BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews
 
GT Haus
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-27-2009, 10:57 AM   #1
DRM2RLTY
Enlisted Member
 
DRM2RLTY's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW M3 Coupe (2009)
Join Date: May 2009
Location: PA

Posts: 38
iTrader: (1)

Finally!!

Hi guys!

Firstly, wanted to introduce myself and show pics of my .
I've been lurking around taking in all the great suggestions/advice people here have to give. Thank you! I just picked up my new baby through ED. For people who've never done this, IT IS A MUST! What an amazing experience!

I don't know if this is just me, but I don't think photos do this car any justice. It looks so much more amazing in real life..
Now the anxious wait starts, they said anything from 6-8 weeks for me to get it .

M3 Coupe - Space Grey Metallic/Fox Red
Attached Images
          
DRM2RLTY is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-27-2009, 11:14 AM   #2
darwin316
Master Chief
 
darwin316's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 e90 M3 JzB
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NOVA

Posts: 640
iTrader: (0)

Congrats! Nice combination
__________________
| 2009 E90 M3 | JZB | Black Leather, Carbon Leather | M-DCT | 19" OEM Wheels | Tech, Premium & Cold Packages | PDC | Alarm | Premium Sound | iPod Adapter |
| 2011 X5 35i Sports Activity| Sapphire Black, Black Leather, Dark Bamboo | Convenience, Tech & Cold Packages | HUD | Comfort Access | Premium Sound |

darwin316 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-27-2009, 01:28 PM   #3
Shake-N-Bake
Private First Class
 
Drives: AW/FR e92 M3
Join Date: May 2009
Location: 3o1

Posts: 128
iTrader: (2)

Your car looks awesome, congrats! I am actually doing ED in Aug, any advice?
Shake-N-Bake is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-27-2009, 02:17 PM   #4
DRM2RLTY
Enlisted Member
 
DRM2RLTY's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW M3 Coupe (2009)
Join Date: May 2009
Location: PA

Posts: 38
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darwin316 View Post
Congrats! Nice combination
Thanks!!
DRM2RLTY is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-27-2009, 02:18 PM   #5
garek
Second Lieutenant
 
garek's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 E90 M3 DCT
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Arizona

Posts: 287
iTrader: (0)

Congrats! Looks great. Where did you drive in Europe?
__________________
///M3 E90 '09 Le Mans Blue | DCT | Silver Novillo | Tech | Prem | 19"s | Prem Sound | iPod
StopTech BBK | Volk VR.G2 | H&R Sport Springs
garek is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-27-2009, 03:00 PM   #6
DRM2RLTY
Enlisted Member
 
DRM2RLTY's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW M3 Coupe (2009)
Join Date: May 2009
Location: PA

Posts: 38
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake-N-Bake View Post
Your car looks awesome, congrats! I am actually doing ED in Aug, any advice?
Thanks!! I got in touch with a guy who's details are also over at the Bimmerfest ED forum (I'm not sure if I'll be breaking rules if I post that info here). So PM me and I can pass on all his info. He was great, a wealth of information and he can literally plan your entire stay there. Depending on the length of your trip, he can suggest/modify an itinerary for you. He's affiliated with BMW and has worked for them since 1976, so he's very trustworthy. For a fee, you can schedule for him to pick you up at the airport and be dropped off.

I was literally only there for 2 days (work/family commitments). A piece of advice, try and stay as long as you can, to truly experience all that the surrounds has to offer. I spent 3 months there before, so I spent plenty of time doing the touristy stuff, but not while driving an M3 ..

Also, give yourself a full day for the Welt experience. The factory and museum tour are complimentary for people picking up cars. And in between all that, you can relax in the Premium Lounge (again only for people picking up cars), plenty of complimentary food, drinks and internet facilities.

I stayed at the Munich Marriott, very very nice for only 60euro and it was only 3 miles for Welt.
DRM2RLTY is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-27-2009, 03:12 PM   #7
DRM2RLTY
Enlisted Member
 
DRM2RLTY's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW M3 Coupe (2009)
Join Date: May 2009
Location: PA

Posts: 38
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by garek View Post
Congrats! Looks great. Where did you drive in Europe?
Thanks Garek!! Unfortunately, not too far. I drove to towns called Garmisch and to Mittenwald. Amazing scenery (please don't ask for pics, me the idiot , forgot to take the camera) and fun driving the car around old streets. I only had 2 days there, picked up Friday at 6.50pm and had to drop car off at Hams by 2pm on Saturday.
DRM2RLTY is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-27-2009, 04:01 PM   #8
duk
///M
 
Drives: 2011 AW/FR 6MT E92
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Jose, CA

Posts: 2,943
iTrader: (0)

my 2nd fav color combo after AW/FR!

looks amazing!!
__________________
2011 AW/FR 6MT E92 | Powered by Premier | Alekshop | ESS |
Rok n Peace Clothing: www.roknpeace.com

duk is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-27-2009, 05:02 PM   #9
smmmurf
Colonel
 
Drives: 2009 M3 Sedan 6MT
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Pleasanton, CA

Posts: 2,092
iTrader: (7)

Looks like fun! Be there in about a week...
__________________
M3 Sedan - AW/Black - 6MT - no moonroof - no folding seats - RAC RG63 - clear bra by Omega Werks
smmmurf is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-27-2009, 05:18 PM   #10
Johnny Lin
Lieutenant General
 
Johnny Lin's Avatar
 
Drives: AW E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bellevue, WA

Posts: 11,312
iTrader: (42)

Congrats~
Johnny Lin is offline   Taiwan
0
Reply With Quote
      07-27-2009, 06:20 PM   #11
zenderm3
Lieutenant Colonel
 
zenderm3's Avatar
 
Drives: E36 M3 DY/2010 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Brisbane

Posts: 1,961
iTrader: (0)

Congrats on the car - I'm currently debating my colour combination.. did you always want FR or did you decide when you looked at the car whether or not you wanted Red/Black interior...
__________________
________________
My ///M is in my garage .... and it is a beast!
2010 E92 M3 Space Grey | Fully Loaded
1996 E36 M3 Dakar Yellow - No Longer With Me
2004 Honda Accord Euro - SOLD
zenderm3 is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      07-27-2009, 06:54 PM   #12
DRM2RLTY
Enlisted Member
 
DRM2RLTY's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW M3 Coupe (2009)
Join Date: May 2009
Location: PA

Posts: 38
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smmmurf View Post
Looks like fun! Be there in about a week...
Loads of fun! You'll have a blast! How many days are you planning on staying there, taking the M anywhere in particular?
DRM2RLTY is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-27-2009, 07:00 PM   #13
DRM2RLTY
Enlisted Member
 
DRM2RLTY's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW M3 Coupe (2009)
Join Date: May 2009
Location: PA

Posts: 38
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Lin View Post
Congrats~
Thanks!


Quote:
Originally Posted by zenderm3 View Post
Congrats on the car - I'm currently debating my colour combination.. did you always want FR or did you decide when you looked at the car whether or not you wanted Red/Black interior...
Thanks! I've always had black interiors and would've never even considered red, but I saw this combo at a dealer and I was sold..
DRM2RLTY is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-27-2009, 07:22 PM   #14
zenderm3
Lieutenant Colonel
 
zenderm3's Avatar
 
Drives: E36 M3 DY/2010 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Brisbane

Posts: 1,961
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM2RLTY View Post
Thanks! I've always had black interiors and would've never even considered red, but I saw this combo at a dealer and I was sold..
That is going to help me immensely! Thanks mate.
__________________
________________
My ///M is in my garage .... and it is a beast!
2010 E92 M3 Space Grey | Fully Loaded
1996 E36 M3 Dakar Yellow - No Longer With Me
2004 Honda Accord Euro - SOLD
zenderm3 is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      08-01-2009, 06:00 PM   #15
Voltigeur
MacroRisk
 
Voltigeur's Avatar
 
Drives: M3 E92 ED'09 / 335d Sport DD
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: TX

Posts: 2,519
iTrader: (0)

-

Excellent combo - was my 2nd fav choice. Congrats too on ED: one of the best things to do!
__________________

Just thinking of something not so witty
///M3 E92 '09 Jerez Black | 6MT | Ext Fox Red | Tech | Prem | 19s |Heated Seats | iPod |Smartphone | Euro Deliv June 09
Sold: 540iT / 530i / 323i
Voltigeur is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      08-01-2009, 06:12 PM   #16
Anthony1
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Drives: 08 M5
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Illinois

Posts: 465
iTrader: (1)

Congrats!! ED is amazing. Welt is a hell of an experiance!!
Anthony1 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-01-2009, 06:15 PM   #17
Voltigeur
MacroRisk
 
Voltigeur's Avatar
 
Drives: M3 E92 ED'09 / 335d Sport DD
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: TX

Posts: 2,519
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM2RLTY View Post
A piece of advice, try and stay as long as you can, to truly experience all that the surrounds has to offer. I spent 3 months there before, so I spent plenty of time doing the touristy stuff, but not while driving an M3 ..
+1,000 I had 2 weeks and not long enough. Like you I had spent a lot longer ovef there - in total ~ 10m - but not w/ an M3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM2RLTY View Post
Also, give yourself a full day for the Welt experience. The factory and museum tour are complimentary for people picking up cars. And in between all that, you can relax in the Premium Lounge (again only for people picking up cars), plenty of complimentary food, drinks and internet facilities.

I stayed at the Munich Marriott, very very nice for only 60euro and it was only 3 miles for Welt.
Agreed. I skipped the Factory Tour but will be back there next year.

That's a good deal. We stayed here:

http://www.kempinski-vierjahreszeite...home/index.htm

was ~ 250 EUR (worth it IMO, best service ever). Saw John Bolton at breakfast ...(former UN Ambassador).
__________________

Just thinking of something not so witty
///M3 E92 '09 Jerez Black | 6MT | Ext Fox Red | Tech | Prem | 19s |Heated Seats | iPod |Smartphone | Euro Deliv June 09
Sold: 540iT / 530i / 323i
Voltigeur is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      08-01-2009, 06:50 PM   #18
Crazy Bimmer
The Jesal
 
Crazy Bimmer's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Chicago IL

Posts: 5,830
iTrader: (19)

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to Crazy Bimmer
Ahh yes, the best way to buy a BMW. IMO

Glad you are enjoying it! I sure did! Your car is a beauty as well!
__________________
2009 E90 M3 - SOLD
Crazy Bimmer is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-02-2009, 01:27 AM   #19
DRM2RLTY
Enlisted Member
 
DRM2RLTY's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW M3 Coupe (2009)
Join Date: May 2009
Location: PA

Posts: 38
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltigeur View Post
-

Excellent combo - was my 2nd fav choice. Congrats too on ED: one of the best things to do!
Thanks! Congrats to you too! The part about having to wait to get your car back really sucks, but I don't think I would do anything but an ED from now on.
But I can't imagine what you're having to deal with, hope you get your M back soon. I was all cranky this morning because the ship (Maersk Wave) that my car is on didn't leave on time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltigeur View Post
+1,000 I had 2 weeks and not long enough. Like you I had spent a lot longer ovef there - in total ~ 10m - but not w/ an M3.
Funnily enough, the day after I got back from Munich, I ended up getting a job offer in Basel. Oooh just the thought of being able to drive the M all around Europe. So my wife and I are in the middle of seriously contemplating taking the offer.


Agreed. I skipped the Factory Tour but will be back there next year.

That's a good deal. We stayed here:

http://www.kempinski-vierjahreszeite...home/index.htm

was ~ 250 EUR (worth it IMO, best service ever). Saw John Bolton at breakfast ...(former UN Ambassador).
Factory tour was cool.. Unfortunately, the tours in english were sold out, so I ended up doing the german tour, I didn't understand a word, but I didn't care. Just being able to see how they put the the cars together was enough for me..
I stayed at the Kempinski in 2006, total class! For what I paid at the Marriott, I thought it was going to be a dive, but was I pleasantly surprised.
DRM2RLTY is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-02-2009, 01:32 AM   #20
DRM2RLTY
Enlisted Member
 
DRM2RLTY's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW M3 Coupe (2009)
Join Date: May 2009
Location: PA

Posts: 38
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony@IND View Post
Congrats!! ED is amazing. Welt is a hell of an experiance!!
Thanks Anthony! I'm going to have to hit you guys up for some (actually many) Mods I have in mind ..
DRM2RLTY is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-02-2009, 01:39 AM   #21
DRM2RLTY
Enlisted Member
 
DRM2RLTY's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW M3 Coupe (2009)
Join Date: May 2009
Location: PA

Posts: 38
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesal@Project 808 View Post
Ahh yes, the best way to buy a BMW. IMO

Glad you are enjoying it! I sure did! Your car is a beauty as well!
My wife and daughter couldn't make it this time, so I already have a real good reason to do it again.
Now the wait begins to get the car back. Supposed to arrive in NJ on Aug 13th, will begin the campout next weekend ..
BTW, your car looks amazing!
DRM2RLTY is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-02-2009, 10:05 AM   #22
Voltigeur
MacroRisk
 
Voltigeur's Avatar
 
Drives: M3 E92 ED'09 / 335d Sport DD
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: TX

Posts: 2,519
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM2RLTY View Post
Thanks! Congrats to you too! The part about having to wait to get your car back really sucks, but I don't think I would do anything but an ED from now on.
But I can't imagine what you're having to deal with, hope you get your M back soon. I was all cranky this morning because the ship (Maersk Wave) that my car is on didn't leave on time.
I would be cranky too about the delay of ship. All relative now! I have mixed thoughts about another ED due to my delay / frustration ... maybe like women & birth pains, I will forget over time and hopefully just recall the good parts of the experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM2RLTY View Post
Funnily enough, the day after I got back from Munich, I ended up getting a job offer in Basel. Oooh just the thought of being able to drive the M all around Europe. So my wife and I are in the middle of seriously contemplating taking the offer.
Run, don't walk, to accept this offer, mate! That would totally

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM2RLTY View Post
Factory tour was cool.. Unfortunately, the tours in english were sold out, so I ended up doing the german tour, I didn't understand a word, but I didn't care. Just being able to see how they put the the cars together was enough for me..
Yes, seeing is sufficient (I did a P-car, Zuffenhausen tour) - tho' I do have some German. Wife is German so no probs for her!

Hope your ship sails on time and no Customs issues for you!
__________________

Just thinking of something not so witty
///M3 E92 '09 Jerez Black | 6MT | Ext Fox Red | Tech | Prem | 19s |Heated Seats | iPod |Smartphone | Euro Deliv June 09
Sold: 540iT / 530i / 323i
Voltigeur is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:20 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST