BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

Evolve Automotive
Closed Thread

08-10-2009, 10:45 PM   #23
Nawaaz
Brigadier General

Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.AK View Post
I saw my first Mighty Nissan GT-R yesterday in downtown Baltimore City. Impression: i'm still fully happy on my decision to buy the M3. Performance aside, the M3 is such a nicer car. Specifically looks wise. M3 still #1. Go ahead and hate!
hahaha....My M3 was my #1 choice at this stage in my life, but it's clearly not THE best car for my taste. The 2010 GT3 would be that car. One day.....One day maybe..
Nawaaz is offline   United_States
      08-10-2009, 10:49 PM   #24
MJC///M3
Colonel

Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawaaz View Post
hahaha....My M3 was my #1 choice at this stage in my life, but it's clearly not THE best car for my taste. The 2010 GT3 would be that car. One day.....One day maybe..
M3 for now....F430 scud for later...

not one day mabye.....one day for SURE!!!!!

gotta think positive my friend!!! none of this mabye nonsense!
"You will get there, but it is up to you and you alone. It is what you are willing to do, and how you are willing to get there. You must be relentless, you must be tireless, you must pursue at all costs, so that you are ready, when the time is right." -Dad
MJC///M3 is offline   United_States
      08-10-2009, 10:51 PM   #25
BMWI6
Major

Drives: 335is

I went to see a carrara s today, and the m3 is definitively not #1. dont hate, but its the truth. Im gonna see if I can get one when my lease is up in 2 months.
      08-10-2009, 11:29 PM   #26
riyatch
Lieutenant

Drives: e90 M3

08-10-2009, 11:42 PM   #27
oneginee
Banned

Drives: GT3 RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koroush View Post
Do you even have an M3? It says you drive a Merc... If so what are you doing on a BMW thread?
This as your first post as a trans AM driver on this forum maybe you have a good sense of humour or I could explain in many words but nah I think the most adequate reponse to you is definitely FU.

I have always liked the Ms but have been extremely happy with my AMG. I have considered buying the E92 but did not get the approval on YD II S.O.
      08-11-2009, 12:06 AM   #28
oneginee
Banned

Drives: GT3 RS

Metak
Yes put in that way you have a point. But the OP wrote M3 still #1 I must have missed the "IMO" in the thread title - or was it added later - it's not in the text. anyway i am not debating if it is #1 or isn't just that this is emptytalk as an isolated statement without subjective or objective reasons stated. This thread belongs under "I saved some money on my car insurrance" IYKWIM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Metak View Post
It's #1 in his book, not performance wise, or on paper. Why is that so hard to understand? Assuming you drive the SL55 in your sig, you picked a car that is slower than our M3, or equals the performance of the E46 M3(not even taking handling into considerstion). You of all people should understand how someone can 'prefer' one car over another even though it's not as 'fast'.
      08-11-2009, 12:13 AM   #29
bdkevoIX
Captain

Drives: 06 Evo IX Mr

Since when 420hp e92 M3 was on par with SL55 AMG on performance? E46 M3 with 333hp? You've gotta be joking right?
      08-11-2009, 12:22 AM   #30
330CIZHP
Major

Drives: BMW 330 CI ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdkevoIX View Post
Since when 420hp e92 M3 was on par with SL55 AMG on performance? E46 M3 with 333hp? You've gotta be joking right?
Because it officially weighs 4500 lbs.
330CIZHP is offline   Canada
      08-11-2009, 12:53 AM   #31
Mr.Metak2you
Brigadier General

Drives: LEXUS LS(DailyDriver)
Location: Astral Projecting: ∞ 23.516 -122 02.625 0242.101 ĕv'rē-hwr'

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdkevoIX View Post
I assume you are talking to me. I never said it was on par I was said it was faster than the SL55 AMG. Stock for stock, that is a fact. Now if we are talking Sl63 black, that is a sub 4 sec car and an entirely different story. Let me digress a bit, I really like the SL55 AMG, I think it is a gorgeous car and fast enough. I was just pointing out that performance isn't the end all in choosing a 'performance' car, especially when we are splitting tenths of a second in performance.
      08-11-2009, 02:56 AM   #32
Koroush
Lieutenant

Drives: nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC///M3 View Post

M3 in a few months..... one day koenigsegg CCX....
      08-11-2009, 05:36 AM   #33
drivendriver
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2010 E83 X3

Quote:

Since we're talking about future purchases ...

At some point I have to have an Aston Martin. But I was very disappointed to learn that the V12 Vantage is not coming to the US (not that I could buy one now ).

Otherwise, I can understand the OP. I briefly considered the GTR, but it just doesn't stir my soul. And at this point in my life, I really wanted a car with 4 adult seats.
      08-11-2009, 05:46 AM   #34
Donbona
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: E93 M3 DCT 2008

I was considering the Nissan which is an animal, but at the end of the day.. its a "NISSAN"...
Every morning I wake up and look forward to driving my E93...Apparently mine is the most powerful non turbo/supercharged in the country dyno at 460.1bhp (flywheel). Thanks to Evolve doing a little something something to my car.
But come on... you have to say the M3 is a stunning car compared to the NISSAN.
M3 E93 DCT, Space Grey,BC HB29 Forged Deep Concave Wheels, Ericsson Amuse F/R Bumper, Evolve Full Exhaust System, INTRAX Coilovers, STOPTECH BBK, Performance Steering Wheel,Custom Red/Black Leather Seats,Evolve Supercharger ///M3 ||Bimmerpost M3 Car Of The Month May - 2010SOLD
2010 R35 GTR
Donbona is offline   United Kingdom
      08-11-2009, 06:08 AM   #35
gr8000
Major

Drives: E92 M3 - DCT

Send a message via AIM to gr8000
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacbol View Post
There's actually a guy at my office who uses his Elise as a daily driver/commuter. Never spoken to him about it, but it must work out *okay* for him.

I don't think I could handle it.
A friend of mine also used his Elise to go to the office. This lasted for 2 weeks - and he is a hardcore Elise fan. Reasons he stoped have to do with practicality, eg difficult to get in & out, 100% attention needed on the shitty / bumpy roads here in Athens, hard suspension, no aircon making it impossible to use with ambient temps in excess of 25 Celcius, no power steering (= challenging to park in tight spaces), too noisy, the engine would heat up in stop & go trafic, clutch not soft - and the list goes on and on. Not to mention that it is dum to use the car as a daily driver especially in view of the risk of becoming totaled by the slightest impact (which can be expected in the streets where a lot of people drive recklessly).

Instead he now uses it during the weekends and at the track - which is exactly what this car is made for IMO.
gr8000 is offline   Greece
      08-11-2009, 06:12 AM   #36
Koroush
Lieutenant

Drives: nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donbona View Post
I was considering the Nissan which is an animal, but at the end of the day.. its a "NISSAN"...
Every morning I wake up and look forward to driving my E93...Apparently mine is the most powerful non turbo/supercharged in the country dyno at 460.1bhp (flywheel). Thanks to Evolve doing a little something something to my car.
But come on... you have to say the M3 is a stunning car compared to the NISSAN.

Eww NISSAN

08-11-2009, 07:16 AM   #37
Donbona
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: E93 M3 DCT 2008

Quote:
Eww NISSAN

M3 E93 DCT, Space Grey,BC HB29 Forged Deep Concave Wheels, Ericsson Amuse F/R Bumper, Evolve Full Exhaust System, INTRAX Coilovers, STOPTECH BBK, Performance Steering Wheel,Custom Red/Black Leather Seats,Evolve Supercharger ///M3 ||Bimmerpost M3 Car Of The Month May - 2010SOLD
2010 R35 GTR
Donbona is offline   United Kingdom
      08-11-2009, 07:44 AM   #38
dawgdog
Colonel

Drives: 2010 Porsche GT3RS

I've only seen one GTR in person and it was at the track. Unfortunately, the car was not being driven at the track, so I was only able to view it parked. My impression was this is a big ugly car. In matters of taste there is no disputing, but if I was to go with another brand I would be considering Porsche.
AW on Fox Red Extended, Alum trim, ZPP, ZTP, DCT, 19" wheels, Heated front seats, HD radio, Sat radio, I-pod & usb, Premium sound, AP racing BBK, 18 Volk Racing TE 37s, Akrapovic Evolution exhaust, AST suspension
      08-11-2009, 08:20 AM   #39
gr8000
Major

Drives: E92 M3 - DCT

Send a message via AIM to gr8000
I've seen 3 GTRs here. I didn't like them on the outside. Can't say the GTR is ugly but the looks turn me off.

If its price was half than what it is I might consider getting it (in addition to the M3), but being 10% more expensive than the M3? No way hose - not even as a 3rd car and even if money was not an issue.
gr8000 is offline   Greece
      08-11-2009, 08:23 AM   #40
Nawaaz
Brigadier General

Quote:

hahaha......Right on!

Actually, I have a bad habit of tending to become over-confident. That's why I try to stay as 'modest' as possible...hehehe
      08-11-2009, 08:29 AM   #41
Nawaaz
Brigadier General

Quote:
Eww NISSAN

hahaha...No way man!

That's what I thought at the start, but the GT-R is truly a BRILLIANT machine that has car enthusiasts all over in total AWE.

Also, its looks may not be for everyone.......But everyone will STARE when it passes by.

And you're right, it's a 'NISSAN'.....And that's probably why its price is much lower compared to other super cars that have similar performance.....Or even less.

Last edited by Nawaaz; 08-11-2009 at 08:53 AM.
      08-11-2009, 08:48 AM   #42
MJC///M3
Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawaaz View Post
hahaha......Right on!

Actually, I have a bad habit of tending to become over-confident. That's why I try to stay as 'modest' as possible...hehehe
nothing wrong with being confident...its when confidence leads to cockiness that you will find yourself in trouble.

ok..thats enough of me thread jacking..

back to the cars!
"You will get there, but it is up to you and you alone. It is what you are willing to do, and how you are willing to get there. You must be relentless, you must be tireless, you must pursue at all costs, so that you are ready, when the time is right." -Dad
      08-11-2009, 08:54 AM   #43
Nawaaz
Brigadier General

^
      08-11-2009, 09:03 AM   #44
MJC///M3
Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivendriver View Post
Since we're talking about future purchases ...

At some point I have to have an Aston Martin. But I was very disappointed to learn that the V12 Vantage is not coming to the US (not that I could buy one now ).

Otherwise, I can understand the OP. I briefly considered the GTR, but it just doesn't stir my soul. And at this point in my life, I really wanted a car with 4 adult seats.
Def kudos on the AM bro, they are sick cars...I rode in one once and I was

To stay on topic with the OP, at this stage of my life; the M3 is the best car for me....just turned 25 and am single. Aside from the fact I have always wanted an M3, the E92 was exactly what I was looking for, a car that is fast, fun, classy, and delivers non-stop thrills. IMO no other car has the complete package like the M has, family members/friends all beg to ride in the car, because it really is a fun car to drive...(I think they also like the attention it gets on the road) hehe. There will always be a faster/more expensive/better car out there...but I am very proud to own the M3, its an awesome car and I couldn't be any happier.
Closed Thread