BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-15-2009, 06:33 PM   #155
NewSong
Just another jerk in a hat...
 
NewSong's Avatar
 
Drives: 2005 Ford Focus
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Irvine

Posts: 1,468
iTrader: (0)

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
Correct, when cars are this evenly matched then the driver becomes the deciding factor in much the same way as the M3 vs RS4 or C63 will be, or the S4 vs 335i.

There is no denying that on pure numbers the ZR1 is one seriously impressive car. But I don't think anyone here would admit to preferring it to a true exotic like the SV, or GT2, it's the blue collar worker's champion in much the same way as the GTR.
I'm hesitant to call $80,000 and $100,000 cars "blue collar" champions, though I see what you're saying. I also prefer the ZR1 to the GT2, though I'd take all of the above over the GTR.
__________________
He brought me up also out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.

And he hath put a new song in my mouth.
NewSong is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-15-2009, 07:08 PM   #156
footie
Major General
 
footie's Avatar
 
Drives: ????????????
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: BMW M3 will get a V6TT

Posts: 7,507
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewSong View Post
I'm hesitant to call $80,000 and $100,000 cars "blue collar" champions, though I see what you're saying. I also prefer the ZR1 to the GT2, though I'd take all of the above over the GTR.
It's funny but the GTR is one car that actually does appeal to me. There's an import one in the area where I live (I think it's possibly the only one in Northern Ireland), lovely Steel Grey and though not the prettiest car there is something very appealing about it's looks, very aggressive and mean.

I think the sheer fact that is does what it does, even though it weighs so much more than all the other supercars and doesn't even have the same amount of power but still manages to whip their butt on the road or track does somehow make it better than all the rest in my opinion.

Though I know I will never own one I just love it for what it is.

Probably you feel the same way about the ZR1.
footie is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      08-15-2009, 07:16 PM   #157
Guibo
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives:
Join Date: Apr 2008

Posts: 280
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewSong View Post
This. The ZR1 will be slightly faster on paper, but when it comes down to it, it's a driver's race.
And thus there won't be any passing easily or closing gaps with zero effort for the ZR1 in a test where the driver(s) really go for it and are equally familiar with the course.
Guibo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-15-2009, 07:36 PM   #158
Sniz
Lieutenant General
 
Sniz's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ellicott City, MD

Posts: 10,569
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guibo View Post
And thus there won't be any passing easily or closing gaps with zero effort for the ZR1 in a test where the driver(s) really go for it and are equally familiar with the course.
those cars should be pretty equal I would think. Its a huge compliment to the GM performance crew and the ZR1 btw. Its a big accomplishment, now if they could only stop building every other car horribly.
__________________
Sniz is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-15-2009, 09:22 PM   #159
NewSong
Just another jerk in a hat...
 
NewSong's Avatar
 
Drives: 2005 Ford Focus
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Irvine

Posts: 1,468
iTrader: (0)

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
It's funny but the GTR is one car that actually does appeal to me. There's an import one in the area where I live (I think it's possibly the only one in Northern Ireland), lovely Steel Grey and though not the prettiest car there is something very appealing about it's looks, very aggressive and mean.

I think the sheer fact that is does what it does, even though it weighs so much more than all the other supercars and doesn't even have the same amount of power but still manages to whip their butt on the road or track does somehow make it better than all the rest in my opinion.

Though I know I will never own one I just love it for what it is.

Probably you feel the same way about the ZR1.
Yeah, I'm a big fan of the ZR1 because it slays other cars that cost 3-4 times more than it with ease. It's a true testament to American Engineering and what our auto industry is capable of producing when there is enough R&D invested into a product.

I'm not sure if I'll ever own a ZR1, I'm already in "hot" water with the wife for the cars I already do have, and with a 1 year old, and another kid on the way, I'll just admire it from afar for now.
__________________
He brought me up also out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.

And he hath put a new song in my mouth.
NewSong is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-16-2009, 05:40 PM   #160
305e92
Banned
 
Drives: AW 335i
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Miami/PR

Posts: 70
iTrader: (0)

IMHO this would have been a better comparo




VS


305e92 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-17-2009, 01:26 AM   #161
Sniz
Lieutenant General
 
Sniz's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ellicott City, MD

Posts: 10,569
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 305e92 View Post
IMHO this would have been a better comparo




VS


the acr is a beast of a car.....I think that is what you were trying to post. The Zr1 however is more of a beast. an ACR nearly killed me.......

If you meant to post the red X then I'll put my money the X over the lambo.
__________________
Sniz is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-17-2009, 10:19 AM   #162
305e92
Banned
 
Drives: AW 335i
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Miami/PR

Posts: 70
iTrader: (0)

Viper ACR Biatch!

305e92 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-17-2009, 01:39 PM   #163
footie
Major General
 
footie's Avatar
 
Drives: ????????????
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: BMW M3 will get a V6TT

Posts: 7,507
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 305e92 View Post
Viper ACR Biatch!

Barf
footie is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      08-17-2009, 01:53 PM   #164
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
 
KonigsTiger's Avatar
 
Drives: E92M3 RS46 Club Sport, others
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dweller

Posts: 4,398
iTrader: (0)

Wow!!!!!
__________________
==================================================
KonigsTiger is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-17-2009, 02:17 PM   #165
footie
Major General
 
footie's Avatar
 
Drives: ????????????
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: BMW M3 will get a V6TT

Posts: 7,507
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]


Forget about the Viper, this is the ultimate American icon.
footie is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:59 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST