BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion
 
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-11-2009, 04:37 PM   #89
JB135i
Lieutenant
5
Rep
478
Posts

 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: SW burbs

iTrader: (0)

Again...five minutes at the scanner, scan it, save to desktop "Obama Birth Certificate", email blast (don't forget to attach the file!) and the birthers would all shutup? What's so hard?

And just because someone has a drivers license (was elected president), doesn't mean they should really be on the road (in the oval office).

Lest we not forget there have been many leaders in our world that history has shown really shouldn't have been there. Popularity isn't an indicator of legitamacy.

I am a sore loser, I admit it, so what (!), but what's wrong with proving the birthers wrong...like Nike says "Just Do It".
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2009, 12:29 AM   #90
sayemthree
Brigadier General
sayemthree's Avatar
128
Rep
4,845
Posts

 
Drives: bmw
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: usa

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB135i View Post
Again...five minutes at the scanner, scan it, save to desktop "Obama Birth Certificate", email blast (don't forget to attach the file!) and the birthers would all shutup? What's so hard?

And just because someone has a drivers license (was elected president), doesn't mean they should really be on the road (in the oval office).

Lest we not forget there have been many leaders in our world that history has shown really shouldn't have been there. Popularity isn't an indicator of legitamacy.

I am a sore loser, I admit it, so what (!), but what's wrong with proving the birthers wrong...like Nike says "Just Do It".
no sh1#! just show it. but not only is he not showing it he is fighting in court to keep it hidden. Maybe the Kenya thing is the real smoke screen. maybe he was born in Hawaii, but illegitimately? or they are hiding who the true father is? He made his fortune off a book about his father, who abondoned him. Imagine the irony if Obama SR was not his biological father?
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2009, 08:09 PM   #91
4nroots
Subluxator
4nroots's Avatar
Canada
19
Rep
450
Posts

 
Drives: E90 335d, E93 M3
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayemthree View Post
no sh1#! just show it. but not only is he not showing it he is fighting in court to keep it hidden. Maybe the Kenya thing is the real smoke screen. maybe he was born in Hawaii, but illegitimately? or they are hiding who the true father is? He made his fortune off a book about his father, who abondoned him. Imagine the irony if Obama SR was not his biological father?
Maybe you should instigate a lawsuit to have Obama Sr. exhumed to perform DNA verification. Afterward you can all celebrate with a little Teabagging for good measure. Or perhaps back in the 60's, a small Kenyan terrorist cell initiated a covert operation to have one of their own citizens infiltrate the United States government and one day become President. I've also heard that Obama was secretly receiving intel from Kenyan terrorists disguised as homework during his elementary and high school years. The cherry on the cake in the entire operation was the guy who placed the decoy birth announcements in the Hawaiian newspapers. Pure genius!
__________________
E90 335d LeMans Blue, M-Sport, Exec, Premium, Nav, 260s
E93 M3 Space Grey, Fully loaded
If I lived in Germany, I'd be proud to drive domestic!
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2009, 10:11 PM   #92
Nixon
Banned
21
Rep
1,396
Posts

 
Drives: :
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: :

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayemthree View Post
WHY! tell me why?

By Jerome R. Corsi
2009 WorldNetDaily



Gov. Linda Lingle, R-Hawaii


HONOLULU, Hawaii – Although the legitimacy of Sen. Barack Obama's birth certificate has become a focus of intense speculation – and even several lawsuits – WND has learned that Hawaii's Gov. Linda Lingle has placed the candidate's birth certificate under seal and instructed the state's Department of Health to make sure no one in the press obtains access to the original document under any circumstances.
Oh my god!! A REPUBLICAN Governor actually wants to make sure that the state's laws (that make it ILLEGAL to provide a copy to the press) are actually followed!

You are right, a REPUBLICAN actually enforcing privacy laws? It is completely shocking!! How did this ever happen? A Republican follow the law? This is completely against everything the modern Republican party stands for.

WHY! tell me why?

Better vote that right-winger out of office.

Appreciate 0
      09-12-2009, 10:19 PM   #93
Nixon
Banned
21
Rep
1,396
Posts

 
Drives: :
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: :

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB135i View Post

I am a sore loser, I admit it, so what (!)
So what? So, sore losers like you don't deserve to have all your childish whims be pandered to just because you are a sore loser throwing a tantrum.

The best way to teach a spoiled child that throwing themselves on the floor and throwing a tantrum isn't going to get them anything, is to walk away and ignore them.

Grow up. The State of Hawaii has THREE TIMES provided all the legal and lawful proof that Hawaii state law provides for. Since you continue to fail to acknowlege this, there is nothing left to do but walk away and let you continue your tantrum alone.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2009, 01:57 AM   #94
sayemthree
Brigadier General
sayemthree's Avatar
128
Rep
4,845
Posts

 
Drives: bmw
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: usa

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixon View Post
Oh my god!! A REPUBLICAN Governor actually wants to make sure that the state's laws (that make it ILLEGAL to provide a copy to the press) are actually followed!

You are right, a REPUBLICAN actually enforcing privacy laws? It is completely shocking!! How did this ever happen? A Republican follow the law? This is completely against everything the modern Republican party stands for.

WHY! tell me why?

Better vote that right-winger out of office.

Obama can make it public IF he wants to. Just do it. get it over with.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2009, 04:45 PM   #95
scottwww
Brigadier General
scottwww's Avatar
United_States
167
Rep
4,759
Posts

 
Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbook View Post
Don't worry, there's still 66 million citizens that voted for him.
How many Americans did not vote for him? Wouldn't that be over 250 million? So he got maybe 20% of the people to vote for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartikus View Post
Do you remember that electoral slaughter? That is what rings "Hillarious" to me.

Obama-365 McCain- 173

OUCH! LMAO!!
The word was "Hillaryous" as in Hillary. BTW: I didn't vote for McCain either.
__________________
2007 BMW 335i E92, Montego Blue on Cream Beige, MT, ZSP, ZPP, CA, PDC, CWP and Style 188 for winter

offTopic - politics - ChoppedPhoto
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2009, 05:55 PM   #96
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel
xbook's Avatar
Zimbabwe
40
Rep
1,538
Posts

 
Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Northridge, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E82  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
How many Americans did not vote for him? Wouldn't that be over 250 million? So he got maybe 20% of the people to vote for him.
You do know that you have to be over 18 and be registered to vote to have your vote counted? Een my 9 year old niece knows that.

In 2008 there were approx. 131 million registered voters that participated in the presidential election. Obama received 69,457,000 votes, McCain received 59,934,814.

Check out www.cesus.gov for more information.

And by the way watch out, your ignorance is starting to show.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2009, 06:19 PM   #97
scottwww
Brigadier General
scottwww's Avatar
United_States
167
Rep
4,759
Posts

 
Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbook View Post
You do know that you have to be over 18 and be registered to vote to have your vote counted? Een my 9 year old niece knows that.

In 2008 there were approx. 131 million registered voters that participated in the presidential election. Obama received 69,457,000 votes, McCain received 59,934,814.

Check out www.cesus.gov for more information.

And by the way watch out, your ignorance is starting to show.
About 20% of Americans voted for the guy. That is what I wrote. That is what I meant. That is correct and true. Is it not?
__________________
2007 BMW 335i E92, Montego Blue on Cream Beige, MT, ZSP, ZPP, CA, PDC, CWP and Style 188 for winter

offTopic - politics - ChoppedPhoto
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2009, 07:15 PM   #98
Prowess Symphony
Major General
Prowess Symphony's Avatar
United_States
96
Rep
5,860
Posts

 
Drives: ///Mistress
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: WV

iTrader: (12)

Garage List
Only 20% of america voted for him, and he only lost to mccain by 10 mil. LOL thats how we elected our leaders?? By 20% of american choosing who is going to set policy and create wars for the other 80%. Who came up with that dumb idea?
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2009, 08:52 PM   #99
MyMorningBJ
Banned
0
Rep
8
Posts

 
Drives: e92
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: cali

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowess Symphony View Post
...

College records....hidden. Passport info......hidden. Birth certificate.....hidden. Obama declares that the government will be "transparent".........nope.

When millions of people seem to have issues with the birth including military officials, providing a $20 birth certificate to shut everybody up shouldnt be a big deal.

...

One question....show me the "more and more evidence" besides the colb and I will say that im a nutter. Deal?

And I dont have to be qualified for anything to discuss my president. He is hiding records from me, a citizen of the country he is running.

I've been lurking for a while now and just found the political section of this forum and this thread really cracks me up-- I literally thought it was some kind of parody until I read more inside and found that you guys are being dead serious on the matter.


First and foremost, College Records... The Universities he attended confirmed that he graduated from the school... It is also clear that he was editor of the HLR, a prestigious position to say the least. Aside from providing evidence to a first employer, people have a right to keep their grades private... Doesn't matter who you are. What if he had to withdraw a semester during his undergraduate because he got caught up in drugs? That is something I wouldn't want people to dwell on. Or what if he performed sub-par in his early college years but still managed to get into Harvard law even though he may have had a sub-par GPA entering the program. Then we have bazillions of people screaming that he used Affirmative Action to get to where he is today. If something like this was hidden, I would want to have the juicy details, but the fact remains that it is none of my (or anyone's) damn business.

Second thoughts on the passport records: I've traveled to Saudi, Iran, Indonesia, Tunisia, Turkey, Nigeria, and Egypt on vacation. I think most Americans would wonder what on earth a white boy such as myself would be doing around these parts of the world. Here's the kicker: I'm not half-black, born to a Muslim father, and my name doesn't rhyme with Osama or Saddam. The fact of the matter is that politics in this country is 25% fact and 75% spin. Say Obama does release where he has been every year all the way back to his childhood, then all the sudden we have people jumping up and down saying "WOW OMG OBAMA HAS SPENT 25% OF HIS LIFE IN AN ISLAMIC COUNTRY HOSTILE TO THE US WTF?" The passport doesn't hold any juicy information other than "Place of Birth" which the State Dept has already confirmed the COLB proof he provided would be sufficient for issuance of a passport labeling such place as Hawaii.

Finally onto the birth cert... How many state officials of Hawaii's sworn statements does it take to convince a birther? It doesn't matter, its never going to happen. The COLB is by law Hawaii's official record on the matter. This is like trying to tell someone their SS card is invalid because it has been laminated. Now that would be a hell of a conspiracy to know somehow fifty years before he takes office that you needed to place your Anti-christ son's birth announcement in local papers as the final check to ensure his citizenship. Occam's razor and a touch of common sense should probably indicate that, no matter how badly you want it to be true, Obama is a citizen of this country. Hawaii has confirmed they have the original paper document in their records, these records cannot be made public by the state, but a judge can issue an order to review the documents... Even if reviewed by Judiciary, by law they must be kept sealed, and the questions of a conspiracy would continue forward.


Now, let's play devil's advocate for a minute, because even I enjoy a little bit of conspiracy theory from time to time. Lets assume Obama was born outside the US, his Birth Cert and passport confirm that he was born to those he claim are his parents, but it occurred in Jakarta. My first reaction would be that he is not a "natural-born" citizen as the constitution requires the president to be, but legal precedent would indicate that not to be the case. Even if DNA evidence shows Obama is unrelated to the lady he calls his mother, she is still considered by the state to be his birth mother, and historical evidence places her as a resident of the good ol' USA prior to his birth, so at the end of the day he is still citizen Obama, eligible to be POTUSA.


IMO, there's simply a small group of disillusioned citizens that are unwilling to accept the legitimacy of our leader and will never be convinced. There's also people out there who believe the moon landing was a giant hoax-- If there was any truth to the matter at all the Soviet Union would have let the world know just how full of shit we were-- you don't think ANYONE in the State Dept or Hawaii Health dept would have spilled the beans by now? At the end of the day this country needs to grow up and realize their opposition to his administration should be left in the realm of political debate.

There is actual evidence that Bush had his driving records wiped before he became Governor of Texas, and the fact that he won the 2000 election was actually a debatable stance on an issue, but when the courts ruled in favor of ol' GW, did nearly half the voters stand up and start calling him a fraud, demanding his private records, and now it seems begin to discuss the notion that this country is primed for a 'Revolution'? Far from it. This country prides itself on a peaceful exchange of power every few years, it is what separates us from the chaos that dominates 3rd world countries. Perhaps you hate his stances on certain issues, or you don't like him because he is black, or you have a feeling he is secretly a Muslim... whatever the reason may be, YOU have the ability to remove him from office 4-scratch that- only about 3 years from now.

I personally don't support the Obama administration's agenda, as I consider myself a libertarian, but the Republican party has turned me off with their irresponsible and often hypocritical style of leadership. The Bush administration increased our national debt nearly 75% due to 2 unnecessary wars and corporate tax cuts that went straight back into the hands of wealthy businessmen. They left the economy of the verge of collapse- and I'm not saying they are 100% to blame, these things happen in cycles, but 80% of the ~1 trillion in national debt accrued by Obama YTD was due to the economic stimulus package and half of that has not even been spent yet. I'm all for cancelling the rest of the stimulus as it appears our economy is on the verge of rebounding, but singling him out as a tax-and-spend democrat for passing what economists from across the board concluded as a necessary step to stem the spiraling economy is an exercise in futility.

Yes, I lean to the Republican side of most fiscal issues, but until the Right moves away from Rush Limbaugh and the sensational Glenn Beck news hour towards responsible policies and leadership from people like Ron Paul or Noam Chomsky, I will not be supporting either party. My jaw just about hit the floor when I read some views discussed in this sub-forum, granted I think a lot of you hold beliefs for generally good reasons, there seems to be little effort made to contribute constructive ideas towards the agenda put forth by the leadership of our country. I'm not saying the Dems are any less partisan, but I'm starting to think we have alot of sore losers out there. What happens when you get beat? you fucking practice, hone your message, and get out there and beat some ass the next time.


I'm sorry my first post on this forum was such an essay, I'll stop typing now.

Last edited by MyMorningBJ; 09-14-2009 at 09:12 PM.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2009, 09:40 PM   #100
BForbes
Moderator
BForbes's Avatar
Bahamas
164
Rep
4,243
Posts

 
Drives: BSM 135i/AW E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Orlando, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyMorningBJ View Post
I've been lurking for a while now and just found the political section of this forum and this thread really cracks me up-- I literally thought it was some kind of parody until I read more inside and found that you guys are being dead serious on the matter.


First and foremost, College Records... The Universities he attended confirmed that he graduated from the school... It is also clear that he was editor of the HLR, a prestigious position to say the least. Aside from providing evidence to a first employer, people have a right to keep their grades private... Doesn't matter who you are. What if he had to withdraw a semester during his undergraduate because he got caught up in drugs? That is something I wouldn't want people to dwell on. Or what if he performed sub-par in his early college years but still managed to get into Harvard law even though he may have had a sub-par GPA entering the program. Then we have bazillions of people screaming that he used Affirmative Action to get to where he is today. If something like this was hidden, I would want to have the juicy details, but the fact remains that it is none of my (or anyone's) damn business.

Second thoughts on the passport records: I've traveled to Saudi, Iran, Indonesia, Tunisia, Turkey, Nigeria, and Egypt on vacation. I think most Americans would wonder what on earth a white boy such as myself would be doing around these parts of the world. Here's the kicker: I'm not half-black, born to a Muslim father, and my name doesn't rhyme with Osama or Saddam. The fact of the matter is that politics in this country is 25% fact and 75% spin. Say Obama does release where he has been every year all the way back to his childhood, then all the sudden we have people jumping up and down saying "WOW OMG OBAMA HAS SPENT 25% OF HIS LIFE IN AN ISLAMIC COUNTRY HOSTILE TO THE US WTF?" The passport doesn't hold any juicy information other than "Place of Birth" which the State Dept has already confirmed the COLB proof he provided would be sufficient for issuance of a passport labeling such place as Hawaii.

Finally onto the birth cert... How many state officials of Hawaii's sworn statements does it take to convince a birther? It doesn't matter, its never going to happen. The COLB is by law Hawaii's official record on the matter. This is like trying to tell someone their SS card is invalid because it has been laminated. Now that would be a hell of a conspiracy to know somehow fifty years before he takes office that you needed to place your Anti-christ son's birth announcement in local papers as the final check to ensure his citizenship. Occam's razor and a touch of common sense should probably indicate that, no matter how badly you want it to be true, Obama is a citizen of this country. Hawaii has confirmed they have the original paper document in their records, these records cannot be made public by the state, but a judge can issue an order to review the documents... Even if reviewed by Judiciary, by law they must be kept sealed, and the questions of a conspiracy would continue forward.


Now, let's play devil's advocate for a minute, because even I enjoy a little bit of conspiracy theory from time to time. Lets assume Obama was born outside the US, his Birth Cert and passport confirm that he was born to those he claim are his parents, but it occurred in Jakarta. My first reaction would be that he is not a "natural-born" citizen as the constitution requires the president to be, but legal precedent would indicate that not to be the case. Even if DNA evidence shows Obama is unrelated to the lady he calls his mother, she is still considered by the state to be his birth mother, and historical evidence places her as a resident of the good ol' USA prior to his birth, so at the end of the day he is still citizen Obama, eligible to be POTUSA.


IMO, there's simply a small group of disillusioned citizens that are unwilling to accept the legitimacy of our leader and will never be convinced. There's also people out there who believe the moon landing was a giant hoax-- If there was any truth to the matter at all the Soviet Union would have let the world know just how full of shit we were-- you don't think ANYONE in the State Dept or Hawaii Health dept would have spilled the beans by now? At the end of the day this country needs to grow up and realize their opposition to his administration should be left in the realm of political debate.

There is actual evidence that Bush had his driving records wiped before he became Governor of Texas, and the fact that he won the 2000 election was actually a debatable stance on an issue, but when the courts ruled in favor of ol' GW, did nearly half the voters stand up and start calling him a fraud, demanding his private records, and now it seems begin to discuss the notion that this country is primed for a 'Revolution'? Far from it. This country prides itself on a peaceful exchange of power every few years, it is what separates us from the chaos that dominates 3rd world countries. Perhaps you hate his stances on certain issues, or you don't like him because he is black, or you have a feeling he is secretly a Muslim... whatever the reason may be, YOU have the ability to remove him from office 4-scratch that- only about 3 years from now.

I personally don't support the Obama administration's agenda, as I consider myself a libertarian, but the Republican party has turned me off with their irresponsible and often hypocritical style of leadership. The Bush administration increased our national debt nearly 75% due to 2 unnecessary wars and corporate tax cuts that went straight back into the hands of wealthy businessmen. They left the economy of the verge of collapse- and I'm not saying they are 100% to blame, these things happen in cycles, but 80% of the ~1 trillion in national debt accrued by Obama YTD was due to the economic stimulus package and half of that has not even been spent yet. I'm all for cancelling the rest of the stimulus as it appears our economy is on the verge of rebounding, but singling him out as a tax-and-spend democrat for passing what economists from across the board concluded as a necessary step to stem the spiraling economy is an exercise in futility.

Yes, I lean to the Republican side of most fiscal issues, but until the Right moves away from Rush Limbaugh and the sensational Glenn Beck news hour towards responsible policies and leadership from people like Ron Paul or Noam Chomsky, I will not be supporting either party. My jaw just about hit the floor when I read some views discussed in this sub-forum, granted I think a lot of you hold beliefs for generally good reasons, there seems to be little effort made to contribute constructive ideas towards the agenda put forth by the leadership of our country. I'm not saying the Dems are any less partisan, but I'm starting to think we have alot of sore losers out there. What happens when you get beat? you fucking practice, hone your message, and get out there and beat some ass the next time.


I'm sorry my first post on this forum was such an essay, I'll stop typing now.
I would truly like to shake your hand. If there ever was a definition of moderate. Very well said, sir. I encourage you to stay and post.
__________________
- 04 Honda S2000(gone)
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2009, 10:52 PM   #101
scottwww
Brigadier General
scottwww's Avatar
United_States
167
Rep
4,759
Posts

 
Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
link

"Capt. Connie Rhodes, who claimed her superiors had prevented her from attending her previous, emergency court hearing, finally stood before a judge today to question the constitutional eligibility of her commander in chief.

"Rhodes, a medical doctor and Army officer, filed suit in U.S. District Court in Columbus, Ga., earlier this month, requesting a restraining order preventing her deployment overseas on the basis that the top of the chain of command, President Barack Obama, has not demonstrated himself to be a natural born citizen under the U.S. Constitution."

__________________
2007 BMW 335i E92, Montego Blue on Cream Beige, MT, ZSP, ZPP, CA, PDC, CWP and Style 188 for winter

offTopic - politics - ChoppedPhoto
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2009, 11:29 PM   #102
sayemthree
Brigadier General
sayemthree's Avatar
128
Rep
4,845
Posts

 
Drives: bmw
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: usa

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyMorningBJ View Post
I've been lurking for a while now and just found the political section of this forum and this thread really cracks me up-- I literally thought it was some kind of parody until I read more inside and found that you guys are being dead serious on the matter.


First and foremost, College Records... The Universities he attended confirmed that he graduated from the school... It is also clear that he was editor of the HLR, a prestigious position to say the least. Aside from providing evidence to a first employer, people have a right to keep their grades private... Doesn't matter who you are. What if he had to withdraw a semester during his undergraduate because he got caught up in drugs? That is something I wouldn't want people to dwell on. Or what if he performed sub-par in his early college years but still managed to get into Harvard law even though he may have had a sub-par GPA entering the program. Then we have bazillions of people screaming that he used Affirmative Action to get to where he is today. If something like this was hidden, I would want to have the juicy details, but the fact remains that it is none of my (or anyone's) damn business.

Second thoughts on the passport records: I've traveled to Saudi, Iran, Indonesia, Tunisia, Turkey, Nigeria, and Egypt on vacation. I think most Americans would wonder what on earth a white boy such as myself would be doing around these parts of the world. Here's the kicker: I'm not half-black, born to a Muslim father, and my name doesn't rhyme with Osama or Saddam. The fact of the matter is that politics in this country is 25% fact and 75% spin. Say Obama does release where he has been every year all the way back to his childhood, then all the sudden we have people jumping up and down saying "WOW OMG OBAMA HAS SPENT 25% OF HIS LIFE IN AN ISLAMIC COUNTRY HOSTILE TO THE US WTF?" The passport doesn't hold any juicy information other than "Place of Birth" which the State Dept has already confirmed the COLB proof he provided would be sufficient for issuance of a passport labeling such place as Hawaii.

Finally onto the birth cert... How many state officials of Hawaii's sworn statements does it take to convince a birther? It doesn't matter, its never going to happen. The COLB is by law Hawaii's official record on the matter. This is like trying to tell someone their SS card is invalid because it has been laminated. Now that would be a hell of a conspiracy to know somehow fifty years before he takes office that you needed to place your Anti-christ son's birth announcement in local papers as the final check to ensure his citizenship. Occam's razor and a touch of common sense should probably indicate that, no matter how badly you want it to be true, Obama is a citizen of this country. Hawaii has confirmed they have the original paper document in their records, these records cannot be made public by the state, but a judge can issue an order to review the documents... Even if reviewed by Judiciary, by law they must be kept sealed, and the questions of a conspiracy would continue forward.


Now, let's play devil's advocate for a minute, because even I enjoy a little bit of conspiracy theory from time to time. Lets assume Obama was born outside the US, his Birth Cert and passport confirm that he was born to those he claim are his parents, but it occurred in Jakarta. My first reaction would be that he is not a "natural-born" citizen as the constitution requires the president to be, but legal precedent would indicate that not to be the case. Even if DNA evidence shows Obama is unrelated to the lady he calls his mother, she is still considered by the state to be his birth mother, and historical evidence places her as a resident of the good ol' USA prior to his birth, so at the end of the day he is still citizen Obama, eligible to be POTUSA.


IMO, there's simply a small group of disillusioned citizens that are unwilling to accept the legitimacy of our leader and will never be convinced. There's also people out there who believe the moon landing was a giant hoax-- If there was any truth to the matter at all the Soviet Union would have let the world know just how full of shit we were-- you don't think ANYONE in the State Dept or Hawaii Health dept would have spilled the beans by now? At the end of the day this country needs to grow up and realize their opposition to his administration should be left in the realm of political debate.

There is actual evidence that Bush had his driving records wiped before he became Governor of Texas, and the fact that he won the 2000 election was actually a debatable stance on an issue, but when the courts ruled in favor of ol' GW, did nearly half the voters stand up and start calling him a fraud, demanding his private records, and now it seems begin to discuss the notion that this country is primed for a 'Revolution'? Far from it. This country prides itself on a peaceful exchange of power every few years, it is what separates us from the chaos that dominates 3rd world countries. Perhaps you hate his stances on certain issues, or you don't like him because he is black, or you have a feeling he is secretly a Muslim... whatever the reason may be, YOU have the ability to remove him from office 4-scratch that- only about 3 years from now.

I personally don't support the Obama administration's agenda, as I consider myself a libertarian, but the Republican party has turned me off with their irresponsible and often hypocritical style of leadership. The Bush administration increased our national debt nearly 75% due to 2 unnecessary wars and corporate tax cuts that went straight back into the hands of wealthy businessmen. They left the economy of the verge of collapse- and I'm not saying they are 100% to blame, these things happen in cycles, but 80% of the ~1 trillion in national debt accrued by Obama YTD was due to the economic stimulus package and half of that has not even been spent yet. I'm all for cancelling the rest of the stimulus as it appears our economy is on the verge of rebounding, but singling him out as a tax-and-spend democrat for passing what economists from across the board concluded as a necessary step to stem the spiraling economy is an exercise in futility.

Yes, I lean to the Republican side of most fiscal issues, but until the Right moves away from Rush Limbaugh and the sensational Glenn Beck news hour towards responsible policies and leadership from people like Ron Paul or Noam Chomsky, I will not be supporting either party. My jaw just about hit the floor when I read some views discussed in this sub-forum, granted I think a lot of you hold beliefs for generally good reasons, there seems to be little effort made to contribute constructive ideas towards the agenda put forth by the leadership of our country. I'm not saying the Dems are any less partisan, but I'm starting to think we have alot of sore losers out there. What happens when you get beat? you fucking practice, hone your message, and get out there and beat some ass the next time.


I'm sorry my first post on this forum was such an essay, I'll stop typing now.

cliff notes please.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2009, 12:13 AM   #103
Septro
Banned
28
Rep
1,649
Posts

 
Drives: '08 e90 335xi
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: C-Bus, OH

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixon View Post
You tried to, until I dropped the bomb in that thread that the Supreme Court had already addressed the issue you were trying to claim, and you were 100% wrong.

Typically, you ignored it because it didn't fit your viewpoint.
I'm only cursory keeping up with the thread since it's obvious the courts are well on their way to agreeing to my position rather than yours. I didn't bother responding to whatever you deem a bomb since I had already argued, exposed and refuted easily the same casework. The guy who wrote the 14th Amendment actually defined 'Natural-Born Citizen' clear as day and it was nothing you claim it to be.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2009, 04:04 AM   #104
MyMorningBJ
Banned
0
Rep
8
Posts

 
Drives: e92
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: cali

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Septro View Post
I'm only cursory keeping up with the thread since it's obvious the courts are well on their way to agreeing to my position rather than yours. I didn't bother responding to whatever you deem a bomb since I had already argued, exposed and refuted easily the same casework. The guy who wrote the 14th Amendment actually defined 'Natural-Born Citizen' clear as day and it was nothing you claim it to be.

Assuming he was born in Mombasa...I was under the impression that citizenship rights would be given to baby BO upon birth, but after reviewing legal precedent the legal standing of someone in such a case is still somewhat unclear to me. I think that the judge of this current case will likely move to subpoena the original OB BC from HI, and if he was indeed born outside the US this whole matter would likely end up in the US supreme court within weeks. The original term "natural born" was never specifically defined anywhere, but was further clarified under the 14th amendment. However, despite whatever Howard intended his clause to mean, the exclusivity was not specifically defined in the amendment and the issue remains unresolved in current context.

Previous legal precedent also excluded those born on US military bases overseas to rights of citizenship from time of birth. McCain's candidacy was challenged on this matter as he was born in Panama (I believe?), but the case was thrown out in low level courts. The whole situation is an interesting one to ponder, but I seriously doubt the authenticity of any Kenyan Birth Certificates acquired by an 18 year old on a mission to bribe someone for his original BC as he claims it was "sealed by the PM of the country". To be quite frank, I find it rather far-fetched to believe that this certificate would still exist if the leader of an African country was working to cover-up it up for his homeboy.

All things being equal, one can only wonder why he hasn't authorized Hawaii to release his original birth certificate. That being said, the simple fact that the existence of the original paperwork is in state records and has been acknowledged by the Republican governor is enough to convince me. My opinions on matters have been subject to change over the years, as a young man I may be a bit naive, but I'm more than happy to consider holes in my logic that my insightful e9x friends may have to offer


At the end of the day my friends, life is good in the greatest country on earth. The political cycle will continue as long as this country exists, as it has proven over time to be a balancing factor that drives change in a positive direction.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2009, 08:32 AM   #105
scottwww
Brigadier General
scottwww's Avatar
United_States
167
Rep
4,759
Posts

 
Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyMorningBJ View Post
The original term "natural born" was never specifically defined anywhere, but was further clarified under the 14th amendment. However, despite whatever Howard intended his clause to mean, the exclusivity was not specifically defined in the amendment and the issue remains unresolved in current context.
What I studied on this (refer to http://johnmccain.dominates.us/forum/) is not entirely fresh in my memory, but I believe that the contemporaries of the founders had little trouble understanding the meaning of natural born Citizen. It was commonly understood. There was some confusion due to the original naturalization act (1790) that was corrected in the one that replaced it (1795). Debates in the first congress regarding Senators give perspective to the terms as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyMorningBJ View Post
Previous legal precedent also excluded those born on US military bases overseas to rights of citizenship from time of birth. McCain's candidacy was challenged on this matter as he was born in Panama (I believe?), but the case was thrown out in low level courts.
It was dismissed on the premise that the plaintiffs (ordinary citizens) had no standing in the case. The judges considered it best to bring suit after the general election and that it would likely need to come from the candidate of another party.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyMorningBJ View Post
All things being equal, one can only wonder why he hasn't authorized Hawaii to release his original birth certificate.
Agreed.
__________________
2007 BMW 335i E92, Montego Blue on Cream Beige, MT, ZSP, ZPP, CA, PDC, CWP and Style 188 for winter

offTopic - politics - ChoppedPhoto
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2009, 08:47 AM   #106
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel
xbook's Avatar
Zimbabwe
40
Rep
1,538
Posts

 
Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Northridge, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E82  [0.00]
Again ... the more you press this issue, the more your ignorance shows ...
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2009, 09:01 AM   #107
jaiman
Captain
9
Rep
657
Posts

 
Drives: very fast
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowess Symphony View Post
Only 20% of america voted for him, and he only lost to mccain by 10 mil. LOL thats how we elected our leaders?? By 20% of american choosing who is going to set policy and create wars for the other 80%. Who came up with that dumb idea?
Seriously? You've got to be joking.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2009, 09:05 AM   #108
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel
xbook's Avatar
Zimbabwe
40
Rep
1,538
Posts

 
Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Northridge, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E82  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaiman View Post
Seriously? You've got to be joking.
Unbelievable isn't it? It seems that these guys lack a basic understanding of how our leaders are elected.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2009, 02:07 PM   #109
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel
xbook's Avatar
Zimbabwe
40
Rep
1,538
Posts

 
Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Northridge, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E82  [0.00]
So Orly Taitz lawsuit was just thrown out of court. The judge threatened her with sanctions if she brings another "frivolous" lawsuit like this into his court.

Read story here
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2009, 02:13 PM   #110
Prowess Symphony
Major General
Prowess Symphony's Avatar
United_States
96
Rep
5,860
Posts

 
Drives: ///Mistress
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: WV

iTrader: (12)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbook View Post
Unbelievable isn't it? It seems that these guys lack a basic understanding of how our leaders are elected.
I understand the electoral college fine. I just didnt know that so few people turned out, or that obama won by such a small margin. With all his holier than thou followers, I would have thought that the gap would have been much larger.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:21 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST