BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-15-2009, 10:58 PM   #1
Nixon
Banned
19

 
Drives: :
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: :


Posts: 1,396
iTrader: (0)

Tea party fakes pictures to pretend they got bigger crowds

Glen "Harold Hill" Beck and others tried to pass off an old photo as if it were the actual 2009 "9-12" teaparty protest, and get nailed for fabricating photo evidence:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/wash...is-a-fake.html

When cornered with the facts, they withdrew the photos, but blamed others for their own failures to do any fact-checking. Who would have guessed that a photo spread via the fact-free right-wing auto-email forwarding circle-jerk would have ever been wrong?

Appreciate 0
      09-15-2009, 11:14 PM   #2
TMNT
Captain
38

 
Drives: 330ci ZHP
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: VA


Posts: 875
iTrader: (0)

All these teabaggers said that there were over 1 million people there

Like I said earlier...I was there in person, no way in hell was there even 80,000 people.

For example, here is a couple pics I took of the Inaugration Parade earlier this year where it was expected that 600,000-800,000 attended. No way in hell 1 million people were at this tea bagging event


Appreciate 0
      09-15-2009, 11:33 PM   #3
lib
Major
37

 
lib's Avatar
 
Drives: <This space for rent>
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: ATX


Posts: 1,405
iTrader: (0)

Yeah, the photo in that LA Times article was up for about a day then pulled because it was from some event a few years ago. The only live aerial shot I saw when I flipped on the TV that day was this one. It was a live feed from a traffic cam on CNN or MSNBC (I think MSNBC but I was channel surfing a bit).
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2009, 11:38 PM   #4
Septro
Banned
26

 
Drives: '08 e90 335xi
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: C-Bus, OH


Posts: 1,649
iTrader: (1)

Im not sure what 'facts' you are attempting to pass off about Beck passing off the wrong photos. Some blogs used the cristian rally of 1997 photo and other blogs linked to it. Folks that were actually there and that were also at the Obama's inauguration stated about half of the size of crowd from Obama's inag was the closest estimate.

Maybe you got your story about Beck from here? Very reputable source..

The timelapsed photos show a pretty dam good size crowd:



Better yet - the actual map used by the Park Service to estimate crowds in the national mall is here:
Name:  crowd.jpg
Views: 383
Size:  48.6 KB


Talk to two of your dem friends on their estimates of the crowd.. Plenty of pics there of the actual crowd. Seems like they were pretty dam close if not over the 1million mark and some change. The truth always get in the way of your diatribes.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2009, 12:49 AM   #5
Nixon
Banned
19

 
Drives: :
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: :


Posts: 1,396
iTrader: (0)

What is your point in posting a video of a STREET (Penn Ave) and then posting a graphic of the MALL?

You do understand the difference between Penn Ave, and the National Mall, right?

And I'm not making ANY number count of my own, just pointing out how the right-wing email chain nutters got it wrong with fabricated evidence....

AGAIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Septro View Post
Im not sure what 'facts' you are attempting to pass off about Beck passing off the wrong photos. Some blogs used the cristian rally of 1997 photo and other blogs linked to it. Folks that were actually there and that were also at the Obama's inauguration stated about half of the size of crowd from Obama's inag was the closest estimate.

Maybe you got your story about Beck from here? Very reputable source..

The timelapsed photos show a pretty dam good size crowd:



Better yet - the actual map used by the Park Service to estimate crowds in the national mall is here:
Attachment 306594


Talk to two of your dem friends on their estimates of the crowd.. Plenty of pics there of the actual crowd. Seems like they were pretty dam close if not over the 1million mark and some change. The truth always get in the way of your diatribes.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2009, 01:26 AM   #6
sayemthree
Brigadier General
125

 
sayemthree's Avatar
 
Drives: bmw
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: usa


Posts: 4,845
iTrader: (0)

so I guess you guys beleive its more important to celebrate a celebrity than stand up for your constitutional rights and ask the government to stop taxing and spending your money.? i see where we are headed.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2009, 07:31 AM   #7
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel
Zimbabwe
40

 
xbook's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Northridge, CA


Posts: 1,538
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E82  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayemthree View Post
so I guess you guys beleive its more important to celebrate a celebrity than stand up for your constitutional rights and ask the government to stop taxing and spending your money.? i see where we are headed.
Bush era tax cuts cost the country more than any of the stimulus spending, TARP, or the wars in Iraq & Afghanistan. If you are REALLY that concerned by gov't spending, why aren't you bitching about tax cuts for the rich?

Facts

EDIT: also, why is the flag down @ half mast in the video that Septro posted? Also Septro the graphic you posted was from the Inauguration.

The baggers made this all to try and boost themselves up in some way. They lied their faces off.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2009, 09:17 AM   #8
uberschnell
Brigadier General
No_Country
69

 
uberschnell's Avatar
 
Drives: // 135i //, X5
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bay Area


Posts: 3,424
iTrader: (44)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayemthree View Post
so I guess you guys beleive its more important to celebrate a celebrity than stand up for your constitutional rights and ask the government to stop taxing and spending your money.? i see where we are headed.
How else would you pay for the invasion and occupation of Iraq? Fundraisers? Are you against taxes, or against how they are spent?
__________________
- 08 135i - Wavetrac LSD, AST 4100, Swift springs, Brembo GT brakes, M3 front sway, Meyle HD links, Dinan Camber plates, Whiteline subframe bushings, M3 rear guide and upper link, M3 front control arms, HP custom M3 front Strut brace, Megan rear control arms, F30 brake shields -
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2009, 09:33 AM   #9
Septro
Banned
26

 
Drives: '08 e90 335xi
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: C-Bus, OH


Posts: 1,649
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixon View Post
What is your point in posting a video of a STREET (Penn Ave) and then posting a graphic of the MALL?

You do understand the difference between Penn Ave, and the National Mall, right?

And I'm not making ANY number count of my own, just pointing out how the right-wing email chain nutters got it wrong with fabricated evidence....

AGAIN!
You really that dense? Nevermind, don't answer that since you'll prove the point. You do know what street is next to the national mall right??? The pictures show density and it runs along the same dam vector as the mall.

By any measure, there were no where near just 60k people there and there dam sure wasn't 2million people there.. but it sure looks like more than showed up than compared to the Million Man March (that wasn't actually a million).

And to continue to make you look silly - thanks for proving my point. Even though there wasn't a permit to use the actual mall - there are plenty of pics showing that people started to overflow right to it off of Penn Ave. Your lame attempt to discredit the turnout by exposing what some blogs used the incorrect photo makes you look like a tool when you can't argue the facts that a shitload of people came out to protest your messiah and the cronnies in government.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2009, 09:49 AM   #10
TMNT
Captain
38

 
Drives: 330ci ZHP
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: VA


Posts: 875
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Septro View Post
Im not sure what 'facts' you are attempting to pass off about Beck passing off the wrong photos.
You mean this fact?
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2009, 09:54 AM   #11
TMNT
Captain
38

 
Drives: 330ci ZHP
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: VA


Posts: 875
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Septro View Post
but it sure looks like more than showed up than compared to the Million Man March (that wasn't actually a million).
The million man march had anywhere between 600-800k. About the same number at Obama's Inauguration.

This event had 80k tops...it felt like someone let everyone at a football stadium out on the streets.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2009, 10:44 AM   #12
uberschnell
Brigadier General
No_Country
69

 
uberschnell's Avatar
 
Drives: // 135i //, X5
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bay Area


Posts: 3,424
iTrader: (44)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT View Post
You mean this fact?
pwnd
__________________
- 08 135i - Wavetrac LSD, AST 4100, Swift springs, Brembo GT brakes, M3 front sway, Meyle HD links, Dinan Camber plates, Whiteline subframe bushings, M3 rear guide and upper link, M3 front control arms, HP custom M3 front Strut brace, Megan rear control arms, F30 brake shields -
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2009, 10:53 AM   #13
ruxp
Captain
15

 
Drives: 2008 BMW 335xi
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Minneapolis


Posts: 700
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT View Post
You mean this fact?
lol. serious pwnage
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2009, 11:08 AM   #14
Septro
Banned
26

 
Drives: '08 e90 335xi
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: C-Bus, OH


Posts: 1,649
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT View Post
You mean this fact?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT View Post
The million man march had anywhere between 600-800k. About the same number at Obama's Inauguration.

This event had 80k tops...it felt like someone let everyone at a football stadium out on the streets.
The Post.. the conservative leaning Washington Post and not your 'eye-fuck' me method of counting crowds even estimated the Obama innauguration at 1.8million. (source). Take off your sneakers and use your toes if it's that hard for you to count.


Quote:
Originally Posted by MteK View Post
pwnd
None of you actually watched the video huh compared to Nixon's assasine post that Glen Beck was using doctor'd photos? The video shows the same time lapsed PHOTOS I JUST POSTED, not the 'doctored' ones that the blogs were putting out as to the original OP. Proving the point that 1) Glen didn't use 'doctored' photos and 2) the Dem's crowd counting abacuses need recalibration.

Keep walking into this buzzsaw..
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2009, 11:24 AM   #15
uberschnell
Brigadier General
No_Country
69

 
uberschnell's Avatar
 
Drives: // 135i //, X5
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bay Area


Posts: 3,424
iTrader: (44)

A great quote for Teabags to ponder on:

"In what sense is the money in our pockets and bank accounts fully ‘ours’? Did we earn it by our own autonomous efforts? Could we have inherited it without the assistance of probate courts? Do we save it without the support of bank regulators? Could we spend it if there were no public officials to coordinate the efforts and pool the resources of the community in which we live?... Without taxes there would be no liberty. Without taxes there would be no property. Without taxes, few of us would have any assets worth defending. [It is] a dim fiction that some people enjoy and exercise their rights without placing any burden whatsoever on the public… There is no liberty without dependency"
__________________
- 08 135i - Wavetrac LSD, AST 4100, Swift springs, Brembo GT brakes, M3 front sway, Meyle HD links, Dinan Camber plates, Whiteline subframe bushings, M3 rear guide and upper link, M3 front control arms, HP custom M3 front Strut brace, Megan rear control arms, F30 brake shields -
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2009, 12:11 PM   #16
Nixon
Banned
19

 
Drives: :
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: :


Posts: 1,396
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Septro View Post
You really that dense? Nevermind, don't answer that since you'll prove the point. You do know what street is next to the national mall right??? The pictures show density and it runs along the same dam vector as the mall.

By any measure, there were no where near just 60k people there and there dam sure wasn't 2million people there.. but it sure looks like more than showed up than compared to the Million Man March (that wasn't actually a million).

And to continue to make you look silly - thanks for proving my point. Even though there wasn't a permit to use the actual mall - there are plenty of pics showing that people started to overflow right to it off of Penn Ave. Your lame attempt to discredit the turnout by exposing what some blogs used the incorrect photo makes you look like a tool when you can't argue the facts that a shitload of people came out to protest your messiah and the cronnies in government.

OK, so you DON'T know the difference between Penn Ave and the National Mall.

No, I've been on Penn Ave. It runs at a 45 degree angle to the National Mall, and INTERSECTS with the National Mall at the US Capitol building. It is NOT "next to the national mall" as you claim. And a quick google map lookup would validate that, if you were interested in actually knowing what you were talking about instead of just cut-pasting whatever crap you find on some nutter website without doing any authentication of your own.

For the record, the two streets that actually ARE "next to the national mall" are Madison drive and Jefferson drive.

So again, I'm asking you a direct question. Why are you using a crowd density graphic for the NATIONAL MALL and showing video of Penn Ave?

Are you under the mistaken impression that the bleachers are still up and ready for seating along the sides of the reflecting pool, which allowed the larger crowd numbers for the inauguration?

You can't be so dumb as to think the graphic you posted of the national mall in any way estimates a crowd that was on a side street, instead of on the national mall itself, can you?

Yes, you can! (be that dumb).

I love how in response to a post about right-wingers using falsified evidence to count their numbers, you post false misleading information yourself.

Last edited by Nixon; 09-16-2009 at 12:57 PM.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2009, 12:38 PM   #17
nostrum09
Second Lieutenant
United_States
7

 
Drives: E90 325i
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: NJ


Posts: 257
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MteK View Post
A great quote for Teabags to ponder on:

"In what sense is the money in our pockets and bank accounts fully ‘ours’? Did we earn it by our own autonomous efforts? Could we have inherited it without the assistance of probate courts? Do we save it without the support of bank regulators? Could we spend it if there were no public officials to coordinate the efforts and pool the resources of the community in which we live?... Without taxes there would be no liberty. Without taxes there would be no property. Without taxes, few of us would have any assets worth defending. [It is] a dim fiction that some people enjoy and exercise their rights without placing any burden whatsoever on the public… There is no liberty without dependency"
At any given level, government and the taxes they take in should ideally only work towards public goods and services which would be incredibly difficult, if not outright impossible, for any smaller level of government to handle. For example, national defense could not reasonably be maintained without the federal government collecting taxes and spending that money on national defense. Individual states have disproportionate defense needs (coastal states, for example, would have to defend against attacks first before interior states) and where force is needed outside of the US, 50 state armies fighting, 50 state air forces, etc., would be a nightmare. Likewise, we need the government to enforce laws that protect the rights and property of individuals and organizations.

Taxes are necessary, but for the reasons noted above. In fact, the quote you provided mainly speaks of the necessity of taxes to support the government in providing just those goods or services that would likely not exist without some central authority. It does not state, however, that taxes are necessary to support pork projects, government takeovers of private industries, or the radical redefinition of the US healthcare insurance industry.
__________________
Current: 2008 E85 3.0i | Bright Red | Beige | Black Roof | Dark Poplar | STEP | ZPP | Navigation | Heated Seats | Premium Sound | Xenon
Current: 2006 E90 325i | Monaco Blue | Black | Aluminum | STEP | ZCW | ZPP | ZSP | iDrive | CA | Xenon | Logic7 | Sat Radio
Retired: 2003 E46 325Ci | Mystic Blue | Gray | Myrtle Wood | STEP | ZPP | ZSP | Xenon | H/K Sound
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2009, 07:07 PM   #18
lib
Major
37

 
lib's Avatar
 
Drives: <This space for rent>
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: ATX


Posts: 1,405
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT View Post
The million man march had anywhere between 600-800k. About the same number at Obama's Inauguration.

This event had 80k tops...it felt like someone let everyone at a football stadium out on the streets.
There were a hell of a lot more than 600k-800k people at the inauguration. At the same time, 600k-800k is extremely optimistic for the Million Man March turnout.

As with every other big event that occurs there, we'll never know how many people really showed up in DC last week. It was absolutely a lot less than 1.5-2.0 million and a lot more than 20-70 thousand. Good luck trying to figure it out.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2009, 08:12 PM   #19
uberschnell
Brigadier General
No_Country
69

 
uberschnell's Avatar
 
Drives: // 135i //, X5
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bay Area


Posts: 3,424
iTrader: (44)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostrum09 View Post

It does not state, however, that taxes are necessary to support pork projects, government takeovers of private industries, or the radical redefinition of the US healthcare insurance industry.
But it does say taxes are necessary to ensure the public well-being. As such the government is responsible for the health care of 10's of millions of uninsured such as the elderly and disabled folks. By law we required to treat anyone who walks into an emergency room with a life or death situation. And medical costs continue to skyrocket under the current system. I'd say the government has a stake in this fight.

What solution do you propose?
__________________
- 08 135i - Wavetrac LSD, AST 4100, Swift springs, Brembo GT brakes, M3 front sway, Meyle HD links, Dinan Camber plates, Whiteline subframe bushings, M3 rear guide and upper link, M3 front control arms, HP custom M3 front Strut brace, Megan rear control arms, F30 brake shields -
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2009, 09:43 PM   #20
ideliver
Major
45

 
ideliver's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 E60 M5 & 08 Infiniti QX56
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: At the gas station


Posts: 1,232
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 MB S430 SOLD  [0.00]
2003 E46 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MteK View Post
A great quote for Teabags to ponder on:

"In what sense is the money in our pockets and bank accounts fully ‘ours’? Did we earn it by our own autonomous efforts? Could we have inherited it without the assistance of probate courts? Do we save it without the support of bank regulators? Could we spend it if there were no public officials to coordinate the efforts and pool the resources of the community in which we live?... Without taxes there would be no liberty. Without taxes there would be no property. Without taxes, few of us would have any assets worth defending. [It is] a dim fiction that some people enjoy and exercise their rights without placing any burden whatsoever on the public… There is no liberty without dependency"
we shall see how you feel about this when the government takes 60% of "their" money back from you...
__________________
Cars I've owned '76 Chevelle 350 RIP '82 Monte Carlo 350 RIP '82 Mustang 302 RIP '88 Honda CRX RIP '88 Olds Toronado sold '94 Toyota Tercel sold '99 Acura TL sold 2002 Porsche 911 sold 2003 E46 M3 Blk/gr 2006 MB S430 sold Current: 2008 Infiniti QX56 & 2008 E60 M5

Appreciate 0
      09-16-2009, 09:54 PM   #21
Nixon
Banned
19

 
Drives: :
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: :


Posts: 1,396
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ideliver View Post
we shall see how you feel about this when the government takes 60% of "their" money back from you...
If you don't like paying for government, go move to somewhere they don't have one, like Nigeria.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2009, 09:58 PM   #22
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
161

 
scottwww's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: USA


Posts: 4,759
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Quote:
Originally Posted by MteK View Post
A great quote for Teabags to ponder on:

"In what sense is the money in our pockets and bank accounts fully ‘ours’? Did we earn it by our own autonomous efforts? Could we have inherited it without the assistance of probate courts? Do we save it without the support of bank regulators? Could we spend it if there were no public officials to coordinate the efforts and pool the resources of the community in which we live?... Without taxes there would be no liberty. Without taxes there would be no property. Without taxes, few of us would have any assets worth defending. [It is] a dim fiction that some people enjoy and exercise their rights without placing any burden whatsoever on the public… There is no liberty without dependency"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ideliver View Post
we shall see how you feel about this when the government takes 60% of "their" money back from you...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixon View Post
If you don't like paying for government, go move to somewhere they don't have one, like Nigeria.
This could get interesting. I have disagreed with ideliver often, but he is well reasoned and articulate.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:21 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST