Bimmerpost for iOS has just been updated to version 3.8.9 with a host of new features and bug fixes. Try it out!
BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
PYSPEED
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-10-2009, 11:31 AM   #67
MTROIS
Major
MTROIS's Avatar
France
23
Rep
1,111
Posts

Drives: on the wrong side of the Ocean
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: New Jersey, USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Windy View Post
hands down would have been my choice if it was available...shame they didn't launch this from the get-go. but isn't this just a rumor anyway?
Looks like there is confusion between Monte Carlo and Estoril Blues...

Picking the color can be the most daunting decision when ordering this car! Depending on my mood, I sometimes wish I had MR, or Alpine White or Silverstone II (even if it is to greenish for me) or... but, fortunately for me, 99% of the time I am extremely happy with my choice.

No offense, but I did not dig Interlago. Le Mans or Monte Carlo would have been a 'May Be'; I also wonder what the car would have looked liked in Laguna Seca Blue or HellRot like the e30 M3s...
__________________
2008 M3 Coup | 1995 M3 LTW | BMW CCA Instructor
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2009, 11:38 AM   #68
SoreHead
Captain
SoreHead's Avatar
Canada
8
Rep
866
Posts

Drives: 2009 M3 coupe - Manual
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Ontario

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gqmd View Post
where would Montego Blue fit?
Don't like anything from Velvet blue down but that's one hell of a lot of blues. Jayzus.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2009, 12:12 PM   #69
SCOTT26
Brigadier General
SCOTT26's Avatar
361
Rep
3,353
Posts

Drives: Frozen Dark Silver 30 Jahre
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: WORLDWIDE

iTrader: (0)

Estoril Blue is not coming back to production cars ,
it will be available as a special paint and you will pay a premium for the finish. But Monte Carlo Blue will be seen as the Official BMW M Blue for the time being.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2009, 12:44 PM   #70
Big Windy
Major General
Big Windy's Avatar
United_States
74
Rep
5,116
Posts

Drives: audi s4
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: seatac, wa

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTROIS View Post
Looks like there is confusion between Monte Carlo and Estoril Blues...

Picking the color can be the most daunting decision when ordering this car! Depending on my mood, I sometimes wish I had MR, or Alpine White or Silverstone II (even if it is to greenish for me) or... but, fortunately for me, 99% of the time I am extremely happy with my choice.

No offense, but I did not dig Interlago. Le Mans or Monte Carlo would have been a 'May Be'; I also wonder what the car would have looked liked in Laguna Seca Blue or HellRot like the e30 M3s...
there are members of the forum who have posted pics of their laguna seca blue M3s...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Estoril Blue is not coming back to production cars ,
it will be available as a special paint and you will pay a premium for the finish. But Monte Carlo Blue will be seen as the Official BMW M Blue for the time being.

well i guess that's decided then. so Estoril will be a US $5,000 individual option, and monte carlo will be a regular selection starting in 2010?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2009, 12:51 PM   #71
Mr.Metak2you
Brigadier General
Mr.Metak2you's Avatar
128
Rep
4,766
Posts

Drives: LEXUS LS(DailyDriver)
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Astral Projecting: ∞ 23.516 -122 02.625 0242.101 ĕv'rē-hwr'

iTrader: (15)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Windy View Post
there are members of the forum who have posted pics of their laguna seca blue M3s...
Here is one...
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2009, 01:34 PM   #72
mkoesel
Moderator
United_States
271
Rep
14,128
Posts

Drives: 2015 SO/CSAT F80 M3
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canton, MI

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Estoril Blue is not coming back to production cars, it will be available as a special paint and you will pay a premium for the finish. But Monte Carlo Blue will be seen as the Official BMW M Blue for the time being.
So Monte Carlo will probably end up replacing Interlagos next year, yeah? Probably at the same time as the E92/E93 LCI (March?)? I suspect that is what is in the cards. Maybe Lemans will also go away too. This would all be fine with me - the fewer cars out there in my color the better, I say.

It's good to hear that Estoril is making a return (if that turns out to be true) but with Monte Carlo being quite close in color (in pics, so far anyway - no one has side-by-sides yet), I can't see paying $5k for the priviledge to get the former.
__________________
A gen-u-ine BMW eff-eight-zero with them tandem clutches in the transmission and that dad gum sun roof on the top-a da cawr.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2009, 01:36 PM   #73
808six
Second Lieutenant
3
Rep
271
Posts

Drives: AW 335 COUPE
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: HAWAII

iTrader: (1)

Umm..ill Pass
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2009, 10:14 PM   #74
rich2saint
Enlisted Member
1
Rep
30
Posts

Drives: '11 e90 ZCP
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: D.C. Area

iTrader: (0)

Doesn't sound like Estoril is going to be available...

Here's an email thread between Dave (of BMWSOnline.com fame).
Seemed a wee off, as he states EB is "no longer available" (uh, yeah, no kidding). But he claims to have spoken with Individual today (not sure if there is a delineation of any importance between M GMBH and BMW Individual)... Oh well - Santorin is pretty cool - but F*** the 5gs for it... Although....

thread starts at bottom...
--------------------------------------------------------

Rich,

Here's the latest. Estoril Blue is no longer available. They can offer the Santorin Blue as another similar option. If you choose to go with Santorin Blue, the pricing is the usual $4550 wholesale / $5000 retail. I provided a pic.

I know it may appear that way based on the post, but my information came directly from BMW Individual today. You have to take a lot of the posts with a grain of salt. That's why I only post info on the forum when it comes directly from BMW. It reduces the amount of misinformation.
Sent from my iPhone

------------------------------------------------------------------

On Aug 10, 2009, at 4:04 PM, "Rich wrote:

Actually it is back from the dead (had been discontinued) See below:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=289958

----------------------------------------------------------------
From: davidXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Sent: Monday, August 10, 2009 3:49 PM
To: RichXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Subject: BMW Individual

Rich,

Here's the latest. Estoril Blue is no longer available. They can offer the Santorin Blue as another similar option. If you choose to go with Santorin Blue, the pricing is the usual $4550 wholesale / $5000 retail. I provided a pic.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2009, 10:50 PM   #75
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
69
Rep
4,643
Posts

Drives: .
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: .

iTrader: (0)

Nice color.....But I'm still attached to IB....hehe.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2009, 11:04 PM   #76
Mr.Metak2you
Brigadier General
Mr.Metak2you's Avatar
128
Rep
4,766
Posts

Drives: LEXUS LS(DailyDriver)
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Astral Projecting: ∞ 23.516 -122 02.625 0242.101 ĕv'rē-hwr'

iTrader: (15)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich2saint View Post
Here's an email thread between Dave (of BMWSOnline.com fame).
Seemed a wee off, as he states EB is "no longer available" (uh, yeah, no kidding). But he claims to have spoken with Individual today (not sure if there is a delineation of any importance between M GMBH and BMW Individual)... Oh well - Santorin is pretty cool - but F*** the 5gs for it... Although....

thread starts at bottom...
--------------------------------------------------------

Rich,

Here's the latest. Estoril Blue is no longer available. They can offer the Santorin Blue as another similar option. If you choose to go with Santorin Blue, the pricing is the usual $4550 wholesale / $5000 retail. I provided a pic.

I know it may appear that way based on the post, but my information came directly from BMW Individual today. You have to take a lot of the posts with a grain of salt. That's why I only post info on the forum when it comes directly from BMW. It reduces the amount of misinformation.
Sent from my iPhone

------------------------------------------------------------------

On Aug 10, 2009, at 4:04 PM, "Rich wrote:

Actually it is back from the dead (had been discontinued) See below:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=289958

----------------------------------------------------------------
From: davidXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Sent: Monday, August 10, 2009 3:49 PM
To: RichXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Subject: BMW Individual

Rich,

Here's the latest. Estoril Blue is no longer available. They can offer the Santorin Blue as another similar option. If you choose to go with Santorin Blue, the pricing is the usual $4550 wholesale / $5000 retail. I provided a pic.
lol, Santorian is nowhere near similar to Estoril...
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2009, 11:11 PM   #77
rich2saint
Enlisted Member
1
Rep
30
Posts

Drives: '11 e90 ZCP
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: D.C. Area

iTrader: (0)

no doubt... Santorin def looks like that B5 S4 Nogaro blue back in the day... I'll probably just get AW and be done with it...
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2009, 01:31 AM   #78
FStop7
I like cars
FStop7's Avatar
Vatican City State
105
Rep
5,058
Posts

Drives: M6
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Newbury Park, CA

iTrader: (3)

This new blue looks to be closer to Estoril than anything else. Not quite the same, but similar.

__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2009, 05:48 AM   #79
mkoesel
Moderator
United_States
271
Rep
14,128
Posts

Drives: 2015 SO/CSAT F80 M3
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canton, MI

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post
This new blue looks to be closer to Estoril than anything else. Not quite the same, but similar.
Yeah, that's Monte Carlo - someone else also posted the pic a ways back in thread.

We definitely need some side-by-sides with an MCB M3 and an Estoril car (maybe an E46 M3 Individual) to see how close the two really are (or are not).
__________________
A gen-u-ine BMW eff-eight-zero with them tandem clutches in the transmission and that dad gum sun roof on the top-a da cawr.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2009, 06:44 AM   #80
Neil McRae
BMW Motorsport
Neil McRae's Avatar
United Kingdom
40
Rep
2,063
Posts

Drives: BMW ///M3 E92 / BMW ///M5 F10
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: London

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2012 BMW M5  [5.00]
2010 BMW M3 Coupe  [5.00]
Send a message via MSN to Neil McRae
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Yeah, that's Monte Carlo - someone else also posted the pic a ways back in thread.

We definitely need some side-by-sides with an MCB M3 and an Estoril car (maybe an E46 M3 Individual) to see how close the two really are (or are not).
This has FARKED me off big time. I was haggling with the BMW Product Managers about Estoril Blue and CLEARLY at the time they where working on it but all I got was Environmental BS we're never going to do it. WHY O WHY O WHY do they do this shit.

Here is the best picture of Estoril Blue that I've ever seen. Its my old E46 and I took the picture its a perfect representation of the colour. The other pictures in this thread do not do the colour justice.

I would have loved EB although AW is till the mutts nuts!
Attached Images
 
__________________
--
Neil J. //McRae -- Alive and Kicking -- neil at DOMINO.ORG --///M ARMY
M5 DCT CP Alpine White -- M135i Alpine White -- M4 DCT Alpine White
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2009, 06:55 AM   #81
zenderm3
Lieutenant Colonel
zenderm3's Avatar
Australia
35
Rep
1,963
Posts

Drives: E36 M3 DY/2010 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Brisbane

iTrader: (0)

Not sure I like Satorin Blue.... IB is sooo much better!!
__________________
________________
My ///M is in my garage .... and it is a beast!
2010 E92 M3 Space Grey | Fully Loaded
1996 E36 M3 Dakar Yellow - No Longer With Me
2004 Honda Accord Euro - SOLD
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2009, 08:33 AM   #82
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
United_States
143
Rep
7,715
Posts

Drives: 2015 M4 Coupe, 2012 ML350
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Lake Oswego, OR

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Minie Estoril

The Mini comes in a color called Laser Blue that looks exactly like Estoril to my eye, at least without seeing them side-by-side.
Attached Images
 
__________________

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2015 M4 Coupe - Silverstone/Sakhir/CF
2012 ML350
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2009, 09:05 AM   #83
Neil McRae
BMW Motorsport
Neil McRae's Avatar
United Kingdom
40
Rep
2,063
Posts

Drives: BMW ///M3 E92 / BMW ///M5 F10
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: London

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2012 BMW M5  [5.00]
2010 BMW M3 Coupe  [5.00]
Send a message via MSN to Neil McRae
nah the mini colour isn't as deep or dark as estoril.
__________________
--
Neil J. //McRae -- Alive and Kicking -- neil at DOMINO.ORG --///M ARMY
M5 DCT CP Alpine White -- M135i Alpine White -- M4 DCT Alpine White
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2009, 09:09 AM   #84
SoreHead
Captain
SoreHead's Avatar
Canada
8
Rep
866
Posts

Drives: 2009 M3 coupe - Manual
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Ontario

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Metak View Post
Here is one...
Oh God. A little bit of sick came up again.
That is almost the worst colour I've seen the car in (I won't say what is the worst colour to avoid a war )
It also look NOTHING like the colours previously posted as being the blue of interest. Is that the one that people are picking instead of EB?
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2009, 09:57 AM   #85
SoreHead
Captain
SoreHead's Avatar
Canada
8
Rep
866
Posts

Drives: 2009 M3 coupe - Manual
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Ontario

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
Agree.

Somehow LSB looked better on the E46, but maybe just because I'm used to seeing it. It's definitely a love/hate color, unlike Estoril, which is like love/like.
I hate in the E9x. It's way to bright and dull looking IMO.

love/like classic.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2009, 10:37 AM   #86
JasonCSU
Colonel
United_States
38
Rep
2,182
Posts

Drives: '08 135i, '03 WRX
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Denver, CO

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2003 Subaru WRX  [0.00]
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
I didn't know you could get Laguna Seca Blue on a E92 M3. Is it offered as an Individual color?
__________________
Delivered in Munich, broken in on the Nurburgring.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2009, 10:51 AM   #87
SoreHead
Captain
SoreHead's Avatar
Canada
8
Rep
866
Posts

Drives: 2009 M3 coupe - Manual
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Ontario

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonCSU View Post
I didn't know you could get Laguna Seca Blue on a E92 M3. Is it offered as an Individual color?
What colour is your WRX?
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2009, 11:07 AM   #88
JasonCSU
Colonel
United_States
38
Rep
2,182
Posts

Drives: '08 135i, '03 WRX
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Denver, CO

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2003 Subaru WRX  [0.00]
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoreHead View Post
What colour is your WRX?
It is Platinum Silver Metallic.
__________________
Delivered in Munich, broken in on the Nurburgring.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:28 PM.




m3post
m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST