BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

GTB Performance

08-07-2009, 09:15 PM   #1
aus
Major General

Drives: Odysse

Is anyone selling the B&B exhaust??

I saw and heard it at an event a few months back where the M3 was being driven in a spirited way and it sounded awesome. The guy said it was a beta unit and they'll start selling it soon.

I e-mailed B&B and they said it was just released, but it doesn't seem like anyone is selling it.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
      08-07-2009, 09:31 PM   #2
503Alex
Captain

Drives: S30

We are a dealer for B&B (in fact they are sponsoring our latest event http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=289373), let me know if you need help getting an exhaust.
      08-07-2009, 09:55 PM   #3
aus
Major General

I'd like a price shipped to 90740. Thanks.

Still deciding but at least I know that one sounds kick ass going flat out.

I'm just wondering if anyone can confirm there's not drone while cruising.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
      08-07-2009, 10:24 PM   #4
503Alex
Captain

Drives: S30

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
I'd like a price shipped to 90740. Thanks.

Still deciding but at least I know that one sounds kick ass going flat out.

I'm just wondering if anyone can confirm there's not drone while cruising.
Sounds good, I have requested pricing. I know Andy had this exhaust before he got he Akra, maybe he can lend some insight?
      08-07-2009, 10:50 PM   #5
askiles
Major

Drives: 2008 M3 Sedan - Alpine White

Here was my original post about the system...

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=251043

It is a very nice system, that sounded great. It is definitely not as loud as a race exhaust, but louder than a sport. When I put it with the AA x-pipe with high flow cats, it was way too loud. I have a sound clips of that here...

The build quality of the system is superior to a lot of systems I have seen. It is full, and has connecting pipes, is all SS, and fully polished. For the money, it is a great system, and surpasses systems that cost almost 2x this one.

-Andy
      08-07-2009, 11:14 PM   #6
aus
Major General

Quote:
Originally Posted by askiles View Post
Here was my original post about the system...

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=251043

It is a very nice system, that sounded great. It is definitely not as loud as a race exhaust, but louder than a sport. When I put it with the AA x-pipe with high flow cats, it was way too loud. I have a sound clips of that here...

The build quality of the system is superior to a lot of systems I have seen. It is full, and has connecting pipes, is all SS, and fully polished. For the money, it is a great system, and surpasses systems that cost almost 2x this one.

-Andy
DAMN DUDE. What is it like, FOUR sets of wheels and how many exhausts now? Thanks for the links. Looks like it's a top quality unit, but a little heavy.

How was it with stock pipes while cruising around town or on the freeway? Any drone? Any idea how it would sound with the second set of cats/resonator deleted?

I've heard it wide open with stock cats/resonators and it sounded SWEET, IMO. And there were a lot of cars with open exhausts out there that day.

Last edited by aus; 08-08-2009 at 03:41 PM.