BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest
 
Stick to Clutch
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-18-2010, 02:11 PM   #485
xsilvor
Captain
 
xsilvor's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 825
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax-Prime View Post
SG E92 with a drop heading east-bound I-10 near Brookshire. Way to hold up the left lane with about 15 open lengths ahead of you....

Seriously, when a guy with ape hangers is waiting to get around you, it's time to move it over.

Whoever bought Mike's? lol
__________________
Some say he roams around the woods at night foraging for wolves.


2011 E92 M3 DCT - Silverstone II.Black/Gray.Carbon/DINAN
2008 E92 M3 DCT (RIP) - Jet Black.Black.Carbon
xsilvor is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-19-2010, 10:49 AM   #486
JC919
Lieutenant Colonel
 
JC919's Avatar
 
Drives: CSL
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland

Posts: 1,791
iTrader: (0)

Saw a black e92 with wheels, BBK, and I couldn't tell what else on Shepherd between Kirby and Memorial. This was yesterday as I was nursing my R-compounds home after a surprise shower.

Ajax, saw your car heading west on I-10 last Friday, about ten miles east of the exit for the Hennessey shop. I was heading into Houston. Definitely yours by the looks of the lip and wheels.
__________________

2003 CSL, SG and some brake bs
2002 M5, SSII/Blk and bone stock. Stored in TX
2008 M3, AW/Blk 6MT, Akrapovic Evolution, Evosport Pulley, ESS Tune, Michelin PSS/Hoosier, other track stuff SOLD
JC919 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-19-2010, 02:17 PM   #487
frankzlin79
Lieutenant Colonel
 
frankzlin79's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Nissan GT-R
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Houston, Texas

Posts: 1,618
iTrader: (5)

How come nobody ever spots me? I'm all over town and on I-10 everyday. I have the only AW E92 that looks like mine in town...shoooo.....
frankzlin79 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-19-2010, 08:25 PM   #488
=[monkey]=
First Lieutenant
 
=[monkey]='s Avatar
 
Drives: sc m3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Houston

Posts: 356
iTrader: (4)

Spotted blue e92 m3 on west rd and feeter of beltway busting a u, I always see it park next to first service credit union.
=[monkey]= is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-20-2010, 08:25 AM   #489
xsilvor
Captain
 
xsilvor's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 825
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankzlin79 View Post
How come nobody ever spots me? I'm all over town and on I-10 everyday. I have the only AW E92 that looks like mine in town...shoooo.....
Don't feel bad. I've never been seen either.
__________________
Some say he roams around the woods at night foraging for wolves.


2011 E92 M3 DCT - Silverstone II.Black/Gray.Carbon/DINAN
2008 E92 M3 DCT (RIP) - Jet Black.Black.Carbon
xsilvor is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-21-2010, 05:12 PM   #490
Ajax-Prime
Hydrocarbon Man
 
Ajax-Prime's Avatar
 
Drives: Still waiting on Stuttgart...
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Houston

Posts: 427
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC919 View Post
Saw a black e92 with wheels, BBK, and I couldn't tell what else on Shepherd between Kirby and Memorial. This was yesterday as I was nursing my R-compounds home after a surprise shower.

Ajax, saw your car heading west on I-10 last Friday, about ten miles east of the exit for the Hennessey shop. I was heading into Houston. Definitely yours by the looks of the lip and wheels.
Saw ya!
Ajax-Prime is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-24-2010, 10:12 AM   #491
track_warrior
Captain
 
track_warrior's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: San Antonio, TX

Posts: 662
iTrader: (1)

Black e92 dct with a chick driving. This was on friday night @ stone oak here in san antonio
__________________
l 2014 F31 328d X-drive M-sport l 2014 F30 328d M-Sport l 2012 VW Golf Tdi l 1997 E-420 Sport l 2014 Touareg Tdi Armoured Level B5 l


Compensating a heavy car with horsepower is like giving an alcoholic cocaine to sober him up...
track_warrior is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-28-2010, 06:34 PM   #492
pittsy
Captain
 
pittsy's Avatar
 
Drives: Jerez...E92 M3
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 860
iTrader: (0)

SG E90 ZCP with i think eisenmann exhaust on lemmon
__________________
08 E92 M3 Jerez Black | Bamboo | 6MT | 18s | 5% tint | No iDrive | Heated Seats | V1 hardwire | ///M Alu Pedals | Matte Black Grills | Painted Reflectors | CF Roundels | GP Thunder 8500k | Remus Race Exhaust | VMR V701 18s Matte Black
pittsy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-28-2010, 07:52 PM   #493
ranger22
Private First Class
 
ranger22's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Dallas

Posts: 154
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsy View Post
SG E90 ZCP with i think eisenmann exhaust on lemmon
Oh no! I've been spotted.

Its actually an Akra exhaust. I saw you, but didn't get a chance to give you a thumbs up. What wheels are you running? They looked like 18" VMRs. I've been eyeballing the HRE Fall-Lines, but I don't want to pay that much and I want to have them made to my own specifications instead of the Fall-line standard issue. Your wheels looked really sharp on your car!

I actually spotted another M3 on the way home from work. It was a pre-LCI E90 in SSII. I've seen this car a couple of times, they always exit downtown from 30 headed east. Anyone on here?
ranger22 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-28-2010, 11:39 PM   #494
track_warrior
Captain
 
track_warrior's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: San Antonio, TX

Posts: 662
iTrader: (1)

Spotted a Tinted Alpine white e92 on the access road of 281 by nakoma.

Also spotted a red e92 on stone oak and huebner around 6 pm
__________________
l 2014 F31 328d X-drive M-sport l 2014 F30 328d M-Sport l 2012 VW Golf Tdi l 1997 E-420 Sport l 2014 Touareg Tdi Armoured Level B5 l


Compensating a heavy car with horsepower is like giving an alcoholic cocaine to sober him up...
track_warrior is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-29-2010, 05:25 AM   #495
JC919
Lieutenant Colonel
 
JC919's Avatar
 
Drives: CSL
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland

Posts: 1,791
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger22 View Post
I've been eyeballing the HRE Fall-Lines, but I don't want to pay that much and I want to have them made to my own specifications instead of the Fall-line standard issue. Your wheels looked really sharp on your car!
I'm with you on the Fall Lines, I think I may go with the R40s, but that's after suspension and brakes.
__________________

2003 CSL, SG and some brake bs
2002 M5, SSII/Blk and bone stock. Stored in TX
2008 M3, AW/Blk 6MT, Akrapovic Evolution, Evosport Pulley, ESS Tune, Michelin PSS/Hoosier, other track stuff SOLD
JC919 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-29-2010, 09:00 AM   #496
pittsy
Captain
 
pittsy's Avatar
 
Drives: Jerez...E92 M3
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 860
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger22 View Post
Oh no! I've been spotted.

Its actually an Akra exhaust. I saw you, but didn't get a chance to give you a thumbs up. What wheels are you running? They looked like 18" VMRs. I've been eyeballing the HRE Fall-Lines, but I don't want to pay that much and I want to have them made to my own specifications instead of the Fall-line standard issue. Your wheels looked really sharp on your car!

I actually spotted another M3 on the way home from work. It was a pre-LCI E90 in SSII. I've seen this car a couple of times, they always exit downtown from 30 headed east. Anyone on here?
Sorry I couldn't tell exactly what exhaust you had, I just took a guess. Akra is very nice, do you have the full system or just the catback? Thanks! Yes, I have the 18" VMR V701s. It's hard to beat the value of these wheels, $850 shipped to your door is great. Your car looked great as well, very clean. I was just a little frustrated with the traffic on woodwall yesterday. BTW, nice plate!
__________________
08 E92 M3 Jerez Black | Bamboo | 6MT | 18s | 5% tint | No iDrive | Heated Seats | V1 hardwire | ///M Alu Pedals | Matte Black Grills | Painted Reflectors | CF Roundels | GP Thunder 8500k | Remus Race Exhaust | VMR V701 18s Matte Black
pittsy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-29-2010, 01:58 PM   #497
ranger22
Private First Class
 
ranger22's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Dallas

Posts: 154
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsy View Post
Sorry I couldn't tell exactly what exhaust you had, I just took a guess. Akra is very nice, do you have the full system or just the catback? Thanks! Yes, I have the 18" VMR V701s. It's hard to beat the value of these wheels, $850 shipped to your door is great. Your car looked great as well, very clean. I was just a little frustrated with the traffic on woodwall yesterday. BTW, nice plate!
I have only the Akra skip-on for now. I was pretty frustrated with the traffic too. At the point when I saw you, I had been driving for almost an hour. Regarding the plate, yup, I'm a dork. I still have mixed feelings about having one. Do you know any details about the weights of the 18" VMRs? I have never seen the specs, but if the weight is decent, I might look at those as an alternative to the higher priced HREs.
ranger22 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-29-2010, 03:04 PM   #498
008
Sexual Philanthropist
 
008's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Houston

Posts: 324
iTrader: (0)

Saw a space gray shepherd and w gray. Aslo saw a doc in a 93 at sushi king.
__________________
2011 E92 M3 AW/SC DCT, ZCV
bought 11/10 sold 9/11
008 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-29-2010, 07:00 PM   #499
pittsy
Captain
 
pittsy's Avatar
 
Drives: Jerez...E92 M3
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 860
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger22 View Post
I have only the Akra skip-on for now. I was pretty frustrated with the traffic too. At the point when I saw you, I had been driving for almost an hour. Regarding the plate, yup, I'm a dork. I still have mixed feelings about having one. Do you know any details about the weights of the 18" VMRs? I have never seen the specs, but if the weight is decent, I might look at those as an alternative to the higher priced HREs.
Yeah me to, I was driving home from Ft. Worth so I was stuck in traffic for a long time, over an hour. I'm not sure about the weight of the VMR but I'm sure there is some info online somewhere about them, or you can call one of the vendors and I'm sure they can tell you what the weight is.
__________________
08 E92 M3 Jerez Black | Bamboo | 6MT | 18s | 5% tint | No iDrive | Heated Seats | V1 hardwire | ///M Alu Pedals | Matte Black Grills | Painted Reflectors | CF Roundels | GP Thunder 8500k | Remus Race Exhaust | VMR V701 18s Matte Black
pittsy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-30-2010, 04:33 PM   #500
Res Ipsa
Local LOLyer
 
Res Ipsa's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 303
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankzlin79 View Post
How come nobody ever spots me? I'm all over town and on I-10 everyday. I have the only AW E92 that looks like mine in town...shoooo.....
Same here, but I think it's because I don't leave the Highland Park/Lakewood/Uptown bubble.
__________________
Audi S5 | '09 X5 xDrive 30i
Res Ipsa is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-30-2010, 05:07 PM   #501
JC919
Lieutenant Colonel
 
JC919's Avatar
 
Drives: CSL
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland

Posts: 1,791
iTrader: (0)

^attention whores
__________________

2003 CSL, SG and some brake bs
2002 M5, SSII/Blk and bone stock. Stored in TX
2008 M3, AW/Blk 6MT, Akrapovic Evolution, Evosport Pulley, ESS Tune, Michelin PSS/Hoosier, other track stuff SOLD
JC919 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-31-2010, 12:30 AM   #502
track_warrior
Captain
 
track_warrior's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: San Antonio, TX

Posts: 662
iTrader: (1)

Spotted a blue e92 on stone oak today.
__________________
l 2014 F31 328d X-drive M-sport l 2014 F30 328d M-Sport l 2012 VW Golf Tdi l 1997 E-420 Sport l 2014 Touareg Tdi Armoured Level B5 l


Compensating a heavy car with horsepower is like giving an alcoholic cocaine to sober him up...
track_warrior is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-31-2010, 06:55 PM   #503
=[monkey]=
First Lieutenant
 
=[monkey]='s Avatar
 
Drives: sc m3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Houston

Posts: 356
iTrader: (4)

spotted white e90 with foxred interior on 1464, also black e92 on gessner 249 two days ago
=[monkey]= is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-01-2010, 11:22 AM   #504
008
Sexual Philanthropist
 
008's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Houston

Posts: 324
iTrader: (0)

AW with exhaust on Kirby turned on San Felipe black wheels. Wasn't feeling the exhaust note.
__________________
2011 E92 M3 AW/SC DCT, ZCV
bought 11/10 sold 9/11
008 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-01-2010, 10:53 PM   #505
track_warrior
Captain
 
track_warrior's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: San Antonio, TX

Posts: 662
iTrader: (1)

Black e92 on gulf canyon and stone oak, apparently it was a female driver.
__________________
l 2014 F31 328d X-drive M-sport l 2014 F30 328d M-Sport l 2012 VW Golf Tdi l 1997 E-420 Sport l 2014 Touareg Tdi Armoured Level B5 l


Compensating a heavy car with horsepower is like giving an alcoholic cocaine to sober him up...
track_warrior is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-01-2010, 11:01 PM   #506
BillLee
Major General
 
BillLee's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: HTX

Posts: 5,223
iTrader: (21)

Garage List
09 E92 M3  [0.00]
08 E90 335i  [4.65]
who's black or sparkling graphite e92 was in Sienna Plantation yesterday? had a little ///M emblem on the front grill.
BillLee is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:52 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST