BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....
 
Lux Angel Eyes
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-21-2009, 05:10 PM   #23
335fourdoor
6
Captain
 
Drives: 335 e90
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: west

Posts: 671
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted335 View Post
im in the car business and if you think the m3 will lose only 28k in 5 years pass over whatever your smoking. I wont be suprised by January if a new 08 msrp 70k will be going for low 40's. Thats in two years
how are you losing all that weight?
335fourdoor is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      08-21-2009, 07:17 PM   #24
boombastic
1
Private First Class
 
boombastic's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 AMS GT-R & Powerchip X5M
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NNJ

Posts: 181
iTrader: (1)

at first i didnt consider C63 would be my DD, i was thinking abt something else, but 14k off MSRP, i could not resist. and it is true, c63 is easier to gain much more power from simple bolt-ons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sincity View Post
I just happened to read a thread about what people were paying for their Ms here. They didn't state when they purchased, but I heard discounts as high as $19k off MRSP. I purchased my C63 last month for almost $14k off MSRP.

What sold me in the end was the sound of the stock exhaust and relative ease to getting over 500 crank HP. I found going fast straight more of a benefit than shaving a few seconds on a road course. My eyes were attracted to the M styling but I was seduced by the things that the C said to me. But that is my $.02.

Boombastic has it the best since he can argue on both sides of the fence.
__________________
2010 GT-R Black/AMS custom ECU/AAM Competition Mid-pipe/HKS intake
2010 X5M Sliverstone(Tuned by Powerchip)
2009 AW/FR M3 COUPE:HP AUTOWERKS ECU, BMC FILTER, RPI SCOOPS,ROGUE ENG PULLEY(SOLD)
boombastic is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      08-21-2009, 08:20 PM   #25
stickypaws
18
Dictator
 
stickypaws's Avatar
 
Drives: people crazy
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: where you want to be

Posts: 1,817
iTrader: (0)

fwiw, MSRP will be higher for the 2010 C63.

The mfg and also MBUSA are helping US franchise dealers move existing 2009 inventory, like usual. We're almost into September already. The 2010 has some good upgrades (Keyless Go, e.g.) And they will threaten to stop incentives soon to motivate dealers to cut deals now and move it right now (of course, dealer franchise laws and regulations vary from state to state.) It'll then be left up to the dealer. But then incentives may return in some form or another if it's still slow. But Daimler AG wants to sell 2010s, 2009s are over. August holiday will be over soon, too. Same old story.

All so common and happens with BMW, etc., too. Same old story. Don't forget the glut of past M3s. Prices were rock bottom.

Anyway, mfg output for new model cars (all mfgs) will be reduced due to the economy. Cutbacks and layoffs have already happened with all mfgs, as you already know. Leasing will change, etc.. Profit has to still be made even with less production, somehow, someway.

They may be cars to us, but they're really still widgets to be sold and profited from. In the meantime the rate of production is simply returning to a more 'normal' rate. Too many houses, cars, etc., were being bought in the past. And all on funny money.
stickypaws is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      08-21-2009, 08:38 PM   #26
KonigsTiger
43
Racying Dynamics
 
KonigsTiger's Avatar
 
Drives: E92M3 RS46 Club Sport, others
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dweller

Posts: 4,398
iTrader: (0)

I would consider it at the price it is sold!! No doubt a fine car.
__________________
==================================================
KonigsTiger is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      08-21-2009, 08:51 PM   #27
bobbyd1961
24
Banned
 
Drives: 2009 M3 sedan LeMans Blue
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: new jersey

Posts: 2,411
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSoupForU View Post
I prefer the M but the dealers around here are willing to slash prices pretty deeply on the C63. I was wondering to myself what price the C63 would have to be in order to buy it over the M3? 15k cheaper than the M?
9000 less than m3
bobbyd1961 is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      08-21-2009, 09:33 PM   #28
graider
24
Colonel
 
graider's Avatar
 
Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: toronto

Posts: 2,408
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavetaaxon View Post
the amg's will depreciate MUCH quicker than an M. You buy your amg and in two years it will be worth less than you owe
+ it will look outdated.
graider is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      08-22-2009, 12:28 AM   #29
Hans Delbruck
12
BMW & MB - friends in my garage
 
Hans Delbruck's Avatar
 
Drives: C63, 135i, 1959 BUICK
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Posts: 1,285
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavetaaxon View Post
the amg's will depreciate MUCH quicker than an M. You buy your amg and in two years it will be worth less than you owe
Quote:
Originally Posted by graider View Post
+ it will look outdated.
Yes it is important to buy something you can't afford, and keep up to date so you look the part.

LOL.

You guys are the epitome of a poseur
__________________
2009 135i 6MT Euro Delivery 9/5/09
BMW Performance Power Kit - Exhaust - Short Shifter
Hans Delbruck is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      08-22-2009, 10:16 AM   #30
graider
24
Colonel
 
graider's Avatar
 
Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: toronto

Posts: 2,408
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Delbruck View Post
Yes it is important to buy something you can't afford, and keep up to date so you look the part.

LOL.

You guys are the epitome of a poseur
wow. anything againsts the c63 and someone just need to attack or talk nonsense. Sorry, but having more money doesn't buy better taste.
graider is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      08-22-2009, 11:02 AM   #31
MikeG_C63_AMG
3
First Lieutenant
 
MikeG_C63_AMG's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Eurocharged C63 AMG
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hoboken,NJ

Posts: 378
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickypaws View Post
fwiw, MSRP will be higher for the 2010 C63.

The mfg and also MBUSA are helping US franchise dealers move existing 2009 inventory, like usual. We're almost into September already. The 2010 has some good upgrades (Keyless Go, e.g.) And they will threaten to stop incentives soon to motivate dealers to cut deals now and move it right now (of course, dealer franchise laws and regulations vary from state to state.) It'll then be left up to the dealer. But then incentives may return in some form or another if it's still slow. But Daimler AG wants to sell 2010s, 2009s are over. August holiday will be over soon, too. Same old story.

All so common and happens with BMW, etc., too. Same old story. Don't forget the glut of past M3s. Prices were rock bottom.

Anyway, mfg output for new model cars (all mfgs) will be reduced due to the economy. Cutbacks and layoffs have already happened with all mfgs, as you already know. Leasing will change, etc.. Profit has to still be made even with less production, somehow, someway.

They may be cars to us, but they're really still widgets to be sold and profited from. In the meantime the rate of production is simply returning to a more 'normal' rate. Too many houses, cars, etc., were being bought in the past. And all on funny money.
+1 Excellent post.

Same scenario happened with the 08 M3's due to the new Idrive. To the OP. I'm sure just like you and a majority people on here, we don't just go into the backyard and pick money off the tree. With that being said, when I had gotten my C63 (early Aug 08) if the firesale deals on M3 were taking place then I would probably be driving the M3 now instead of paying close to MSRP for my C63 since I had one of the first 09's (08 Production was very limited). This wont be your last car just like it wont be mine. If you really like the M3 wait until it gets closer to the 2010's as I'm sure you will see another fire sale to clear inventory again.
MikeG_C63_AMG is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:23 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST