BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

GetBMWParts

04-29-2011, 11:59 PM   #155
Prowess Symphony
Major General

Drives: ///Mistress

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotchAndCigar View Post
You created a thread in the politics forum, in which you don't want any disagreement?

Oh my god! Look at the constitution! And STOP with the committee - there was no committee! The US Senate ruled on the retroactive nature of US territories in Panama. A US born person is eligible to be president, the parents only matter if the person is born outside the US. Arnold WAS NOT born in the US - that's why he can't be president. You need help!

I never stated that I dont want disagreement, dont put words in my mouth. It was YOU who first said that I should leave the thread I created for some reason.

Funny because a chairperson and co-sponsors sounds like a committee or hearing or whatever you want to call it that proved McCain was eligible. Hilary also wanted Obama checked but that didnt happen.

And I have read the constitution. It doesnt actually state what "natural born citizen" is. However the founding fathers describe it in other documents and its pretty easy to understand. A citizen must be natural born to be president. The term "natural born" is what needs to be defined.

The naturalization act of 1790 from Congress defined "natural born citizen" as being born of two citizen parents. The act is superseded and states that one parent must be a resident for over 5 years which his mother wasnt old enough to transfer the citizenship. Obamas father isnt a citizen? Am I missing something?

And I guess we should just forget that he was adopted in a foreign country, gave up his american citizenship, used a foreign passport to travel to pakistan and was legally named barry soetoro?

Last edited by Prowess Symphony; 04-30-2011 at 12:07 AM.
Prowess Symphony is offline   United_States
      04-30-2011, 12:03 AM   #156
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Drives: 2011 128i space gray vert

BTW, not adopted, used stepfather's name in Indonesia.
ScotchAndCigar is offline   United_States
      04-30-2011, 12:10 AM   #157
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowess Symphony View Post
A citizen must be natural born to be president.
No.

No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President

And I explained the reason for a ruling on McCain - the US base in Panama. Obama was US born, therefore no ruling needed. What else needs to be said?
      04-30-2011, 12:11 AM   #158
Prowess Symphony
Major General

Garage List
Quote:
BTW, not adopted, used stepfather's name in Indonesia.
I guess Obamas own wife who states more then once he was adopted in interviews is wrong. Michelle states that he was adopted and there are official adoption papers which he wont release.

Obama himself stated that he legally became an indonesian citizen and his name was legally changed to Barry. There is no record of him legally changing it back. Dual citizenship isnt possible, so by his own admission when he became an indonesian citizen he lost his american citizenship. Also he could not have traveled to pakistan without his indonesian passport.

He legally could not have been an indonesian citizen and american citizen at the same time. There is no record of him regaining his citizenship HOWEVER even if he did regain it, he would be considered naturalized, not natural born, thus ineligible.

Last edited by Prowess Symphony; 04-30-2011 at 12:19 AM.
      04-30-2011, 12:17 AM   #159
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Quote:
I guess Obamas own wife who states more then once he was adopted in interviews is wrong.
What interviews? Show me.
      04-30-2011, 12:22 AM   #160
Prowess Symphony
Major General

Garage List
Quote:
What interviews? Show me.

Here is the direct quote from Michelle. She states more then once he was adopted by a foreigner.

"There is no shame in being adopted by a step father. All dirt has been thrown onto my husband’s face and yet he loves this country. My husband and I know that there is no law that will stop him from becoming the president, just because some American white racists are bringing up the issue of my husband’s adoption by His step father. The important thing here is where my husband’s heart is at the moment. I can tell the American people that My husband loves this country and his adoption never changed his love for this country. He was born in Hawaii, yes, and that gives him all the right to be an American citizen even though he was adopted by a foreigner"

However even if he wasnt adopted he became a indonesian citizen by his OWN admission. Indonesia doesnt allow dual citizenship, thus he stopped being a citizen, never regained usa citizenship and couldnt be president even if he did. Adopted or not he gave up his citizenship to indonesia making him ineligible regardless of birthplace or natural born status.
      04-30-2011, 12:24 AM   #161
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Quote:
Obama himself stated that he legally became an indonesian citizen and his name was legally changed to Barry.
Yeah, because when you're born with a Muslim name, and you move to a Muslim country, first thing you do is change your name to an American one. You need to find a hobby or something. Barry was his childhood nickname.
      04-30-2011, 12:28 AM   #162
Prowess Symphony
Major General

Garage List
Quote:
Yeah, because when you're born with a Muslim name, and you move to a Muslim country, first thing you do is change your name to an American one. You need to find a hobby or something. Barry was his childhood nickname.
I have hobbies thanks. Forget the name. He admitted that he was an indonesian citizen. Indonesia doesnt allow for dual citizenship with the usa thus he lost his usa citizenship and even if he got it back cant be president. Whats difficult to understand. He admitted to being a citizen of other country, couldnt have dual citizenship, used the foreign passport to travel to pakistan, thus cant be president.

Im not really sure why you feel the need to personally insult me and cant seem to stick to the discussion. Even if i was wrong talking about me or my habits is uncalled for. You have called people numerous names in this thread, brought up drug use, said other ridiculous things and it just looks childish.
      04-30-2011, 12:33 AM   #163
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Quote:
Here is the direct quote from Michelle. She states more then once he was adopted by a foreigner.

"There is no shame in being adopted by a step father. All dirt has been thrown onto my husband’s face and yet he loves this country. My husband and I know that there is no law that will stop him from becoming the president, just because some American white racists are bringing up the issue of my husband’s adoption by His step father. The important thing here is where my husband’s heart is at the moment. I can tell the American people that My husband loves this country and his adoption never changed his love for this country. He was born in Hawaii, yes, and that gives him all the right to be an American citizen even though he was adopted by a foreigner"

However even if he wasnt adopted he became a indonesian citizen by his OWN admission. Indonesia doesnt allow dual citizenship, thus he stopped being a citizen, never regained usa citizenship and couldnt be president even if he did. Adopted or not he gave up his citizenship to indonesia making him ineligible regardless of birthplace or natural born status.
Good quote - from newsmaxx, I assume? Try getting me a real quote of something she actually said, with references. Besides, she might have used the word adopted to mean "taken-in", not legally adopted. Either way, it don't matter.

In fact, none of this matters - he is US born, end of story. He's been President for several years now, and unless the world comes to an end, he will be reelected in 2012. There has not been, nor will there be, any legal action regarding his citizenship. I'm done debating this non-issue with the likes of the uninformed.
      04-30-2011, 12:36 AM   #164
BKsBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2006 330xi Titanium Silver

Garage List
2006 330xi  [5.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:

There was no such interview. It was one of many smear campaigns created by right wing bloggers during the 2008 election season. The bogus interview was supposed to be with a publication called African Press International. They have debunked it.
330xi/TiAg/Black/Alum/6sp/ZPP/ZSP/Nav/CA/CW/PDC/Sirius Satellite Radio/OEM Spoiler/Blacklines/19" Axis Hiro Hyper Silver/Toyo Proxes 4 Ultra High Performance all season F 235/35/19 R 265/30/19/10mm spacers F/15mm spacers R/M3 front bumber/M-tech rear bumper
      04-30-2011, 12:37 AM   #165
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Quote:
thus cant be president.
Can and is.
And rather than reiterating your lies, demeaning language, and insults, I'll just bid you adieu.
      04-30-2011, 12:37 AM   #166
Prowess Symphony
Major General

Garage List
Quote:
Good quote - from newsmaxx, I assume? Try getting me a real quote of something she actually said, with references. Besides, she might have used the word adopted to mean "taken-in", not legally adopted. Either way, it don't matter.

In fact, none of this matters - he is US born, end of story. He's been President for several years now, and unless the world comes to an end, he will be reelected in 2012. There has not been, nor will there be, any legal action regarding his citizenship. I'm done debating this non-issue with the likes of the uninformed.

Being us born means nothing if you lose your citizenship like obama did when he became a citizen of indonesia so yes it does matter. Im sorry that fact is hard for you to handle. There are numerous court cases both by federal judges, lawyers, and an army officer who are currently challenging Obamas eligibility, not sure why you think there isnt any legal action, there is alot.

Fact: Obama admitted to legally becoming an indonesian citizen.
Fact: At that time dual citizenship with indonesia was impossible.

Obama lost his citizenship and even if he got it back he would no longer be considered natural born.
      04-30-2011, 12:38 AM   #167
Prowess Symphony
Major General

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKsBimmer View Post
There was no such interview. It was one of many smear campaigns created by right wing bloggers during the 2008 election season. The bogus interview was supposed to be with a publication called African Press International. They have debunked it.
If that is the case I apologize and retract the statement.
      04-30-2011, 12:39 AM   #168
BKsBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel

Garage List
2006 330xi  [5.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
And I guess we should just forget that he was adopted in a foreign country, gave up his american citizenship, used a foreign passport to travel to pakistan and was legally named barry soetoro?
Because Obama was born in the U.S., he could not lose his citizenship as a child. It could be revoked only if he became a citizen of another country as an adult, and if that country didn’t permit dual citizenship.
330xi/TiAg/Black/Alum/6sp/ZPP/ZSP/Nav/CA/CW/PDC/Sirius Satellite Radio/OEM Spoiler/Blacklines/19" Axis Hiro Hyper Silver/Toyo Proxes 4 Ultra High Performance all season F 235/35/19 R 265/30/19/10mm spacers F/15mm spacers R/M3 front bumber/M-tech rear bumper
      04-30-2011, 12:39 AM   #169
Prowess Symphony
Major General

Garage List
Quote:
Can and is.
And rather than reiterating your lies, demeaning language, and insults, I'll just bid you adieu.
I have never called anyone a name or brought up your personal life like you did to me. Not sure what "insults" your talking about. See ya.
      04-30-2011, 12:43 AM   #170
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Quote:
There are numerous court cases both by federal judges, lawyers, and an army officer who are currently challenging Obamas eligibility, not sure why you think there isnt any legal action, there is alot.
None have gotten anywhere, all have been struck down. It will not come up again. Good night.
      04-30-2011, 12:43 AM   #171
Prowess Symphony
Major General

Garage List
Quote:
Because Obama was born in the U.S., he could not lose his citizenship as a child. It could be revoked only if he became a citizen of another country as an adult, and if that country didn’t permit dual citizenship.
There is his actual school card from indonesia showing his adopted name of barry soetoro, the fact that he was an indonesian citizen, and religion as muslim, thus lost his citizenship or had a forged card. Even Obamas mom when talking with the state department used his adopted name and asked that obama be dropped from her passport as children didnt need their own back then.

So his own mom used his adopted name when speaking with the state department and asked that he be dropped from the usa passport and his school card shows he was an indonesian citizen and Obama himself stated that he became a LEGAL indonesian citizen, which meant he gave up his american citizenship as indonesia didnt allow for dual citizenship. If he didnt become a legal citizen of indonesia he couldnt have traveled to pakistan. So even if he was natural born, the loss of his citizenship when in indonesia disqualifies him.
      04-30-2011, 12:44 AM   #172
BKsBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel

Garage List
2006 330xi  [5.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
This can be found on the website usconstitution.org

This is relevant to the earlier debate about what constitutes a natural born citizen in the U.S. It clearly states that one simply need be born in the U.S. to have natural born status.

Constitutional Topic: Citizenship

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Constitutional Topics pages at the USConstitution.net site are presented to delve deeper into topics than can be provided on the Glossary Page or in the FAQ pages. This Topic Page concerns Citizenship. Citizenship is mentioned in Article 1, Section 2, Article 1, Section 3, Article 1, Section 8, Article 2, Section 1, and in the 14th Amendment and several subsequent amendments.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you're going to be involved in government in the United States, citizenship is a must. To be a Senator or Representative, you must be a citizen of the United States. To be President, not only must you be a citizen, but you must also be natural-born. Aside from participation in government, citizenship is an honor bestowed upon people by the citizenry of the United States when a non-citizen passes the required tests and submits to an oath.

Natural-born citizen

Who is a natural-born citizen? Who, in other words, is a citizen at birth, such that that person can be a President someday?

The 14th Amendment defines citizenship this way: "All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside." But even this does not get specific enough. As usual, the Constitution provides the framework for the law, but it is the law that fills in the gaps. The Constitution authorizes the Congress to do create clarifying legislation in Section 5 of the 14th Amendment; the Constitution, in Article 1, Section 8, Clause 4, also allows the Congress to create law regarding naturalization, which includes citizenship.

Currently, Title 8 of the U.S. Code fills in the gaps left by the Constitution. Section 1401 defines the following as people who are "citizens of the United States at birth:"
•Anyone born inside the United States *
•Any Indian or Eskimo born in the United States, provided being a citizen of the U.S. does not impair the person's status as a citizen of the tribe
•Any one born outside the United States, both of whose parents are citizens of the U.S., as long as one parent has lived in the U.S.
•Any one born outside the United States, if one parent is a citizen and lived in the U.S. for at least one year and the other parent is a U.S. national
•Any one born in a U.S. possession, if one parent is a citizen and lived in the U.S. for at least one year
•Any one found in the U.S. under the age of five, whose parentage cannot be determined, as long as proof of non-citizenship is not provided by age 21
•Any one born outside the United States, if one parent is an alien and as long as the other parent is a citizen of the U.S. who lived in the U.S. for at least five years (with military and diplomatic service included in this time)
•A final, historical condition: a person born before 5/24/1934 of an alien father and a U.S. citizen mother who has lived in the U.S.

* There is an exception in the law — the person must be "subject to the jurisdiction" of the United States. This would exempt the child of a diplomat, for example, from this provision.

Anyone falling into these categories is considered natural-born, and is eligible to run for President or Vice President. These provisions allow the children of military families to be considered natural-born, for example.

Separate sections handle territories that the United States has acquired over time, such as Puerto Rico (8 USC 1402), Alaska (8 USC 1404), Hawaii (8 USC 1405), the U.S. Virgin Islands (8 USC 1406), and Guam (8 USC 1407). Each of these sections confer citizenship on persons living in these territories as of a certain date, and usually confer natural-born status on persons born in those territories after that date. For example, for Puerto Rico, all persons born in Puerto Rico between April 11, 1899, and January 12, 1941, are automatically conferred citizenship as of the date the law was signed by the President (June 27, 1952). Additionally, all persons born in Puerto Rico on or after January 13, 1941, are natural-born citizens of the United States. Note that because of when the law was passed, for some, the natural-born status was retroactive.

The law contains one other section of historical note, concerning the Panama Canal Zone and the nation of Panama. In 8 USC 1403, the law states that anyone born in the Canal Zone or in Panama itself, on or after February 26, 1904, to a mother and/or father who is a United States citizen, was "declared" to be a United States citizen. Note that the terms "natural-born" or "citizen at birth" are missing from this section.

In 2008, when Arizona Senator John McCain ran for president on the Republican ticket, some theorized that because McCain was born in the Canal Zone, he was not actually qualified to be president. However, it should be noted that section 1403 was written to apply to a small group of people to whom section 1401 did not apply. McCain is a natural-born citizen under 8 USC 1401(c): "a person born outside of the United States and its outlying possessions of parents both of whom are citizens of the United States and one of whom has had a residence in the United States or one of its outlying possessions, prior to the birth of such person." Not everyone agrees that this section includes McCain — but absent a court ruling either way, we must presume citizenship.
      04-30-2011, 12:46 AM   #173
BKsBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel

Garage List
2006 330xi  [5.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
There is his actual school card from indonesia showing his adopted name of barry soetoro, the fact that he was an indonesian citizen, and religion as muslim, thus lost his citizenship or had a forged card. Even Obamas mom when talking with the state department used his adopted name and asked that obama be dropped from her passport as children didnt need their own back then. So his own mom used his adopted name when speaking with the state department and asked that he be dropped from the usa passport and his school card shows he was an indonesian citizen.
Please provide proof of your statements. What are the sources?
      04-30-2011, 12:51 AM   #174
Prowess Symphony
Major General

Garage List
Quote:
Please provide proof of your statements. What are the sources?
Obama talks about it and his records show that he moved to indonesia as a child and attended school there for many years and was adopted. Changed his name to Barry Soetoro, became a indonesian citizen and traveled to pakistan in 83 I believe. Indonesia doesnt allow for dual citizenship nor could us citizens travel to pakistan.

Im not providing a link as a search will show this info. Obama living in indonesia isnt something thats debated, its public record in his biography. The debate isnt about him living in indonesia, thats a fact, its about how he could get a passport from their and attend school their if not a citizen and how he got to pakistan. But since indonesia doesnt allow dual citizenship when he became an indonesian citizen that erased his american one.
      04-30-2011, 12:53 AM   #175
BKsBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel

Garage List
2006 330xi  [5.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Obama talks about it and his records show that he moved to indonesia as a child and attended school there for many years and was adopted. Changed his name to Barry Soetoro, became a indonesian citizen and traveled to pakistan in 83 I believe. Indonesia doesnt allow for dual citizenship nor allowed travel to pakistan.

Im not providing a link as a search will show this info. Obama living in indonesia isnt something thats debated, its public record.
A link isn't necessary. I would just like to know the source you are quoting.
      04-30-2011, 12:55 AM   #176
ghosthi32
Banned

Drives: Water camel

its called his ass