BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

European Auto Source

09-15-2009, 10:10 PM   #1
TMNT
Captain

Drives: 330ci ZHP

Tea Baggers protest in D.C. -Video, LOL

I had the opportunity to attend the rally and see how people who support this cause think (if at all) and act.

This video is spot on.

Last edited by TMNT; 09-15-2009 at 10:39 PM.
      09-15-2009, 10:36 PM   #2
josephr25
Major

Drives: 2008 E92 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT View Post

I had the opportunity to attend the rally and see how people who support this cause think (if at all) and act.

This video is spot on.
Sadly, I know somebody who would feel completely at home here...
      09-15-2009, 10:46 PM   #3
Nixon
Banned

Drives: :

The right wingers are PROUD of these people.
      09-15-2009, 11:30 PM   #4
scottwww
Brigadier General

Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
The title of your thread is offensive.

In any crowd of tens of thousands of people you most certainly will be able to interview any number of people who will not represent themselves or their purpose well. What else is new?

What do you think of this video?

For related videos, refer to this link.

offTopic - politics - ChoppedPhoto
scottwww is offline   United_States
      09-15-2009, 11:45 PM   #5
Septro
Banned

Drives: '08 e90 335xi

You got avowed communists in the senior levels of the administration, folks that believe animals have co-equal rights as humans, others that think its ok to kill off old people since they don't have as much value as young folks.. annnnnd some one-off idiots at a rally alarm you.

These people are idiots but they wield little to no power.. Obama has even more crazies in his administration and wield actual power but your foot tends to find your mouth more often than not for those occasions.

Keep up the double-standard, it fits you and Obama well.
      09-16-2009, 12:09 AM   #6
Nixon
Banned

Drives: :

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post

In any crowd of tens of thousands of people you most certainly will be able to interview any number of people who will not represent themselves or their purpose well. What else is new?

For related videos, refer to this crap
Typical of you. Can't deal with the topic? Cut and paste some crap about something unrelated.
      09-16-2009, 12:20 AM   #7
josephr25
Major

Drives: 2008 E92 335i

Garage List
Quote:

For related videos, refer to this link.
I saw this from the Acorn website... stupid URL wasn't working

Attack Videographer Caught in Manipulation and Lies
September 15, 2009

(San Bernardino, CA) -- Today the videographer James O'Keefe's hidden camera "interview" with San BernardinoACORN organizer Tresa Kaelke, airing repeatedly on Fox "News", including the Glenn Beck show, and onBigGovernment.com, has been caught out in an obvious set of lies and manipulations.

When the actors approached Ms. Kaelke with their provocative costuming and outlandish scenario, she could nottake them seriously. So she met their outrageousness with her own personal style of outrageousness. Shematched their false scenario with her own false scenarios.

"They were not believable", said Ms. Kaelke of the two actors. "Somewhat entertaining, but they weren't evengood actors. I didn't know what to make of them. They were clearly playing with me. I decided to shock them asmuch as they were shocking me. Like Stephan Colbert does – saying the most outrageous things with a straightface." While her sense of humor might not be funny to many people, the fact is that she spun false scenario afterfalse scenario and the videographer ate them up.

For example, in response to the set-up by the filmmakers in which they say they are trying get the young womanaway from her abusive pimp, she responds that she was abused by her former husband as well (true) and that sheshot and killed him (false). He is very much alive and living near Barstow, CA.

However, this is taken as the gospel truth, not just in the film itself, but also by several "news" personalities,indicating that no journalistic standards were applied to making the video or vetting it for broadcast.

Further, as the actors repeatedly noted how nice she was being, Ms Kaelke responded, also repeatedly, that her"niceness" was just her, not ACORN. "My supervisor would shoot this down like faster than a bat out of hell."

When the actors talked about bringing 12-13 year olds in from another country, supposedly because they neededa lot of money fast for a political campaign, Ms. Kaelke said, "You are going to need it for a lawyer!"

These exchanges, which do not appear in the edited film put on BigGovernment.com, call into question thejournalistic standards of the film and of any purported news organization that chooses to run them.

Ms. Kaelke, who did not know she was being filmed, is appalled that her defensive attempts to deal with atroubling experience have been manipulated into an attack on her work helping low- and moderate-incomefamilies fight the foreclosure crisis, work for needed health care reform, and face the economic crisis in San Bernardino.
      09-16-2009, 02:38 AM   #8
lib
Major

Drives: <This space for rent>

^ I didn't realize they had Keyser Söze filling out tax returns!

Though, if that's true, ACORN has a few wrongful termination lawsuits headed their way for firing their employees that keep showing up on these tapes.
      09-16-2009, 08:38 AM   #9
scottwww
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixon View Post
Typical of you. Can't deal with the topic? Cut and paste some crap about something unrelated.
I addressed your little video as much as it deserved. As for the video I showed, it is a much more relevant video to demonstrate the lunacy of your co-workers. If you see that as unrelated, then if that were true, it is a trick I learned from all the Bushwackers over the last few years.

09-16-2009, 08:45 AM   #10
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP

Garage List
2008 E82  [0.00]
One of my favorite lines:

"Boycott Hollywood and all of the commies. McCarthy and John Wayne were right"

Hehehehehe, I love when people contradict themselves in the same sentence.
      09-16-2009, 08:52 AM   #11
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP

Garage List
2008 E82  [0.00]
Oh my god this video just keeps getting better. BRILLIANT!!!!
      09-16-2009, 08:55 AM   #12
TMNT
Captain

Drives: 330ci ZHP

Quote:
You do know that is what they call themselves right? As funny as it maybe, they came up with that name, not me. Seems like they didn't realize what other people relate the name to until it was too late.
      09-16-2009, 09:02 AM   #13
uberschnell
Brigadier General

Drives: // 135i //, X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Septro View Post
You got avowed communists in the senior levels of the administration, folks that believe animals have co-equal rights as humans, others that think its ok to kill off old people since they don't have as much value as young folks..
Can you cite any examples or provide anything to back this up?
- 08 135i - Wavetrac LSD, AST 4100, Swift springs, Brembo GT brakes, M3 front sway, Meyle HD links, Dinan Camber plates, Whiteline subframe bushings, M3 rear guide and upper link, M3 front control arms, HP custom M3 front Strut brace, Megan rear control arms, F30 brake shields -
uberschnell is offline   No_Country
      09-16-2009, 09:16 AM   #14
Septro
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MteK View Post
Can you cite any examples or provide anything to back this up?
Van Jones (the previous Green Jobs Czar) is a communist. He never has renounced it. (source)

Cat Sussten, the current Regulatory Czar, proposed giving legal standing to animals in human courts of law. (source)

John Holdren, the current Science Czar, supports forced abortion and population control. (source)

Like I said, there are crazies to the left and right of me, unfortunately the crazies on the left are making/advising policy while the ones on the right make for good videos. You do the math.
      09-16-2009, 09:57 AM   #15
ragingclue
One cam is enough

Drives: VF

Tea bagging certainly has become more serious since I was in college
      09-16-2009, 11:12 AM   #16
uberschnell
Brigadier General

Quote:
Van Jones (the previous Green Jobs Czar) is a communist. He never has renounced it. (source)

Cat Sussten, the current Regulatory Czar, proposed giving legal standing to animals in human courts of law. (source)

John Holdren, the current Science Czar, supports forced abortion and population control. (source)

Like I said, there are crazies to the left and right of me, unfortunately the crazies on the left are making/advising policy while the ones on the right make for good videos. You do the math.
I reject your notion about crazies. It's a silly attempt to homogenize your half truths by implying a false diecotomy. These folks you cite are not "crazies" as you indirectly imply, not even close.

Had you gone any further then the wikipedia "ciffs notes" you may have realized that your insinuation could easily been misconstrued if left at that. I'll use PolitiFact as a response (a Pulitzer Prize wining news site vs. a co-op community based resource which even your JC professor would not accept as a reasonable source)

Van Jones - Why would he even go there and what does that mean to us and his ability to do his job? link

John Holdren -"But with regard to Beck's claim that Holdren "has proposed forcing abortions and putting sterilants in the drinking water to control population," the text of the book clearly does not support that. We think a thorough reading shows that these were ideas presented as approaches that had been discussed. They were not posed as suggestions or proposals. In fact, the authors make clear that they did not support coercive means of population control. Certainly, nowhere in the book do the authors advocate for forced abortions." Link

and Cass Sunstein - "My simplest suggestion is that private citizens should be given the right to bring suits to prevent animals from being treated in a way that violates current law" - as a way of better enforcing CURRENT CRUELTY laws - Link

Your goal is hysteria and your methods are shrewd, given the propensity of most folks to not want to understand context let alone detail before forming an opinion.
- 08 135i - Wavetrac LSD, AST 4100, Swift springs, Brembo GT brakes, M3 front sway, Meyle HD links, Dinan Camber plates, Whiteline subframe bushings, M3 rear guide and upper link, M3 front control arms, HP custom M3 front Strut brace, Megan rear control arms, F30 brake shields -
      09-16-2009, 11:24 AM   #17
scottwww
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT View Post
You do know that is what they call themselves right? As funny as it maybe, they came up with that name, not me. Seems like they didn't realize what other people relate the name to until it was too late.
I didn't know that. I thought it was just the left called them tea baggers.

I haven't been to a tea party or talked with a tea bagger, and certainly have never been to a tea bagging. I am not up on exactly what it is, but I have some idea from when somebody mentioned it a few years ago.

09-16-2009, 11:31 AM   #18
Septro
Banned

Quote:
I reject your notion about crazies. It's a silly attempt to homogenize your half truths by implying a false diecotomy. These folks you cite are not "crazies" as you indirectly imply, not even close.

Had you gone any further then the wikipedia "ciffs notes" you may have realized that your insinuation could easily been misconstrued if left at that. I'll use PolitiFact as a response (a Pulitzer Prize wining news site vs. a co-op community based resource which even your JC professor would not accept as a reasonable source)

Van Jones - Why would he even go there and what does that mean to us and his ability to do his job? link

John Holdren -"But with regard to Beck's claim that Holdren "has proposed forcing abortions and putting sterilants in the drinking water to control population," the text of the book clearly does not support that. We think a thorough reading shows that these were ideas presented as approaches that had been discussed. They were not posed as suggestions or proposals. In fact, the authors make clear that they did not support coercive means of population control. Certainly, nowhere in the book do the authors advocate for forced abortions." Link

and Cass Sunstein - "My simplest suggestion is that private citizens should be given the right to bring suits to prevent animals from being treated in a way that violates current law" - as a way of better enforcing CURRENT CRUELTY laws - Link

Your goal is hysteria and your methods are shrewd, given the propensity of most folks to not want to understand context let alone detail before forming an opinion.
Really? I mean Realllly? You're going to try and defend Van Jones.. Have you read the actual EastBay article yourself or you just linking to 'Pulitzer' winning news sites? Its his own dam words he stated being a Communist. He's never written or disavowed that ethos. (source)

Quote:
Jones had planned to move to Washington, DC, and had already landed a job and an apartment there. But in jail, he said, "I met all these young radical people of color -- I mean really radical, communists and anarchists. And it was, like, 'This is what I need to be a part of'.
Nevermind the 'white-polluters' statements, minimum-maximum goals for reparations and black liberation, and the remaking of the society via environmentalism.. it's indefensible so stop trying to defend it.

John's book he co-wrote clearly stipulated a value-based system for recognizing worth of human beings. His own words:

Quote:
It has been concluded that compulsory population-control laws, even including laws requiring compulsory abortion, could be sustained under the existing Constitution if the population crisis became sufficiently severe to endanger the society.
Whether he 'didn't really mean it' as what you are eluding to for context or it was just two professors postulating 'what-ifs' is no where near a reasonable explanation of their writings and suppositions.

Cass Sunstein's work isn't truly troubling till you start to understand that he may be the next pick for judiciary on the SCOTUS if Obama leans that way. So if I cut a tree in the woods and no one sees it, can the tree find legal suit against me if they get a human third party? Where does it end?
      09-16-2009, 11:33 AM   #19
jaiman
Captain

Drives: very fast

Quote:

09-16-2009, 11:58 AM   #20
maswastage
Resident Diesel Junkie

Drives: 2010 AW 335d

I hope you don't think people on the left are any more well-informed than these tea-baggers on the right. The fact is that 90% of the nation's population is ignorant. And that's probably a conservative estimate.

At least the tea-baggers have the right idea, as misinformed as they may be. We've already seen how well the government manages our tax money (read: not well), so I can't understand how anyone is willing to say "yes, here, have some more of my money, and while we're at it, I'm going to trust you with taking care of my health, too." Seriously?
      09-16-2009, 12:05 PM   #21
uberschnell
Brigadier General

Quote:
Really? I mean Realllly? You're going to try and defend Van Jones.. Have you read the actual EastBay article yourself or you just linking to 'Pulitzer' winning news sites? Its his own dam words he stated being a Communist. He's never written or disavowed that ethos. (source)

Nevermind the 'white-polluters' statements, minimum-maximum goals for reparations and black liberation, and the remaking of the society via environmentalism.. it's indefensible so stop trying to defend it.

John's book he co-wrote clearly stipulated a value-based system for recognizing worth of human beings. His own words:

Whether he 'didn't really mean it' as what you are eluding to for context or it was just two professors postulating 'what-ifs' is no where near a reasonable explanation of their writings and suppositions.

Cass Sunstein's work isn't truly troubling till you start to understand that he may be the next pick for judiciary on the SCOTUS if Obama leans that way. So if I cut a tree in the woods and no one sees it, can the tree find legal suit against me if they get a human third party? Where does it end?

No defense of Jones here. I am not defending the philosophies (which by the way he has a right to have, even in your America)

What I am saying is he is not crazy, nor is there anything in any of the sources provided here that emphatically proves how his philosophies (both past and present) prevent him from being the most competent person for his position (<- I imagine that factored more into selecting him then anything else )
      09-16-2009, 12:10 PM   #22
uberschnell
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by maswastage View Post
I hope you don't think people on the left are any more well-informed than these tea-baggers on the right. The fact is that 90% of the nation's population is ignorant. And that's probably a conservative estimate.

At least the tea-baggers have the right idea, as misinformed as they may be. We've already seen how well the government manages our tax money (read: not well), so I can't understand how anyone is willing to say "yes, here, have some more of my money, and while we're at it, I'm going to trust you with taking care of my health, too." Seriously?

Why not? We trust the government to take care of our sons and daughters and their well being (read Military). They take care of your Grandma, or would you like to pay for that yourself? (read Medicare)

And is Government accountability a "new" idea? Who else do you propose to have handle the cost of running a country?

Oh, and I can't speak for the left or right, I'm in the middle