BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

ESS Tuning

07-15-2014, 11:24 PM   #1
Enforcer
Private First Class

Drives: 2011 e90 M3 SG

New to Austin

Hey Guys,

I recently moved from NYC to Round Rock last week and I wanted to see if there are any members around looking to meet up for a cruise over the weekend and perhaps carve up some beautiful scenic roads. I drive a satin pearl e90 m3, so if you see me on the road, honk and say hi!

Let me know if anyone is interested.
Enforcer is offline   United_States
      07-16-2014, 09:20 AM   #2
BrewRifle
Lieutenant

Drives: 2011 Monte Carlo Blue E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Check out the Cars and Coffee websites for Austin and around the area. I wouldn't mind doing another drive, it's been almost 6 months since the last one.
      07-16-2014, 09:32 AM   #3
CMendez
Lowly High School Teacher

Drives: 2008 e90 M3 6MT

I'm game if it will fit in my schedule
      07-17-2014, 09:31 AM   #4
Enforcer
Private First Class

How about Saturday/Sunday early in the morning around 8am? We can grab a cup of joe and hit the road. I'm going to need to rely on you guys to map out a route. A small group is always a blast and easier to coordinate.

I'll bring my camera!
      07-17-2014, 05:11 PM   #5
CMendez
Lowly High School Teacher

Drives: 2008 e90 M3 6MT

Sunday would be better for me, new wheels getting mounted Saturday.
      07-17-2014, 09:30 PM   #6
Enforcer
Private First Class

Sunday works for me. I'm going to have to defer to the seasoned locals for a meet point.
      07-21-2014, 07:47 AM   #7
jphughan
Brigadier General

Drives: 2011.75 M3 E92 6MT

Welcome to the Austin area OP! It depends on what type of driving you like, but the local BMW CCA chapter has at least one event per month, usually involving Hill Country driving with occasional tech sessions and such. Their website is www.tejaschapter.org. There are a few events left for this year, but you can also check out the Scrapbook for descriptions of previous events. And yes, we know the website is about a decade overdue for a redesign.

Other than that, Cars and Coffee is fun, but typically doesn't involve a drive. But there are occasional ad hoc meetups arranged in this forum or the Southwest section of E90Post, but frankly the Hill Country roads out here are so amazing and so endless that sometimes I'll just go out there by myself on spur of the moment. Here are a few Google Maps links to routes I've come up with for fun:

North Austin - The part on Anderson Mill and Research Blvd is just a necessary segment to connect the northern loop to the beautiful Spicewood Springs Rd, not an actual fun part to drive itself.

Austin to Fredericksburg - Hondo's on Main is a great burger place, and E Main St in Fredericksburg is a nice place to meander and check out shops for a few hours on a weekend afternoon, particularly with the wife. Johnson City is also a nice place to kill a few hours if you're interested in LBJ. There's also the LBJ Ranch (aka the Texas White House) a few miles west of Johnson City, which is also very cool.

Austin to San Antonio - The Cove is a nice lunch place that a friend recommended to me.

And if you get the itch to track your car, which I strongly recommend purely because you have an M3, but also because there are some great tracks out here, check out The Driver's Edge.

Lastly, this is totally unrelated to drives, but I provide free coding to local members, so if you want to get your car coded, feel free to shoot me a PM.
11 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT | Premium 2 | Convenience | 19" | EDC | Prem Audio | Moonroof | BMW Apps | Vorshlag Adjustable Camber Plates | StopTech ST-60 380mm BBK | Castrol SRF Fluid | ModMyNav.com rear camera | OEM Euro Sunglasses Holder

Last edited by jphughan; 07-21-2014 at 08:10 AM.
jphughan is online now   United_States