BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

GTB Performance

09-16-2009, 11:55 PM   #23
Septro
Banned

Drives: '08 e90 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixon View Post
What are you trying to imply? That I have a hidden agenda? Do you have a problem with people with hidden agendas working this site?

Personally, I think these folks were idiots. Did you see the schmucks who showed up and pretended to be pimps and ho's, like it was halloween?

But when it comes to prostitution, I'm pretty much a Libratarian with my views. Prostitution should be legalized and the gov't should get the hell out of people's bedrooms. The gov'ts interest in not spreading disease can be accomplished much more effectively, and with much less expense and intrusion into people's private affairs than the current laws making prostitution illegal. The only countries/empires/nations to ever in history to effectively stop prostitution were the most evil, oppressive, dictatorships in history. Capitolism cannot be stopped wherever there is a willing supply/demand market.

So forgive me if I'm not quick to jump on the bandwagon of fake outrage that someone might actually help a prostitute. Half the people using this as an attack line with all their pretend outrage don't really care if prostitution is legal or not, and the other half ginning up outrage are doing it to cover for their own trips to prostitutes themselves.

The issue is nothing to the relation of the state of legalization for prostitution, its the exposure of corruption that no one else in the mainstream media cared to investigate and shine a light on. Everyday another video gets posted showing the same exact response and willingness to exercise corruption and criminal acts from an institution that is meant to help those less fortunate than others all the while receiving money from the gov't tit. I loved the first ACORN response saying these young kids went to other offices and got turned down, but they keep posting videos showing otherwise.

But then again if you oppose these young fair-skinned Americans from exposing corruption, you must be racist against white people (man I kinda like using that democrat party argument since it just squelches debate even though it doesn't actually apply - score one for me!)
      09-17-2009, 12:32 AM   #24
Nixon
Banned

Drives: :

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
Are you implying that 87 U.S. Senators in this vote are visiting prostitutes?
You mean like current Republican Senator David Vittor?

09-17-2009, 12:36 AM   #25
Nixon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Septro View Post
The issue is nothing to the relation of the state of legalization for prostitution, its the exposure of corruption that no one else in the mainstream media cared to investigate and shine a light on. Everyday another video gets posted showing the same exact response and willingness to exercise corruption and criminal acts from an institution that is meant to help those less fortunate than others all the while receiving money from the gov't tit.
I don't think the "criminal acts" they are talking about (prostitution) should be criminal, so no, I can't get foaming at the mouth like you.
      09-17-2009, 12:41 AM   #26
Prowess Symphony
Major General

Drives: ///Mistress

Garage List
Quote:
I don't think the "criminal acts" they are talking about (prostitution) should be criminal, so no, I can't get foaming at the mouth like you.
Um, werent they talking about underage child prostitution? You dont think that is a criminal act?
Prowess Symphony is offline   United_States
      09-17-2009, 01:01 AM   #27
lib
Major

Drives: <This space for rent>

Quote:
Personally, I think these folks were idiots. Did you see the schmucks who showed up and pretended to be pimps and ho's, like it was halloween?
While I agree what the ACORN workers did was stupid, you have to give them a BIT more credit than that. The goofy outfit you see that guy in when they're promoting the video isn't what he wore into the offices while they were taping.

If you pay attention to a few of the scenes and look carefully at some of the reflections the hidden camera picks up you can easily see that he's dressed completely normal. Khaki's and a blue dress shirt for the first video, dark pants and a while dress shirt for the 5th (4th?) video, etc.

As for what she's wearing - it isn't THAT outlandish. The first video outfit was a bit borderline but in the 5th video she's wearing fairly normal jean shorts and a some random slutty top.
      09-17-2009, 01:04 AM   #28
Nixon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lib View Post
While I agree what the ACORN workers did was stupid, you have to give them a BIT more credit than that. The goofy outfit you see that guy in when they're promoting the video isn't what he wore into the offices while they were taping.

If you pay attention to a few of the other scenes and look carefully at some of the reflections the hidden camera pics up you can easily see that he's dressed completely normal. Khaki's and a blue dress shirt for the first video, black pants and a while dress shirt for the 5th (4th?) video, etc.

As for what she's wearing - it isn't THAT outlandish. The first video outfit was a bit borderline but in the 5th video she's wearing fairly normal jean shorts and a some random slutty top.
Sorry, I can't even muster up enough fake outrage to bother pedantically wading through these videos looking at reflections. They were stupid, no matter what those folks were dressed like.
      09-17-2009, 01:12 AM   #29
lib
Major

Drives: <This space for rent>

^ Oh I agree completely with not wanting to walk through all of the videos though I'd be careful claiming all the outrage is "fake." It's just something that jumped out at me after I saw the crazy costume in the promotions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowess Symphony View Post
Quote:
Um, werent they talking about underage child prostitution? You dont think that is a criminal act?
It's even worse than just plain underage prostitution (and that's hard to do!). They were opening discussing bringing over around a dozen 13-15yr old girls in from out of the country and turning them into prostitutes. Hell, the guy in the last video told them that if they had the girls delivered to Tijuana he could have his friends of bring them across the boarder.

Edit:
On 2nd thought, I was too nice with that last response...

"Fake outrage?!" What kind of sick !@%% are you? They're being given advice on how to smuggle in and whore out 13yr old girls and one of the ACORN workers even offers to help get them into the country. You're telling us you're ok with that? Lets hope you don't have any young girls in your family that you have ambitions of selling off to some crazy in Eastern Europe.

Last edited by lib; 09-17-2009 at 01:33 AM.
      09-17-2009, 10:23 AM   #30
scottwww
Brigadier General

Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Girl Talk: My Time with Tresa Kaelke

ACORN San Bernadino Child Prostitution

ACORN San Bernadino Child Prostitution

ACORN San Diego Child Prostitution Smuggling

ACORN San Diego Child Prostitution Smuggling

offTopic - politics - ChoppedPhoto
scottwww is offline   United_States
      09-17-2009, 10:27 AM   #31
scottwww
Brigadier General

Quote:
Sorry, I can't even muster up enough fake outrage to bother pedantically wading through these videos looking at reflections. They were stupid, no matter what those folks were dressed like.
Wasn't Mr. Obama outraged by the revelation on ACORN? Wasn't the Senate outraged and defunded them? Wasn't ACORN leadership willing to accept the truth enough that they have resolved to make every change that is to be recommended in an immediate investigation?

But Nixon "can't even muster up enough fake outrage"...

09-17-2009, 10:50 AM   #32
Septro
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
Wasn't Mr. Obama outraged by the revelation on ACORN? Wasn't the Senate outraged and defunded them? Wasn't ACORN leadership willing to accept the truth enough that they have resolved to make every change that is to be recommended in an immediate investigation?

But Nixon "can't even muster up enough fake outrage"...
Like they say - Serious pwnage..
      09-17-2009, 11:07 AM   #33
Nixon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lib View Post
^ Oh I agree completely with not wanting to walk through all of the videos though I'd be careful claiming all the outrage is "fake." It's just something that jumped out at me after I saw the crazy costume in the promotions.

It's even worse than just plain underage prostitution (and that's hard to do!). They were opening discussing bringing over around a dozen 13-15yr old girls in from out of the country and turning them into prostitutes. Hell, the guy in the last video told them that if they had the girls delivered to Tijuana he could have his friends of bring them across the boarder.

Edit:
On 2nd thought, I was too nice with that last response...

"Fake outrage?!" What kind of sick !@%% are you? They're being given advice on how to smuggle in and whore out 13yr old girls and one of the ACORN workers even offers to help get them into the country. You're telling us you're ok with that? Lets hope you don't have any young girls in your family that you have ambitions of selling off to some crazy in Eastern Europe.

There you go!!! Get yourself worked up to a lather! Get rabid dog! I knew you could do it. There you were, all rational. Then BANG!! you start whipping out the !@%% outrage.

Hint: There never were any underage prostitutes. They were fictional. You are going all nutter over fictional people. Sorta like Ronald Reagan sending his condolences for the death of a character on TV.
      09-17-2009, 12:17 PM   #34
purespeed
Private First Class

Drives: 67 cobra

Some of ACORN activities

As Obama and most other Democrats "distant" themselves from ACORN, more of their activities are being exposed. This map is not up to date, but it gives some indication as to the dealings of ACORN:

http://www.rottenacorn.com/activityMap.html
      09-17-2009, 12:21 PM   #35
Septro
Banned

^ I guess the actor playing the prostitute should have went all the way in order to really satiate Nixon's mind of actual harm.

If things worked that way, I guess every time some crazy wife gets caught in a sting operation trying to hire a cop posing as a hitman - there's nothing to really get worked up about - they're just words mind you and he's just a fictional hitman.

brb - I'm forwarding this new legal premise to all 50 states attorney's general..
      09-17-2009, 02:20 PM   #36
FStop7
I like cars

Drives: M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowess Symphony View Post
They were indeed. Quite a confession Nixon's made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixon
Hint: There never were any underage prostitutes. They were fictional.
Now you're just being stupid. The ACORN employees thought the kids were real and were giving advice on how to pimp them out. But hey, you're already on the record saying you don't think child molestation should be a crime. So at least we know what your deal is. You'd probably be better off retiring your fake username and making up a new one, since you're now and forever going to be known as the guy who thinks it's OK to fuck kids. You, Michael Jackson, and Pedobear.
      09-17-2009, 06:57 PM   #37
Septro
Banned

That was hilarious FStop..lol

But ACORN is COOKED!! The House just voted to remove federal funding from ACORN as well.. It just needs to be settled under committee with the Senate amendment and the President to sign it. (source)

ITS YOUR ASS MR POSTMAN!

* thank God the Pres doesn't have the line item veto for this one
      09-17-2009, 11:41 PM   #38
scottwww
Brigadier General

link
Community-organizing group Acorn said Thursday it was considering quitting its voter-registration work amid a growing political storm over its activities, a move that could hurt Democrats at the polls.
Acorn collected and submitted more than 1 million voter-registration applications in the 2008 election, up from 500,000 in the 2006 election. That's not even including all the Mickey Mouse and Daffy Duck registrations.

09-18-2009, 08:02 AM   #39
TexAg06
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2007 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post
Yo ACORN, I'm happy for you and I'mma let you finish collapsing under the weight of a scandal, but ENRON was the best scandal of all time
i'm sorry i missed this the first time.