BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion
 
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-26-2009, 11:42 AM   #23
scottwww
Brigadier General
 
scottwww's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: USA

Posts: 4,759
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruxp View Post
I've actually heard it's for ALL WHITE MALES, and while they're all in concentration camps, he's going to tax them at 75% and give their land to Mexicans!!!!1
That's HORRIBLE! Tell more.

When Obama toured the Buchenwald concentration camp in Germany did he carry a tape measure?
scottwww is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-27-2009, 05:11 AM   #24
ruxp
Captain
 
Drives: 2008 BMW 335xi
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Minneapolis

Posts: 700
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexAg06 View Post
every dumbass lib rolls out the patriot act ignoring the fact that every single thing in it was already being done in some form it just consolidated it in one document, ignoring the fact that congress overwhelming voted for it i.e. dems.

next time you throw out the word idiot, make sure aren't posting like one already.
No, not "every single thing in it" was being done in some form. But even if it was, and even if Democrats voted for it, how does that change or excuse the fact that Bush & his party were behind it & that Bush & his party pushed for its renewal?

The claim was made that Democrats are taking away people's freedoms. But when Bush does it, it's ok, because he "loves his country." What a childish & emotionalist perspective..
ruxp is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-27-2009, 07:53 AM   #25
shpirate87
Captain
 
Drives: 335ix
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NJ

Posts: 706
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruxp View Post
No, not "every single thing in it" was being done in some form. But even if it was, and even if Democrats voted for it, how does that change or excuse the fact that Bush & his party were behind it & that Bush & his party pushed for its renewal?

The claim was made that Democrats are taking away people's freedoms. But when Bush does it, it's ok, because he "loves his country." What a childish & emotionalist perspective..
The Patriot Act did not take away any freedoms, that is the point.
shpirate87 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-27-2009, 09:50 AM   #26
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
 
southlight's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Germany

Posts: 6,747
iTrader: (0)

Guys, let me remind you to keep the discussion civil. Otherwise I'd have to close this thread.


Best regards,
south
__________________
Those forums...WHY NOT?


JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
southlight is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-27-2009, 11:02 AM   #27
stylinexpat
Captain
 
stylinexpat's Avatar
 
Drives:
Join Date: Aug 2008

Posts: 805
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayemthree View Post
Amid his rant, Gadhafi praised President Obama, who spoke just before him. He began his speech by congratulating Obama on his election. Later he referred to him as "our son" and suggested he remain in power for life.

in the 80's we tried to kill him for sponsering terrorism. he also hugged the lockerby bomber who killed hundreds of innocent people.
I remember when our president hugged Ariel Sharon when he came to the US and called him an allie and a friend of the American people although Karma has caught up with him now. In case you forgot USS liberty was attacked and many Americans died.

http://www.rense.com/general39/pilot.htm

US leaders also hugged and welcomed this same man (Guilty of war crimes of which he refused to stand trial for in an international court) who came to the US.
stylinexpat is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-27-2009, 01:59 PM   #28
TexAg06
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2007 E90
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 231
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruxp View Post
No, not "every single thing in it" was being done in some form. But even if it was, and even if Democrats voted for it, how does that change or excuse the fact that Bush & his party were behind it & that Bush & his party pushed for its renewal?

The claim was made that Democrats are taking away people's freedoms. But when Bush does it, it's ok, because he "loves his country." What a childish & emotionalist perspective..
again, you show your ignorance.
TexAg06 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-27-2009, 06:09 PM   #29
shpirate87
Captain
 
Drives: 335ix
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NJ

Posts: 706
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylinexpat View Post
I remember when our president hugged Ariel Sharon when he came to the US and called him an allie and a friend of the American people although Karma has caught up with him now. In case you forgot USS liberty was attacked and many Americans died.

http://www.rense.com/general39/pilot.htm

US leaders also hugged and welcomed this same man (Guilty of war crimes of which he refused to stand trial for in an international court) who came to the US.
Ah yes, Ariel Sharon, the man guilty of "having disregarded the prospect" that one group of Arabs would slaughter another group of Arabs...

Also, if he has NOT stood trial, how is he guilty? Maybe where you come from the verdict is first and trial second?

Last edited by shpirate87; 09-27-2009 at 06:40 PM.
shpirate87 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-27-2009, 10:12 PM   #30
ruxp
Captain
 
Drives: 2008 BMW 335xi
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Minneapolis

Posts: 700
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexAg06 View Post
again, you show your ignorance.
Great rebuttal, bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpirate87 View Post
The Patriot Act did not take away any freedoms, that is the point.
Every single thing in the Patriot Act was not "being done in some form," so yes, it did take away and curtail freedoms and privacy.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig6/napolitano2.html

Aside from that, even if those things were being done in some fashion or another, Bush clearly was behind formalized legislation making these uncontestable privileges of government.

Which freedoms has Obama taken away thus far, btw?
ruxp is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-27-2009, 10:53 PM   #31
shpirate87
Captain
 
Drives: 335ix
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NJ

Posts: 706
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruxp View Post
Great rebuttal, bro!



Every single thing in the Patriot Act was not "being done in some form," so yes, it did take away and curtail freedoms and privacy.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig6/napolitano2.html

Aside from that, even if those things were being done in some fashion or another, Bush clearly was behind formalized legislation making these uncontestable privileges of government.

Which freedoms has Obama taken away thus far, btw?
Have I ever claimed Obama has taken away freedoms? He is trying though.

Nothing in the Patriot Act is incontestable, the courts still exist.
shpirate87 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-27-2009, 11:14 PM   #32
scottwww
Brigadier General
 
scottwww's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: USA

Posts: 4,759
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruxp View Post
Not really. Qaddafi made a calculated political move, the kind he's been known for since the 1970s. If you had more than a very superficial understanding of who he was as a leader, that would be readily apparent.
I have only a superficial understanding of Qaddafi. What would you have to say about him to fill out that understanding a little more?
__________________
2007 BMW 335i E92, Montego Blue on Cream Beige, MT, ZSP, ZPP, CA, PDC, CWP and Style 188 for winter

offTopic - politics - ChoppedPhoto
scottwww is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-28-2009, 11:25 AM   #33
stylinexpat
Captain
 
stylinexpat's Avatar
 
Drives:
Join Date: Aug 2008

Posts: 805
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpirate87 View Post
Ah yes, Ariel Sharon, the man guilty of "having disregarded the prospect" that one group of Arabs would slaughter another group of Arabs...

Also, if he has NOT stood trial, how is he guilty? Maybe where you come from the verdict is first and trial second?
When someone denies the Holocaust there are many that get upset and yet it is funny to see how one can deny the war crimes that Ariel Sharon committed Those that have been accused of war crimes have refused to stand trial in an international court.
stylinexpat is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-28-2009, 02:24 PM   #34
shpirate87
Captain
 
Drives: 335ix
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NJ

Posts: 706
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylinexpat View Post
When someone denies the Holocaust there are many that get upset and yet it is funny to see how one can deny the war crimes that Ariel Sharon committed Those that have been accused of war crimes have refused to stand trial in an international court.
Are you honestly comparing Holocaust denial to denying that Sharon (as Defense Minister) had some legal obligation to prevent Phalangist militiamen from taking revenge for the assassination of their leader?

Israel (like the US) has not accepted the jurisdiction of the International Criminal Court. Which international court do you think he should stand trial in? Seeing as he is in a coma, how could he assist in his own defense?
shpirate87 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-02-2009, 12:40 AM   #35
sayemthree
Brigadier General
 
sayemthree's Avatar
 
Drives: bmw
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: usa

Posts: 4,844
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexAg06 View Post
next time you throw out the word idiot, make sure aren't posting like one already.
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sayemthree is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-02-2009, 07:08 AM   #36
jaiman
Captain
 
Drives: very fast
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Toronto

Posts: 657
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayemthree View Post
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have you never heard the proverb about people who live in fragile, transparent domiciles not wanting to propel naturally occurring solid aggregates of minerals in the direction of others fragile and transparent domiciles?
jaiman is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:47 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST