BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Exterior / Cosmetic Parts
 
European Auto Source
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-12-2009, 12:35 AM   #1
R35
New Member
 
Drives: 2009 R35
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: LA-CA

Posts: 8
iTrader: (0)

$249 For a License Plate Frame?

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None
Item Interest
Hello,



I'm selling my authentic CHP 11-99 Foundation license plate frame (batch is not included). The frame made out of metal not plastic. The price $249 shipped by USPS Priority Mail. Only PayPal payment is accepted.

Please move on if you think the price is too high for this license plate frame. It's just a frame to hold your license plate in place. There is nothing special about it but you will love it.

Thank you all!
TN

R35 is offline  
0
      09-12-2009, 12:46 AM   #2
monk
Second Lieutenant
 
monk's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 M3 Space Gray Coupe 6M
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sacramento, CA

Posts: 249
iTrader: (1)

Can I have some of what you are smoking?
monk is offline  
0
      09-12-2009, 12:46 AM   #3
Green///Hell
Colonel
 
Green///Hell's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 6MT AW
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sydney/Chicago

Posts: 2,636
iTrader: (5)

Why is this special? I'm sure there is a reason as to why it is so expensive, but what is the story behind these?

I know nothing about it, just hoping you could drop some knowledge. $250 is a drop in a canyon its not the money, just want to know the cool factors and the ins and outs of this frame
__________________
Green///Hell is offline   United_States
0
      09-12-2009, 12:47 AM   #4
Green///Hell
Colonel
 
Green///Hell's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 6MT AW
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sydney/Chicago

Posts: 2,636
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by monk View Post
Can I have some of what you are smoking?
lol that too
__________________
Green///Hell is offline   United_States
0
      09-12-2009, 12:52 AM   #5
M3_WC
Colonel
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: CA

Posts: 2,214
iTrader: (0)

Basically a "get out of tickets" license frame.

11-99 is a private non profit organization, license frame is simply a gift for making a cash donation.

Price is about what I see them always selling for.
M3_WC is offline  
0
      09-12-2009, 01:53 AM   #6
davedave
Captain
 
davedave's Avatar
 
Drives: Godzilla
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Somewhere

Posts: 790
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda///Monic View Post
Why is this special? I'm sure there is a reason as to why it is so expensive, but what is the story behind these?

I know nothing about it, just hoping you could drop some knowledge. $250 is a drop in a canyon its not the money, just want to know the cool factors and the ins and outs of this frame

Member have to donate around 5k to get this frame. almost all Cop won't bother you when they see you with it. If cop found out you just have the frame and not a true member, you will be screw
davedave is offline  
0
      09-12-2009, 03:59 AM   #7
ooowowizstev
Brigadier General
 
Drives: '08 E92 M3
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles, Irvine

Posts: 4,144
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 BMW E92 M3  [5.00]
I thought it was illegal to sell this plate?
ooowowizstev is offline  
0
      09-12-2009, 07:09 AM   #8
alex310
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335I Coupe/M3 Sedan
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: West Los Angeles/Westwood

Posts: 556
iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to alex310
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooowowizstev View Post
I thought it was illegal to sell this plate?
Sometime ago there was something on the news because someone was making fake ones and selling them and he got caught, at the end of that part of the news they said even selling your real one will land you in jail and if you have no use for it, it is asked for you to return it.
alex310 is offline  
0
      09-12-2009, 07:10 AM   #9
Big Windy
Major General
 
Big Windy's Avatar
 
Drives: audi s4
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: seatac, wa

Posts: 5,118
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
hmmmm....but i don't think this will get me off in MD or DC!
__________________
Big Windy is offline   United_States
0
      09-12-2009, 08:08 AM   #10
M3NNIS
Colonel
 
M3NNIS's Avatar
 
Drives: a truck for now
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: DFW

Posts: 2,190
iTrader: (6)

Send a message via AIM to M3NNIS Send a message via MSN to M3NNIS
I have a hard time believing that this plate gets you out of tickets.
however for $249 I think it does have a built in oil slick, that might help.
__________________
M3NNIS is offline  
0
      09-12-2009, 04:59 PM   #11
rominl
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County, CA

Posts: 277
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedave View Post
Member have to donate around 5k to get this frame. almost all Cop won't bother you when they see you with it. If cop found out you just have the frame and not a true member, you will be screw
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_WC View Post
Basically a "get out of tickets" license frame.

11-99 is a private non profit organization, license frame is simply a gift for making a cash donation.

Price is about what I see them always selling for.
not exactly, a few friends of mine have this plate, they still got their tickets (and they were pissed)

and this foundation is for chp... if cops see you with it, from what i heard they are actually more "pissed off" in some sense
__________________
rominl is offline  
0
      09-12-2009, 05:10 PM   #12
gthirtyfizle
Colonel
 
gthirtyfizle's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 AW
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NYC

Posts: 2,663
iTrader: (4)

I will make u a deal... I will buy the frame from u fror $250, hell, even $300.... BUT, if i should get a ticket, u refund me back my $250-$300 plus u pay for my ticket.. DEAL?
gthirtyfizle is offline  
0
      09-12-2009, 05:19 PM   #13
M3NNIS
Colonel
 
M3NNIS's Avatar
 
Drives: a truck for now
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: DFW

Posts: 2,190
iTrader: (6)

Send a message via AIM to M3NNIS Send a message via MSN to M3NNIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gthirtyfizle View Post
I will make u a deal... I will buy the frame from u fror $250, hell, even $300.... BUT, if i should get a ticket, u refund me back my $250-$300 plus u pay for my ticket.. DEAL?
LOL
__________________
M3NNIS is offline  
0
      09-12-2009, 08:43 PM   #14
MaverickNemesis
Captain
 
Drives: Your Girl Crazy
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Gotham City, New York

Posts: 788
iTrader: (3)

if u want a free get out of ticket thing just become a cop like me lol
MaverickNemesis is offline  
0
      09-12-2009, 09:33 PM   #15
endofanera7
Major General
 
endofanera7's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 JB E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bay Area, CA

Posts: 5,172
iTrader: (15)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [5.00]
Send a message via AIM to endofanera7 Send a message via MSN to endofanera7
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickNemesis View Post
if u want a free get out of ticket thing just become a cop like me lol
hi, can we be friend for ever?
endofanera7 is offline   No_Country
0
      09-12-2009, 09:58 PM   #16
MAZNG
I found Jesus...He was Hiding behiind my Sofa
 
MAZNG's Avatar
 
Drives: :o)
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: 954 - SoFla

Posts: 954
iTrader: (14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickNemesis View Post
if u want a free get out of ticket thing just become a cop like me lol
Real funny, but quite true... and some of you guys wonder why the rest of us question your authority or even respect public servants that are law braking hypocrites.
MAZNG is offline   United_States
0
      09-13-2009, 03:07 AM   #17
Dariess2
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 09 jet black on black m3
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Orlando, Fl

Posts: 43
iTrader: (0)

where are the encrusted diamonds???
Dariess2 is offline   United_States
0
      09-13-2009, 03:22 AM   #18
KANdaddy
Lieutenant Colonel
 
KANdaddy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Estoril 328i M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cali

Posts: 1,708
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by buschy View Post
I have a hard time believing that this plate gets you out of tickets.
however for $249 I think it does have a built in oil slick, that might help.
It works. I've been a member for about 7 years. I am 5 for 5 getting out of tickets. One of which I was doing over 95 on the 405.
__________________
KANdaddy is offline  
0
      09-13-2009, 04:56 AM   #19
Jaguar66
M Power
 
Jaguar66's Avatar
 
Drives: '09 ///M-Sport 135i
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Rafael

Posts: 1,471
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by R35 View Post
Hello,



I'm selling my authentic CHP 11-99 Foundation license plate frame (batch is not included). The frame made out of metal not plastic. The price $249 shipped by USPS Priority Mail. Only PayPal payment is accepted.

Please move on if you think the price is too high for this license plate frame. It's just a frame to hold your license plate in place. There is nothing special about it but you will love it.

Thank you all!
TN
Sir,

Your are attempting to go against the CHP 11-99 Foundations rules, and sale of such frames is considered illegal. .

If it is a fake it should be destroyed.

If it is genuine, you should return the frame to the Foundation ASAP. It legally belongs to them.

http://gotplates.wordpress.com/2009/...-plate-frames/

http://www.chp11-99.org/news/news_sh...?doc_id=705141

http://www.chp11-99.org/usr_doc/CHP1...ewsRelease.pdf
Jaguar66 is offline   Cayman Islands
0
      09-13-2009, 06:55 AM   #20
M3NNIS
Colonel
 
M3NNIS's Avatar
 
Drives: a truck for now
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: DFW

Posts: 2,190
iTrader: (6)

Send a message via AIM to M3NNIS Send a message via MSN to M3NNIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAZNG View Post
Real funny, but quite true... and some of you guys wonder why the rest of us question your authority or even respect public servants that are law braking hypocrites.
Look at it from another view. its a small perk that comes with the dangerous and low paying job. maybe he doesnt write speeding tickets.
__________________
M3NNIS is offline  
0
      09-13-2009, 03:46 PM   #21
Jaguar66
M Power
 
Jaguar66's Avatar
 
Drives: '09 ///M-Sport 135i
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Rafael

Posts: 1,471
iTrader: (3)

Your statement that there is nothing special about it is deceiving.

FYI, I have forwarded a link to this thread to the CHP 11 99 Foundation.
Jaguar66 is offline   Cayman Islands
0
      09-13-2009, 04:46 PM   #22
MaverickNemesis
Captain
 
Drives: Your Girl Crazy
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Gotham City, New York

Posts: 788
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAZNG View Post
Real funny, but quite true... and some of you guys wonder why the rest of us question your authority or even respect public servants that are law braking hypocrites.
because we are the ones that put our lives on the line to protect guys like you and your family. And its not abusing power it just doesnt make sense to give a cop a ticket when thats what we do for a living and go to court for the cases all the time. I would think a cop knows how to win a case....
MaverickNemesis is offline  
0
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:37 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST