BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews
 
Velos Designwerks
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-16-2009, 10:29 AM   #1
firewired
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2010 M3 Sdn
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: San Antonio

Posts: 177
iTrader: (0)

OC changes

In the past on previous orders the OC tracking would display where in the production process our order was, such as in paint or body shop, etc..

Now for some reason it only displays in production. I wonder why BMWNA thought giving less information would be a better.
firewired is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-16-2009, 11:44 AM   #2
SpencerM3
Sauce
 
SpencerM3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 SSII E90 M3
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 2,026
iTrader: (1)

Cheaper would be my guess?

What is even more annoying is that sometimes the options you have A) Change and B) Don't show up at all.

Seems like some gusy here have had trouble seeing the DCT and or 19" wheel option. Mione showed it, but when I signed on today, it didn't show any of the options
__________________
2009 E90 M3 | Silverstone II | Black Novillo | HRE P40's | Akrapovic Exhaust | Eibach Pro Kit | Jet Black Kidney Grilles | SSII Side Reflectors | SSII Side Gills | LUX H8 Angel Eyes | Macht Schnell Filter | Tecnocraft Envy Charge Pipe

"M3 drivers have no friends." - Jeremy Clarkson
SpencerM3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-16-2009, 01:34 PM   #3
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
 
Drives: .
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: .

Posts: 4,643
iTrader: (0)

I got frustrated about the same thing.
Nawaaz is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-16-2009, 01:44 PM   #4
Cabinetman
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2012 IS-F
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Keller, TX

Posts: 432
iTrader: (0)

I just call the 800 number. It appears to be more accurate.

I just called a minute ago and my car is at the port waiting on a ship. Hopefully it will catch a ride soon.
Cabinetman is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-16-2009, 02:31 PM   #5
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
 
Drives: .
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: .

Posts: 4,643
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabinetman View Post
I just call the 800 number. It appears to be more accurate.

I just called a minute ago and my car is at the port waiting on a ship. Hopefully it will catch a ride soon.
I called the 800 # a few times during my order, and they said that my CA at the dealership would have more up-to-date info on the status of my M3...

Overall, I was disappointed since my SA/dealer didn't bother to even call me ONCE by themselves, to let me know of the status during my order.
Nawaaz is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-16-2009, 03:29 PM   #6
Cabinetman
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2012 IS-F
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Keller, TX

Posts: 432
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawaaz View Post
I called the 800 # a few times during my order, and they said that my CA at the dealership would have more up-to-date info on the status of my M3...

Overall, I was disappointed since my SA/dealer didn't bother to even call me ONCE by themselves, to let me know of the status during my order.
My dealer hasn't called me with updates, but I do get a quick response when I email my CA. I ordered my car through Autobahn in Fort Worth. Who did you go through?
Cabinetman is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-16-2009, 07:56 PM   #7
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
 
Drives: .
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: .

Posts: 4,643
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabinetman View Post
My dealer hasn't called me with updates, but I do get a quick response when I email my CA. I ordered my car through Autobahn in Fort Worth. Who did you go through?
I went with Moritz. They gave me the best price out of all the local dealers, so I'm not gonna complain.
Nawaaz is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-16-2009, 08:37 PM   #8
Jdebitjr
First Lieutenant
 
Jdebitjr's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 M3 Sedan
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: DFW, Texas

Posts: 301
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabinetman View Post
I just call the 800 number. It appears to be more accurate.

I just called a minute ago and my car is at the port waiting on a ship. Hopefully it will catch a ride soon.

+1

The 1-800 number was always more accurate and more detailed.
Jdebitjr is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-17-2009, 01:10 PM   #9
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
 
Drives: .
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: .

Posts: 4,643
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdebitjr View Post
+1

The 1-800 number was always more accurate and more detailed.
hmmmmm.....I should've known.
Nawaaz is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-17-2009, 04:59 PM   #10
dvn
Lieutenant
 
dvn's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 BMW M3 Coupe
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Seattle, WA

Posts: 409
iTrader: (4)

Does anyone know about how long it takes for a car to be built?

I'm supposed to go pay for my car (ED order) but I do not yet have a VIN. I was told that a VIN wouldn't be assigned until the car goes into production. Well my car is scheduled to be picked up on 10/16 which is less than a month away.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
__________________
2010 M3 | White/Black/Carbon | iForged | Nitto | Eibach | Encore Innovation | Vorsteiner | Revinora
dvn is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-17-2009, 05:49 PM   #11
Cabinetman
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2012 IS-F
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Keller, TX

Posts: 432
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvn View Post
Does anyone know about how long it takes for a car to be built?

I'm supposed to go pay for my car (ED order) but I do not yet have a VIN. I was told that a VIN wouldn't be assigned until the car goes into production. Well my car is scheduled to be picked up on 10/16 which is less than a month away.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
Mine took 6 days.
Cabinetman is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-17-2009, 09:43 PM   #12
firewired
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2010 M3 Sdn
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: San Antonio

Posts: 177
iTrader: (0)

Mine has been in production since 9/11, just got to body shop today, estimated to be finished on 9/21
firewired is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-17-2009, 09:54 PM   #13
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
 
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe, 2012 ML350
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Lake Oswego, OR

Posts: 7,239
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvn View Post
Does anyone know about how long it takes for a car to be built?

I'm supposed to go pay for my car (ED order) but I do not yet have a VIN. I was told that a VIN wouldn't be assigned until the car goes into production. Well my car is scheduled to be picked up on 10/16 which is less than a month away.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
Build take about 1 week. Yours should be going soon.
__________________

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2008 M3 Coupe - Alpine/Fox Red/Carbon
2015 M4 coupe on order
GregW / Oregon is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-18-2009, 09:00 AM   #14
dvn
Lieutenant
 
dvn's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 BMW M3 Coupe
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Seattle, WA

Posts: 409
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabinetman View Post
Mine took 6 days.
Wow, nice!
__________________
2010 M3 | White/Black/Carbon | iForged | Nitto | Eibach | Encore Innovation | Vorsteiner | Revinora
dvn is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-18-2009, 11:57 AM   #15
firewired
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2010 M3 Sdn
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: San Antonio

Posts: 177
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
Build take about 1 week. Yours should be going soon.
Mine went into production 9/11
on day 6 (9/17) body shop
day 7 (9/18) paint shop

Interesting the variability. I did note that the automated system on OC seems to be one day behind speaking to an actual rep. My completion day still lists on 9/21. Be amazing if it can go through the whole rest of the process in three days.
firewired is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-18-2009, 11:59 AM   #16
Cabinetman
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2012 IS-F
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Keller, TX

Posts: 432
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by firewired View Post
Mine went into production 9/11
on day 6 (9/17) body shop
day 7 (9/18) paint shop

Interesting the variability. I did note that the automated system on OC seems to be one day behind speaking to an actual rep. My completion day still lists on 9/21. Be amazing if it can go through the whole rest of the process in three days.
When I called the 800 number during production in one day it went from being in the paint shop to being transported to the port of exit. Maybe they didn't fully assemble my car after paint. I better get a better deal if there is some assembly required!
Cabinetman is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-18-2009, 12:01 PM   #17
firewired
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2010 M3 Sdn
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: San Antonio

Posts: 177
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabinetman View Post
When I called the 800 number during production in one day it went from being in the paint shop to being transported to the port of exit. Maybe they didn't fully assemble my car after paint. I better get a better deal if there is some assembly required!

I hope that they are behind on updating the system on mine also. How long does it take from plant to port, 3 - 4 days?
firewired is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-18-2009, 12:03 PM   #18
Cabinetman
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2012 IS-F
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Keller, TX

Posts: 432
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by firewired View Post
I hope that they are behind on updating the system on mine also. How long does it take from plant to port, 3 - 4 days?
Mine took 3 days to get to the port and 3 more to get on a ship.
Cabinetman is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:53 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST