BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

Lux Angel Eyes

08-08-2009, 10:58 AM   #67
Dntlvet
Dntlvet

Drives: 10 M3 Sedan,13 GT-R BE,13 Pors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltigeur View Post
Thanks for asking Dntlvet. I meant to call BMW ED today but market was rocking today so I was too busy at work.

I plan to call today, for now, no news is good news
I am also known has dalekressin on another bimmer forum. Hoping for the best for you as I also plan an M3 EDsoooon.
Dntlvet is offline   United_States
      08-09-2009, 08:14 AM   #68
MTROIS
Major

Drives: on the wrong side of the Ocean

This REALLY sucks but no other choice than to
      08-11-2009, 05:00 AM   #69
zenderm3
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: E36 M3 DY/2010 E92 M3

v-man... any news?
1996 E36 M3 Dakar Yellow - No Longer With Me
2004 Honda Accord Euro - SOLD
zenderm3 is offline   Australia
      08-13-2009, 07:45 PM   #70
SnowGator
Enlisted Member

Drives: '09 M3 Sedan

08-14-2009, 10:45 AM   #71
Voltigeur
MacroRisk

Drives: M3 E92 ED'09 / 335d Sport DD

went 6 weeks last Wed

Thanks everyone.

My M3 hit the 6 weeks' mark in Customs' limbo on Wed - which makes it 8 weeks since drop-off in Nice

I got quite dispirited this week. Frankly, I am getting accustomed to not owning / driving my long-awaited M3; yet another payment beckons next week. I am starting to wonder if I would not have been better off if I had not gone ahead ... (doesn't help that we got hit w/ $17k of unexpected home repairs this month - talk about beating me when I'm down!).

At this juncture I'm not sure I would - could - do ED again after going through this. What really eats away is, despite calls and entreaties, voicemails, emails - I'm no more in the know than I was 5 weeks ago. I am a proverbial 'mushroom': kept in the dark and ...

I have not called BMW for a week so will do so again today, and EH Harms - the transport/customs broker - the latter is really the one that is dealing w/ Customs on this.

Just thinking of something not so witty
///M3 E92 '09 Jerez Black | 6MT | Ext Fox Red | Tech | Prem | 19s |Heated Seats | iPod |Smartphone | Euro Deliv June 09
Sold: 540iT / 530i / 323i
Voltigeur is offline   Australia
      08-14-2009, 10:51 AM   #72
lucid
Major General

Drives: E30 M3; Expedition

Man, this really sucks. 2 months since you dropped it off...

What exactly are they doing to that car? How long does it take to search a car? Are they checking inside the cylinders just in case?
      08-14-2009, 10:58 AM   #73
SlammedR8
Brigadier General

Drives: 2010 Audi R8 V10 +2013 Audi S4

Send a message via MSN to SlammedR8
wow
that sucks
sorry to hear it

hang in there, the ///M will be here soon
      08-14-2009, 01:15 PM   #74
Voltigeur
MacroRisk

Smile Voltigeur's M3 E92 released from Customs' hold today!

Hey everyone ...whew. Talk about an emotional rollercoaster! Just spoke to BMW ED and they said my car was FINALLY released from Customs! 43 days in Customs. Over 8 weeks since drop-off.

I was told it should be w/ the VDC soon and be checked over for any issues. Hopefully there are none expect "Maximillian" needing a good bath and maybe some buffing of the gorgeous Fox Red leather seats - who knows whose bum has been sitting there!

Of course, now I just want my car to be as pristine as when I dropped it off in Nice in mid-June ...

BMW will update me as to the car's status and if all's OK should be on a truck early next week -- I'd surmise it's 2-3 days' transport time to Austin (?) The dealer has to prep it and I paid for ceramic tinting. With luck maybe I'll be driving it in < 2 weeks. Now I just want my M-car back! I need to hear that S65 V8 at 7,000+ (had it serviced in Aix day before drop-off, so the car's never been over 6,000).

again to all for the posts & moral support during the delay. I have some good mates on m3post

Still need to do some more posts on Europe and pics once it arrives in country TX. Will be amusing when I 1st 'gun it' : around my town as no-one will have heard / seen one

V

///M3 E92 '09 Jerez Black | 6MT | Ext Fox Red | Tech | Prem | 19s |Heated Seats | iPod |Smartphone | Euro Deliv June 09
      08-14-2009, 01:26 PM   #75
TLud
Colonel

Drives: '12 Golf R

Quote:
Hey everyone ...whew. Talk about an emotional rollercoaster! Just spoke to BMW ED and they said my car was FINALLY released from Customs! 43 days in Customs. Over 8 weeks since drop-off.

I was told it should be w/ the VDC soon and be checked over for any issues. Hopefully there are none expect "Maximillian" needing a good bath and maybe some buffing of the gorgeous Fox Red leather seats - who knows whose bum has been sitting there!

Of course, now I just want my car to be as pristine as when I dropped it off in Nice in mid-June ...

BMW will update me as to the car's status and if all's OK should be on a truck early next week -- I'd surmise it's 2-3 days' transport time to Austin (?) The dealer has to prep it and I paid for ceramic tinting. With luck maybe I'll be driving it in < 2 weeks. Now I just want my M-car back! I need to hear that S65 V8 at 7,000+ (had it serviced in Aix day before drop-off, so the car's never been over 6,000).

again to all for the posts & moral support during the delay. I have some good mates on m3post

Still need to do some more posts on Europe and pics once it arrives in country TX. Will be amusing when I 1st 'gun it' : around my town as no-one will have heard / seen one

V
Finally, the light at the end of the tunnel. I'll be in Austin 2 weekends from now. If you're picking your car up while I'm there, we should meet up again.
      08-14-2009, 01:26 PM   #76
Voltigeur
MacroRisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
Man, this really sucks. 2 months since you dropped it off...

What exactly are they doing to that car? How long does it take to search a car? Are they checking inside the cylinders just in case?
Hey lucid, yeah, has really sucked - to put it mildly. Right now I do not feel like working Well, got here early today, before 07:00 so think I'll be out unusually early and go meet the wife. Going to a great Italian place.

As to you questions: no idea! I was told they look for contraband - use some detectors and dogs, I'd guess - and check for US spec consistency. I really hope this didn't involve anything to do w/ that work-of-mechanical-art V8!

Just want my M3 back now - and as good as I left it.
-- V

08-14-2009, 01:28 PM   #77
Voltigeur
MacroRisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLud View Post
Finally, the light at the end of the tunnel. I'll be in Austin 2 weekends from now. If you're picking your car up while I'm there, we should meet up again.
With a bit of luck, mate, we may be able to meet w/ our M's! If not in Austin maybe you swing by my place on way back to your home

08-14-2009, 01:30 PM   #78
TLud
Colonel

Drives: '12 Golf R

Quote:
With a bit of luck, mate, we may be able to meet w/ our M's! If not in Austin maybe you swing by my place on way back to your home
Sounds like a plan.
      08-14-2009, 01:35 PM   #79
garek
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 09 E90 M3 DCT

Glad to hear your ordeal is finally over. I can't imagine what customs was doing with the car for 6 weeks, but at least, for your sake, it's over with.
      08-14-2009, 01:35 PM   #80
Voltigeur
MacroRisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTROIS View Post
This REALLY sucks but no other choice than to
Yep, did - and if I'd really been munching popcorn while waiting I'd need a LOT of gym time

08-14-2009, 01:36 PM   #81
Voltigeur
MacroRisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by garek View Post
Glad to hear your ordeal is finally over. I can't imagine what customs was doing with the car for 6 weeks, but at least, for your sake, it's over with.
Thx - beats me. I suspect it was sitting behind 'wire on some tarmac waiting to be audited. Lack of resources?

08-14-2009, 02:25 PM   #82
lucid
Major General

Drives: E30 M3; Expedition

Quote:
As to you questions: no idea! I was told they look for contraband - use some detectors and dogs, I'd guess - and check for US spec consistency. I really hope this didn't involve anything to do w/ that work-of-mechanical-art V8!
I'm sure they are not pulling your engine apart as there are other ways to make sure there is nothing in it such as doing donots in the large customs parking lot!

Just pulling your leg man. I'm sure it is stuck in some line somewhere collecting dust, and nobody has even touched it for weeks.
      08-14-2009, 04:01 PM   #83
Crazy Bimmer
The Jesal

Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to Crazy Bimmer
Yay!! Glad to hear buddy!
      08-14-2009, 04:24 PM   #84
DRM2RLTY
Enlisted Member

Drives: BMW M3 Coupe (2009)

Great news V, finally!! Glad your ordeal is over My car just hit NJ port this morning, hoping to be in my M soon..
DRM2RLTY is offline   United_States
      08-14-2009, 10:42 PM   #85
Jdebitjr
First Lieutenant

Drives: 2008 and 2015 M3 Sedans

Have been following this thread. Congrats on finally getting it released...amazing they would keep it that long....geez!
      08-15-2009, 05:57 AM   #86
zenderm3
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: E36 M3 DY/2010 E92 M3

Quote:

V
Mate... very very happy for you! Glad that you're almost in your ///M! Talk to you soon.
1996 E36 M3 Dakar Yellow - No Longer With Me
2004 Honda Accord Euro - SOLD
zenderm3 is offline   Australia
      08-15-2009, 09:13 AM   #87
opie
Private

Drives: 2009 Audi R8 4.2

Congrats on getting the car released!
I hope you get it soon!
opie is offline   United_States
      08-15-2009, 09:36 AM   #88
Voltigeur
MacroRisk

-

Thanks again, all, will post some pics here once I get my M-car back - hopefully as good as when I dropped it off in Nice.