BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....
 
PYSPEED
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-12-2009, 09:48 PM   #89
M3 vert
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
40

 
M3 vert's Avatar
 
Drives: E93 M3, '12 750ix, 760Li Ind.
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Everywhere...


Posts: 1,793
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken_arrow View Post
Love my CLS63, but for similar price, I'd rather have a 4.7L Aston Martin V8 Vantage....
Ameen to that

I love my M but the Aston is pretty sweet.

But if I could have any aston i would skip the db9 and get the dbs, something about that car
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2009, 12:00 AM   #90
broken_arrow
Private
1

 
Drives: M6 cab
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toronto/Mississauga


Posts: 90
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 vert View Post
Ameen to that

I love my M but the Aston is pretty sweet.

But if I could have any aston i would skip the db9 and get the dbs, something about that car
DBS is gorgeous! Saw a silver one in Yorkville last week... SPEECHLESS!
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2009, 12:05 AM   #91
xquizit
818
Iran
11

 
xquizit's Avatar
 
Drives: his parents crazy
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Los Angeles


Posts: 610
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to xquizit
Waiting for the x6m! I have high hopes, because it might be the ultimate DD for me.
__________________

I miss my e90 330i
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2009, 09:43 AM   #92
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
74

 
KonigsTiger's Avatar
 
Drives: E92M3 RS46 Club Sport, others
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dweller


Posts: 4,398
iTrader: (0)

How about the CL63 AMG?
Attached Images
  
__________________
==================================================
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2009, 09:55 AM   #93
SlammedR8
Brigadier General
Canada
181

 
SlammedR8's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Audi R8 V10 +2013 Audi S4
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Toronto


Posts: 4,937
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via MSN to SlammedR8
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonigsTiger View Post
How about the CL63 AMG?
GREAT CHOICE!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2009, 10:10 AM   #94
BRDHNTR
Ground Pilot
United_States
18

 
BRDHNTR's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 BMW M3
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Waverly, PA


Posts: 549
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2002 M3  [0.00]
2008 e92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonigsTiger View Post
How about the CL63 AMG?
I don't want to be an ass, but I am very sure the interior picture isn't from a CL63 as there is a V12 badge in the middle there and 63 has a V8. Besides why get the 63 when they make a 65? The question is any car in the world, so the price difference should matter in my dreams.
__________________
"The laws of physics cannot be repealed, even with DSC." - BMW Owner's Manual

Appreciate 0
      10-13-2009, 10:12 AM   #95
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
74

 
KonigsTiger's Avatar
 
Drives: E92M3 RS46 Club Sport, others
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dweller


Posts: 4,398
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRDHNTR View Post
I don't want to be an ass, but I am very sure the interior picture isn't from a CL63 as there is a V12 badge in the middle there and 63 has a V8. Besides why get the 63 when they make a 65? The question is any car in the world, so the price difference should matter in my dreams.
Good point, CL65 AMG then it shall be.
__________________
==================================================
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2009, 10:36 AM   #96
kmac1980
Major
27

 
Drives: '11 535xi, (former '08 M3)
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: toronto


Posts: 1,025
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonigsTiger View Post
Good point, CL65 AMG then it shall be.

Really nice car, the only thing I don't like about it is the back-end...reminds me of a nissan altima coupe or accord backend somehow..

and what's with all the Aston choices here, I guess if you love the looks of them, I think performance wise they can't hang with their competitors.... overpriced jaguar/fords (i know they're not ford anymore, but the legacy in the design/engineering remains) if you ask me!

Surprised no one has gone with the maserati granturismo, that seems like a pretty liveable daily driver for warm weather places (not too raw/harsh like a GT3)
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2009, 10:36 AM   #97
GT3 Tim
Moderator
United_States
51

 
GT3 Tim's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sacramento, CA


Posts: 1,897
iTrader: (0)

I would get a Veyron. You did say "any" car in the world.....that is what I would roll in.
__________________
Tim (apparently likes "3" cars)
E90 M3 -- Current ride
2004 GT3 -- Sold
1997 M3/4 -- Sold
1995 M3 -- Sold
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2009, 01:26 PM   #98
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
74

 
KonigsTiger's Avatar
 
Drives: E92M3 RS46 Club Sport, others
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dweller


Posts: 4,398
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT3 Tim View Post
I would get a Veyron. You did say "any" car in the world.....that is what I would roll in.
Hahaha!
__________________
==================================================
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2009, 07:53 PM   #99
erock841
New Member
United_States
1

 
Drives: '78 911 Targa
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NJ


Posts: 17
iTrader: (0)

SL63 AMG Black Series or CLK63 AMG Black Series for me. I don't know what it is but both those cars make me drool.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2009, 11:56 PM   #100
M3 vert
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
40

 
M3 vert's Avatar
 
Drives: E93 M3, '12 750ix, 760Li Ind.
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Everywhere...


Posts: 1,793
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by erock841 View Post
SL63 AMG Black Series or CLK63 AMG Black Series for me. I don't know what it is but both those cars make me drool.
ahem ahem u mean the SL65 AMG BLACK SERIES
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2009, 11:57 PM   #101
M3 vert
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
40

 
M3 vert's Avatar
 
Drives: E93 M3, '12 750ix, 760Li Ind.
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Everywhere...


Posts: 1,793
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmac1980 View Post
Really nice car, the only thing I don't like about it is the back-end...reminds me of a nissan altima coupe or accord backend somehow..

and what's with all the Aston choices here, I guess if you love the looks of them, I think performance wise they can't hang with their competitors.... overpriced jaguar/fords (i know they're not ford anymore, but the legacy in the design/engineering remains) if you ask me!

Surprised no one has gone with the maserati granturismo, that seems like a pretty liveable daily driver for warm weather places (not too raw/harsh like a GT3)
The Astons are great vehicles and if you have short commuter distances, can easily be used for DD! and obviously in winter u can drive the X6M
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2009, 11:58 PM   #102
M3 vert
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
40

 
M3 vert's Avatar
 
Drives: E93 M3, '12 750ix, 760Li Ind.
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Everywhere...


Posts: 1,793
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken_arrow View Post
DBS is gorgeous! Saw a silver one in Yorkville last week... SPEECHLESS!
That car leaves everyone speechless, the sound is epic, the looks to die for!
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2009, 08:21 AM   #103
kmac1980
Major
27

 
Drives: '11 535xi, (former '08 M3)
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: toronto


Posts: 1,025
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 vert View Post
The Astons are great vehicles and if you have short commuter distances, can easily be used for DD! and obviously in winter u can drive the X6M
I never said an Aston isnt a DD, I think it easily is, I see a guy in my parking garage who drives a DB9 everyday to work.

I just meant, for the price im not a huge fan of the car... aside from the looks, it has a lot of jaguar/ford technology in it

It was the porsche GT3, I feel ISNT a DD, too harsh (awsome car though)
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2009, 04:12 AM   #104
M3 vert
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
40

 
M3 vert's Avatar
 
Drives: E93 M3, '12 750ix, 760Li Ind.
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Everywhere...


Posts: 1,793
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmac1980 View Post
I never said an Aston isnt a DD, I think it easily is, I see a guy in my parking garage who drives a DB9 everyday to work.

I just meant, for the price im not a huge fan of the car... aside from the looks, it has a lot of jaguar/ford technology in it

It was the porsche GT3, I feel ISNT a DD, too harsh (awsome car though)
Your right! especially if ur comparing them new!

The DB9 isnt anything special, I would save that money and get the Vantage Roadster! and use the rest to get a nice winter beater, considering ur spending just north of $200K
(50K infact will get me a pretty sweet ride! , considering the vantage is 160K+50K = DB9 Volante!)
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2009, 11:24 AM   #105
imposss
Lieutenant
Canada
29

 
Drives: F10 535i Msport
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Montreal


Posts: 415
iTrader: (0)

For daily driver I would go with slr
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2009, 11:24 PM   #106
Optherion
Lieutenant
United_States
9

 
Optherion's Avatar
 
Drives: Prancing Horse
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: SoCal & Vegas


Posts: 472
iTrader: (0)

carrera gt. the sound is intoxicating.
__________________
Current Stable: Some Audi with a V10, Couple of BMW's, one F Car, and one P car. One lonely GT-R with all the Euros.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2009, 11:26 PM   #107
Optherion
Lieutenant
United_States
9

 
Optherion's Avatar
 
Drives: Prancing Horse
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: SoCal & Vegas


Posts: 472
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmac1980 View Post
It was the porsche GT3, I feel ISNT a DD, too harsh (awsome car though)
?? Hm I had one for a week and drove it for about 1500 miles and took it on a trip for 6 hours. I thought it was more comfortable than my ZR1 and GT-R. It was a very confident ride. I drove a regular carrera after though, and it felt like a boat lol
__________________
Current Stable: Some Audi with a V10, Couple of BMW's, one F Car, and one P car. One lonely GT-R with all the Euros.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2009, 08:27 PM   #108
lopealle
Resident Black Guy
Zimbabwe
101

 
lopealle's Avatar
 
Drives: Lion
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Federal Way, WA


Posts: 2,245
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2006 M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvd.kevin View Post
car porn!
hard core car porn
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2009, 08:38 PM   #109
lopealle
Resident Black Guy
Zimbabwe
101

 
lopealle's Avatar
 
Drives: Lion
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Federal Way, WA


Posts: 2,245
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2006 M5  [5.00]
i would go with a alpina 7
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2009, 11:25 AM   #110
jamie
Enlisted Member
Canada
2

 
Drives: A few
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Burlington, Ontario/Marco Island, Fl.


Posts: 45
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optherion View Post
carrera gt. the sound is intoxicating.
Terrible as a daily. I'd take an S65.
__________________
2012 M5
2011 997TT S Cab
2010 335i Cab
2003 e39 M5
2004 Carrera GT
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:22 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST