BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest
 
Racewerkz Engineering
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-13-2010, 10:23 PM   #2707
ploo
lover of all things car
 
ploo's Avatar
 
Drives: AW '09 E92 M3, SG '09 X5
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: texas

Posts: 237
iTrader: (1)

on the subject of ducs...

saw this pretty little thing while having lunch at kent rathbun's blue plate kitchen sometime last month...
Attached Images
 
__________________
-phil | 2009 E92 M3 - AW/black/CF - 6MT and a silly grin every time i drive...
ploo is offline   Taiwan
0
Reply With Quote
      02-13-2010, 10:30 PM   #2708
DevJ
Colonel
 
DevJ's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 Cayman S/IS350/RRS
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tulsa, OK

Posts: 2,703
iTrader: (1)

That Ducati makes me
__________________
E92 M3. SOLD
New: '14 Cayman S PDK
Incoming: GT-R Black Edition
DevJ is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-15-2010, 12:08 AM   #2709
Blake
Banned
 
Drives: Chevy Aveo
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Parent's Basement

Posts: 4,651
iTrader: (7)

i just saw your posts on nagtroc nawaaz
Blake is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      02-15-2010, 12:14 AM   #2710
DevJ
Colonel
 
DevJ's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 Cayman S/IS350/RRS
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tulsa, OK

Posts: 2,703
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
i just saw your posts on nagtroc nawaaz
I saw those a few months ago when I was on that forum
__________________
E92 M3. SOLD
New: '14 Cayman S PDK
Incoming: GT-R Black Edition
DevJ is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-15-2010, 12:22 AM   #2711
DevJ
Colonel
 
DevJ's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 Cayman S/IS350/RRS
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tulsa, OK

Posts: 2,703
iTrader: (1)

Wait wat. I just went back over there and saw the thread where he wanted to trade in his M for a GTR?! I was talking about his posts back when he was buying his M3!
__________________
E92 M3. SOLD
New: '14 Cayman S PDK
Incoming: GT-R Black Edition
DevJ is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-15-2010, 12:36 AM   #2712
ghosthi32
Banned
 
Drives: Water camel
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: strait of hormuz

Posts: 2,516
iTrader: (0)

hahahah nawaaz is being sneaky
ghosthi32 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-15-2010, 12:40 AM   #2713
Blake
Banned
 
Drives: Chevy Aveo
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Parent's Basement

Posts: 4,651
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevJ View Post
Wait wat. I just went back over there and saw the thread where he wanted to trade in his M for a GTR?! I was talking about his posts back when he was buying his M3!
he later went on to say he was keeping it. maybe a little moderator thing kept him in the m3
Blake is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      02-15-2010, 01:06 AM   #2714
ghosthi32
Banned
 
Drives: Water camel
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: strait of hormuz

Posts: 2,516
iTrader: (0)

chemistry is kicking my ass. my teacher is terrible.
ghosthi32 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-15-2010, 01:10 AM   #2715
DevJ
Colonel
 
DevJ's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 Cayman S/IS350/RRS
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tulsa, OK

Posts: 2,703
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
he later went on to say he was keeping it. maybe a little moderator thing kept him in the m3
maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthi32 View Post
chemistry is kicking my ass. my teacher is terrible.
need help? What are you covering? Majoring in biochem and minoring in chem
__________________
E92 M3. SOLD
New: '14 Cayman S PDK
Incoming: GT-R Black Edition
DevJ is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-15-2010, 01:19 AM   #2716
Blake
Banned
 
Drives: Chevy Aveo
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Parent's Basement

Posts: 4,651
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevJ View Post
Majoring in biochem and minoring in chem
OYA WELL i'm a nuclear physicist
Blake is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      02-15-2010, 01:23 AM   #2717
ghosthi32
Banned
 
Drives: Water camel
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: strait of hormuz

Posts: 2,516
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevJ View Post
need help? What are you covering? Majoring in biochem and minoring in chem
its basic stuff molar mass, photons and electron shells. i pretty much screwed my self over for my test tomorrow. stupid work this weekend and my teacher doesn't go in depth about anything just reads from the book..ugh its whatever. my final will take place of my lowest exam grade.
ghosthi32 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-15-2010, 01:35 AM   #2718
Blake
Banned
 
Drives: Chevy Aveo
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Parent's Basement

Posts: 4,651
iTrader: (7)

fuck that shit.
Blake is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      02-15-2010, 01:47 AM   #2719
ghosthi32
Banned
 
Drives: Water camel
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: strait of hormuz

Posts: 2,516
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
fuck that shit.
lol
ghosthi32 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-15-2010, 01:59 AM   #2720
Blake
Banned
 
Drives: Chevy Aveo
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Parent's Basement

Posts: 4,651
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthi32 View Post
lol
i flew planes. fuck chemistry.
Blake is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      02-15-2010, 05:00 AM   #2721
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
 
Drives: .
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: .

Posts: 4,643
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
i just saw your posts on nagtroc nawaaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevJ View Post
I saw those a few months ago when I was on that forum
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevJ View Post
Wait wat. I just went back over there and saw the thread where he wanted to trade in his M for a GTR?! I was talking about his posts back when he was buying his M3!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthi32 View Post
hahahah nawaaz is being sneaky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
he later went on to say he was keeping it. maybe a little moderator thing kept him in the m3
hahahehe I was actually thinking about trading in my M3 recently.

Me becoming a moderator was part of the reason for me to keep it, but the the most important reason was that it would be smarter to stick with my M3 and not waste money .

I feel like it's not a wise move, especially since the economy is still not getting any better......And I'd hate to increase my payments.

Looks like I'm stuck with my M3 for good.
Nawaaz is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-15-2010, 11:21 AM   #2722
ploo
lover of all things car
 
ploo's Avatar
 
Drives: AW '09 E92 M3, SG '09 X5
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: texas

Posts: 237
iTrader: (1)

Nawaaz,

I thought about a GT-R for some time as well. But I'd only own one within the warranty period, and the maintenance costs are horrendous (full fluid changes, astronomical OEM rotor/pad costs, increased tire costs) compared to the M, and I plan on keeping this car for ~6-8 years. At that level of maintenance cost, I'd rather own a 997.1 GT3, frankly. But the allure of the GT-R is the sheer performance...very understandable. At the end of the day I realized the GT-R was a performance fantasy for me but not a realistic option for a daily driver. If you go drive one though, give me a call! I didn't go for any test drives...on purpose

Finally just a thought: IMHO youth is our time to maximize savings. To be truly wealthy down the road, one must make some smart financial decisions early during your career. Trading in a 1-2 year-old car is almost never a sound fiscal move...who knows, a bit of restraint now may well mean comfortably affording a weekend F-car 10 years down the line I was tempted to jump into a porsche but for this and a couple other reasons decided to bide my time and stay with an M. I need a GT3 ASAP
__________________
-phil | 2009 E92 M3 - AW/black/CF - 6MT and a silly grin every time i drive...
ploo is offline   Taiwan
0
Reply With Quote
      02-15-2010, 01:14 PM   #2723
Blake
Banned
 
Drives: Chevy Aveo
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Parent's Basement

Posts: 4,651
iTrader: (7)

moral of the story: if you don't want to be hopelessly addicted to a seriously fast car, never test drive a gt-r.
Blake is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      02-15-2010, 04:11 PM   #2724
thatarchitect
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 08 E92 M3 6MT & 2008 Yamaha R6
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Dallas, Texas

Posts: 264
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
moral of the story: if you don't want to be hopelessly addicted to a seriously fast car, never test drive a gt-r.
That's why God made sport bikes.
__________________
thatarchitect is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-15-2010, 05:16 PM   #2725
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
 
Drives: .
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: .

Posts: 4,643
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ploo View Post
Nawaaz,

I thought about a GT-R for some time as well. But I'd only own one within the warranty period, and the maintenance costs are horrendous (full fluid changes, astronomical OEM rotor/pad costs, increased tire costs) compared to the M, and I plan on keeping this car for ~6-8 years. At that level of maintenance cost, I'd rather own a 997.1 GT3, frankly. But the allure of the GT-R is the sheer performance...very understandable. At the end of the day I realized the GT-R was a performance fantasy for me but not a realistic option for a daily driver. If you go drive one though, give me a call! I didn't go for any test drives...on purpose

Finally just a thought: IMHO youth is our time to maximize savings. To be truly wealthy down the road, one must make some smart financial decisions early during your career. Trading in a 1-2 year-old car is almost never a sound fiscal move...who knows, a bit of restraint now may well mean comfortably affording a weekend F-car 10 years down the line I was tempted to jump into a porsche but for this and a couple other reasons decided to bide my time and stay with an M. I need a GT3 ASAP
You're absolutely correct on your thought.

It's all about savings & investment, most especially during the early stages of one's career.

It takes a lot of patience and perseverance in order to follow through when accomplishing any goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
moral of the story: if you don't want to be hopelessly addicted to a seriously fast car, never test drive a gt-r.
Whew, good thing I didn't go for a test drive then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatarchitect View Post
That's why God made sport bikes.
Nawaaz is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-15-2010, 05:55 PM   #2726
Blake
Banned
 
Drives: Chevy Aveo
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Parent's Basement

Posts: 4,651
iTrader: (7)

well friends, i just put a deposit on my buddy's gt-r. it's a 09 black/black with 2600 miles that already has the limited edition HKS titanium exhaust and a few other mods. it won't be home until sometime next month after i settle up with obama. car is practically new and i've driven it so it's all gravy...plus i'm saving a ton of money.
Attached Images
    
Blake is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      02-15-2010, 06:10 PM   #2727
JC919
Lieutenant Colonel
 
JC919's Avatar
 
Drives: CSL
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland

Posts: 1,799
iTrader: (0)

^Big congrats on the Datsun purchase, how much hp is that thing currently at? Oh and you finally sell your M3?
__________________

2003 CSL, SG, Alcon BBK
2002 M5, SSII/Blk and bone stock. In storage back home in TX
2008 M3, AW/Blk 6MT, Akrapovic Evolution, Evosport Pulley, ESS Tune, Michelin PSS/Hoosier, other track stuff SOLD
JC919 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-15-2010, 06:25 PM   #2728
Blake
Banned
 
Drives: Chevy Aveo
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Parent's Basement

Posts: 4,651
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC919 View Post
^Big congrats on the Datsun purchase, how much hp is that thing currently at? Oh and you finally sell your M3?
haven't sold the m3 yet, but the datsun only has minimal mods. maybe throw on 30 or so whp with exhaust and catless midpipes, but i plan to throw on the hks gt600 kit with a tune when i get everything squared away. expecting upwards of 550whp with all that.

i'm going to lower my asking price on the m3 and just get rid of it as soon as i can. i can pay for both cars, but don't want to, but going to have to because of my impatience.
Blake is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:59 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST