BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

GT Haus

09-05-2009, 05:11 AM   #1
sayemthree
Brigadier General

Drives: bmw

Eco terrorsits active again...

this time they destroyed a radio tower, I guess the radio signals distrurbed thier tin foil hats. a few year ago they burned doen a Hummer dealershipt to save the environment, even the the smoke the fire put into the air was 100 times more toxic than all the eahuahst would have been from the few Hummers they burned. what a bunch of eco-nuts.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32692825...me_and_courts/
      09-17-2009, 01:40 AM   #2
Carter N
Enlisted Member

Drives: 09' GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayemthree View Post
this time they destroyed a radio tower, I guess the radio signals distrurbed thier tin foil hats. a few year ago they burned doen a Hummer dealershipt to save the environment, even the the smoke the fire put into the air was 100 times more toxic than all the eahuahst would have been from the few Hummers they burned. what a bunch of eco-nuts.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32692825...me_and_courts/
damn hippies!

why don't they realize god put this earth here 6000 years ago for us to just do what we want with.... all this global warming bull crap, i'll tell you why the earth is heating up, it's because those damn democrats won't shut their mouths...

when my lord and savior jesus christ comes riding down on his gold charriot with 26" chrome wheels and horses with diamonds for eyes i know he'll leave all these earth lovin hippies behind!
      09-17-2009, 07:48 AM   #3
TexAg06
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2007 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carter N View Post
damn hippies!

why don't they realize god put this earth here 6000 years ago for us to just do what we want with.... all this global warming bull crap, i'll tell you why the earth is heating up, it's because those damn democrats won't shut their mouths...

when my lord and savior jesus christ comes riding down on his gold charriot with 26" chrome wheels and horses with diamonds for eyes i know he'll leave all these earth lovin hippies behind!
holy crap you have nothing to say about anything.
      09-17-2009, 07:55 AM   #4
Carter N
Enlisted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexAg06 View Post
holy crap you have nothing to say about anything.
I've got plenty to say cousin... it's time we stand up against these "progrssives" and "better future makers"... we need to protect our corrupt conservative bretheran... i mean, we can't let obama and his gang of czars with their bear army run in and make things cheap for everyone, how the hell with the big ceos' fuel their yachts, or private jets...

i mean obama is basically stepping on their rights to be greedy, monopolizing, indecent pigs... and i won't have any of it!
      09-17-2009, 08:01 AM   #5
TexAg06
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
I've got plenty to say cousin... it's time we stand up against these "progrssives" and "better future makers"... we need to protect our corrupt conservative bretheran... i mean, we can't let obama and his gang of czars with their bear army run in and make things cheap for everyone, how the hell with the big ceos' fuel their yachts, or private jets...

i mean obama is basically stepping on their rights to be greedy, monopolizing, indecent pigs... and i won't have any of it!
like i said, you have nothing to say.

so nobama is going to make energy cheap with crap and trade, right? oh wait, they had to backtrack on that yesterday.

he's going to make health care cheap, right? oh wait, they only projected 10 years as well as ignoring the fact that if a public option becomes available nearly all small businesses will dump their plans which ends up putting many more people into the gov't system than was estimated.

yep things are getting cheaper every day.
      09-17-2009, 08:06 AM   #6
Carter N
Enlisted Member

yeah because major insurers wouldn't lower their prices to compete... the basic fundamentals of capitalism stop to support your jaded right wing opinion.
      09-17-2009, 08:13 AM   #7
TexAg06
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
yeah because major insurers wouldn't lower their prices to compete... the basic fundamentals of capitalism stop to support your jaded right wing opinion.
here's something you big gov types just don't seem to understand. you can't compete fairly with the gov. they make the rules and change the rules at will.

besides that obvious point, nothing has ever become cheaper by increasing the size of a bureaucracy. but, please keep running us down the path the gov subsistence.

oh and your hatred for bush is unfounded considering he was a huge big gov guy. you should love him. cough...prescription drug plan...cough

to us libertarian leaning voters, he was a huge disappointment.
      09-17-2009, 08:23 AM   #8
nostrum09
Second Lieutenant

Drives: E90 325i

Quote:
damn hippies!

Do you mean then, by the sarcastic tone of your response, that you support domestic terrorists who destroy private property?
nostrum09 is offline   United_States
      09-17-2009, 08:27 AM   #9
InsaneSkippy
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 135i

Send a message via AIM to InsaneSkippy Send a message via MSN to InsaneSkippy
Quote:
Can you please explain to me what executive or administrative powers a czar has? Oh wait that's right NONE.

Who appointed the first czar? Regan. Who expanded on that and added more czars? G-Dub..

Czar are ADVISERS, they're not some secret king-like position that everyone here seems to be so scared of.

You sound like you'd fit right in with these people:

09-17-2009, 08:28 AM   #10
TexAg06
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostrum09 View Post
Do you mean then, by the sarcastic tone of your response, that you support domestic terrorists who destroy private property?
that's exactly what he means.

of course when some idiot decides to destroy his GTi for polluting too much, i am sure he will be up in arms.
      09-17-2009, 08:55 AM   #11
Carter N
Enlisted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneSkippy View Post
Can you please explain to me what executive or administrative powers a czar has? Oh wait that's right NONE.
chill out, lol you're getting trolled too hard....

Quote:
lol actually, everything i said in that particular post has reference to real testimony by republican representatives. lol.
      09-17-2009, 09:04 AM   #12
Carter N
Enlisted Member

Quote:
here's something you big gov types just don't seem to understand. you can't compete fairly with the gov. they make the rules and change the rules at will.

besides that obvious point, nothing has ever become cheaper by increasing the size of a bureaucracy. but, please keep running us down the path the gov subsistence.
lol, so why are you so afraid of the government driving these greedy insurance corps. into the ground... which would never happen... but still...

what you just don't seem to grasp is that the current cost of health care is in no way equal to what it actually costs to provide the care... and sure, in any business you go to make a profit... but when you find ways to drop people from coverage who have paid into their health plan for years just to avoid hospital bills it becomes too much...

The insurance companies will find anyway they can to get out of a 100,000 dollar hospital bill (which in itself is over priced) but they are okay to spend 100,000,000 lobbying to kill this health reform...

It's time we all just became a little less greedy... it's like you said, this doesn't matter until it affects you personally... you sit here on your high horse now ranting about how this is all evil and shit, but if something were to happen to you and you were dropped from your health plan because of "pre-existing" conditions you'd be all up in arms for somebody to do something about it..
      09-17-2009, 10:22 AM   #13
nostrum09
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
lol actually, everything i said in that particular post has reference to real testimony by republican representatives. lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carter N
damn hippies!

Yes, there are young earth creationists, there are those who [rightfully] question the theory of man-made global warming, and there are certainly plenty of politicians who put out plenty of hot air, but I've yet to see anyone claim your last point. Reference please?

Since you seem to be amused that Republicans would talk about any of those items, I ask you, what's wrong with questioning global warming? The debate is far from settled, and likely will never be (due to the politicization of the issue).
      09-17-2009, 10:26 AM   #14
Carter N
Enlisted Member

Quote:
Yes, there are young earth creationists, there are those who [rightfully] question the theory of man-made global warming, and there are certainly plenty of politicians who put out plenty of hot air, but I've yet to see anyone claim your last point. Reference please?

Since you seem to be amused that Republicans would talk about any of those items, I ask you, what's wrong with questioning global warming? The debate is far from settled, and likely will never be (due to the politicization of the issue).
lol, you're joking right?
      09-17-2009, 10:29 AM   #15
TexAg06
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
anthropogenic global warming is pseudoscience. but, i wouldn't expect you to question it. you're just slurping up the far left talking points with relish.
      09-17-2009, 10:33 AM   #16
Carter N
Enlisted Member

lol wow... you morons honestly believe that humans have nothing to do with climate change.... how in the world did you morons get jobs to afford BMWs... i mean jesus christ, think Obama is a Nazi is laughable, but you honestly don't think global warming is real... that is sad, and pathetic....

lol i mean seriously, just because these dumb ass representatives (republican or democrat) don't understand the affect chemicals that WE as humans release into the air affect the ozone doesn't mean it isn't real...

it's like, i don't understand how nuclear bombs create such explosions, but they still do lol.

I understand that god fearing republicans who rode into office on their families fortunes don't understand science, but it's a pretty common knowledge among scientist... This is typical bush era politics... deny science at all cost, trust in the bible, hold on to your guns tight, and do whatever it takes to avoid all reason, statistics, proof, etc.
      09-17-2009, 10:41 AM   #17
nostrum09
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
No, I'm not -- there are scientists on both sides of the debate.

Global Warming has become a religion for the Left -- you either accept the tenet that man has caused (and is continuing to cause) ill effects to the planet through his over-consumption and use of fossil fuels, and is the overwhelming or only factor in this, or you are branded a whack-job who clearly doesn't understand the importance of the issue. Even worse, under the guise of this de facto religion, the Left wishes to push issues like cap[tax] & trade, which while appearing to be for the benefit of the environment, is really just yet another method for the Left to extract tax dollars from those who produce to be redistributed to those who do not.

The issue has become so politicized that I don't think it will ever go away, but scientists will continue to debate and hopefully continue to discover all of the causes of climate change, many of which I suspect are outside our control. Yes, the actions of man will have an impact on the planet, and where reasonable we should limit our impact to the planet. But there are so many other factors to consider that are outside of our planet that science has yet to fully explain, so I flatly refuse to blindly follow the idea of pure man-made global warming, especially when such blind devotion leads to things like a cap[tax] & trade system.
      09-17-2009, 10:44 AM   #18
TexAg06
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
lol wow... you morons honestly believe that humans have nothing to do with climate change.... how in the world did you morons get jobs to afford BMWs... i mean jesus christ, think Obama is a Nazi is laughable, but you honestly don't think global warming is real... that is sad, and pathetic....

lol i mean seriously, just because these dumb ass representatives (republican or democrat) don't understand the affect chemicals that WE as humans release into the air affect the ozone doesn't mean it isn't real...

it's like, i don't understand how nuclear bombs create such explosions, but they still do lol.

I understand that god fearing republicans who rode into office on their families fortunes don't understand science, but it's a pretty common knowledge among scientist... This is typical bush era politics... deny science at all cost, trust in the bible, hold on to your guns tight, and do whatever it takes to avoid all reason, statistics, proof, etc.
honestly, it's not even worth it to try and explain anything to you.
      09-17-2009, 10:44 AM   #19
Carter N
Enlisted Member

Quote:
No, I'm not -- there are scientists on both sides of the debate.
“The world’s leading climate experts at the Nobel Prize-winning Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change believe that it is greater than 90 per cent likely that human activity is responsible for most of the observed warming in recent decades. That is a pretty strong consensus.”

i'm not saying the true causes can't be debated... i'm just saying there are people, running this country, who think the entire idea of global warming is a myth. which is retarded.
      09-17-2009, 10:46 AM   #20
Carter N
Enlisted Member

Quote:
honestly, it's not even worth it to try and explain anything to you.
no, what you mean, is you can't explain... because you, like all the other people that line up on the right about this really don't know shit about global warming, you just listen to your bill o'reily and your glen beck, rocking back and forth, gun in hand.
      09-17-2009, 10:46 AM   #21
nostrum09
Second Lieutenant

Quote:

You clearly did not read my post correctly. I did not assert that global warming is made up, merely that I do not believe that purely man-made global warming should be considered the only option.

Your attempt to derail the discussion with ad hominem attacks will only serve to put you in the camp of the religion of Global Warming (not to be confused with global warming, which in my mind encompasses the scientific study of all the causes of planetary temperature fluctuations).
      09-17-2009, 10:49 AM   #22
Carter N
Enlisted Member

Quote:
You clearly did not read my post correctly. I did not assert that global warming is made up, merely that I do not believe that purely man-made global warming should be considered the only option.

Your attempt to derail the discussion with ad hominem attacks will only serve to put you in the camp of the religion of Global Warming (not to be confused with global warming, which in my mind encompasses the scientific study of all the causes of planetary temperature fluctuations).
lol, where did i ever say, i ONLY believe global warming is man made...

i understand that throughout the life of the earth the temperature changes, but not in such a short time span and such a radical scale, which lead me and scientist around the world to believe that something else, MAN, is helping out. mmmkay pumpkin?