BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

GetBMWParts

09-14-2009, 12:13 PM   #1
trapspringer
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07 STi Limited, 71 911S

buying at one dealer and servicing at another

Should I be concerned over trying to get the best price/lease quote at one dealer and then having it serviced elsewhere? Bottom line, I want the best deal I can find but don't want to be chained to that dealer for included maintenance if it's geographically far from me. You guys think this will be an issue- any experiences out there with this?
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2009, 12:18 PM   #2
Kyosho
Lieutenant
Taiwan
Rep

Drives: E90 M3

I have never had my car serviced from where I bought it from
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2009, 12:18 PM   #3
HiltonHead
Rep

Drives: 2008 335i Coupe

This has never been an issue with me. The previous two BMW's were purchased from one dealer and both were serviced at a dealer closer to home. They are required by BMW to service your car no matter where it was purchased. They may not offer the convenience of a loaner car while it is in the shop, but that is no big deal.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2009, 12:19 PM   #4
foosh
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2008 M3 E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapspringer View Post
Should I be concerned over trying to get the best price/lease quote at one dealer and then having it serviced elsewhere? Bottom line, I want the best deal I can find but don't want to be chained to that dealer for included maintenance if it's geographically far from me. You guys think this will be an issue- any experiences out there with this?
No reason for any concern at all. Your warranty explicitly states it is good at any BMW dealer in North America. Moreover, any dealer service center is highly motivated to gain your business. They make more money servicing cars and selling parts than they do selling cars. They are reimbursed on warranty work by BMW.
      09-14-2009, 12:24 PM   #5
vinnycg
Captain
Rep

Drives: 2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe

I find it a little annoying that they refuse you a loaner car if you didn't purchase the car at that particular dealer. I may be totally missing the reasoning behind it or may be just a little spoiled from Infiniti where you get a loaner regardless of where you bought your vehicle.

-Vin
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2009, 12:26 PM   #6
foosh
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2008 M3 E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnycg View Post
I find it a little annoying that they refuse you a loaner car if you didn't purchase the car at that particular dealer. I may be totally missing the reasoning behind it or may be just a little spoiled from Infiniti where you get a loaner regardless of where you bought your vehicle.

-Vin
That all depends upon the dealer. Many dealers provide loaners even if you did not purchase your car from them. As I said, most are willing to compete for your service business because it is very lucrative for them.
      09-14-2009, 12:53 PM   #7
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: .

I got my M3 from another dealer located an 1.5 hrs away from me. I didn't get my M3 from the dealer which is literally located 10 minutes away from my home because they were charging me $2k more on the car.

If I need to get my car serviced or if I have any issues, I just go to the one closer......Even though I didn't give them my business. They haven't given me any hard time as far as I've experienced...
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2009, 01:42 PM   #8
Technic
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2015 320i

Garage List
2004 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiltonHead View Post
This has never been an issue with me. The previous two BMW's were purchased from one dealer and both were serviced at a dealer closer to home. They are required by BMW to service your car no matter where it was purchased. They may not offer the convenience of a loaner car while it is in the shop, but that is no big deal.
x2... and I get a loaner as well.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2009, 02:25 PM   #9
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: audi s4

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
x2... and I get a loaner as well.
+3. sounds like some dealers aren't so friendly!
      09-20-2009, 04:55 PM   #10
Alchem
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 335xi

The dealer near my house gives me loaners, hell they even gave me 335i when I asked for it(I had a 325i). I did not buy from them..
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2009, 05:12 PM   #11
SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2009 SSII E90 M3

Have you ever bought a car before?

Who cares if you don't service it where you buy it. Sure some dealers give loaners to people who buy from them, but who f-ing cares. This shouldn't even be athought when it comes to a car purchase.
2009 E90 M3 | Silverstone II | Black Novillo | HRE P40's | Akrapovic Exhaust | Eibach Pro Kit | Jet Black Kidney Grilles | SSII Side Reflectors | SSII Side Gills | LUX H8 Angel Eyes | Macht Schnell Filter | Tecnocraft Envy Charge Pipe

"M3 drivers have no friends." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2009, 06:50 PM   #12
trapspringer
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07 STi Limited, 71 911S

yes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerM3 View Post
Have you ever bought a car before?

Who cares if you don't service it where you buy it. Sure some dealers give loaners to people who buy from them, but who f-ing cares. This shouldn't even be athought when it comes to a car purchase.

Several Spencer...just making sure as I have never done the BMW "included service" thing with another dealer where I didn't buy the car
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2009, 03:56 PM   #13
SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2009 SSII E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapspringer View Post
Several Spencer...just making sure as I have never done the BMW "included service" thing with another dealer where I didn't buy the car
I hear you man. But my experience has been that every dealer is different. Since there are SOOO many BMW dealers here in LA, it doesn't really make a big difference to me, and I will just buy where ever I am mnost comfortable and get the best deal, which in my case is the dealer 2 miles from my house.
2009 E90 M3 | Silverstone II | Black Novillo | HRE P40's | Akrapovic Exhaust | Eibach Pro Kit | Jet Black Kidney Grilles | SSII Side Reflectors | SSII Side Gills | LUX H8 Angel Eyes | Macht Schnell Filter | Tecnocraft Envy Charge Pipe

"M3 drivers have no friends." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0