BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications
 
Heel & Toe Apparel
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-03-2010, 10:50 PM   #925
m33
Banned
m33's Avatar
United_States
72
Rep
2,697
Posts

Drives: E92 VT650 MCB Individual
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: CT

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by per View Post
I did get the final dynonumbers when i picked up the car today.
highest whp=595 or 698 crank
I will participate in the m5boardevent on Saturday, 11 cars from Russia will be there together with a lot of other cars as the only 4 wheel drive Porsche gt2 with 1000hp, the new ferrari, mm
The car is amazing tto drive, i have to do something about the exhaust it is very loud, i am afraid someone is going to get a heart attack when i pass by
Dude I so can't wait to see the videos of you running these super cars and I know for a fact that your going to do damage !!!
I'm in the works of getting my upgrade !!
I love ESS I got such a hard on it's like moving on from one hot girl to the next it just keeps getting exciting .......
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2010, 10:58 PM   #926
m33
Banned
m33's Avatar
United_States
72
Rep
2,697
Posts

Drives: E92 VT650 MCB Individual
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: CT

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglare View Post
+1 Agreed! I'm with you and need to try it out, but the gas is so bad in AZ it will be hard to keep up the octane level.

Glad to see the boost posted with the graphs as well.
Dude get the upgrade and buy a big ass container and fill it with race fuel and mix it with the 91 only enough to get you a 94 result and your golden !!
I would do that as dumb as it sounds

Last edited by m33; 06-03-2010 at 11:14 PM.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2010, 12:30 AM   #927
808E90
808E90
808E90's Avatar
United_States
120
Rep
4,019
Posts

Drives: E90 ///M
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Aloha State

iTrader: (21)

Quote:
Originally Posted by per View Post
i have to do something about the exhaust it is very loud, i am afraid someone is going to get a heart attack when i pass by
What system are you running? RPI X-pipe with what type of muffler?
__________________
LTMW FTL . Karbonwerks LCI Trunk . Vorsteiner Poly Front Lip . NA Motorsports LUX H8 . RECARO Pole Position Seats . BMW Performance Pedals . BMW Performance Performance Grills . BMW Painted Fender Grills . BBS 19x9.5 19x11 LMs . Michelin PS2 265/295 . H&R Sport Springs . Wheel Mate 45/55MM Stud Kit . BBS Red Lug Nuts . ESS VT1 Supercharger . Akrapovic GT4 Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2010, 12:46 AM   #928
LV-E92M3
Lieutenant
LV-E92M3's Avatar
Afghanistan
7
Rep
508
Posts

Drives: Donkey
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: كابول‎

iTrader: (1)

that's crazy.. only from the pump gas? I wish that I can purchase 93 ocatain in here.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2010, 12:50 AM   #929
808E90
808E90
808E90's Avatar
United_States
120
Rep
4,019
Posts

Drives: E90 ///M
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Aloha State

iTrader: (21)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PencilGeek View Post
Wow ... It's that loud?

Robert are you still running your Ericsson/RD Pipes? Cats? Resonators?
__________________
LTMW FTL . Karbonwerks LCI Trunk . Vorsteiner Poly Front Lip . NA Motorsports LUX H8 . RECARO Pole Position Seats . BMW Performance Pedals . BMW Performance Performance Grills . BMW Painted Fender Grills . BBS 19x9.5 19x11 LMs . Michelin PS2 265/295 . H&R Sport Springs . Wheel Mate 45/55MM Stud Kit . BBS Red Lug Nuts . ESS VT1 Supercharger . Akrapovic GT4 Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2010, 01:05 AM   #930
m33
Banned
m33's Avatar
United_States
72
Rep
2,697
Posts

Drives: E92 VT650 MCB Individual
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: CT

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PencilGeek View Post
update the dyno the man put down 594whp
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2010, 02:45 AM   #931
Bob MG
Moderating
Bob MG's Avatar
United Arab Emirates
216
Rep
2,025
Posts

Drives: like a muppet
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Dubai

iTrader: (0)

[quote=per;7434242]I did get the final dynonumbers when i picked up the car today.
highest whp=595 or 698 crank
I will participate in the m5boardevent on Saturday, 11 cars from Russia will be there together with a lot of other cars as the only 4 wheel%2

Last edited by Bob MG; 06-04-2010 at 11:12 AM.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2010, 08:12 PM   #932
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
southlight's Avatar
948
Rep
6,747
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

I unapproved all posts following Bob's comment. This thread is only about the ESS kit and about nothing else, just like there's no place for the ESS kit in Drew's thread.

Questions and requests to move one of the deleted comments to another thread via PM, please. Thanks!


Best regards,
south
__________________
Those forums...WHY NOT?


JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2010, 08:26 PM   #933
sales@ESSTuning
sales@ESSTuning's Avatar
224
Rep
3,154
Posts

Drives: ESS M3 / M4
Join Date: May 2007
Location: AZ

iTrader: (6)

Here are Per's numbers SAE and STD corrected.



Appreciate 0
      06-05-2010, 02:53 AM   #934
Bob MG
Moderating
Bob MG's Avatar
United Arab Emirates
216
Rep
2,025
Posts

Drives: like a muppet
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Dubai

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PencilGeek View Post
RD Headers, catless, full Ericsson exhaust. We cut 40mm from the header collector and welded a diamond flange to it. It then mated perfectly to the Ericsson exhaust.
do the headers make a big power gain?
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2010, 02:56 AM   #935
Bob MG
Moderating
Bob MG's Avatar
United Arab Emirates
216
Rep
2,025
Posts

Drives: like a muppet
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Dubai

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by southlight View Post
I unapproved all posts following Bob's comment. This thread is only about the ESS kit and about nothing else, just like there's no place for the ESS kit in Drew's thread.

Questions and requests to move one of the deleted comments to another thread via PM, please. Thanks!


Best regards,
south
Sorry, I was trying to keep the question a general one since the RGM supercharger kit boosts at 7, 5PSI and I am making the same whp with 5, 8PSI.

So the Q made some relevance to how much whp gain per lb of boost.

Maybe we can have a separate thread started asking all SC people to chime in with their thoughts, since there are pros and cons with running a low boost vs high boost set up, and I believe there must be a curve of diminishing returns much like Economics 101

Also the higher boost kits woud naturally need larger fuel injectors, as ESS has again increased the size of theirs for the 625/7,5PSI kits.

I would be interested to know more, seems like a good topic to me
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2010, 10:57 AM   #936
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
southlight's Avatar
948
Rep
6,747
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob MG View Post
Sorry, I was trying to keep the question a general one since the RGM supercharger kit boosts at 7, 5PSI and I am making the same whp with 5, 8PSI.

So the Q made some relevance to how much whp gain per lb of boost.

Maybe we can have a separate thread started asking all SC people to chime in with their thoughts, since there are pros and cons with running a low boost vs high boost set up, and I believe there must be a curve of diminishing returns much like Economics 101

Also the higher boost kits woud naturally need larger fuel injectors, as ESS has again increased the size of theirs for the 625/7,5PSI kits.

I would be interested to know more, seems like a good topic to me
You didn't mention RGM but Drew's figures in your earlier post.

Anyway, all of this is off topic in this thread. As to a separate thread, you're free to start one. However, chances are high it's not worth the effort as this topic most certainly causes a drama and the related thread thus would get deleted sooner or later.


Best regards,
south
__________________
Those forums...WHY NOT?


JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2010, 05:49 PM   #937
per
Lieutenant
Sweden
28
Rep
507
Posts

Drives: M3 E92
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Sweden Gothenburg

iTrader: (0)

just came home from the first day of the m5boardevent, raced a lot of cars, tuned m5s, ferarri f40, meth 335s, was easy wins, was even with a 700+ audi rs6, and a noell stroked m6, i lost against 2 tuned porsche turbo and a gtr p850+ switzer with 5-6 clsr, same car who raced a veyron on youtube.
I will post some links to videos as they are being published.
I was surpriced with the 2 stock gtrs, one was a easy win , but the other one i missed the start with a few meters and it took me almost to 240km/h until i passed him, the start is realy important in races like this , you have to watch for false starts 2-3 meter is enough to get some extra km/h who makes a big differnce if the races are even
__________________
M3 E92 ESS VT-625
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2010, 06:01 PM   #938
LV-E92M3
Lieutenant
LV-E92M3's Avatar
Afghanistan
7
Rep
508
Posts

Drives: Donkey
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: كابول‎

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by per View Post
just came home from the first day of the m5boardevent, raced a lot of cars, tuned m5s, ferarri f40, meth 335s, was easy wins, was even with a 700+ audi rs6, and a noell stroked m6, i lost against 2 tuned porsche turbo and a gtr p850+ switzer with 5-6 clsr, same car who raced a veyron on youtube.
I will post some links to videos as they are being published.
I was surpriced with the 2 stock gtrs, one was a easy win , but the other one i missed the start with a few meters and it took me almost to 240km/h until i passed him, the start is realy important in races like this , you have to watch for false starts 2-3 meter is enough to get some extra km/h who makes a big differnce if the races are even
Very nice! can't wait to see the videos nice job
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2010, 06:11 PM   #939
m33
Banned
m33's Avatar
United_States
72
Rep
2,697
Posts

Drives: E92 VT650 MCB Individual
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: CT

iTrader: (5)

sweet cant wait to see the video's
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2010, 07:22 PM   #940
A-Man
Captain
A-Man's Avatar
South Africa
10
Rep
978
Posts

Drives: e92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Cape Town, South Africa

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by per View Post
just came home from the first day of the m5boardevent, raced a lot of cars, tuned m5s, ferarri f40, meth 335s, was easy wins, was even with a 700+ audi rs6, and a noell stroked m6, i lost against 2 tuned porsche turbo and a gtr p850+ switzer with 5-6 clsr, same car who raced a veyron on youtube.
impressive.. well done
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2010, 08:45 PM   #941
Filin M3
New Member
0
Rep
18
Posts

Drives: M3 E90 ESS 600+ HP
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Moscow

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by per View Post
just came home from the first day of the m5boardevent, raced a lot of cars, tuned m5s, ferarri f40, meth 335s, was easy wins, was even with a 700+ audi rs6, and a noell stroked m6, i lost against 2 tuned porsche turbo and a gtr p850+ switzer with 5-6 clsr, same car who raced a veyron on youtube.I will post some links to videos as they are being published.
I was surpriced with the 2 stock gtrs, one was a easy win , but the other one i missed the start with a few meters and it took me almost to 240km/h until i passed him, the start is realy important in races like this , you have to watch for false starts 2-3 meter is enough to get some extra km/h who makes a big differnce if the races are even
Just saw your video on russian bmwclub...

Sorry to tell you, but I beat this RS6 every time by at least 5-7 car lengths from 50 to 270 (see recent video on dragtimes.info) and the same for stroked M6...Was even with one of the tuned porshe (which passed you in the video)...

So... Think over... Maybe the difference is DCT over manual? Or some mistakes.

This is my run against this blue RS6 5 days ago... And also the runs against much-much faster RS6

http://www.dragtimes.info/forum/showthread.php?t=895
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2010, 10:08 PM   #942
m33
Banned
m33's Avatar
United_States
72
Rep
2,697
Posts

Drives: E92 VT650 MCB Individual
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: CT

iTrader: (5)

Got a link tO the video ?
And you should check to make sure the mani is in tack with the boots , I had 3 boost leaks there , in time from boosten they can loosen and leak .
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2010, 10:14 PM   #943
808E90
808E90
808E90's Avatar
United_States
120
Rep
4,019
Posts

Drives: E90 ///M
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Aloha State

iTrader: (21)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m33 View Post
Got a link tO the video ?
And you should check to make sure the mani is in tack with the boots , I had 3 boost leaks there , in time from boosten they can loosen and leak .
Was it from your runners?
__________________
LTMW FTL . Karbonwerks LCI Trunk . Vorsteiner Poly Front Lip . NA Motorsports LUX H8 . RECARO Pole Position Seats . BMW Performance Pedals . BMW Performance Performance Grills . BMW Painted Fender Grills . BBS 19x9.5 19x11 LMs . Michelin PS2 265/295 . H&R Sport Springs . Wheel Mate 45/55MM Stud Kit . BBS Red Lug Nuts . ESS VT1 Supercharger . Akrapovic GT4 Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2010, 10:19 PM   #944
m33
Banned
m33's Avatar
United_States
72
Rep
2,697
Posts

Drives: E92 VT650 MCB Individual
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: CT

iTrader: (5)

Yup
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2010, 10:20 PM   #945
m33
Banned
m33's Avatar
United_States
72
Rep
2,697
Posts

Drives: E92 VT650 MCB Individual
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: CT

iTrader: (5)

The smallest leak can cost you 2 psi at high rpm .
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2010, 10:24 PM   #946
sales@ESSTuning
sales@ESSTuning's Avatar
224
Rep
3,154
Posts

Drives: ESS M3 / M4
Join Date: May 2007
Location: AZ

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filin M3 View Post
Just saw your video on russian bmwclub...

Sorry to tell you, but I beat this RS6 every time by at least 5-7 car lengths from 50 to 270 (see recent video on dragtimes.info) and the same for stroked M6...Was even with one of the tuned porshe (which passed you in the video)...

So... Think over... Maybe the difference is DCT over manual? Or some mistakes.

This is my run against this blue RS6 5 days ago... And also the runs against much-much faster RS6

http://www.dragtimes.info/forum/showthread.php?t=895
In straight line runs DCT will be faster than manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m33 View Post
Got a link tO the video ?
And you should check to make sure the mani is in tack with the boots , I had 3 boost leaks there , in time from boosten they can loosen and leak .
If installed correctly they will not loosen. If clamps are not secured properly the manifold can work itself loose over time. It is best to ensure proper fitting of the manifold during installation and to make sure the clamps are very secure as this is one of the only places you can leak boost.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:47 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST