14-2011 at 09:57 PM.
OverDrive is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      10-13-2009, 11:15 AM   #29
footie
Major General
 
footie's Avatar
 
Drives: ????????????
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: BMW M3 will get a V6TT

Posts: 7,507
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverDrive View Post
I don't think the drivetrain loss due to the AWD makes that much of a difference since it will still end up with more power whether or not either car has been understated by the factory.

But anyhow, I love these rivalries between Audi and BMW. I can guarantee that the F30/35 3er will be far superior to the B8 A/S4 as I'm sure the next generation A/S4 will be superior to the F30/35 3er. The bottom line is, we as customers get to benefit from all of this!
I keep repeating this from time to time yet people still insist on calling me a badge troll.
footie is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      10-13-2009, 06:21 PM   #30
the infamous...
Relapsed Bimmerpost Addict
 
the infamous...'s Avatar
 
Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: PARADISE aka CANES COUNTRY

Posts: 17,536
iTrader: (0)

It's a beauty IMO.
__________________


"simple is clean" -The ///ModFather
the infamous... is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-13-2009, 08:28 PM   #31
boombastic
Private First Class
 
boombastic's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 AMS GT-R & Powerchip X5M
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NNJ

Posts: 181
iTrader: (1)

just posted on edmunds http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...hotopanel..1.*
__________________
2010 GT-R Black/AMS custom ECU/AAM Competition Mid-pipe/HKS intake
2010 X5M Sliverstone(Tuned by Powerchip)
2009 AW/FR M3 COUPE:HP AUTOWERKS ECU, BMC FILTER, RPI SCOOPS,ROGUE ENG PULLEY(SOLD)
boombastic is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-14-2009, 05:01 AM   #32
footie
Major General
 
footie's Avatar
 
Drives: ????????????
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: BMW M3 will get a V6TT

Posts: 7,507
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
[u2b]uULudWLWFP0&feature=player_embedded[/u2b]

Their title not mine, but it's an interesting test that does once again place the S4 firmly in front.
footie is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      10-14-2009, 05:50 AM   #33
blue2fire
Brigadier General
 
blue2fire's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 135i
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Location, Location, Location

Posts: 4,289
iTrader: (8)

That Yellow color is horrible. Dont know why people in the Audi Community think so much of it. Yes, it is rare but it needs to be looking like that.
__________________

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
blue2fire is offline   Cayman Islands
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:33 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST