BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery
 
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-25-2009, 12:54 AM   #1
nd54
Captain
United_States
27

 
Drives: RDSport RS 46
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Los Angeles


Posts: 649
iTrader: (6)

RDSport RS 46 - 3000km roadtrip

It's close to winter time in Calgary, which is a shame since it's been raining almost every day this summer, so I decided to bring my car back to California a little early. I left with a friend of mine, and took the more scenic route this time. Here are some pictures of the trip. The car is great, very fast, and still very comfortable. It could be a completely stock car, except faster, better handling, and I think better looking. So far it's been getting about 21mpg on the highway as well, which is great considering how many cars we've been passing.

Picture in Calgary:


Map of the route:


Outside of a ghost town in BC:


Forest fires in BC (there were quite a few):


Long wait at the US border:


Washington state has some great roads:



That's about it for now, heading to Portland next. If any members along the way want to meet up and possibly drive the car, send me a PM .

Last edited by nd54; 08-25-2009 at 06:00 AM.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2009, 01:09 AM   #2
808E90
808E90
United_States
81

 
808E90's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 ///M
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Aloha State


Posts: 4,019
iTrader: (21)

Car looks great ... I'm sure it drives great too
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2009, 06:39 AM   #3
DCMETRO22Z
MMA FIGHTER
France
14

 
Drives: feet
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: antony 92


Posts: 421
iTrader: (0)

I loooove that car.

I have a question.

Why the hell do all RD customer prefer the step lip RD wheels over the reverse lip ones ...

Curious since the reverse/flat lip wheels are generally far more popular than the step lip wheels wich look a lil bit "oldschool" to me...
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2009, 07:04 AM   #4
panbo
Private First Class
United_States
3

 
panbo's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 6mt
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: NA


Posts: 148
iTrader: (0)

great car, great road... must be fun!!!
glad you are enjoying the beast...
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2009, 08:54 AM   #5
KiokenM3
Lieutenant Colonel
25

 
KiokenM3's Avatar
 
Drives: LIFTED JEEP JK!
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: LA


Posts: 1,507
iTrader: (4)

have a safe drive and enjoy the road trip. beatiful car!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2009, 10:49 AM   #6
vinnycg
Captain
11

 
Drives: 2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New York


Posts: 710
iTrader: (1)

Enjoy the drive..looks like a lot of fun.

-Vin
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2009, 11:11 AM   #7
daltonnnn
U.S. Navy Officer
United_States
5

 
daltonnnn's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 X5 Diesel
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Coronado, CA


Posts: 415
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to daltonnnn
Looks like a fun trip. Are you on it now, or already took it?
__________________
2012 X5d - Alpine White | Almost fully loaded | Color matched everything | Clear Bra | 4" Magnaflow race muffler exhaust system | JBD @ 80% | 20x10 Avant Garde M510s
2009 Honda CBR 1000RR - White
2008 M3 E92 - Retired - Alpine White | 6MT | Vorsteiner rear diffuser
*** Go Navy! *** ***Go SF 49ers!!!*** *** Go SF Giants!!!*****
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2009, 12:13 PM   #8
anthony @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
124


 
anthony @ eas's Avatar
 
Drives: R56 Cooper S
Join Date: May 2009
Location: 4015 E Leaverton Court, Anahiem, CA 92807


Posts: 3,614
iTrader: (0)

Nice! Keep us all updated with pics. You should stop by here and let us take some pics of your car.
__________________
Anthony M. | european auto source (eas)
email: anthony@europeanautosource.com web: www.europeanautosource.com tel 866.669.0705 ca: 714.369.8524 x25

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG FACEBOOK YOUTUBE FLICKR INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2009, 12:48 PM   #9
Nate@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
471


 
Nate@IND's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago


Posts: 10,423
iTrader: (19)

I love BC! Enjoy the road trip
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2009, 01:10 PM   #10
nd54
Captain
United_States
27

 
Drives: RDSport RS 46
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Los Angeles


Posts: 649
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCMETRO22Z View Post
I loooove that car.

I have a question.

Why the hell do all RD customer prefer the step lip RD wheels over the reverse lip ones ...

Curious since the reverse/flat lip wheels are generally far more popular than the step lip wheels wich look a lil bit "oldschool" to me...
I don't know, honestly I think the wheels look pretty good with the step lip. My next set are one piece RDSport RC-8 wheels without a lip, which is the style I prefer.


Quote:
Originally Posted by daltonnnn View Post
Looks like a fun trip. Are you on it now, or already took it?
On the trip now, leaving Seattle later on today and then heading to Portland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony @ eas View Post
Nice! Keep us all updated with pics. You should stop by here and let us take some pics of your car.
That could be arranged, whereabouts in SoCal is your shop?



Thanks for all the nice comments guys, I'll post some updates this evening.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2009, 01:29 PM   #11
anthony @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
124


 
anthony @ eas's Avatar
 
Drives: R56 Cooper S
Join Date: May 2009
Location: 4015 E Leaverton Court, Anahiem, CA 92807


Posts: 3,614
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd54 View Post
That could be arranged, whereabouts in SoCal is your shop?
We're in Santa Ana (Orange County, at the 405 and 55). Let us know when you'll be in the area.
__________________
Anthony M. | european auto source (eas)
email: anthony@europeanautosource.com web: www.europeanautosource.com tel 866.669.0705 ca: 714.369.8524 x25

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG FACEBOOK YOUTUBE FLICKR INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2009, 01:37 PM   #12
10M3MAN
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
19

 
10M3MAN's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Nissan Altima SER
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Wharton, TX


Posts: 1,500
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via Skype™ to 10M3MAN
Sweet...roadtrips are awesome....Even better in an M3
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2009, 01:52 PM   #13
montreal red
chris
Canada
146

 
montreal red's Avatar
 
Drives: White Boat
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto


Posts: 12,127
iTrader: (31)

Send a message via MSN to montreal red
what a great looking car!
__________________

Current: 2013 F10 M5 & 2013 GLK350
997.1 GT3RS (gone)
2009 WRX STI (gone)
e92 M3 (gone)
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2009, 02:42 PM   #14
wrekonizeS54
Registered
0

 
Drives: E46 M3
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Calgary


Posts: 1
iTrader: (0)

Gorgeous car! I actually saw you driving on Glemore a few days ago and followed you to the dealership to take a closer look. Simply amazing. Enjoy your road trip......

Does anybody have a link to the other RD wheels you just mentioned?
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2009, 02:53 PM   #15
lazyassand1balla24
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
17

 
Drives: 2007 Alpine White/Red Interior
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Glendale, California


Posts: 1,618
iTrader: (0)

nice
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2009, 03:15 PM   #16
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
66

 
KonigsTiger's Avatar
 
Drives: E92M3 RS46 Club Sport, others
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dweller


Posts: 4,398
iTrader: (0)

I hope to see you in Cali soon enough my friend!!!
__________________
==================================================
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2009, 03:52 PM   #17
Lil. Lucas
Interlagos FTW!
Australia
1

 
Drives: 86 E30 M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Australia


Posts: 167
iTrader: (0)

I did the drive from Vancouver to LA via Vegas and back again a few weeks ago, amazing time. Car looks great
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2009, 04:01 PM   #18
the infamous...
Relapsed Bimmerpost Addict
United_States
423

 
the infamous...'s Avatar
 
Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: PARADISE aka CANES COUNTRY


Posts: 17,533
iTrader: (0)

Bad and fast a$$ ride!!!! Your route looks like tonnes of fun.
__________________


"simple is clean" -The ///ModFather
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2009, 07:27 PM   #19
michaeldorian
Captain
United_States
24

 
Drives: Beater Nissan Truck
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Seattle, WA


Posts: 964
iTrader: (0)

ND54, Thanks again for letting me drive the car. The car is amazing guys. It is so smooth and has a OEM factory feel to it. You can easily drive this car comfortably everyday. Much more so then the factory car.

Couple of things I noticed about the car.

- It makes ample torque now. Start in second gear and there is plenty of torque to get you going. Stomp on the gas in third and you have plenty of power to pass cars.

- The power is made earlier in the rev band. The power is still delivered in a linear fashion, it just comes on earlier. The car doesn't feel as "rev" happy as the stock car. This is also due to the fact that you don't have to rev it as much. Between 4-6K, there's amazing pull. In second gear, I feel like right at 6K RPM, you have to shift to continue the assault forward. The power feels more refined then stock.

- I can't really pin-point what it is, but the engine just feels "heavier", like it takes a bit more to rev it to the stratosphere. By no means is it slow. It's just a bit more lazy about the power, rev-ness and delivery. I personally think this makes the car a much easier car to drive around town. Alot more fun.

- I've drove a GTR the day before and it's totally different. The GTR still feels much faster, but the RS46 is much more refined. Smoother and more predictable power.

- I really like the RDSport Chassis Kit. For anyone not doing extensive racing or tracking, I highly recommend this kit. It is very compliant, and better then any stock EDC mode I've tested.

- After seeing the RDSport Front and Rear bumpers in person, side by side. I think the mild version of the RDSport kit is amazing. It really makes the stock car front bumper look "weak". I perfer this look over the Ericsson look. It looks factory OEM. Something that I could see BMW put out.

- RS46 is a complete package, from start to end. I'm impressed.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2009, 07:33 PM   #20
michaeldorian
Captain
United_States
24

 
Drives: Beater Nissan Truck
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Seattle, WA


Posts: 964
iTrader: (0)

and the brakes are freaking awesome.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2009, 09:40 AM   #21
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
66

 
KonigsTiger's Avatar
 
Drives: E92M3 RS46 Club Sport, others
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dweller


Posts: 4,398
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeldorian View Post
ND54, Thanks again for letting me drive the car. The car is amazing guys. It is so smooth and has a OEM factory feel to it. You can easily drive this car comfortably everyday. Much more so then the factory car.

Couple of things I noticed about the car.

- It makes ample torque now. Start in second gear and there is plenty of torque to get you going. Stomp on the gas in third and you have plenty of power to pass cars.

- The power is made earlier in the rev band. The power is still delivered in a linear fashion, it just comes on earlier. The car doesn't feel as "rev" happy as the stock car. This is also due to the fact that you don't have to rev it as much. Between 4-6K, there's amazing pull. In second gear, I feel like right at 6K RPM, you have to shift to continue the assault forward. The power feels more refined then stock.

- I can't really pin-point what it is, but the engine just feels "heavier", like it takes a bit more to rev it to the stratosphere. By no means is it slow. It's just a bit more lazy about the power, rev-ness and delivery. I personally think this makes the car a much easier car to drive around town. Alot more fun.

- I've drove a GTR the day before and it's totally different. The GTR still feels much faster, but the RS46 is much more refined. Smoother and more predictable power.

- I really like the RDSport Chassis Kit. For anyone not doing extensive racing or tracking, I highly recommend this kit. It is very compliant, and better then any stock EDC mode I've tested.

- After seeing the RDSport Front and Rear bumpers in person, side by side. I think the mild version of the RDSport kit is amazing. It really makes the stock car front bumper look "weak". I perfer this look over the Ericsson look. It looks factory OEM. Something that I could see BMW put out.

- RS46 is a complete package, from start to end. I'm impressed.
Nice review indeed, my I ask what your background is?
__________________
==================================================
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2009, 09:45 AM   #22
michaeldorian
Captain
United_States
24

 
Drives: Beater Nissan Truck
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Seattle, WA


Posts: 964
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-M-Mexico View Post
Nice review indeed, my I ask what your background is?
HCI (Human Computer Interaction) Research / Design
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:31 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST