BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Evolve Automotive

04-27-2011, 11:12 AM   #67
11Series

Drives: BMW turned up to 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldArmy View Post
Shep Smith is actually a cyborg, just look at him. Not to be trusted.

I have relatives that think he's a crazy fricking liberal and mute Fox when he is on the screen.
Do they also put their hand up to block the light from the sun, and then claim it is nighttime?
      04-27-2011, 01:18 PM   #68
VenomBMW
Banned

Drives: 128i Convertible

I just want to see his college records and thesis. Bush showed us his straight C Yale grades now let's see obamas.
VenomBMW is offline   United_States
      04-27-2011, 02:06 PM   #69
ghosthi32
Banned

Drives: Water camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomBMW View Post
I just want to see his college records and thesis. Bush showed us his straight C Yale grades now let's see obamas.
more important things to worry about right now
      04-27-2011, 02:18 PM   #70
KingOfJericho
Major General

Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [2.63]
Quote:
Bush didn't willingly show them, they were leaked. Obama graduated Magna Cum Laude from Harvard Law so that should give some indication.

2010 S4 Current | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Retired
KingOfJericho is offline   United_States
      04-27-2011, 02:38 PM   #71
infinitekid2002
Creepin while ya sleepin

Drives: Like a Bat out of Hell

Garage List
2008 135i  [3.71]
I want to see Obama's family tree and his DNA sequence

All that's important now are the policies...lets get someone who isn't going to spend us into oblivion.
      04-27-2011, 02:42 PM   #72
11Series

Quote:
Obama was right. Birthers will never be satisfied.
      04-27-2011, 02:51 PM   #73
11Series

I just got emailed about name calling. Now I have to point out that it was VenomBMW who called himself a "Birther" first, not me. So nobody get all butthurt about it.

Quote:
He might've been born here but something on his birth certificate says something that would embarrass him. It probably says he's a Muslim. But I suppose I consider myself a "birther."

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showp...7&postcount=53
      04-27-2011, 06:35 PM   #74
scottwww
Brigadier General

Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
I am glad to see that he finally released the long-form birth certificate.* Why was that so hard?* I had thought there must be something in it that was worth his spending millions of dollars to fight in court to get away with not showing it.* But it looks like nothing interesting.

Did he do it so that the media would cooperate with him to try to make those who asked to see his proof of birth look like they belong to a fringe population?* It seems only once that fringe became a significant proportion of the population did he decide to give up on his strategy and give it up.

For me, this puts to bed the demand that he show the long-form birth certificate.* It does not answer the serious question about whether his becoming an Indonesian citizen, and then again to become an American would eliminiate the claim on being a Natural Born Citizen.* To this, I don't have an answer.* Also, what about his father being a British subject and his mother being under the age for her US citizenship to devolve to her son?* Is it fair to say that Obama is a Naturalized citizen according to the US Constitution in the 14th Amendment?
Amendment 14 - Citizenship Rights. Ratified 7/9/1868. Note History
1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
There is an interesting argument that to be a Natural Born citizen, you must be not only born on U.S. soil (this is where John McCain failed by being born at the Colon Hospital in the Republic of Panama) but you must also have parents that are U.S. citizens. I would have to go back again to look at U.S. statues (it was quite some time ago I was researching what are the requirements for the status of Natural Born citizen when it was a McCain issue) to verify what I remember that since 1930s one parent is enough to determine citizenship, not just the father. And I don't remember whether the parent's age played a role as I have heard may be a factor in the case in regard to Stanley Ann Dunham. If Barry's citizenship were derived from both his father and his place of birth, then perhaps he could not be called a Natural Born citizen, but instead a Naturalized citizen who cannot serve as president.

Having written about this, I don't intend to pursue it as it is a distraction from other issues that the general public cares about. But I will still read the Jerome Corsi book if it gets released.

BTW: What would Barry Soetoro answer to all the new questions on the proposed form DS-5513? I couldn't even answer those questions about my own birth.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf birth-certificate-long-form.pdf (376.3 KB, 72 views)

offTopic - politics - ChoppedPhoto

Last edited by scottwww; 04-27-2011 at 06:41 PM. Reason: added PDF
scottwww is offline   United_States
      04-27-2011, 06:37 PM   #75
scottwww
Brigadier General

Quote:
Michelle Obama's thesis is out there. I haven't read it, but heard that it shows her true colors.
      04-27-2011, 06:43 PM   #76
infinitekid2002
Creepin while ya sleepin

Garage List
2008 135i  [3.71]
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
Michelle Obama's thesis is out there. I haven't read it, but heard that it shows her true colors.
George Soros approves lol.
      04-27-2011, 06:53 PM   #77
11Series

Quote:
I am glad to see that he finally released the long-form birth certificate.* Why was that so hard?* I had thought there must be something in it that was worth his spending millions of dollars to fight in court to get away with not showing it.* But it looks like nothing interesting.

Did he do it so that the media would cooperate with him to try to make those who asked to see his proof of birth look like they belong to a fringe population?* It seems only once that fringe became a significant proportion of the population did he decide to give up on his strategy and give it up.

For me, this puts to bed the demand that he show the long-form birth certificate.* It does not answer the serious question about whether his becoming an Indonesian citizen, and then again to become an American would eliminiate the claim on being a Natural Born Citizen.* To this, I don't have an answer.* Also, what about his father being a British subject and his mother being under the age for her US citizenship to devolve to her son?* Is it fair to say that Obama is a Naturalized citizen according to the US Constitution in the 14th Amendment?
1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
There is an interesting argument that to be a Natural Born citizen, you must be not only born on U.S. soil (this is where John McCain failed by being born at the Colon Hospital in the Republic of Panama) but you must also have parents that are U.S. citizens. I would have to go back again to look at U.S. statues (it was quite some time ago I was researching what are the requirements for the status of Natural Born citizen when it was a McCain issue) to verify what I remember that since 1930s one parent is enough to determine citizenship, not just the father. And I don't remember whether the parent's age played a role as I have heard may be a factor in the case in regard to Stanley Ann Dunham. If Barry's citizenship were derived from both his father and his place of birth, then perhaps he could not be called a Natural Born citizen, but instead a Naturalized citizen who cannot serve as president.

Having written about this, I don't intend to pursue it as it is a distraction from other issues that the general public cares about. But I will still read the Jerome Corsi book if it gets released.

BTW: What would Barry Soetoro answer to all the new questions on the proposed form DS-5513? I couldn't even answer those questions about my own birth.

04-27-2011, 06:55 PM   #78
infinitekid2002
Creepin while ya sleepin

Garage List
2008 135i  [3.71]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Series View Post
uh oh..nother email for u dude
      04-27-2011, 07:07 PM   #79
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP

Garage List
2008 E82  [0.00]
Quote:

Jeez dude, get a hobby.
      04-27-2011, 08:21 PM   #80
11Series

Quote:
I didn't realize when I first read your post that you were parroting Trump's latest line of bull. Or is that a coincidence?

If you are backing Trump in a brain-off against Obama, answer this:

Which on of them was stupid enough to just spend all of his political capitol on something as trivial and stupid and non-consequential to the future of the United States as getting a long-form birth certificate published, when a perfectly valid and legal standard certificate of birth had already been published?

Trump accomplished absolutely nothing at all for the economy, for jobs, for the deficit, for health care, etc. How smart is it to burn all that political capitol and have absolutely nothing of substance to show for it?
      04-27-2011, 08:37 PM   #81
OldArmy
Lieutenant

Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si

Quote:
I didn't realize when I first read your post that you were parroting Trump's latest line of bull. Or is that a coincidence?

If you are backing Trump in a brain-off against Obama, answer this:

Which on of them was stupid enough to just spend all of his political capitol on something as trivial and stupid and non-consequential to the future of the United States as getting a long-form birth certificate published, when a perfectly valid and legal standard certificate of birth had already been published?

Trump accomplished absolutely nothing at all for the economy, for jobs, for the deficit, for health care, etc. How smart is it to burn all that political capitol and have absolutely nothing of substance to show for it?
Well, you're right, one of them did manage to get himself elected to the highest office in the land without any experience, leadership, job history, true personal merit or anything else of substance.

And the other one just made millions, perhaps billions of dollars in the rough and tumble of a no holds barred capitalist economy in a downturn.

Guess we know who the smart one is.

And (don't thank me) I fixed your words--"Nobama accomplished absolutely nothing at all for the economy, for jobs, for the deficit, for health care, etc. How smart is it to burn all that political capitol and have absolutely nothing of substance to show for it?"
OldArmy is offline   United_States
      04-27-2011, 08:40 PM   #82
scottwww
Brigadier General

I was wanting this issue to move on either to blow over, or to go to the next step... but I spoke too quickly. Obama didn't produce the birth certificate. He presented a Certificate of Live Birth!

Where is the Birth Certificate?
Attached Images

04-27-2011, 08:48 PM   #83
OldArmy
Lieutenant

A certificate of live birth is not a birth certificate? Quick, everybody go look in your lock box--the vast majority will discover that they have a (wait for it...) certificate of live birth.

Not that I'm any fan of Nobama but, only cranks and the feebleminded are going to continue to pursue this.
      04-27-2011, 08:57 PM   #84
OldArmy
Lieutenant

Quote:
Do they also put their hand up to block the light from the sun, and then claim it is nighttime?
Are you talking about that bright thing in the sky that orbits around the earth?
      04-27-2011, 09:10 PM   #85
11Series

Quote:
Are you talking about that bright thing in the sky that orbits around the earth?
I'm sure in their world of self-delusion the sun revolves around the Earth, instead of the Earth revolving around the Sun.
      04-27-2011, 09:47 PM   #86
BKsBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2006 330xi Titanium Silver

Garage List
2006 330xi  [5.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:

Right, so now that the long form birth certificate has been shown, the goal post must be moved. And it will continue to be moved as many times and as far as it must be moved to make sure this president can never reach it.

This isn't about birth certificates, or citizenship, or where the President was born, or what his faith is, or his academic records. Those are euphamisms for the real motivation which is racism. There is a bunch of bigots who can't accept the fact this black man was legally and fairly elected POTUS. The haters are so enraged at having this black prez and his family in the white house they will to do whatever it takes to "disqualify" him or make him appear illegitimate as president of the U.S. so they can get him out. It's racism and it's ugly.
330xi/TiAg/Black/Alum/6sp/ZPP/ZSP/Nav/CA/CW/PDC/Sirius Satellite Radio/OEM Spoiler/Blacklines/19" Axis Hiro Hyper Silver/Toyo Proxes 4 Ultra High Performance all season F 235/35/19 R 265/30/19/10mm spacers F/15mm spacers R/M3 front bumber/M-tech rear bumper
      04-27-2011, 10:11 PM   #87
scottwww
Brigadier General

Quote:
A certificate of live birth is not a birth certificate? Quick, everybody go look in your lock box--the vast majority will discover that they have a (wait for it...) certificate of live birth.

Not that I'm any fan of Nobama but, only cranks and the feebleminded are going to continue to pursue this.
That's what I get for listening to Michael Savage for a few minutes...Doh! But there are people who will not drop it.

It was brought to this point by none other than Obama himself by not releasing the birth certificate 2-1/2 years ago, or any time up to now. Why would he spend millions on legal defense to not release it? As I have said on occassion in some words: It was to be able to use a complicit press to marginalize those who would question his eligibility. He stretched for 2-1/2 years a distraction from other issues unrelated to eligibility, and also issues directly related to it.

As I said a couple posts back - I am glad that he released it and that it is past this step. And yes, the long form does say Certificate of Live Birth. I took mine out of the safe and checked. I also checked the two copies that I have of the short form COLB. Both have errors. The one that matches the data in the long form certificate has more wrong information than the other, because whomever typed up the original, entered wrong information. It's surprising how easy it is for these people to screw up birth records.

I was born less than one year after Obama. Having seen these unintended errors in my own short forms (mother's first name, mother's maiden name, father's place of birth, father's age) and how easy it was to get a "corrected" certificate by making a short written request in 1996, made it obvious from the start that Obama's short form was proof of nothing.

The long form is as good as we are going to get, yet it doesn't have any interesting info that he should have been motivated to hide.

The discussion of what constitutes Natural Born citizen could be interesting if there were an honest examination of the original intent, and subsequent statutes and judgements that dealt with it.
      04-27-2011, 10:29 PM   #88
scottwww
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKsBimmer View Post
Right, so now that the long form birth certificate has been shown, the goal post must be moved. And it will continue to be moved as many times and as far as it must be moved to make sure this president can never reach it.

This isn't about birth certificates, or citizenship, or where the President was born, or what his faith is, or his academic records. Those are euphamisms for the real motivation which is racism. There is a bunch of bigots who can't accept the fact this black man was legally and fairly elected POTUS. The haters are so enraged at having this black prez and his family in the white house they will to do whatever it takes to "disqualify" him or make him appear illegitimate as president of the U.S. so they can get him out. It's racism and it's ugly.
You are overgeneralizing to an extreme. Certainly there would be some racists who would pursue this. Certainly there are non-racists who have pursued this. Your equating people's interest in this issue with racism is completely out of line and should not be tolerated.

For someone who pursued the matter of eligiblity against a lilly white old man McCain with much more intensity than against the caucasian/African Obama, was that racism against the white man? I think not, but your words would lead to that conclusion.

I think those who continually accuse others of racism where race is not the issue are themselves the racists!

As for myself - In 2000 when candidates were running for the Republican party nomination, I supported the one black man in the race. I also would have supported him if I had lived in Illinois when he ran for U.S. Senate against Obama. I also would have probably voted for him in the presidential election in 2008 if I had been living in California. Why would a racist support this black man? I don't think that would happen.

I'll tell you why I supported him... It was because of compatibility on the issues. It had absolutely nothing to do with how I felt about his race. Everything I have written about Obama has had nothing to do with how I felt about his race. And I am not racist on any personal or public level.

You need to revise or rescind your accusation.