BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery
 
Stick to Clutch
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-30-2009, 12:28 AM   #1
frankzlin79
Lieutenant Colonel
 
frankzlin79's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Nissan GT-R
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Houston, Texas

Posts: 1,618
iTrader: (5)

VIDEO: Tlud's Dinan Exhaust - Driving in the Street and Freeway

Sorry it took so long. It almost finished uploading and then I got a connection error and had to start all over.

frankzlin79 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-30-2009, 02:04 AM   #2
e90BlkM3
New Member
 
Drives: bmw
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sacramento

Posts: 7
iTrader: (0)

Nice Vid,
but i think stock sound better ....
e90BlkM3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-30-2009, 09:38 AM   #3
greenie
Private
 
Drives: 2013 650i x-drive m-sport coup
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Jenkintown, Pa

Posts: 64
iTrader: (0)

Nice job. I must say, to me, it sounds much better than stock. Shows how subjective sound can be!!! The stock system sounds more like a Euro V8 while the Dinan system is starting to mirror the American V8 sound. Give me the old pushrod V8!!!!!!!!!!!
greenie is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-30-2009, 10:02 AM   #4
Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.
 
Singletrack's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 12 AW X5d
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Posts: 3,791
iTrader: (3)

Sounds good - definitely no drone. I wish someone would do this for all the exhausts : )
Singletrack is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-30-2009, 10:04 AM   #5
TLud
Colonel
 
TLud's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 Golf R
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Texas

Posts: 2,280
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenie View Post
Nice job. I must say, to me, it sounds much better than stock. Shows how subjective sound can be!!! The stock system sounds more like a Euro V8 while the Dinan system is starting to mirror the American V8 sound. Give me the old pushrod V8!!!!!!!!!!!
That's the great thing about this car, it can really go either way. Some aftermarket exhausts give you a smoother, higher pitched "European" sound, while others give you more of the muscular American V8 sound. The Dinan definitely leans toward the latter. The great thing about the Dinan exhaust is that it gives you improved tone and more sound outside (or with the windows rolled down), but doesn't compromise the quiet cabin that you get with the stock exhaust. Pretty much the best of both worlds in terms of sound.
__________________
'09 Interlagos Blue E92 M3 (sold to a good home)
TLud is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-30-2009, 10:23 AM   #6
greenie
Private
 
Drives: 2013 650i x-drive m-sport coup
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Jenkintown, Pa

Posts: 64
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLud View Post
That's the great thing about this car, it can really go either way. Some aftermarket exhausts give you a smoother, higher pitched "European" sound, while others give you more of the muscular American V8 sound. The Dinan definitely leans toward the latter. The great thing about the Dinan exhaust is that it gives you improved tone and more sound outside (or with the windows rolled down), but doesn't compromise the quiet cabin that you get with the stock exhaust. Pretty much the best of both worlds in terms of sound.
This is an important thread for me `cause Im leaning towards the B&B or the Magnaflow to get the "American" sound. If Dinan performs the way to say it does, OH BOY!!!!!!
greenie is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-30-2009, 10:42 AM   #7
frankzlin79
Lieutenant Colonel
 
frankzlin79's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Nissan GT-R
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Houston, Texas

Posts: 1,618
iTrader: (5)

I think Dinan, like the AA, still sounds very Euro. If you watch the Dinan vs. AA video, the two sound very similar from the outside. High-pitched, especially in the higher RPMS.


greenie: If you are looking for the American sound, then you need to go with Magnaflow.
frankzlin79 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-30-2009, 10:59 AM   #8
10M3MAN
Lieutenant Colonel
 
10M3MAN's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Nissan Altima SER
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Wharton, TX

Posts: 1,500
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via Skype™ to 10M3MAN
Very nice sound, where did you get it installed? Im about to order my M3 and I want o make sure I know all the good spots for M3 accessories and mod work
10M3MAN is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-30-2009, 11:04 AM   #9
greenie
Private
 
Drives: 2013 650i x-drive m-sport coup
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Jenkintown, Pa

Posts: 64
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankzlin79 View Post
I think Dinan, like the AA, still sounds very Euro. If you watch the Dinan vs. AA video, the two sound very similar from the outside. High-pitched, especially in the higher RPMS.


greenie: If you are looking for the American sound, then you need to go with Magnaflow.
Frank, you are probably right. I like the large tips on the Magnaflow plus the fact that Im running Magnaflow on my Corvette and I like it. B&B was the other I was considering.

Last edited by greenie; 07-30-2009 at 01:56 PM.
greenie is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-30-2009, 11:20 AM   #10
chris s
Major General
 
chris s's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 e92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York

Posts: 5,259
iTrader: (8)

8 minutes...and no vids from outside the car? Can we get something from the rear, revving?
__________________

2012 MR e92 M3 DCT, fully loaded... ESS VT2-625, Brembo 380, BBS FI's, Akra/Challenge Sport, KW Sleeve kit, Full OEM CF Interior
2008 e92 M3 Coupe 6MT | AW/BLK Extended...SOLD!
chris s is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-30-2009, 12:02 PM   #11
frankzlin79
Lieutenant Colonel
 
frankzlin79's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Nissan GT-R
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Houston, Texas

Posts: 1,618
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris s View Post
8 minutes...and no vids from outside the car? Can we get something from the rear, revving?
Lots of footage of a Dinan and an AA from outside the car!
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=287174

Last edited by frankzlin79; 07-30-2009 at 10:33 PM.
frankzlin79 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-30-2009, 07:03 PM   #12
the infamous...
Relapsed Bimmerpost Addict
 
the infamous...'s Avatar
 
Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: PARADISE aka CANES COUNTRY

Posts: 17,538
iTrader: (0)

the infamous... is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-31-2009, 01:12 PM   #13
frankzlin79
Lieutenant Colonel
 
frankzlin79's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Nissan GT-R
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Houston, Texas

Posts: 1,618
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10M3MAN View Post
Very nice sound, where did you get it installed? Im about to order my M3 and I want o make sure I know all the good spots for M3 accessories and mod work
Tlud got it installed at BMW of Houston North.
http://www.bmwofhoustonnorth.com/
frankzlin79 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-31-2009, 03:55 PM   #14
positiveions
Lieutenant General
 
positiveions's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 MKV JETTA 2.5 & E90 M3 :)
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: La Verne, CA

Posts: 10,416
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via MSN to positiveions Send a message via Yahoo to positiveions
it sounds more muscular.
positiveions is offline   Lebanon
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:55 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST