BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

BPM Sport

09-25-2009, 07:27 PM   #1
scottwww
Brigadier General

Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Last Days

http://www.calvaryprophecy.com/

A sober an thorough study by Tim Roosenberg of the apocalypse can be found here.

offTopic - politics - ChoppedPhoto
scottwww is offline   United_States
      09-29-2009, 11:25 PM   #2
scottwww
Brigadier General

And I saw a beast coming out of the sea.

Revelation 13:1

13:1 And the dragon stood on the shore of the sea. And I saw a beast coming out of the sea. He had ten horns and seven heads, with ten crowns on his horns, and on each head a blasphemous name. 2 The beast I saw resembled a leopard, but had feet like those of a bear and a mouth like that of a lion. The dragon gave the beast his power and his throne and great authority. 3 One of the heads of the beast seemed to have had a fatal wound, but the fatal wound had been healed. The whole world was astonished and followed the beast. 4 Men worshipped the dragon because he had given authority to the beast, and they also worshipped the beast and asked, "Who is like the beast? Who can make war against him?"

5 The beast was given a mouth to utter proud words and blasphemies and to exercise his authority for forty-two months. 6 He opened his mouth to blaspheme God, and to slander his name and his dwelling place and those who live in heaven. 7 He was given power to make war against the saints and to conquer them. And he was given authority over every tribe, people, language and nation. 8 All inhabitants of the earth will worship the beast--all whose names have not been written in the book of life belonging to the Lamb that was slain from the creation of the world.

9 He who has an ear, let him hear. 10 If anyone is to go into captivity, into captivity he will go. If anyone is to be killed with the sword, with the sword he will be killed.

This calls for patient endurance and faithfulness on the part of the saints.
      09-30-2009, 08:08 AM   #3
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP

Garage List
2008 E82  [0.00]
      09-30-2009, 05:03 PM   #4
scottwww
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbook View Post
Do you fear the beast? Or will you welcome it's arrival?

10-04-2009, 02:04 PM   #5
Mighty M
First Lieutenant

Drives: 08 M3 Jerez/FR Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
Do you fear the beast? Or will you welcome it's arrival?

I am afraid for the people around you.
      10-05-2009, 12:31 AM   #6
Septro
Banned

Drives: '08 e90 335xi

Scott you are some kinda freaky.. and you post a link to where another blog is nothing but you posting to yourself.

If you are attempting to stoke a discussion about religion or the rapture, best to put that into what we call here 'Par-a-graphs'. Watching a video so that we can infer your opinion and then argument about the inference is a waste of time.

oh wait you're just trying to say Obama is the anit-christ.. nm this is a waste of time.
      10-05-2009, 09:23 AM   #7
scottwww
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Septro View Post
Scott you are some kinda freaky.. and you post a link to where another blog is nothing but you posting to yourself.

If you are attempting to stoke a discussion about religion or the rapture, best to put that into what we call here 'Par-a-graphs'. Watching a video so that we can infer your opinion and then argument about the inference is a waste of time.

oh wait you're just trying to say Obama is the anit-christ.. nm this is a waste of time.
Hey Septro, the other blog is a good repository for putting stuff I have interest in. It's easier for me to find stuff there and refer to it than from my local machine. I like the forum format. I also lost another hard drive a few months ago on my computer. Some stuff that I have saved on the blog and on e90post are the only copies I have any longer of some stuff. I expect to make even more use of the other blog to store stuff as it is more reliable than my local machine. It is not an advertised website. I don't expect others to just find it, though there was some amount of interest in it especially during the last election cycle. Anyone is welcome to use it, except spam will be deleted.

I am interested in Bible prophesy. We are in the end times. Just who or what is the beast, I do not know. It is interesting to contemplate the signs and to postulate about identities of the players. One could imply that Obama is the beast. Perhaps he is. It's too early to know. Some speculated that GWB was the antichrist. They said that about Bill Clinton. It was rampant about Ronald Reagan. The best thing is to be prepared for the day of the rapture of the church. If others take an interest in the last days in Revelation, then I am interested in discussing it. My understanding of it is limited as I have not studied it in great detail. Though the study by Tim Roosenberg I had referred to is quite good.

Whether Obama has a place in prophesy could be interesting to ponder, but I am not convinced of his role at this point. He appears to have a messianic self concept that is being picked up by the public and the media. I have not studied this aspect, but I think the beast is expected to come from the East, not Hawaii or Africa. Correct me if I am wrong. Discuss if interested.

Last edited by scottwww; 10-05-2009 at 09:39 AM.
      10-05-2009, 10:35 AM   #8
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner

Drives: E90 325i Arctic

My brother is the A/C, just ask him

Seriously, prophecy states the A/C will be born in Jerusalem, IIRC.

Maybe THAT'S the real reason Obama sealed his birth certificate???
UncleWede is offline   United_States
      10-05-2009, 10:40 AM   #9
scottwww
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
My brother is the A/C, just ask him

Seriously, prophecy states the A/C will be born in Jerusalem, IIRC.

Maybe THAT'S the real reason Obama sealed his birth certificate???
      10-05-2009, 10:49 AM   #10
ruxp
Captain

Drives: 2008 BMW 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww
It is interesting to contemplate the signs and to postulate about identities of the players. One could imply that Obama is the beast. Perhaps he is. It's too early to know. Some speculated that GWB was the antichrist. They said that about Bill Clinton. It was rampant about Ronald Reagan.
Yeah, nutcase history tends to repeat itself.

People like you must be a real embarrassment to Christian scholars of eschatology.
      10-05-2009, 11:16 AM   #11
scottwww
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruxp View Post
Yeah, nutcase history tends to repeat itself.

People like you must be a real embarrassment to Christian scholars of eschatology.
I don't think I have at any time past or present indicated who is the anti christ. Do you have some idea of who it is? I don't make any claim of being a scholar. This thread was created to see if there is room in the Politics and Religion forum for a discussion of end times prophesy. Perhaps we can have a greater understanding of the signs of the end times.

What is your interpretation of the Revelation?

10-05-2009, 12:02 PM   #12
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner

Drives: E90 325i Arctic

There are many times in history when the end was near. Probably the closest to the details in Rev. was when Moses set teh plagues on Pharoh. Yet nothing has happened yet.

I fully expect, if it happens during my time on this earth, to be in the group that avoids being Left Behind. As much of my information on Rev comes from that series as from the actual biblical reading.

Things that do seem to be culminating now, but aren't there yet: 1 world currency, all electronic. Some Arab nation protecting Isreal. Sex and violence on TV. Vegas as a "family vacation" spot.
UncleWede is offline   United_States
      10-05-2009, 12:20 PM   #13
scottwww
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
There are many times in history when the end was near. Probably the closest to the details in Rev. was when Moses set teh plagues on Pharoh. Yet nothing has happened yet.

I fully expect, if it happens during my time on this earth, to be in the group that avoids being Left Behind. As much of my information on Rev comes from that series as from the actual biblical reading.

Things that do seem to be culminating now, but aren't there yet: 1 world currency, all electronic. Some Arab nation protecting Isreal. Sex and violence on TV. Vegas as a "family vacation" spot.
I've watched a couple of the Left Behind movies. I don't think I caught them in sequence. How many are there? Never did read the books.

My impression is that the fictional accounts tend to be less intense than a study of the scripture itself. When I listened to Tim Roosenberg's presentations, I found that to be very good. I'll have to revisit that study again. Also, I received mail just before I created this thread that Roosenberg would be doing another course on the Revelation. I may want to catch that one.

10-05-2009, 05:46 PM   #14
ruxp
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
I don't think I have at any time past or present indicated who is the anti christ. Do you have some idea of who it is? I don't make any claim of being a scholar. This thread was created to see if there is room in the Politics and Religion forum for a discussion of end times prophesy. Perhaps we can have a greater understanding of the signs of the end times.

What is your interpretation of the Revelation?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_eschatology

that's a pretty basic breakdown, but you can follow links & learn more from there
      10-05-2009, 06:43 PM   #15
scottwww
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruxp View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_eschatology

that's a pretty basic breakdown, but you can follow links & learn more from there
Then he further asked, "When will the Hour be established?" Allah's Apostle replied, "The answerer has no better knowledge than the questioner. But I will inform you about its portents.
  • When a slave (lady) gives birth to her master.
  • When the shepherds of black camels start boasting and competing with others in the construction of higher buildings. And the Hour is one of five things which nobody knows except Allah.
The Prophet then recited: "Verily, with Allah (Alone) is the knowledge of the Hour--." (31. 34)
Can you explain the two bullet points? I don't know what to make of them.
The messianic era comes after Jesus kills ad-Dajjal, the antichrist figure in Islam, and defeats his followers.
What I can gather from the link here the Masih ad-Dajjal or "anti-christ" will include these characteristics:
  • right eye will be damaged or blind
  • he will have the word kufr (disbelief) on his forehead
  • very curly hair
  • resembling Ibn Qatan in appearance
  • he will claim to be God
  • he will come out riding on a 'donkey', which will have a distance of one mile between its two ears
  • he will claim to have come with the gifts of paradise and arsenal of hell
  • there will be big mountains of smoke at both front and backsides of his caravan
  • he will be riding on a huge white coloured 'donkey' who will cover a mile in a single stride
  • he will call upon people in a loud voice, "O my friends come to me! I am your lord who has made your limbs and given you sustenance
Is this list accurate? Should it be amended? Any other useful information?
      10-06-2009, 12:27 AM   #16
sayemthree
Brigadier General

Drives: bmw

have you studied Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's beliefs? he beleives that he can and should bring about the end of the world and the coming of his prophet by causing wars, genocide and suffering on earth. including the anhilation of Isreal. and the sooner the better. he even says he has spoken to his messiah. this guy is wacko.
      10-06-2009, 03:17 AM   #17
ruxp
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayemthree View Post
have you studied Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's beliefs? he beleives that he can and should bring about the end of the world and the coming of his prophet by causing wars, genocide and suffering on earth. including the anhilation of Isreal. and the sooner the better. he even says he has spoken to his messiah. this guy is wacko.
a) Judging from your posts, I can say with total confidence that you haven't studied Ahmadinejad's beliefs and don't know the first thing about them.

b) Replace "annihilation of Israel" with "expansion of Israel" or "destruction of Palestine" and your entire paragraph applies perfectly to most members of the American Religious Right.