BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
Racewerkz Engineering
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-11-2009, 01:51 PM   #89
ChrisK
Brigadier General
 
ChrisK's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: IL

Posts: 4,816
iTrader: (4)

Hey, don't forget about us Estoril Blue MZ3'ers.
Attached Images
  
ChrisK is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-11-2009, 01:56 PM   #90
Mr.Metak2you
Brigadier General
 
Mr.Metak2you's Avatar
 
Drives: LEXUS LS(DailyDriver)
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Astral Projecting: ∞ 23.516 -122 02.625 0242.101 ĕv'rē-hwr'

Posts: 4,670
iTrader: (13)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisK View Post
Hey, don't forget about us Estoril Blue MZ3'ers.
Never, that's why I posted this, though in coupe form.... nice ride!

__________________
Mr.Metak2you is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-11-2009, 02:20 PM   #91
Jaypod
Brigadier General
 
Jaypod's Avatar
 
Drives: Frozen Silver M3, AM V8V
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto

Posts: 4,905
iTrader: (7)

Love estoril blue but for me it belongs on the E36 or the m coupe. Just like LSB is an E46 colour in my mind. But hey, as long as the owner likes it, thats all that matters!
Jaypod is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      08-11-2009, 02:26 PM   #92
Mr.Metak2you
Brigadier General
 
Mr.Metak2you's Avatar
 
Drives: LEXUS LS(DailyDriver)
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Astral Projecting: ∞ 23.516 -122 02.625 0242.101 ĕv'rē-hwr'

Posts: 4,670
iTrader: (13)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
Love estoril blue but for me it belongs on the E36 or the m coupe. Just like LSB is an E46 colour in my mind. But hey, as long as the owner likes it, thats all that matters!
I agree that certain colors define certain generations E36, E46...etc. What color will define the E9X? Even though I have an AW, I hope that's not going to define the E9X. White, how boring compared to Techno, Estoril, Laguna Seca, Dakar, Phoenix, etc.
__________________
Mr.Metak2you is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-11-2009, 02:37 PM   #93
Jaypod
Brigadier General
 
Jaypod's Avatar
 
Drives: Frozen Silver M3, AM V8V
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto

Posts: 4,905
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Metak View Post
I agree that certain colors define certain generations E36, E46...etc. What color will define the E9X? Even though I have an AW, I hope that's not going to define the E9X. White, how boring compared to Techno, Estoril, Laguna Seca, Dakar, Phoenix, etc.
Keeping the blue theme alive maybe the upcoming Monte Carlo blue? Although if that colour doesnt make it to the US as part of the exclusive offering then probably not. AW is definitely the most popular choice - but as far as defining I guess we will see. Estoril and LSB werent the most ordered colours I dont think.
Jaypod is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      08-11-2009, 02:37 PM   #94
SoreHead
Captain
 
SoreHead's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 M3 coupe - Manual
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Ontario

Posts: 866
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonCSU View Post
It is Platinum Silver Metallic.
Nice. Did you get the dark grey wheels? They look great with the silver (great with all colours actually).
SoreHead is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      08-11-2009, 02:40 PM   #95
SoreHead
Captain
 
SoreHead's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 M3 coupe - Manual
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Ontario

Posts: 866
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
Keeping the blue theme alive maybe the upcoming Monte Carlo blue? Although if that colour doesnt make it to the US as part of the exclusive offering then probably not. AW is definitely the most popular choice - but as far as defining I guess we will see. Estoril and LSB werent the most ordered colours I dont think.
Why would an available colour not make it to all markets???
I'm confused. I can see certain specs not meeting regulations or affecting cost in a way that warrants leaving it out but surely all colour options that are available should BE available???

I can also understand them leaving something like the M3 signature colour not being available on non M3 models but not the other way round. If a colour is available on the std 3 series I can see no reason that all those colours should also be available on the M3 and in all markets.
SoreHead is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      08-11-2009, 02:41 PM   #96
SoreHead
Captain
 
SoreHead's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 M3 coupe - Manual
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Ontario

Posts: 866
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisK View Post
Hey, don't forget about us Estoril Blue MZ3'ers.
I think I've seen 3 of them in person in Ireland. Not a big seller due to price/insurance at home I think. Did BMW shift many here?
SoreHead is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      08-11-2009, 03:22 PM   #97
JasonCSU
Colonel
 
Drives: '08 135i, '03 WRX
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Denver, CO

Posts: 2,132
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2003 Subaru WRX  [0.00]
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoreHead View Post
Nice. Did you get the dark grey wheels? They look great with the silver (great with all colours actually).
Unfortunately, the dark grey wheels weren't available on '03 models. I've currently got a set of silver BBS wheels from an '04 STi on the car though.
__________________
Delivered in Munich, broken in on the Nurburgring.
JasonCSU is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-11-2009, 06:20 PM   #98
Big Windy
Major General
 
Big Windy's Avatar
 
Drives: audi s4
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: seatac, wa

Posts: 5,118
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
So Monte Carlo will probably end up replacing Interlagos next year, yeah? Probably at the same time as the E92/E93 LCI (March?)? I suspect that is what is in the cards. Maybe Lemans will also go away too. This would all be fine with me - the fewer cars out there in my color the better, I say.

It's good to hear that Estoril is making a return (if that turns out to be true) but with Monte Carlo being quite close in color (in pics, so far anyway - no one has side-by-sides yet), I can't see paying $5k for the priviledge to get the former.
+1. Monte Carlo and Estoril do look very similar, and it does seem a bit silly to pay the 5k for Estoril. Either way, I would also be surprised if Monte Carlo became a regular option on non-Edition M3s. Especially if they are trying to be exclusive with the M3 Edition, it wouldn't make sense to bring Monte Carlo to regular M3s. Why is BMW so obsessed with blues, btw???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Metak View Post
lol, Santorian is nowhere near similar to Estoril...
Yeah, I have no clue about that either. Santorian=LSB to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
Agree.

Somehow LSB looked better on the E46, but maybe just because I'm used to seeing it. It's definitely a love/hate color, unlike Estoril, which is like love/like.
+1 Greg...perfectly said!
__________________
Big Windy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-11-2009, 07:49 PM   #99
ching
First Lieutenant
 
ching's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 m3
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: toronto

Posts: 315
iTrader: (0)

LSB looks Smurphy.
__________________
E90 BMW M3 interlagos blue / silver novillo - vrs type ii diffuser, ape performance air filter, ind ib reflectors, RAC RG63 gunmetal, 2 car seats and a baby on board sign
ching is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-12-2009, 05:38 AM   #100
mkoesel
Moderator
 
Drives: IB/PS M-DCT E93 M3
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canton, MI

Posts: 12,992
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Windy View Post
Either way, I would also be surprised if Monte Carlo became a regular option on non-Edition M3s. Especially if they are trying to be exclusive with the M3 Edition, it wouldn't make sense to bring Monte Carlo to regular M3s.
It could take some time, but I think it will definitely become a regular color for the M3. Consider that it is already a regular color on the X5/X6 M. Also consider that IB was a special color on the 2006 M3 (ZCP coupe package only - very similar to the Edition M3 situation we have now), and then became a regular color for 2008. Additionally, like MCB, IB had already shown up as a regular color on another M (M5). So its possible that MCB may come to the M5 first, then the M3. We'll see.

Quote:
Why is BMW so obsessed with blues, btw???
Blue is gaining in popularity lately. I do agree BMW seems to have a lot of blues.
__________________
2008 Interlagos Blue E93 M3 - M-DCT
2011 Salsa Red Jetta TDI Sportwagen - DSG
mkoesel is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-12-2009, 10:00 PM   #101
bigjae1976
Takes threads off topic...daily
 
bigjae1976's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 E90 M3 Individual
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Posts: 5,075
iTrader: (11)

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [4.50]
2011 BMW E90 M3  [5.00]
2013 BMW 328i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Windy View Post
Why is BMW so obsessed with blues, btw???
Isn't BMW's logo blue and white?
__________________


Sponsored by Momentum BMW #593...We Bleed BMW BLUE!
bigjae1976 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-13-2009, 06:32 AM   #102
Big Windy
Major General
 
Big Windy's Avatar
 
Drives: audi s4
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: seatac, wa

Posts: 5,118
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjae1976 View Post
Isn't BMW's logo blue and white?
of course it is blue and white, but that comment makes no sense whatsoever.
__________________
Big Windy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-13-2009, 06:44 AM   #103
BMWCadet
Lieutenant
 
Drives: BMW E92 MR M3
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Fort Gordon, Georgia

Posts: 402
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisK View Post
Hey, don't forget about us Estoril Blue MZ3'ers.
That color is weak. I agree that BMW has too many blues and loves to reuse them on it's newest models. They should've let Estoril die. Interlagos, Montego, Monaco, Atlantic, and Lemans should be good enough.
BMWCadet is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-13-2009, 06:45 AM   #104
BMWCadet
Lieutenant
 
Drives: BMW E92 MR M3
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Fort Gordon, Georgia

Posts: 402
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Windy View Post
of course it is blue and white, but that comment makes no sense whatsoever.
BMWCadet is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-13-2009, 07:49 AM   #105
mkoesel
Moderator
 
Drives: IB/PS M-DCT E93 M3
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canton, MI

Posts: 12,992
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWCadet View Post
That color is weak. I agree that BMW has too many blues and loves to reuse them on it's newest models. They should've let Estoril die. Interlagos, Montego, Monaco, Atlantic, and Lemans should be good enough.
The pics he posted of his MZ are far from flattering. Look at the better pictures in this thread for a truer representation.

Also You forgot:

Monte Carlo
Deep Sea
Imperial

That's 8 total, with the ones you listed. At that point, I don't see how adding one more really makes a difference. Also, Estoril would be Individual only if it really does return. There are many more blues if you include Individual color. However, as I noted above, I can't see paying 5k for Estoril if Monte Carlo makes an appearance in the normal lineup.

Edit: Also, Atlantic has been replaced by Blue Water for 2009. Doesn't change the number of blues though.
__________________
2008 Interlagos Blue E93 M3 - M-DCT
2011 Salsa Red Jetta TDI Sportwagen - DSG

Last edited by mkoesel; 08-13-2009 at 10:10 AM.
mkoesel is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-13-2009, 09:47 AM   #106
footie
Major General
 
footie's Avatar
 
Drives: ????????????
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: BMW M3 will get a V6TT

Posts: 7,507
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Would Estoril Blue be similar to Audi's Nagaro Blue or Sprint Blue?

I actually have never noticed an Estoril Blue M3 before and now with the start of this thread have been on the look out but have had no joy. I do know what these two Audi colours look like and if it's similar then at least I too would like it a lot and rate it a good addition to the range on offer.



footie is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      08-13-2009, 10:12 AM   #107
mkoesel
Moderator
 
Drives: IB/PS M-DCT E93 M3
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canton, MI

Posts: 12,992
iTrader: (1)

footie that color looks a lot like BMW's Mystic Blue to me. Estoril is much lighter.

BTW, is that Nagaro or Spirit - or are they the same color with a different name?
__________________
2008 Interlagos Blue E93 M3 - M-DCT
2011 Salsa Red Jetta TDI Sportwagen - DSG
mkoesel is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-13-2009, 12:52 PM   #108
positiveions
Lieutenant General
 
positiveions's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 MKV JETTA 2.5 & E90 M3 :)
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: La Verne, CA

Posts: 10,348
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via MSN to positiveions Send a message via Yahoo to positiveions
Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
Would Estoril Blue be similar to Audi's Nagaro Blue or Sprint Blue?
is this. This is Estoril
positiveions is offline   Lebanon
0
Reply With Quote
      08-13-2009, 01:52 PM   #109
footie
Major General
 
footie's Avatar
 
Drives: ????????????
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: BMW M3 will get a V6TT

Posts: 7,507
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
footie that color looks a lot like BMW's Mystic Blue to me. Estoril is much lighter.

BTW, is that Nagaro or Spirit - or are they the same color with a different name?
Nagaro from memory is a little deeper than Sprint. The S4 is Nagaro and the TT is Sprint.

Based solely on the photos of both the S4 and the M3 they look quite similar and if they are then I think it's beautiful.
footie is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      08-13-2009, 02:41 PM   #110
BMWCadet
Lieutenant
 
Drives: BMW E92 MR M3
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Fort Gordon, Georgia

Posts: 402
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
The pics he posted of his MZ are far from flattering. Look at the better pictures in this thread for a truer representation.

Also You forgot:

Monte Carlo
Deep Sea
Imperial

That's 8 total, with the ones you listed. At that point, I don't see how adding one more really makes a difference. Also, Estoril would be Individual only if it really does return. There are many more blues if you include Individual color. However, as I noted above, I can't see paying 5k for Estoril if Monte Carlo makes an appearance in the normal lineup.

Edit: Also, Atlantic has been replaced by Blue Water for 2009. Doesn't change the number of blues though.
Ah my bad. Forgot about those as well.

Theres an Estoril blue M3 parked right next to my car(Montego) and it's a disappointment to me considering how passionate a lot of people have been in this thread about bringing the color back. It evokes no emotions whatsoever from me. Just meh. Of course stuff like that is subjective.
BMWCadet is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:10 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST