BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion
 
BPM Sport
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-11-2009, 05:24 PM   #23
RambleJ
Colonel
RambleJ's Avatar
No_Country
27
Rep
2,013
Posts

 
Drives: F10 535i M-sport
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Back in teh so cal

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayemthree View Post
we dont have a birth cert so we don't even know who his real father is. look at pictures. he looks nothing like Obama Sr. who is Kenyen. Pres. Obama doesnt even look Kenyen at all. My assistant is African and they can tell whcih country in africa you are from a lot by looks. Obama does not have a Kenyan look.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2009, 06:15 PM   #24
TMNT
Captain
41
Rep
875
Posts

 
Drives: 330ci ZHP
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: VA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayemthree View Post
we dont have a birth cert so we don't even know who his real father is. look at pictures. he looks nothing like Obama Sr. who is Kenyen. Pres. Obama doesnt even look Kenyen at all. My assistant is African and they can tell whcih country in africa you are from a lot by looks. Obama does not have a Kenyan look.
You can't possibly believe the stuff you type. All this must be a joke
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2009, 07:04 PM   #25
doubled24
Private First Class
3
Rep
116
Posts

 
Drives: 07 e92
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: TX

iTrader: (0)

TMNT, I'm sure if you put 10 minutes into it you could write a much more damning list of the previous President and his chronies. This is all spin, nothing more. IF there was something to any of this, McCain and his army of researchers would have raised a shitstorm about half of this stuff.

If Obama spent time defending half of this shit he wouldn't have time to get anything done. Of course, thats probably what you guys want. Yell, scream, bitch, and moan about everything to get him off task, then parade around when he fails to get a bunch of shit he set out to do done. I need to start researching how to renounce my citizenship, the holier-than-thou half of this country is an embarrassment.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2009, 07:17 PM   #26
shpirate87
Captain
12
Rep
706
Posts

 
Drives: 335ix
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubled24 View Post
I need to start researching how to renounce my citizenship, the holier-than-thou half of this country is an embarrassment.
The information you are looking for is here.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2009, 07:21 PM   #27
doubled24
Private First Class
3
Rep
116
Posts

 
Drives: 07 e92
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpirate87 View Post
The information you are looking for is here.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

am I reading this correctly-- I can give up my citizenship but I still have to pay taxes to the US? rofl.

I've got Irish and Canadian citizenships, when I find a job in the EU in my field I won't hesitate to follow thru.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2009, 08:14 PM   #28
shpirate87
Captain
12
Rep
706
Posts

 
Drives: 335ix
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubled24 View Post
am I reading this correctly-- I can give up my citizenship but I still have to pay taxes to the US? rofl.

I've got Irish and Canadian citizenships, when I find a job in the EU in my field I won't hesitate to follow thru.
Why wait?

Airfares are low now. Please leave.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2009, 12:50 AM   #29
sayemthree
Brigadier General
sayemthree's Avatar
128
Rep
4,845
Posts

 
Drives: bmw
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: usa

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubled24 View Post
TMNT, I'm sure if you put 10 minutes into it you could write a much more damning list of the previous President and his chronies. This is all spin, nothing more. IF there was something to any of this, McCain and his army of researchers would have raised a shitstorm about half of this stuff.

If Obama spent time defending half of this shit he wouldn't have time to get anything done. Of course, thats probably what you guys want. Yell, scream, bitch, and moan about everything to get him off task, then parade around when he fails to get a bunch of shit he set out to do done. I need to start researching how to renounce my citizenship, the holier-than-thou half of this country is an embarrassment.
he is defending it. he is using the courts to keep his birth cert sealed. if he has nothing to hide then simply let it out.

he doesnt need to defend anything. just publis the real birth cert. simple. done. birthers silenced.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2009, 07:56 PM   #30
4nroots
Subluxator
4nroots's Avatar
Canada
19
Rep
450
Posts

 
Drives: E90 335d, E93 M3
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayemthree View Post
he is defending it. he is using the courts to keep his birth cert sealed. if he has nothing to hide then simply let it out.

he doesnt need to defend anything. just publis the real birth cert. simple. done. birthers silenced.
I have quickly learned to ignore these posts. Scottwww et al obviously have nothing better to do with their time. The whole issue of his birth certificate is so 2008. Here are the facts:

Link1

Link2
__________________
E90 335d LeMans Blue, M-Sport, Exec, Premium, Nav, 260s
E93 M3 Space Grey, Fully loaded
If I lived in Germany, I'd be proud to drive domestic!
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2009, 08:09 PM   #31
geoff2010
Autobot Support Team
geoff2010's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
353
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 Dinan S3 550 xDrive
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Boulder, CO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaiman View Post
I can't read
kind of like most of the republicans in this country....
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2009, 02:11 AM   #32
sayemthree
Brigadier General
sayemthree's Avatar
128
Rep
4,845
Posts

 
Drives: bmw
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: usa

iTrader: (0)

there would be no such posts if Barack would just release his real BC.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2009, 08:44 AM   #33
doubled24
Private First Class
3
Rep
116
Posts

 
Drives: 07 e92
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: TX

iTrader: (0)

Appreciate 0
      09-16-2009, 07:39 PM   #34
scottwww
Brigadier General
scottwww's Avatar
United_States
167
Rep
4,759
Posts

 
Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Alan Keyes rightly calls Obama a radical communist
__________________
2007 BMW 335i E92, Montego Blue on Cream Beige, MT, ZSP, ZPP, CA, PDC, CWP and Style 188 for winter

offTopic - politics - ChoppedPhoto
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2009, 10:25 PM   #35
Accord
U.S. Marine
Accord's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
186
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 Coupe (MB Red)
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Afghanistan / Camp Lejeune, NC / Boca Raton, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 305e92 View Post
Curious to know who doesnt have a few skeletons in there closet. We all do so who gives a shit about all that list.
Because he's the fucking president.
__________________
2008 E92 M3 Coupe | Melbourne Red | Black Novillo Leather | BMW Performance Digital Steering Wheel | BBS CH-Black Wheels | Formula One Pinnacle Tine 20% | Remus Race Exhaust | Evosport Underdrive Pulley | RPi Ram Air Induction Kit | BMC Air Filter | Matte Black Kidney Grills | Carbon Fiber Side Vents | Carbon Fiber Mirrors | Hamann Carbon Fiber Rear Diffusor | Hamann Carbon Fiber Lip (RIP!!!)
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2009, 07:33 AM   #36
jaiman
Captain
9
Rep
657
Posts

 
Drives: very fast
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accord View Post
Because he's the fucking president.
And your Commander in Chief, so perhaps you should be a touch more respectful.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2009, 08:00 AM   #37
TexAg06
Second Lieutenant
3
Rep
231
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 E90
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaiman View Post
And your Commander in Chief, so perhaps you should be a touch more respectful.
why should anyone respect him? i wasn't a bush fan, but the character assassination on him was far worse than what is being done to nobama.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2009, 08:20 AM   #38
jaiman
Captain
9
Rep
657
Posts

 
Drives: very fast
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexAg06 View Post
why should anyone respect him? i wasn't a bush fan, but the character assassination on him was far worse than what is being done to nobama.
I'd expect that those in the Marines (like the guy whose post I quoted) have had respect for the Chain of Command drilled into them.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2009, 08:58 AM   #39
TexAg06
Second Lieutenant
3
Rep
231
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 E90
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaiman View Post
I'd expect that those in the Marines (like the guy whose post I quoted) have had respect for the Chain of Command drilled into them.
nice misdirection
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2009, 09:06 AM   #40
ragingclue
One cam is enough
ragingclue's Avatar
87
Rep
6,815
Posts

 
Drives: VF
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: mulletville

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaiman View Post
I'd expect that those in the Marines (like the guy whose post I quoted) have had respect for the Chain of Command drilled into them.
An enlisted Marine has no such obligation to the Commander in Cheif bound by the UCMJ. Unless you yourself were a Marine, I'd recommend you refrain from telling one what he should or shouldn't be saying. Just because he is a Marine doesn't mean he gave up ALL of his freedoms that HE is actively fighting for.

And I fail to see how his comment was even out of line. The "fucking" in his post was placed to emphasize how important the position of President was in regards to the topic. Doesn't look to me like it was meant in a disrespectful manner at all.

I would think that the military would be the ones who have the biggest right to an opinion of the commander-in-cheif. After all, whoever is in that office may be deciding whether you live or die.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2009, 09:25 AM   #41
jaiman
Captain
9
Rep
657
Posts

 
Drives: very fast
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
An enlisted Marine has no such obligation to the Commander in Cheif bound by the UCMJ. Unless you yourself were a Marine, I'd recommend you refrain from telling one what he should or shouldn't be saying. Just because he is a Marine doesn't mean he gave up ALL of his freedoms that HE is actively fighting for.

And I fail to see how his comment was even out of line. The "fucking" in his post was placed to emphasize how important the position of President was in regards to the topic. Doesn't look to me like it was meant in a disrespectful manner at all.

I would think that the military would be the ones who have the biggest right to an opinion of the commander-in-cheif. After all, whoever is in that office may be deciding whether you live or die.
You're right, I haven't served. I just found "fucking president" to be disrespectful, regardless of who the President is (maybe the lack of capitalization in President is what got me).
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2009, 09:27 AM   #42
jaiman
Captain
9
Rep
657
Posts

 
Drives: very fast
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexAg06 View Post
nice misdirection
You want me to answer why I think Americans should respect their President? Or compare and contrast the shots that each side have taken at Obama and Bush?
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2009, 09:32 AM   #43
Septro
Banned
28
Rep
1,649
Posts

 
Drives: '08 e90 335xi
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: C-Bus, OH

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
An enlisted Marine has no such obligation to the Commander in Cheif bound by the UCMJ. Unless you yourself were a Marine, I'd recommend you refrain from telling one what he should or shouldn't be saying. Just because he is a Marine doesn't mean he gave up ALL of his freedoms that HE is actively fighting for.

And I fail to see how his comment was even out of line. The "fucking" in his post was placed to emphasize how important the position of President was in regards to the topic. Doesn't look to me like it was meant in a disrespectful manner at all.

I would think that the military would be the ones who have the biggest right to an opinion of the commander-in-cheif. After all, whoever is in that office may be deciding whether you live or die.
Kinda half-right.

Article 88 is explicit about the speech used against the President and it applies to officers exclusively:
Quote:
“Any commissioned officer who uses contemptuous words against the President, the Vice President, Congress, the Secretary of Defense, the Secretary of a military department, the Secretary of Transportation, or the Governor or legislature of any State, Territory, Commonwealth, or possession in which he is on duty or present shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.”
Article 134 applies to everybody as the 'catch-all' article and can and has been used for speech which would be considered prejudicial to good order:
Quote:
"Though not specifically mentioned in this chapter, all disorders and neglects to the prejudice of good order and discipline in the armed forces, all conduct of a nature to bring discredit upon the armed forces, and crimes and offenses not capital, of which persons subject to this chapter may be guilty, shall be taken cognizance of by a general, special , or summary court-martial, according to the nature and degree of the offense, and shall be punished at the discretion of that court."
Yea it kinda sucks - having to write Article134 charges on someone leaves a lot of room under the umbrella but it's really only used for pretty bad behaviour that the MCM doesn't explicitly define (adultery, drunken disorderly, etc..) Hate speech would be one or publicly admonishing the President would be the other.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2009, 09:35 AM   #44
Septro
Banned
28
Rep
1,649
Posts

 
Drives: '08 e90 335xi
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: C-Bus, OH

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaiman View Post
You're right, I haven't served. I just found "fucking president" to be disrespectful, regardless of who the President is (maybe the lack of capitalization in President is what got me).
well it does say you're a Lieutenant under your name... good enuf for me
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:04 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST