BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

E92-lighting

05-21-2013, 11:33 AM   #1
Imran@Evolve
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: E60 M5, E92 M3, E46 M3

Send a message via Skype™ to Imran@Evolve
Evolve Supercharger Fitted to Frozen Grey E92 Comp Pack Coupe

We recently finished this install for a customer.

Car features the Evolve E9X M3 Supercharger kit running 6.7 PSI. Dyno graph to follow once it has run in.

Other modifications include:

Evolve E Tronic Full Exhaust
AP BBK all round
Intrax Suspension

Imran@Evolve is offline   United Kingdom
      05-21-2013, 11:37 AM   #2
MisterEm
Private First Class

Drives: beater

Best looking manifold by far.

Cannot wait to see what this rotrex can do.
      05-21-2013, 11:42 AM   #3
Tim B.
Lieutenant

Drives: 2010 Jet Black E92 M3

Very nice job!
      05-21-2013, 12:01 PM   #4
ROB_S2K
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2014 Grand Cherokee SRT8

Great looking kit.

(2012 | Laguna Seca Blue | Rust Brown | Individual | 6MT) SOLD
ROB_S2K is offline   United_States
      05-21-2013, 12:11 PM   #5
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello

Drives: 1999 528I

Garage List
stunning.. great work Evolve Team!
      05-21-2013, 12:15 PM   #6
whats77inaname
Banned

Drives: when at all possible

I *love* the tie in of the gill turn signals to the (looks like) anodized brake calipers to the colored center portion of the manifold. I like the 1M take off of the front bumper cover, too! VERY clean.

That exposed air intake on the front left side, though....not a big fan. I take it there was no way to recess it farther back into the bumper and channel air up there some way?
whats77inaname is offline   United_States
      05-21-2013, 12:21 PM   #7
tmntmn
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: e92 M3/M-DCT

very clean
MODS: MODECARBON V2 GTS FRONT LIP & REAR DIFFUSER, AA GREEN FILTER, RPI SCOOPS, PSW, Verstraβe Extended DCT Shifter, ZCP WHEELS (SEMI-GLOSS), OHLINS R&T, Megan Exhaust, ACM TP, BMW LED INTERIOR, BLACKOUT W/ORION V4 LED AE, OSRAM CBI
tmntmn is offline   United_States
      05-21-2013, 12:49 PM   #8
flipm3
E46 + E90

Drives: E46 M3 + E90 M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
Amazing work guys! The whole kit just looks right at home in the engine bay. Great to finally see more of these kits being installed, up, and running!

Keep us posted on more dyno graphs, data collection, and performance times!
      05-21-2013, 02:10 PM   #9
Orange fever
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: E46M,E90M,X5M,135I

Hmmm. Its a Vegas car

X5M E70 Black Sapphire Metallic,VF Engineering Hex Flash Software,Vorsteiner-FrontSpoiler/RearDiffuser
/ 2011 135i/E82 N55 Aw (stock)
Orange fever is offline   Thailand
      05-21-2013, 03:37 PM   #10
F16RCE
Private

Drives: e92 M3 DCT

Ok so as the owner of the car here are my first thoughts....

Before i start for those of you who don’t know me i am quite an apprehensive type of guy that likes to worry needlessly and needs some convincing before i part with my hard earned pittance! I only wish i had access to Bruno’s petty cash tin as that would make life so much easier!! So yesterday was the day I collected my E92 M3 from Evolve with a new Evolve Supercharger and E-tronic Exhaust fitted.... In usual form once i received confirmation that the car was ready i started preparing for the worst and to be disappointed. This isn’t anything to do with Evolve or anything they did or said. It’s just me!

Upon arriving at Evolve i was really pleased with the way the exhaust was sitting, protruding nicely from the diffuser... This was always one of my annoyances with the Akrapovic where the tips were always hidden by the diffuser. I opened the bonnet and was really pleased with the tidy supercharge install. Was also really pleased with the new dials in the centre console. A big shout out to John for doing such a fantastic job...

So far so good!!!!

I then asked Imran to take me for a drive to show me how the car felt.. He advised me in advance that the car had not yet been driven since the map was applied and the car would need time to fully adapt.... For those of you who have never sat in a car with Imran driving i can assure you he can drive!!!!! M first reaction was WOW, OMG, WTF, Jesus Christ this car is brutal!!!! What hits you first is the noise generated by the e-tronic. The car now sounds like a mix between a Nascar and a F1 car. Its mega loud and ear piercing and can be heard a long way away! I absolutely love it!!!! Really adds to the driving experience. The next thing to hit me was the rate at which the car accelerates. 100MPH flashes up in an instance now. The car just pulls so fast and hard it’s unbelievable..... The more Imran drove the car the quicker it seemed to get, must be due to car adapting to the new map. What really impressed me also was the traction.. I expected the car to struggle with traction in lower gears and on full throttle but this definitely is not an issue. Imran also mentioned he was really impressed at how well the car was gripping. We put this down to a combination of the way the power was being delivered and the Michelin Super Sports Tyres. After 30mins with Imran at the wheel i was totally sold on the charger and exhaust and was very pleased..

On the way home I was amazed at how the car felt totally OEM and very smooth. Car idles normally and behaves the same as it always did. As I drove the car I really noticed how much more responsive it was. Just a little bit of gas and the car is raring to go. In fact best way to describe it is the car feels so effortless now. Once you give the car some serious gas it is nothing short of brutal. The acceleration is immense and you find yourself gripping the steering wheel with both hands. As the car changes gear the car just pounces forward and just keeps going. The acceleration is relentless! When you drop gears the car feels really good too. Only thing you have to be careful of is that you don’t drop down at too high a rev range as the car needs to adjust to the additional power it now has.

Now the big question i always had was how does the supercharger and increased BHP translate in the real world. Is it just a numbers game or will the car really put down a much better performance than before. Well things couldn’t have been any better on way home as i was accompanied by my good buddy Vic who many of you know from the forum and meets. He has the SS11 E92 M3 with Akrapovic system and Evolve stage 2 remap. Over the course of the last 12 months we have raced each other many times and we have always been neck and neck. So the stage was set!!!! So we both slowed down to around 40MPH and dropped into third gear and then accelerated fully..... By the time i had changed into 4th gear i would say i was 6-7 car lengths ahead of Vic... Once i accelerated in 4th gear i was just pulling away and the gap was growing significantly. We then repeated the same in 4th gear from about 50MPH, this time the cars stayed neck and neck until i hit 7000 rpm and then i overtook him and went passed. Once in 5th gear i just pulled away and again put a significant distance between us which just continued to grow the longer i went on. So in summary the charger really does give you a massive increase in performance in the real world.

In summary last night i was like a little kid who had just received the best Xmas present in the whole world.. I am really pleased with the outcome and cannot wait to spend more time driving the car and getting to learn how to best handle it. I am due to go back to Evolve in a couple of weeks to have the car dyno’d so we can see what BHP it is making. Providing the conversion remains problem free it will be the best mod i have ever done and would highly recommend it to everyone. I will take some pics and post up more thoughts over the next few days, I just wanted to share something with you guys for now!

Big thanks to Imran, Riz and Sal for getting this sorted for me!

Thanks for reading

M
F16RCE is offline   United Kingdom
      05-21-2013, 03:46 PM   #11
F16RCE
Private

Imran loving the pics!
      05-21-2013, 03:46 PM   #12
THE-FN-MAN
Captain

Drives: E92 M3 x2

Outstanding review man, can't wait to see some vids! Be safe
      05-21-2013, 03:58 PM   #13
SYZ
Lieutenant

Drives: :O

Garage List
congrats man!
      05-21-2013, 04:02 PM   #14
///Matthew
Major

Drives: 2013 M3, 1999 M3

Very nice, looks great!

2013 Santorini Blue M3
1999 Estoril Blue M3
mfatuation.com
      05-21-2013, 04:05 PM   #15
Longboarder
Brigadier General

Drives: 2013 e92 M3

Garage List
2013 e92 M3  [4.93]
2011 997.2 Turbo S  [4.75]
2013 WRX STi  [4.00]
2013 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by F16RCE View Post
So the stage was set!!!! So we both slowed down to around 40MPH and dropped into third gear and then accelerated fully..... By the time i had changed into 4th gear i would say i was 6-7 car lengths ahead of Vic... Once i accelerated in 4th gear i was just pulling away and the gap was growing significantly. We then repeated the same in 4th gear from about 50MPH, this time the cars stayed neck and neck until i hit 7000 rpm and then i overtook him and went passed. Once in 5th gear i just pulled away and again put a significant distance between us which just continued to grow the longer i went on.
Congrats. But curious did both cars start in 3rd gear at 40mph and 4th gear start at 50mph...or did you start in those gears with the N/A M3 starting in 2nd gear?

Going from 2nd gear at 50mph is a blast if you can keep the car from spinning.
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
      05-21-2013, 04:08 PM   #16
whats77inaname
Banned

Drives: when at all possible

Quote:
I am due to go back to Evolve in a couple of weeks to have the car dyno’d so we can see what BHP it is making.
M
Excellent.
whats77inaname is offline   United_States
      05-21-2013, 04:09 PM   #17
Imran@Evolve

Quote:
Imran loving the pics!
Thanks man. Looking forward to seeing what it does on the dyno when you come back. Maybe we should go to a Dynojet and take the Evolve M3 too
      05-21-2013, 04:12 PM   #18
F16RCE
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imran@Evolve View Post
Thanks man. Looking forward to seeing what it does on the dyno when you come back. Maybe we should go to a Dynojet and take the Evolve M3 too
lol... Think you just gave this thread the kiss of death! Popcorn at the ready!
      05-21-2013, 04:13 PM   #19
Imran@Evolve

Quote:
lol... Think you just gave this thread the kiss of death! Popcorn at the ready!
Don't worry we will take Kostas with us too.
      05-21-2013, 04:31 PM   #20
IMG
VT3

Drives: E36 M3 Track car,Ess E90 M3 DD

Looks awesome !

Ess VT3 LC built motor,Volk TE37SL,Euro taillights,Dinan Xpipe,Custom Headers,Akra axle back CF tips,ModeCarbon FR lip,BMW CF wing
LOW BOOST 60-130 6.7 sec
      05-21-2013, 05:54 PM   #21
aus
Major General

Drives: Odysse

What's the US pricing of a kit?
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
      05-22-2013, 05:50 AM   #22
Imran@Evolve

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
What's the US pricing of a kit?
Retail is $16500.